forum

League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vulf
I highly doubt you would if someone in your ranked game did something like that. How would you feel if you lost? Would you still feel the same way?

As I said winning does not make that ok. His case was reviewed by Riot and they pretty much said "Playing itemless is not a build" and stated something along the lines of this "If you all agreed to it then it's fine, but in the end this is a form of griefing" following with them throwing around the work "jerk" a few times lol. Take that as you will.

So in other words and I've went over this in this thread a long time ago you can actually get banned for building stupid shit if you get reported enough.

Edit: Going to see if i can find this thread or at least Riots official statement on playing against the meta, item builds etc..
Kanye West
Playing without items isn't playing to win.

You're going to lose in a fight to anyone with even one doran's. Which isn't playing to win.

Even if you play with some derp build like AP Caitlyn, you are building items which means you are playing to win.
Vulf
Here is a funny little thing from Riot Support. I'm sure I posted this here before.
http://i.imgur.com/bbjKP.jpg

reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends ... _the_meta/

TL;DR: Riot doesn't specifically say they enforce the meta, but playing against the meta when four other people on your team say no will get you banned. It's called refusing to communicate with your team.

I've already gotten a temp ban for this btw so they aren't messing around lol.
La Volpe
The bananas were too much for him and yes I know i'm a Soraka tryhard.
Justykanna

Vulf wrote:

Outta curiosity, what for? Roam Annie?

Vulf wrote:

Here is a funny little thing from Riot Support. I'm sure I posted this here before.
I find it funny that one of the things he/she lists is Support Fiddlesticks without support items. I see people go 'support' all the time without support items... (Tryndamere, Lux, Annie in the last two to three months).
Tshemmp
I don't care if you go AD LeBlanc jungle, especially if it is working (and obviously itemless Vlad seems to be working). For me reporting someone for this is just being bitter about your loss and trying to shift the blame. Reporting is for people with bad manners and not for people who play "bad" or "against the meta", at least in my opinion.
BrokenArrow
That's what the mute button is for. I don't care what kind of assholes I'm playing with, as long as they do their job correctly I'm fine with that. But if they feel the need to troll (i.e. not buying items) that's a reason for me to report someone because that means they're not even trying to win.
Vulf

Tshemmp wrote:

I don't care if you go AD LeBlanc jungle, especially if it is working (and obviously itemless Vlad seems to be working). For me reporting someone for this is just being bitter about your loss and trying to shift the blame. Reporting is for people with bad manners and not for people who play "bad" or "against the meta", at least in my opinion.

So you out of about 100 or even 10,000 people may feel that way. It's just a game? Personally I would see it as trolling if I saw someone go itemless purposely with no context, and you bet your ass I would report him just to spare others from having to deal with that. It's like saying I'm going to be a complete douche in every game, but it's okay because I'm trying to prove a point and I'm also winning games. =\

Point = Winning games does not make you immune to punishment for acting like a dick or doing stupid shit like going itemless.

@justykanna

Roam Annie was a few games yes, but it was multiple games probably about 10 or so which is why i got banned. Doing something like this in one game won't get you banned.

That screen was taken may of 2012 before fiddle support was a common pick. This just proves that riot does indeed enforce the meta. They just don't want to say they do officially.

Edit: Just to clarify I'm against riot ever trying to enforce the meta It's stupid. My last 10-15 games on Summoners Rift have been support Warwick which is definitely not a standard support pick. Thing is I do it mostly in premades and in solo queue I ask my team if it's okay if I play it. If not I'll play taric instead no big deal at all.
Bakano

I don't know what to say.

Not AI game, can screenie match history to prove if needed lolol.
tyrael6192
idk man even an itemlesss vlad can still give his team a 12% damage amp

so long as you don't die 24/7 you're still contributing something ;D
Ceph23

Bakano wrote:

I'd love to see that thing crit when you hit with spellblade. Would probably go to about something like 2k plus damage.
Bakano
One hit'd 1.8k HP LB(100 armor) without my E. It was a crit plus I had ult on(prolly stacked up to 360 ad only, so not much).

