forum

League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
show more
P r o m i s e s

TKiller wrote:

They were bad at Renekton. He had everything to shut Riven down long before and now after all the nerfs to Riven he simply decimates her. Doesn't even matter which build path you go, all the items you can buy and build towards on Renekton during laning are good against Riven as well as his skillset.
Those people seem to me like players that take Renekton just because he counters her, and late game he becomes tanky as hell but don't know how to play him. It's gold/silver people I'm playing against, and I don't see why they would do such a thing in that elo.
Although everytime I do lane against him I get an early gank from my jungler which mostly works out successfull.

Vulf wrote:

Definitely a very bad renekton.
Yeah, probably. I got stomped by one today anyway, lol.
Vulf
That's actually really common in gold. People there don't understand that you still need to know how to play the champion for the counter to work for some reason. For example: Picking Renekton into Riven isn't a free win for Renekton if you don't know how to play the champion to begin with.

Talking about this reminded me of something someone back in season one told me. "I pick OP champ and you pick Urgot?". I don't remember what the matchup was, but this guy seemed very confused that he lost against my urgot when it was very clear he didn't know what he was doing at all.
OzzyOzrock
Speaking of Irelia, apparently the PBE notes have a buff planned, where her w (hiten style) has no mana costs. oooOOOooo

But it's only so they can nerf her later on ofc.
Vulf
Trist, Kog and Irelia got changed that way. Kayle has no mana cost on her ult from the last live patch.
At this rate it seems they want to do away with mana or make it irrelevant after a certain point. Which I find retarded.

Most stuff that has severe mana cost like actual dota tier mana cost are in line for pretty much a complete rework (Poppy, Warwick). Other champs mana cost are definitely manageable when compared to the previous mentioned. Mana based champs aren't the problem it's the non resource champs that have no tradeoff for being resourceless.
Jordan
Mana cost is literally the ONLY reason I don't play Poppy
OzzyOzrock
That's why I suck at Malphite and Panth haha. I'm terrible at managing mana at early levels. Though, I really haven't played those champs in a loong time.
f i z i k

Jordan wrote:

wtf with rivens destroying rene LOL is this bronze. Renekton shits on riven, even the worst rene world vs best riven world will win. Your only hope as riven is to get successful ganks early game..
renekton isnt even a counter to riven,its just easy to play for him. riven wins level 2/3,then its a stalemate where both can farm off. riven can kill renek once she gets a bf sword again most likely but this matchup is 90% just farming where it then depends on team comp/player skills who will be more successful later on. however,usually riven is better after midgame
TKiller
Riven with a Doran's blade can deal 546 damage in 4 autoattacks + 3 Q casts level 1 without factoring executioner in.

9/21 Renekton with a Doran's shield can deal 500 or 426 (not empowered) damage in the same time with 4 autoattacks + E.

Add in differences in HP regen, armor, -40 block for Renekton, -24/28/might be even lower block for Riven, different damage from minions.

Both abilities have same cooldown, by the time it goes off Renekton is bound to have 50 fury up and bursts Riven in auto + reset from E.

Even if something as stupid as this trade happened, Riven is not supposed to win and it only goes worse for her later in lane.

Riven winning level 2 is a way too bold claim and level 3 is not supposed to happen.
Vulf
Remember he also has decent sustain at zero cost so even if you damage him he heals it up through health regen and his Q. As i said earlier no one can really straight up beat him in lane except for Jax if he outplays him, but lets be real here thats not something that is easy to come by.

His only real counter is playing something that outscales him while not giving a shit about his damage in lane..
TKiller
His sustain and Riven's laughable hp regen is the reason lvl 3 wouldn't happen.
f i z i k

TKiller wrote:

Riven with a Doran's blade can deal 546 damage in 4 autoattacks + 3 Q casts level 1 without factoring executioner in.

9/21 Renekton with a Doran's shield can deal 500 or 426 (not empowered) damage in the same time with 4 autoattacks + E.

Add in differences in HP regen, armor, -40 block for Renekton, -24/28/might be even lower block for Riven, different damage from minions.

Both abilities have same cooldown, by the time it goes off Renekton is bound to have 50 fury up and bursts Riven in auto + reset from E.

Even if something as stupid as this trade happened, Riven is not supposed to win and it only goes worse for her later in lane.

Riven winning level 2 is a way too bold claim and level 3 is not supposed to happen.
i dont really care about this theorycrafting stuff since it doesnt work like that anyways,but that is all considering both go full retard all-in. with riven you just do q aa q,take his q and autoattack and get your 3rd q off and back off. thats a won trade,consider rivens passive aswell. level 2 is the same when both pop it equal time,you can take shield and take one of his spells and pop another 4 passive stacks after using q again. or you take the stun and just q w q out and you win another trade. this lane is not too hard for riven,you just have to trade without getting retaliated which is pretty easy. once you get bf you can also play the all-in game. the only downside of this matchup is that pushing vs renek level 1 is almost pretty much impossible but yeah,thats all there is to it. i just speak by my experience of 1000 riven games and this is just how it goes

oh and if youre just about those trades not happening i agree,90% is just renek shoving you and once it resets at level 3/4 its a skill matchup again,just a bit easier to play as renek. much like jax vs irelia,60:40
TKiller
Renekton can forcefully retalliate fairly easily. His kit and stats are superior in lane, it's out of question. If renekton is losing lane early to Riven 1v1, odds are, he's doing something wrong.

I can agree that Riven losing lane 1v1 to Renekton is pretty likely to mean that Riven is doing something wrong as well. But Riven is at severe disatvantage here. Renekton can even make mistakes in this matchup, Riven doesn't forgive mistakes anymore.

