forum

League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
show more
Blaziken

Facing platinum players (Vi) in normals suck.
I really hope it doesn't happen again as I didn't know how to tackle the situation.
Justykanna

Blaziken wrote:

I really hope it doesn't happen again as I didn't know how to tackle the situation.
I know that feeling. >_>
psKirika

Blaziken wrote:

Just play them like anyone else. They might be better, but in the end we're just humans and definitively not "mystic immortal godly creatures". Plus, take it positively, you'll usually learn more if you face good players.
Sapphiire_old_1
played with a diamond 1 player on normals yesterday i thought oh fun free win , but no he picked teemo and played as ward --'
Blaziken
I started the game thinking "oh, the guy probably paid for the account. They aint shi-" 5 man invade. Stole red. Given first blood.

Not sure if want.
Justykanna

Blaziken wrote:

I started the game thinking "oh, the guy probably paid for the account. They aint shi-" 5 man invade. Stole red. Given first blood.

Not sure if want.
I hate invading so much. Biggest annoyance whenever I'm jungling, ever. -_-

Also, yeah, putting a plat against a bunch of bronzes (which three of your teammates were) makes no sense. I don't care if the MMRs are balanced, there's such thing as common sense. =/
Vulf

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

The League community can be really disgusting sometimes. Why do people throw reports around so easily? They're trying to get each other banned!
I rarely report people, but when people on the enemy team start spamming all chat with "report X for verbal harassment" it makes me facepalm because how am I supposed to know that they are verbally abusing them? That Orianna in that game was an awful person. That Caitlyn could have been too, but she never said anything in all chat so I didn't report her.

tyrael6192 wrote:

I don't actually play her, i'm just making the general case that skillshots are more fun than suppression
Doesn't matter if it's more fun or not because at the same time it's just as frustrating if not more for others. You got to take into consideration of whats better for the game. Broken over powered champions are fun for people too and that is definitely not an excuse for them to stay that way.

In the end I would much rather deal with a point and click ability that has a 60 second CD than a piece of shit spear or bind being spammed at me constantly. You can't dodge forever. Skill shots can be just as toxic to the game as point and clicks can.
Justykanna

Vulf wrote:

I rarely report people, but when people on the enemy team start spamming all chat with "report X for verbal harassment" it makes me facepalm because how am I supposed to know that they are verbally abusing them? That Orianna in that game was an awful person. That Caitlyn could have been too, but she never said anything in all chat so I didn't report her.
Heh, I just keep all chat off. Most of what I used to see in all chat is nonsense anyway.
Sapphiire_old_1

Justykanna wrote:

Heh, I just keep all chat off. Most of what I used to see in all chat is nonsense anyway.
Agreed
Blaziken

Justykanna wrote:

Vulf wrote:

You can do that?
Sapphiire_old_1

Blaziken wrote:

You can do that?
Of course just take a quick look at the options and u will find it
Vulf
They changed it to be off by default over a year ago. I guess they changed it again.
Sapphiire_old_1

Vulf wrote:

They changed it to be off by default over a year ago. I guess they changed it again.
actually they dident change it its still off by default
Lyubey
I just found out how annoying Teemo can be... *Screams*
Justykanna

Blaziken wrote:

You can do that?
I'll screenshot it next time I'm on.

Edit:
There ya go. Options -> Interface -> Second section from the bottom: "Show [All] Chat".

Vulf wrote:

Since I've been playing - which was October of last year - it was defaulted to be off.

Louis13 wrote:

I just found out how annoying Teemo can be... *Screams*
He's always been annoying. Auto attacks you once and a quarter of your health goes away. It's dumb.
Vulf
The amount of well deserved nerfs on the PBE atm makes me so happy.

I like how they are basically slowly reverting Nasus back to where he was before they massively buffed him.
Justykanna

Vulf wrote:

I like how they are basically slowly reverting Nasus back to where he was before they massively buffed him.
When did they buff him? They nerf his passive again or something?

As a top laner, I'm to be hearing that though. Impossible to make trade with this dude unless you wait until he ooms... -_- And even then...
Vulf
Aside from some large indirect buffs through items etc.. he got a pretty large buff around when season 3 started. Lowering the mana cost on his Q to 20 at all levels, reduced mana cost on his ult along with increased AA range and 100 extra cast range on his abilities, and lets not forget the double damage bonus he gets from killing champions, large minions and monsters from Q.

If nasus is going oom in lane he is bad. You would have to be spamming your E off CD for that to happen. He is a pretty brain dead easy champion to play atm. Good early game, great mid, and infinite scaling into late game. There is no stopping him really since everything that beat him to the point of uselessness in lane got nerfed too hard.

