League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nofool

tyrael6192 wrote:

gonna main zilean jungle, ty.
Navizel
Just bought Rumble and I'm having problems with cs-ing with him. Any tips?
Justykanna

Navizel wrote:

I personally find CSing with any AP champion's annoying because there's no bonus AD to be had... D=
You could take Butcher if you're really struggling.
Could also use your E to farm if you don't feel you'll get engaged on.

Just practice lots! =D
Vulf

Navizel wrote:

Go into a custom and practice last hitting with him using no items or abilities. His AA animation has a weird windup so I can see people that are new to him having cs troubles at first.

NA servers lagging again so I guess that's my cue to go out into the night. :)
Navizel

Justykanna wrote:

I personally find CSing with any AP champion's annoying because there's no bonus AD to be had... D=
You could take Butcher if you're really struggling.
Could also use your E to farm if you don't feel you'll get engaged on.

Just practice lots! =D
E don't deal much damage early game...or that's just me? Also needs proper positioning but he looks worth tho.

Vulf wrote:

Go into a custom and practice last hitting with him using no items or abilities. His AA animation has a weird windup so I can see people that are new to him having cs troubles at first.

NA servers lagging again so I guess that's my cue to go out into the night. :)
Yeah, his AA is weird.
Riot should really give more priority in quality than money.

Anyway, thanks for the tips~
ItsukiKun
Guess what I did yesterday...
I played Urgot.
TKiller
The most important part of csing with Rumble is using your Q under tower to get just the right damage to creeps so they don't die to turret shots but have low enough hp for you to lasthit them.

Also learn what damage your passive does at low levels.
Justykanna

Navizel wrote:

E don't deal much damage early game...or that's just me? Also needs proper positioning but he looks worth tho.
You'd be correct. However, if you auto attack something and find you're just short of killing a minion, you can always use it if you don't think you'll have time for your auto attack to go off CD.
BrokenArrow

this league is still a fucking joke, how the fuck am I outfarming my solo lanes as a jungler while having set up pretty much every kill during lane phase and then get reported by Kayle for not giving her blue after she died 3 times in a row to Yasuo/Vi
Sapphiire_old_1
This is just awsome

Witch Mercy
Making my way out of silver ( o u o ) /
Sapphiire_old_1
SPOILER

Riot wrote:

We are sorry for the ongoing server issues in many parts of the world including very recent North America and Europe problems. Lots of work has been done to help improve things and more work is still being done.

We have seen significant increases in hackers running distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS) against game and platform servers. League of Legends has not been the only target, most large game companies have been feeling the pain along with other online businesses, but we have been a more frequent target than most. In the last 6 months over half of all DDoS attacks we have seen against LoL have been in the last 2 months. We are currently seeing 2 to 4 attacks every day against one or more regions. The strength of these attacks has increased significantly over the last few months as the arms race against hackers continues to grow in scale.

League of Legends is made up of dozens of components, some of these are easier to protect against DDoS than others. Typically websites are easiest to protect, while game servers are hardest (most standard forms of protection would create lag in game like League of Legends).

In the last 2 weeks world record breaking DDoS attacks have been seen by several companies including Riot. These attacks are so big that the ISPs and Telecom's that service League of Legends have not been able to keep their Internet circuits up while the attack is underway. This means that our servers often do not even see or feel the malicious traffic itself because the Internet connections feeding our data centers are being cut off due to the size of the attacks filling the very large Internet circuits the telecoms and ISPs have.

When our data centers lose the Internet, your connections to game servers and/or PVP.net services like Chat and Login get disconnected in the worst case or lots of players will see serious in-game lag for the duration of the attack. If lots of players get disconnected, you will often see a login queue to get back into PVP.net or the game.

We expect the current attacks to get better soon. We already have been able to fend off many problems before they create problems for you. Our network team has been working almost non-stop for several weeks both fighting off DDoS attacks around the world and strengthening our Internet services. We have also been working with telecoms and ISPs to help them understand how to block these attacks so that their services are not affected. Some fixes have required new equipment and ISP circuits to be ordered which can take weeks to get shipped and installed. Some telecoms and ISPs are slower than others in applying the fixes needed to ensure they do not fall over from these attacks, we depend on many ISPs so its important that all ISPs make the fix or the bad traffic finds a way to knock off our servers.

Of course this is an arms race so as one defense gets put in place, eventually we can expect new methods to launch attacks that will often require time to put a defense in place. About half of the equipment investment in League of Legends is network gear with a large part of that in place to just handle the ongoing rise in frequency and size of DDoS attacks. We are investing even more every day around the world and will continue to work hard to win the fight. We are also working closely with our equipment providers and other services to make sure we are doing everything we can to protect the many components that make up League of Legends.

