forum

League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
show more
f i z i k
NEW SEASON HYPE
oh yeah got my diamond reward 2 days after season 3 started,missed challenger this season >__> welp this time maybe
PyaKura

Snepif wrote:

Alright, I guess everyone got their rank freezed (and soon soft-reseted) and ranked queues are unavailable in your servers. How did you end your pre-season?
Bronze yo. Didn't even bother finishing my series to Silver but I don't give a damn about that lol.
maal
aw yis

fnatic wins

GeeNX
Warwick banned in the LCS
Vulf
I was kinda hoping someone would try to counter pick Warwick by picking something like Mordkaiser against it, but knowing most pro teams they only want to play stuff that is overpowered or strong to the point there is little to no counters. This is why stuff like Warwick is working. It's as if people forgot what counter picking can do lol

Mordkaiser dumpsters on Warwick and it's quite sad people seemed too forced to play certain champions to think outside of the box in the pro scene. Hence why I rarely watch pro games anymore because it's almost the same 10-15 champions every game.

There was more info on Warwick's rework today. He will probably be losing his suppression. :(
Snepif

kT fizik wrote:

NEW SEASON HYPE
oh yeah got my diamond reward 2 days after season 3 started,missed challenger this season >__> welp this time maybe
Same, not Challenger yet. Season 4 will be the time we start to shine, yo!

Vulf wrote:

I was kinda hoping someone would try to counter pick Warwick by picking something like Mordkaiser against it, but knowing most pro teams they only want to play stuff that is overpowered or strong to the point there is little to no counters. This is why stuff like Warwick is working. It's as if people forgot what counter picking can do lol

Mordkaiser dumpsters on Warwick and it's quite sad people seemed too forced to play certain champions to think outside of the box in the pro scene. Hence why I rarely watch pro games anymore because it's almost the same 10-15 champions every game.

There was more info on Warwick's rework today. He will probably be losing his suppression. :(
I seriously doubt that Morde is THAT good of a counterpick to Warwick (specially since he's AP, and a magic resistance build is the one that favours Warwick the most, by going Chalice>Wits End>Visage). I mean it can work, but I don't see it as the best counter ever, specially since you are giving WW the damage he likes to itemize against the most.
Vulf

Snepif wrote:

[I seriously doubt that Morde is THAT good of a counterpick to Warwick (specially since he's AP, and a magic resistance build is the one that favours Warwick the most, by going Chalice>Wits End>Visage). I mean it can work, but I don't see it as the best counter ever, specially since you are giving WW the damage he likes to itemize against the most.
Doesn't matter because Warwick will never have the burst to break mords shield. Mord just shoves him into his turret and he loses CS. I hate that match up as a Warwick main. You don't need to kill Warwick to win the lane.

Nasus is another match up I really hate.
Snepif
Don't need to kill Morde to win the lane either. WW has much more roaming and TP potential. Morde has a... well... problem regarding mobility creep. Also, one gank and morde should be dead, he has no escapes and jungle+Warwick's ultimate is just too much for a guy with no escapes to survive (unless you go full tank morde which wouldn't shove the lane as much). However, if Morde's jungler ganks WW, Morde has no followup and remember what I said about Warwick's build: he will have tons of magic resistance. I don't see Morde killing Warwick even with a jungler, whereas I do see Warwick killing Morde with jungler's help, and I see him roaming a lot better, too. Anyway it's just on paper, I am well aware that it wouldn't be the best matchup for the Wolf, but I don't think it's the best counter and 100% go-to champ if you see WW in the opposing team.
Vulf
That's the thing. You can't ignore Mord and if the enemy jungler has to invest a ton of time camping that lane your team should have already won through objectives and towers elsewhere. It puts the enemy in a bind and that's the point of the pick.

Just think of it like proxy singed, but not as extreme.