Picking Renekton into Riven doesn't mean she'll die just by walking up the top lane. But you get all the means to make it so.
OzzyOzrock
Finally got Vel'koz in ARAM.

Went pretty well.
BrokenArrow
Haha that reminds me of that aram game where we got 5 adcs in our team with Cait, Varus and Ezreal and they only got some melee bruisers
I think we destroyed their Nexus after around 10 minutes, they had no chance to even get past their own turrets
If the game had gone any longer I think they would have eventually crushed us though
OzzyOzrock
It makes me kind of mad seeing how crazy people are going over Lulu mid because it is now WIDELY known to work.

Or better put, now that people are playing Lulu mid well, it immediately went from Lulu mid being difficult to win with straight to God tier. I mean, nothing changed between that time, it's just the effect of FOTM. I dunno, that's how games are I suppose.

Hell, before her ratio nerfs and utility scaling, she could two shot a lot of champions late game, and nobody cared then. Makes me wonder what champions will be FOTM next.
Sapphiire_old_1

OzzyOzrock wrote:

It makes me kind of mad seeing how crazy people are going over Lulu mid because it is now WIDELY known to work.

Or better put, now that people are playing Lulu mid well, it immediately went from Lulu mid being difficult to win with straight to God tier. I mean, nothing changed between that time, it's just the effect of FOTM. I dunno, that's how games are I suppose.

Hell, before her ratio nerfs and utility scaling, she could two shot a lot of champions late game, and nobody cared then. Makes me wonder what champions will be FOTM next.
League of Legends in a nutshell
TKiller
Literally everybody cared back then before scaling nerfs.

Soloq was spammed with mid/top Lulu and it was quite obnoxious to play against.
OzzyOzrock
I suppose you're right, just a bit less.

In other news, support Vel'koz void lane. The dream.
SPOILER

And round 2! With more AFK players!

And the one normal game...

Soralicious
i PLay on the Na Sever feel free to add me play some games fun time
lol name is Soralicious
Vulf
Old Lulu was top tier at everything.
tyrael6192
Jordan
I just played a RANKED GAME that got counted as a normal haha. I'm not the only having this "bug" but this annoys the hell out of me since I won and got no lp because NORMAL GAME. Weirdest bug I've ever seen
Guuhan

Jordan wrote:

I just played a RANKED GAME that got counted as a normal haha. I'm not the only having this "bug" but this annoys the hell out of me since I won and got no lp because NORMAL GAME. Weirdest bug I've ever seen
After they added teambuilder, league went crazy :p
Sapphiire_old_1

tyrael6192 wrote:

Jerry with a tommy gun lol'd
Fabi
Finally Challenger!! Forgot to take a screenshoot :(
Sapphiire_old_1

Fabi wrote:

Finally Challenger!! Forgot to take a screenshoot :(

Gratz !! :)
simonpearce
My summoner name is 'ClawMyEyez' and I play on EUW.

I'm not sure what level I am at the moment, I haven't played in quite a while.. I think I might be 22? :P I'm not very good though!
Cyclohexane
I'm a cheeky cunt

I hesitated going sword of the occult to be extra cheeky but that was good enough I think
Blaziken
I freakin' love it when Thresh goes free week. The enemy must feel like utter shit when they get hooked between two minions. Intermediate Ammumu bot taught me the ways.
Kanye West
As usual riot going to destroy another hero into unplayability with the lee sin rework. Honestly game balance would be so much better if they just learned from dota because from a game balance standpoint dota is way better.
Vulf
Those values will not make it to the live servers I can guarantee you that.
Champions like Lee Sin and Elise have kits that pretty much make them impossible to be in line with all the other champions because of the way they are designed. Their kits will always be good. I would like Riot to bring all champions up to that level, but that would require several years of work to complete and you know Riot won't do that.

I think the goal for Lee Sin is to give him more clear weaknesses.
BrokenArrow

Top lane Akali is surprisingly strong, the matchup vs. Olaf went better than expected.
I think it's even easier to carry with her from top lane than mid because it makes it really easy to snowball the other lanes from there once you take down the first turret. In mid this is almost never possible because it gets camped by the jungler a lot so you can barely damage the turret.
Our Cait was a god tho, so I guess we would have won even if Olaf had shat on me.
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Kanye West
90 NA, 140-150 EUW and 200-240 wildly fluctuating ÔCE. Apparently I can play Latin America North and get lower ping than NA.
Nofool
Sapphiire_old_1
It's as I always say:
I have a button that stops a flamer flaming me.
I don't have a button that stops a shit player being shit.

So fucking true
Kanye West

Nofool wrote:

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/esports/esports-event/all-star-2014-heads-paris-france
France 2 good, don't read the first comment tho...
Wow even though we won't vote in allstar teams from each region this time, I still think it's going to be a good tourney. TSM/C9 from NA, SKT T1 K from Korea, probably OMG from china, and I don't even know who's probably going from Europe. Maybe gambit, roccat, CW, SK or even fnatic might come back and beat everyone in playoffs.
Sapphiire_old_1

SoG Tava wrote:

fnatic might come back and beat everyone in playoffs.
I am pretty sure thats whats going to happen
Sapphiire_old_1
Minions OP + support easy gg wp
Nofool

Kanye West wrote:

Wow even though we won't vote in allstar teams from each region this time, I still think it's going to be a good tourney. TSM/C9 from NA, SKT T1 K from Korea, probably OMG from china, and I don't even know who's probably going from Europe. Maybe gambit, roccat, CW, SK or even fnatic might come back and beat everyone in playoffs.
the last year system was a bit funnier to me ;_; why no faker/insec/madlife team pls
show more