PBE for recent nerfs. http://www.reignofgaming.net/
Justykanna

Vulf wrote:

If nasus is going oom in lane he is bad. You would have to be spamming your E off CD for that to happen. He is a pretty brain dead easy champion to play atm. Good early game, great mid, and infinite scaling into late game. There is no stopping him really since everything that beat him to the point of uselessness in lane got nerfed too hard.
I was told letting him oom is the only way to win trades. Just passing along words, I dunno if it's actually true.
I actually find him difficult to use. All you have to do is be aggressive whenever he farms and you melt. So I stopped using him since that's how I kept getting fought. Except I do the same thing and die. -_-
Vulf
If you are dying early as nasus you are doing something very very wrong. There is only 2 top laners that can really push him out of lane at the level 2 mark and that is Riven and Jax, but the problem is they can't keep doing that because all nasus has to do is get resist and he is immovable due to his passive. He is pretty much the same as the old Warwick, but doesn't have to rely on mana as much and scales infinitely into late game. Oh and he can farm easily under his turret so not even shoving him in is an option.

All this current nerf really does is make him more kitable late game which is not the direction they need to go with this champion. His early game is the issue.
tyrael6192

Vulf wrote:

Doesn't matter if it's more fun or not because at the same time it's just as frustrating if not more for others. You got to take into consideration of whats better for the game. Broken over powered champions are fun for people too and that is definitely not an excuse for them to stay that way.
games are made to have fun right? they aren't purely a battleground for the demonstration of mechanical skill. in fact, if they were, point and click suppression wouldn't exist. it has no place because it doesn't require or showcase mechanical skill to either use or avoid. at the same time i would argue that being ulted by warwick is more frustrating than having to dodge a spear because yes, you can dodge a spear and yes, you can do it consistently. using the term "forever" is null because yeah, occasionally you might get hit by a spear; but if you couldn't then it would be a null skill with 0 fun value for the enemy. still, it isn't an aimbot, and if you play the lane with your brain turned on you can avoid 100% of her spear damage.

the balance for frustration caused versus fun created is on my mind too, don't you worry; but you seem to have forgotten that getting suppressed while the enemy team pounds on you is one of the most frustrating things in the game, and something with 0 counterplay if you're behind and can't afford qss or you're not at that point of the game yet or maybe you have it but it's on cooldown. this being the case, the little counterplay that there is is very circumstantial and relies on factors outside of your own mechanical skill. your team has to set itself back just short of 8k gold in order to ensure that everyone has a means of avoiding his ult, and that's not fun nor satisfying
Vulf
Supression has no counterplay when you are behind? Are you joking? A breeze of the wind cancels warwick ult and then he dies because he is in the middle of 5 people. Even if it gets to the point a Warwick 1v5's your team you deserved to lose because you would have had to play like a dumb fuck for him to get to that level. Warwick has no early game at all thats his counter play. Even with his ult being simple it still requires knowledge of the game to use or else it would get you and your team killed for improper use.

Most of what you stated is purely opinion based, because I can say pretty much the same about skill shots.

Edit: If you watched any Korean tournies you would see that one landed Nidalee spear pretty much decided the team fight. Yep that's totally fun to play against. :)
tyrael6192
note that i'm not specifically advocating the nidalee spear in its current state with its current numbers. i do think it's ridiculous and on the off chance that you land one accidentally and significantly alter the outcome of a teamfight, it isn't fair or fun. but i still maintain the same argument regarding the mechanics of such skillshots in general.

also the majority of the playerbase doesn't have to face aimbot koreans but that's a minor and slightly racist point.
Vulf
I get what you are saying and I agree with some of it.

Comparing skill shots to a point in click in terms of out play potential and whats more fun to watch it's obvious skill shots will come out on top and that's fine. I'm just saying they can't be immune to balance decisions because they don't land 100% of the time. That just encourages some pretty heavy powercreep down the road.
Sapphiire_old_1
Wickd explaining why u should build trinity force on malphite :

First of all let's go over the usefullness of Trinity Force's stats.
30 Ability power.

In my opinion this is not very usefull due to Malphite's low AP Ratios which is also why you see AP Malphites go for a lot of magic penetration.

+30 Attack Damage
I don't see how this isn't usefull on Malphite with him having one of the best AD steriods in the entire game. +62% AD from his W is insane.

+30% attack speed
I don't see how that's any worse than on for example Irelia and she's known for buying Trinity Force. +30% attack speed combined with a 62% AD steriod yes please!

+10% Crit chanceThis is probably one of the best stats on him due to having the highest Attack Damage in the game from Trinity force alone.

+Health, Mana and movement speed are always good stats unless you're a manaless champion so let's not talk too much about those.
Trinity Force Passive.