On wraith camp.. 2.2k(crit) on the big wraith
Kanye West

Justykanna wrote:

Vulf wrote:

Outta curiosity, what for? Roam Annie?

Vulf wrote:

I find it funny that one of the things he/she lists is Support Fiddlesticks without support items. I see people go 'support' all the time without support items... (Tryndamere, Lux, Annie in the last two to three months).
Doesn't work above bronze lol. Other team will have complete vision control and can get picks and free objectives while you are pretty much blind when they sweep all your trinket wards and you never have dragon or baron warded
Justykanna

BrokenArrow wrote:

That's what the mute button is for.
Some people really should use it more than they do. I mean, I've seen teams argue a LOT... simple solution: mute!

Bakano wrote:

1000? Wow. Very nice. I had like... 550 at most one game (the time I got a penta... xD)

Vulf wrote:

Edit: Just to clarify I'm against riot ever trying to enforce the meta It's stupid. My last 10-15 games on Summoners Rift have been support Warwick which is definitely not a standard support pick. Thing is I do it mostly in premades and in solo queue I ask my team if it's okay if I play it. If not I'll play taric instead no big deal at all.
I like that. Some people just make their own support picks without asking...

Kanye West wrote:

Doesn't work above bronze lol. Other team will have complete vision control and can get picks and free objectives while you are pretty much blind when they sweep all your trinket wards and you never have dragon or baron warded
Most of those times, it didn't even work lol. I think some people just don't learn to support / get a support champion.
tyrael6192
that clg vs atn game hahahahahah so good
BrokenArrow
dat explosive cast doe
Kanye West
Beer OP
BrokenArrow
Holy shit why does Kev1n look so fucking angry all the time
it looks like he's about to kill someone
tyrael6192
i haven't seen dexter change his facial expression for the past 2 hours

also jree has been really sick with the flays and the ults these past two games
Kanye West
Jree played really really well, on-point with Leona and the flays too

At the same time aphromoo wasn't that great, he had no impact on the game at all in the 2nd game

And doublelift is still the best decision maker NA kappa
tyrael6192
kerp confirmed to be faker

also woo go EG krepo has been playing so so well. not just krepo either, the whole team has been playing in such a coordinated and decisive way wow

"pobelter is overrated" - arthelon talks shit gets hit
Kanye West
Pobelter played like a god, the team synergy was so good too holy shit

Looking forward to watching this team in LCS. I think they're top 4 for sure. Definitely better than dig, crs, and clg.
SiFly_old

tyrael6192 wrote:

kerp confirmed to be faker

also woo go EG krepo has been playing so so well. not just krepo either, the whole team has been playing in such a coordinated and decisive way wow

"pobelter is overrated" - arthelon talks shit gets hit
Krepo main weakness though is him trying too hard to get those picks and plays, which can be easily baited in mistakes or counterganks. And he often finds himself in bad situations. Though it seems NA doesn't abuse this weakness yet.
tyrael6192
it's certainly fun to watch though

also this is cute as hell im gonna die

Stefan

╭( ・ㅂ・)و
Vulf
Warwick got picked top in bota lol. Whelp FoTM incoming followed by a nerf.

Rework needs to happen now!
maal

Vulf wrote:

cuz jungle karma was a big hit
Nofool

Vulf wrote:

gambit picked amumu supp and shyvana ap right ? I saw rabadon on shyvana but maybe darien was just trolling at the end õ_o
Vulf
Won't take much. Last time Warwick was FoTM actually FoTW because he was nerfed almost immediately. He does a lot of things riot hates and thats why he has been kept in a shitty spot for so long, but since riot likes to nerf nerf nerf nerf it eventually will get to the point people start spamming him as an immovable rock top again. Nerf cycle OP.
Ceph23
Such is the fate of all MOBA
Vulf
Is it? I haven't really played much dota 2 since the cb almost 2 years ago, but I have been playing a lot of Smite lately and there isn't much nerfs compared to kit reworks and buffs. Then again it's still in beta until march 2014.