Sometimes we lose the fight and that sucks because it means players like you feel the pain too. It also means that instead of our engineers building cool stuff for players we have to fight off bad stuff from hackers, so players lose again. It's frustrating, but the reality of large scale Internet services, so we have to get smarter and better to make sure players around the world can have fun when you want to have fun.

I apologize for the pain and promise that we will continue to get better. New data centers with stronger and even more Internet connections are getting close to being live for Europe and North American players, with all other regions scheduled for complete overhauls as 2014 goes on. These new data centers will help us keep up the fight in the hacker arms race, they won't solve all the problems we deal with all the time, but they should level up our side of the fight a great deal.

In the meantime we are not helpless, teams are still working long hours, expect daily improvement.

See you on the Fields of Justice,

sonicdeathmonk
VP of Network Operations
Riot Games

P.S. for the more technically curious here is some background reading on the current attacks: /
Witch Mercy
Servers, please be stable now ;_;
It sucks to freeze every 5 sec, esp. when you're in your ranked promos l:
Sapphiire_old_1
The feeling when u have your last promo match and u failed to select a champ cause you disconected it hurts :cry:
Witch Mercy

SoG Tava wrote:

The feeling when u have your last promo match and u failed to select a champ cause you disconected it hurts :cry:
Oh god.
I would just rq life ;_;
Sapphiire_old_1
If you have trouble running League on your toaster, here's something you can do:
When you are in the loading screen or ingame, open your task manager and kill the LolClient.exe. https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/ody5Dlu.png
This will get rid of the resourcemonster that eats about as much as the game client itself. You will have to log in again after finishing your game, but it could be worth it if your machine struggles.
Be careful not to kill your "League of Legends.exe" instead, that's the actual game. I suggest you test this in a custom game so you know how it works.
All credit for finding this goes to my good friend lllIllllllllllll[EU-W], I'm merely parroting what he told me. (Yes, that's a different person.)
tyrael6192
one cool thing though is that you can alt tab while the game is loading and find the 'riot' icon in your task bar, click it to open the client window, and carry on talking to your friends while the game loads ^.^
Justykanna

tyrael6192 wrote:

one cool thing though is that you can alt tab while the game is loading and find the 'riot' icon in your task bar, click it to open the client window, and carry on talking to your friends while the game loads ^.^
Yup, I like to do that too.

I also usually like to do that when I'm spectating a friend's game and talking to another.
Dunno why they don't just enable some form of chat in game you're spectating though (and I mean when you're whispering others), just so you don't have to swap windows.
BrokenArrow
There are just so many things that are not optimized about the current client, I'd really love to see a completely new one somewhere around this year, but since Riot is so slow at everything I doubt it will happen. There are games 10 years older with a much better client in terms of stability, performance and features and Riot certainely has more than enough money to create something better. Why aren't they doing something about it?
I'd rather see no balance patches for 3 months so Riot can focus more on stuff like that.
Justykanna

BrokenArrow wrote:

There are just so many things that are not optimized about the current client, I'd really love to see a completely new one somewhere around this year, but since Riot is so slow at everything I doubt it will happen. There are games 10 years older with a much better client in terms of stability, performance and features and Riot certainely has more than enough money to create something better. Why aren't they doing something about it?
I'd rather see no balance patches for 3 months so Riot can focus more on stuff like that.
You'd think so, considering they've tweaked it a couple times semi-recently (the notifications section and the status bar... or lack there of).
I'm of the opinion that if something isn't broken, don't fix it. And I haven't had issues with the client at all since I started playing. Maybe it's not the best, but I don't call it broken.

Of course, if there's a slight possibility that Riot's working on it's client, the progress on it will be stalled with all the hacking / DDOS attacks they've been dealing with.
tyrael6192
inb4 they ddos'd themselves so they could have an excuse for not getting shit done
Justykanna

tyrael6192 wrote:

inb4 they ddos'd themselves so they could have an excuse for not getting shit done
Heh, I guess people need an excuse to be slow.
Sapphiire_old_1

sonicdeathmonk wrote:

We are working on getting game servers more centrally located in North America. We can share more on this soon. We are also optimizing our connections to many large ISPs in the USA and Canada which should improve things for everyone in the meantime. A few more were just hooked up just last week. Comcast, Level 3 and Cogent are now in the mix. Key changes coming first is a direct connection to the San Jose, CA and Seattle, WA located Internet Exchanges, this should reduce ping time a bit even for East Coast players (while also improving our DDoS defense). These Internet Exchanges bring us direct connections to many more USA and Canadian ISPs, cable companies, and telecoms than we have directly connected today in NA. Connections are ordered, so not too much longer to wait.