Mord might have been a bad example for competitive play, but the whole shove and out roam logic still applies.
Ceph23

PyaKura wrote:

Bronze yo. Didn't even bother finishing my series to Silver but I don't give a damn about that lol.
Same here. Screw dem ranks. I play for the lulz
Vuelo Eluko

SoG Tava wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

lcs soon hype

I hope Alliance will atleast grab 1 win ;s they are vs Roccat will be hard they have done a verry good job the past 2 days
huhu
scottyyy
Just gonna add to the locked camera discussion by mentioning that since I started holding space almost constantly (probably like 90% of the game these days), my mechanical skill on AD improved tenfold. I consider myself to have high diamond level AD carry mechanics mostly because of the consistency locked camera gave me. I started doing it because that's how Doubelift plays and I copied. :p
OzzyOzrock

Ceph23 wrote:

PyaKura wrote:

Same here. Screw dem ranks. I play for the lulz
I tried to play ranked, just to be one of the cool kids, it took me two games to find trolls. No thank you.
TKiller
I ended it with a huge losing streak, dropping from plat 1 and finishing at plat 2 100 points.

Well, let's see how it goes. First game of the season I got top lane Janna with 122 cs by 30 minutes but we won it.

Been questioning myself why do I even play solo lanes if my winrate in jungle is a lot higher. Maybe I just can't enjoy it.
Justykanna

TKiller wrote:

I ended it with a huge losing streak, dropping from plat 1 and finishing at plat 2 100 points.

Well, let's see how it goes. First game of the season I got top lane Janna with 122 cs by 30 minutes but we won it.

Been questioning myself why do I even play solo lanes if my winrate in jungle is a lot higher. Maybe I just can't enjoy it.
My win rates last season didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
Went 10-12 supporting (which is my worst role) and 10-5 ADCing (which is my second worst role). Shrug.
Ceph23
Lesson here is to just enjoy the game. It's not that hard.
Sapphiire_old_1
After 2 seasons played , i hope this will finaly be the season where i get out of bronze , my goal will be Gold i want dem Gold
maal
i hope i hit bronze

ples
SiFly_old
All those hypes about Warwick being played in LCS.

Everyone knows darien only picks him because his ult does 420 damage.
Arinisar
I want to see through teamfights and react accordingly. (I'm hugely surprised that I almost made gold in S3 without understanding most of what is happening during teamfights.)
Anyone had similar problems? I'm really curious. Not really sure how to improve...playing seems a bit ineffective. Isn't there anything better?
psKirika
Challenger / diamond 1 is my goal for s4. Doubt I'll reach so far, cuz I have so much school atm.
TKiller
5 wins - 5 losses

Silver fucking one.

Father, why have you forsaken me.

This is going to be a long week.

A long, long week.
BrokenArrow
1 - 1 so far.
First game made me want to hurt myself, like, really badly. Second game went okay, even though I had a bunch of incompetent idiots on my team. Oh well, this is gonna be a fun weekend.
Seph

idk what happened but im not complaining

everyone dc'd and im left playing the game lmao0o0o

before everyone goes wtf is that build i just made it to push faster ok sincei m the only one left
ItsukiKun
Connectivity issues. That's something that's probably never going to leave LoLPH.
Sapphiire_old_1
got 5-5 and i am bronze 4 wtf nty fuck this game not a 3th year of bronze fuck it
Sapphiire_old_1
guees ill go back to wow again
BrokenArrow
3rd*
Vuelo Eluko
expect to be placed really low guys, i made a thread on the LoL forums explaining why its happening to everyon

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/bo ... ?t=4200472
Vulf
A lot of people don't seem to understand the point of a reset or any reset.
Glass
Is LoLNexus's team MMR stat a reliable indication of MMR? I played one game and both teams averaged about 1650 MMR, I was Plat 5 before this new season so I thought it should've put me somewhere around 1500 no? I just checked the stats again and it seems like people who were in my match are now +/-50 MMR.