All a nerf cycle really does is make the game stale over time look at league for example. There is a difference between a champion being strong and broken, but it seems people don't know the difference. If something is strong just buff the weaker stuff so it can compete.

At this point I would much rather everything be OP because at least then it will get to the point you would have to outplay your opponent to win instead of winning because the champion you picked is better than 90% of the other champions in that same role.
Ceph23
I've been playing both DOTA ang LOL for along time now and both has had some extreme nerfs over the years. (Don't know about HON though since I don't play it) Only thing is League's nerfs affects the game heavily because of it's simplicity. When nerfs are done in DOTA or DOTA 2 it Isn't much of a big deal since there are tons of ways to counter said nerf. But I do agree that Riot nerfs and overpowers champs too often. They should take a lesson from Icefrog and balance champs as best as they can and not keep rotating OPs and Nefrs.

Edit: also Dota 2 has also used the "nerf one guy and buff the other" tactic (I.E. Alchemist ult nerf and blood seeker movement speed exeeding max buff in the same patch).
Seems both MOBA tycoons use this tactic. We may not understand it but there is probably a reason to why they do this.
Vulf
I agree.

It's easier to nerf something than it is to buff unfortunately. If something falls to the depths after a nerf it's better for the game as opposed to the opposite as long as it's in small doses, but that's not the case in league since this is the product of years of nerfs with minimal buffs to the weaker champs that have been weak for a very long time. I honestly think Riot is getting lazy with things. They use the "lack of resources" excuse way too much it's quite funny actually since that was their main excuse with the no winter summoners rift. Then some guy makes a custom winter map in about a week http://yurixyworks.com/category/game-mo ... oner-rift/. They throw so much into the esports scene that it's starting to screw over some of it's players. It's just sad.

I've delved into icefrogs work and I don't know why this guy gets so much hate for his work. He is single handily doing a much better job than the balance team at Riot currently.
- O n i -
oh hi ezreal
Kanye West
So, NA > EU Kappa
silmarilen

Kanye West wrote:

So, NA > EU Kappa
NA challenger is EU bronze V
Tshemmp

Ceph23 wrote:

I've been playing both DOTA ang LOL for along time now and both has had some extreme nerfs over the years. (Don't know about HON though since I don't play it) Only thing is League's nerfs affects the game heavily because of it's simplicity. When nerfs are done in DOTA or DOTA 2 it Isn't much of a big deal since there are tons of ways to counter said nerf. But I do agree that Riot nerfs and overpowers champs too often. They should take a lesson from Icefrog and balance champs as best as they can and not keep rotating OPs and Nefrs.

Edit: also Dota 2 has also used the "nerf one guy and buff the other" tactic (I.E. Alchemist ult nerf and blood seeker movement speed exeeding max buff in the same patch).
Seems both MOBA tycoons use this tactic. We may not understand it but there is probably a reason to why they do this.
I have to say nerfing in Dota is nowhere near the level of LoL. Here is a summary of all balancing changes to Dota heroes over the past few years http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1349921 buffs are green, nerfs are pink. As you can see there are WAY more buffs than nerfs.
SiFly_old

Kanye West wrote:

So, NA > EU Kappa
C9 played well, Fnatic was not even close to the level they played at last split and at worlds. Sad to see, cyanide says a part is having Rekkles now which doesn't play TF carries like Puszu and forces him to make early plays. In my opinion xpeke doesn't shine anymore and gets so much behind every time in lane, in combination with some questionable team setups.

Think this tournament mainly showed how much EU is stronger in general and how NA mainly consists out of TSM and C9. Vulcun didn't really look promising and played really sloppy.

I hope LD does fine this LCS split, I think they can do decently and only being together for 2 weeks allowed TSM to stomp them, though they played the 2nd game not too bad.
maal
eu is shit
na is shit
we're all shit

korea is the shit
Sapphiire_old_1

maal wrote:

eu is shit
na is shit
we're all shit

korea is the shit
+1