We also have truck loads of game servers built and waiting to be delivered closer to the Eastern US Coast as soon as we nail down the best place to put them to benefit the most NA players. This year for sure, hopefully soon. Won't be able to give everyone in the US 20 msec ping time but I think we will achieve getting most player closer to the same ping time (and still keep almost everyone faster than a Ferrari FXX can shift gears).
Sigh they do say alot , but i see no results in Eu ore Na
BrokenArrow
Oh god, I cried today..
So the enemy team left Kassadin open (7th time this season for me, lol) and I picked it.. and got stomped by a Karma in lane. Like, really hard.
I sucked so freaking hard, thank god my team carried me and we eventually won.. but damn.. I suck.
Jordan

BrokenArrow wrote:

Oh god, I cried today..
So the enemy team left Kassadin open (7th time this season for me, lol) and I picked it.. and got stomped by a Karma in lane. Like, really hard.
I sucked so freaking hard, thank god my team carried me and we eventually won.. but damn.. I suck.
Karma mid is terribly strong
Witch Mercy

BrokenArrow wrote:

Oh god, I cried today..
I'm currently 3/0 with Kass in ranked, the snowball is 2 stronk =w=
But yeah, a good karma is pretty annoying to deal with.
Her poke is simply amazing, and if she lands a w (while trying to set up her jungler or whoever for a gank), you're probably pretty much dead.
TKiller
The thing is plenty of times Karma does nothing other than performs greatly in lane.

Like Renekton.
Sapphiire_old_1

TKiller wrote:

The thing is plenty of times Karma does nothing other than performs greatly in lane.

Like Renekton.

i don't agree with you she can give a decent shield + movement speed great poke she fits good in sieging comps
Witch Mercy

TKiller wrote:

Like Renekton.
I suppose Karma is sorta like Nidalee in team fights.
Her job is to poke the enemy team down and hopefully her team has the ability to clean them up.
Sapphiire_old_1
Nidalee can clean in here cougar form , karma can't clean up but she has a shield and movementspeed buff instead
TKiller

SoG Tava wrote:

i don't agree with you she can give a decent shield + movement speed great poke she fits good in sieging comps
Not a lot of team comps can benefit from empowered shield.

Using empowered shield means you're gonna have even less burst for a while.

Not using empowered shield means you have to be either that much ahead or in/against a right team comp to be able to go back and forth into fairly close range utilizing your poke, missing hp regen and snare.

Even though Karma's kit changed a lot after rework, in general she still is a team reliant lane bully.
Sapphiire_old_1

TKiller wrote:

SoG Tava wrote:

Not a lot of team comps can benefit from empowered shield.

Using empowered shield means you're gonna have even less burst for a while.

Not using empowered shield means you have to be either that much ahead or in/against a right team comp to be able to go back and forth into fairly close range utilizing your poke, missing hp regen and snare.

Even though Karma's kit changed a lot after rework, in general she still is a team reliant lane bully.
you've got a point
Kanye West
There's really no reason to pick Karma in this meta. Her poke is mediocre, play Nidalee or Gragas for poke. Her burst is awful and she has subpar mobility so she isn't an assassin. Her utility is subpar too, play Orianna for utility instead. And there are many matchups that can go even or win vs Karma so she's not even the best lane bully. Imo until the meta shifts to supportive midlaners, the only way she would be viable is if she was reworked to support.
BrokenArrow
4.3 patch notes are out. Yay for Gragas, Kha and shroom nerfs \:D/
Kassadin will still be permabanned.
P r o m i s e s

BrokenArrow wrote:

Kha'Zix is getting a nerf? Wow, about time. Same goes for Kassadin, but I rarely played against him anyway since he's always banned.
Jordan
Gragas, Kha'Zix and Kass nerfs FUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRK
Navizel
aaaaaaaaaanddd another Kass nerf.
Stjpa

BrokenArrow wrote:

The problem is, that Gragas will still be viable...this nerf isn't a real nerf, and that's kinda wondering me...
Same for Kassa, he still has his sick AP ratios. :p
And Kha..idk, ppl will still play him too...
Vulf
Gragas nerf won't do much. Riot is nerfing him the wrong way (no surprise).
He needs to lose most if not all the random tank stats from both his passive and W before nerfs start to hurt him. Can even buff him to compensate for losing tankyness.

Kassadin needs to be remade. Stupid kit that will either be brokenly overpowered or straight up useless.

I actually think Kha'Zix was in a good place. Q nerf is fine, but the .6 ratio from his E will hurt him some. 2 second stealth ulti is interesting though.
Hika
The buff on Face of the Mountain is just amazing. I love it.
show more