So yes you are totally right that it's not the greatest passive in the game if you spam your abilities all at once, but who says you need to do that? I believe you can easily use r e w and then q to get 2 sheen procs which is still huge in a teamfight.
Overall I would say Trinity Force is extremely good on Malphite, but the main problem is his weak laning phase and that the components building into Trinity Force aren't that strong, but once you finish it he's a beast.
Justykanna

Vulf wrote:

If you are dying early as nasus you are doing something very very wrong.
Probably. There's a reason I stopped using him. He's not exactly my top champion of choice anyway.
I'd be nice if the only solution to making trades wasn't 'wait for him to go oom' though... Like you said, he shouldn't ooming.
And I don't play Jax or Riven. xD
Ceph23
On to the next underused champ. Skarner.
I actually like playing this guy. Sure the ult has a lot of limitations (like having to walk straight through the enemy team to get that high-priority target) and he hardly does any damage, this guy can just punish a person who isn't paying attention.
I'm pretty sure there is someone out there who can play this guy well. 'cause I sure as hell can't.
Bakano

Ceph23 wrote:

I actually like playing this guy. Sure the ult has a lot of limitations (like having to walk straight through the enemy team to get that high-priority target) and he hardly does any damage, this guy can just punish a person who isn't paying attention.
I'm pretty sure there is someone out there who can play this guy well. 'cause I sure as hell can't.
I cry every time I play Akali and then there's a Skarner pick.

I no longer have a fun time dashing to enemies and killing them. Instead, I get ult'd and killed.

:(
Sapphiire_old_1

Ceph23 wrote:

Skarner scales well off of nearly every stat in the game, and attack speed can be roughly translated to CDR for him as well. Is it more worthwhile to build full tank and CDR, so that you can spam your perma-slow all throughout a teamfight, or to build more of a tanky DPS role, with items like Wit's End and Iceborne Gauntlet to do good damage and still remain relatively tanky?
Skarner was used during season 2, but fell off steeply later, which most attribute to the nerf to his ult. The nerf was for the occasion where an enemy would blink or dash during the cast time of his ultimate, and instead of escaping they would be dragged right back into Skarner, and their blink would be on cooldown. Now that he is never used competitively, do you think reverting the nerf would bring him back?
With Skarner's rework revealed, more emphasis is being put on his E, becoming his new slow, while his attack speed buff has been moved onto his Q from his shield.
Ceph23

SoG Tava wrote:

Skarner scales well off of nearly every stat in the game, and attack speed can be roughly translated to CDR for him as well. Is it more worthwhile to build full tank and CDR, so that you can spam your perma-slow all throughout a teamfight, or to build more of a tanky DPS role, with items like Wit's End and Iceborne Gauntlet to do good damage and still remain relatively tanky?
Skarner was used during season 2, but fell off steeply later, which most attribute to the nerf to his ult. The nerf was for the occasion where an enemy would blink or dash during the cast time of his ultimate, and instead of escaping they would be dragged right back into Skarner, and their blink would be on cooldown. Now that he is never used competitively, do you think reverting the nerf would bring him back?
With Skarner's rework revealed, more emphasis is being put on his E, becoming his new slow, while his attack speed buff has been moved onto his Q from his shield.
I don't think reverting the nerf will bring him back. These new champs just offers up so much more than him. Though I do still find him enjoyable to play. And that's what really matters :D
Sapphiire_old_1

SoG Tava wrote:

I don't think reverting the nerf will bring him back
This what CloudTemlar says about skarner : From my point of view… Basically, if you ask me, I don’t care about anything else except this. If they just revert the nerf on his ultimate, I’ll immediately play him in tournaments. Those nerfs were rather too much. Yes, stats actually don’t have that big of a meaning.

Sure u can have your opinions but if a Korean Pro player say somthing about a champ u can be sure he is damn right
Vulf
Skarner is another good example of how stupid powercreep is in League.

I personally think he is fine how he is. The big problem is that he currently suffers from what jungle Warwick suffers from and that is the way the jungle mechanics have changed over time. He was good in season 2 because of how extremely fast he cleared the jungle and how potent his ganks were because you couldn't start wards and if you were slightly over extended you would either die from perma slow or burn a summoner.

Then season 3 jungle happened followed by Zac and Vi who do everything he wants to do.

Edit: They aren't going to bring back the whole ult flash mechanic because I'm pretty sure that was a bug to begin with and I find it very sad people were playing him only to abuse that mechanic. What they should have done was make skarners ult briefly root the target so they can't flash. This way the target isn't screwed out of a summoner because of some coding bug.
Ceph23
Damn it. Now I feel like playing skarner.
Sapphiire_old_1

Ceph23 wrote:

Damn it. Now I feel like playing skarner.
What are u waiting for ? :P
maal
wow do you guys think i want to read all this jesus fuck
BrokenArrow
Alright I'm officially gonna main Kha jungle. I thought I just had lucky games but it seems like I really am god after all.

Ceph23

BrokenArrow wrote:

Alright I'm officially gonna main Kha jungle. I thought I just had lucky games but it seems like I really am god after all.

I've never had a bad game as jugle kha'zix, I don'think enyone does, but I still do lose.
I think zix is one of those really amazing cahmpions to play. Also very enjoyable.
Heather
Cyclohexane

help how do I carry
tyrael6192
what how did they even win that

???
/??????????
show more