Anyway I think I'll wait a big for the system to settle down first, I played one placement and everyone were such raging little shits that run their mouth EVERY time something bad happens, people were literally calling GG when the scores were 2-4, we ended up winning and the enemy team of course talked shit to each other in post-game chat.
psKirika

SoG Tava wrote:

guees ill go back to wow again
It's the game's fault you're... not able to climb?...?

Glass wrote:

Is LoLNexus's team MMR stat a reliable indication of MMR? I played one game and both teams averaged about 1650 MMR, I was Plat 5 before this new season so I thought it should've put me somewhere around 1500 no? I just checked the stats again and it seems like people who were in my match are now +/-50 MMR.

Anyway I think I'll wait a big for the system to settle down first, I played one placement and everyone were such raging little shits that run their mouth EVERY time something bad happens, people were literally calling GG when the scores were 2-4, we ended up winning and the enemy team of course talked shit to each other in post-game chat.
No site's mmr checker is 100 % reliable. They all base upon your last played games etc. etc.

If you play against ragers, don't reply or say anything. You'll just pull yourself down.
Glass

psKirika wrote:

No site's mmr checker is 100 % reliable. They all base upon your last played games etc. etc.

If you play against ragers, don't reply or say anything. You'll just pull yourself down.
I know that, I barely even use my chat, but my teammates just wouldn't shut the fuck up so I wouldn't wanna take a chance at playing another game where people spent more time typing than playing, at least not for a few days until the ragers drop to where they belong.
Sapphiire_old_1

psKirika wrote:

no ofcourse not but some times i just dont get it after 3 years played i am still bronze ok maybe its just because i belong there but there are people who are alot worse then me and yet they are gold and thats what makes me angry
Snepif

SoG Tava wrote:

psKirika wrote:

no ofcourse not but some times i just dont get it after 3 years played i am still bronze ok maybe its just because i belong there but there are people who are alot worse then me and yet they are gold and thats what makes me angry
You are bronze because you think that way. You look at others. You don't look at yourself. The moment you start looking at yourself and recognizing your own mistakes, and trying to improve instead of thinking you are already good and all that, you will climb a lot. Bronze is incredibly easy and you don't even need to be really good to climb out of it, you only need the right mentality and gotta be willing to learn and improve!
psKirika

Snepif wrote:

You are bronze because you think that way. You look at others. You don't look at yourself. The moment you start looking at yourself and recognizing your own mistakes, and trying to improve instead of thinking you are already good and all that, you will climb a lot. Bronze is incredibly easy and you don't even need to be really good to climb out of it, you only need the right mentality and gotta be willing to learn and improve!
All hail Snep
GeeNX
Best start of the season 4 feat. EUW

To be honest, I dont know why I expected something else XD
Sapphiire_old_1

Snepif wrote:

i guess u are right got anny tips for improving ? cause i want to get better believe me
idkhowtoclick

SoG Tava wrote:

i guess u are right got anny tips for improving ? cause i want to get better believe me
after every death, lost teamfight, trade, etc. think about what went wrong? what could you have done better? Now yes, some games you just can't win because of that 8/0 draven at 6 minutes. It's about what you make of having a bad game, are you trying your hardest to win?
and every time you hit that enter to open up the chat, think if what you are going to say is going to help you win the game.
psKirika

idkhowtoclick wrote:

SoG Tava wrote:

after every death, lost teamfight, trade, etc. think about what went wrong? what could you have done better? Now yes, some games you just can't win because of that 8/0 draven at 6 minutes. It's about what you make of having a bad game, are you trying your hardest to win?
and every time you hit that enter to open up the chat, think if what you are going to say is going to help you win the game.
Not only after every death, lost timefight etc. Always. Even if you're winning. Ex. How could I have won easier, should I have gone a different item for more dmg, etc.

Also, do not make excuses. For example, don't think like this: "It was indeed my fault I died, but it doesn't really matter since we're losing anyways".
show more