forum

League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kanye West

Vulf wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

Vayne is still really strong despite the nerfs. Only reason she's tier 2 in competitive play is her bad laning.

Needs to stay that way. If you have a ridiculously strong late game your laning phase or early game shouldn't be good. This is currently the issue with Nasus since pretty much everything that wrecked him in lane was nerfed into the ground.
I agree. But I think the opposite should be true as well. If you have a strong earlygame, you shouldn't have a strong lategame. All these new ad carries are really badly designed by Riot imo. Jinx, Lucian and the new Sivir are way too strong early and midgame and still have a strong lategame

those wrote:

Twitch or Kog'maw should have higher potential than Vayne.
In terms of raw damage/AoE, sure. But I think Vayne still has the strongest all-around lategame because of high single target damage, mobility and self-peel.
Snepif
In my opinion the ADCs with the hardest skill caps are the ones who don't have mobility, so I disagree with Vayne having a high skillcap (you can basically spam Qs and Condemns and be relatively safe), whereas the likes of Ashe and Kog'Maw require WAAAAAY smarter positioning.
Fabi

SoG Tava wrote:

Damn those translations
"Master this"
Vulf

Kanye West wrote:

I agree. But I think the opposite should be true as well. If you have a strong earlygame, you shouldn't have a strong lategame. All these new ad carries are really badly designed by Riot imo. Jinx, Lucian and the new Sivir are way too strong early and midgame and still have a strong lategame.
Of course. Still pissed what they did to Leblanc, because I think she was fine where she was the big problem was that other assassins just did her job WAAAAAY better in the late game and that was fine. She is a very strong early game champion with some severe limitations late game and that was the trade off for picking her.

Another issue is riot is making champions that are good at all stages of the game (Elise for example) so they have no trade off and it severely powercreeps specific champs that would fill a certain role of being early/lategame specific. Having champions that are good at all stages of the game is okay essentially, but they shouldn't be as strong as a champion that is designed to shine at a specific time. I'm not a game designer (yet), but there is a lot of things that Riot does that just makes zero sense whatsoever.
Ceph23

Vulf wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

I agree. But I think the opposite should be true as well. If you have a strong earlygame, you shouldn't have a strong lategame. All these new ad carries are really badly designed by Riot imo. Jinx, Lucian and the new Sivir are way too strong early and midgame and still have a strong lategame.
Of course. Still pissed what they did to Leblanc, because I think she was fine where she was the big problem was that other assassins just did her job WAAAAAY better in the late game and that was fine. She is a very strong early game champion with some severe limitations late game and that was the trade off for picking her.

Another issue is riot is making champions that are good at all stages of the game (Elise for example) so they have no trade off and it severely powercreeps specific champs that would fill a certain role of being early/lategame specific. Having champions that are good at all stages of the game is okay essentially, but they shouldn't be as strong as a champion that is designed to shine at a specific time. I'm not a game designer (yet), but there is a lot of things that Riot does that just makes zero sense whatsoever.
Well we can't really expect Riot get get it right all the time.
Sapphiire_old_1
Easter Egg between Vayne and Lucian vayne quotes '' i smell black magic '' , Lucian quotes '' some call it magic ''

Riot = Racist ? :o
Vulf

Ceph23 wrote:

Except it's pretty much been champion after champion at this point. I am so glad riot will be slowing down the champion release rate to fix a lot of issues with the current ones and reworking the ones that have severe balance issues. Not saying Riot should be perfect but the past year has been really obnoxious lol.

The pre-season has been great so far definitely the most fun I've had on LoL in over a year. :)
psKirika
tbh Vayne is shat at the moment. Doesn't really matter that she has the best scaling, if she gets shat on in lane every high ranked game.
SiFly_old

Vulf wrote:

Ceph23 wrote:

Except it's pretty much been champion after champion at this point. I am so glad riot will be slowing down the champion release rate to fix a lot of issues with the current ones and reworking the ones that have severe balance issues. Not saying Riot should be perfect but the past year has been really obnoxious lol.

The pre-season has been great so far definitely the most fun I've had on LoL in over a year. :)
Keep in mind that this might actual not be an issue in their view. I think Riot is managing champions really carefully to make sure new ones reach the competitive scene continiously and keep it interesting and refreshing, while nerfing too often picked champs to make them played way less.

Some champs/kits have actual flaws indeed, but I think a big balancing thing is that Riot wants to rotate OP champs

Just watching OGN, thought I had a fancy lvl 1 strategy for first blood camping. Koreans immediatly steal it a week later ;(
BrokenArrow

That feel when you go to toilet during champion select, thinking you took smite even though you didn't

Well who needs smite to jungle anyways. Counterjungling is much more fun with ignite. :D
maal

i just played with wunderguy wow
Vulf

SiFly wrote:

Keep in mind that this might actual not be an issue in their view. I think Riot is managing champions really carefully to make sure new ones reach the competitive scene continiously and keep it interesting and refreshing, while nerfing too often picked champs to make them played way less.

Some champs/kits have actual flaws indeed, but I think a big balancing thing is that Riot wants to rotate OP champs

Just watching OGN, thought I had a fancy lvl 1 strategy for first blood camping. Koreans immediatly steal it a week later ;(
I don't think this is the case at all since top, jungle and support (kinda) almost all of season 3 was pretty much the same 3 (give or take 3 more different picks) champions being spammed every game. If your true goal is to have variety then this is definitely not the direction you should go.

In a perfect world you would want all your characters to be competitively viable if it is your goal to make this game an esport in which Riot does. Some will be weaker yes, but there should still be a reason to pick those specific champions through niches if possible. This is not the case anymore because newer stuff just does what older stuff does but better. Take Warwick for example he has essentially been remade about 4 times through Skarner, Vi, and Zac and even Aatrox to an extent. Not saying they are carbon copies, but a lot of elements are similar. There is absolutely 100% no reason to ever pick Warwick competitively over Vi or even Zac because they do everything he does but better (something would have to get severely gutted and I mean a giant nerf) it's called powercreep and it's starting to get ridiculous in this game. Then there is the mobility creep issue in which case riot does little to resolve this. How do players deal with this? By playing stuff that is just as mobile as their opponent because there is no trade off for being super mobile when you compare them to less mobile champions.

I'm not saying older stuff is obsolete because that's obviously not true, but you can't deny a lot of the older stuff has been powercreeped to hell and back. Fortunately Riot see's this, hence them slowing down new champion release in season 4 a lot to address this issue they let sit for so long.
Kanye West

SiFly wrote:

Except that every single new champion that they release is OP as fuck and makes old champs obsolete. Only a handful of old champions are competitively played anymore, because all the new releases are ridiculously broken
Justykanna
People seem to care who you use, without seeing the skill of the player first. It's a little ridiculous.
I mean, I'm not great, but I have more wins than losses with a handful of champions.

I mean, whose used competitively?
I actually asked a friend of mine a while ago and he said most of who I use on a regular basis never sees competitive pro play. Those would be Gangplank, Galio, Garen, Maokai and Kayle, as well as a few others.
Gangplank, in particular, the community seems to REALLY hate, but he's far and away my favourite champion. =/
Then there's Galio who completely walls off APCs. What's not to like?
Kanye West
I'll explain why all of those are bad.

Gangplank - high mana cost of skills, no hard cc, no mobility, crappy RNG ult. Almost every top laner is better than him.
Galio - needs flash to get good ults, no mobility. He's very situational in mid lane and gets shit on in top lane.
Garen - no cc, can potentially get kited. There are other top laners that do just as much damage as him. Why play Garen when you can play Renekton Rengar or Riven.
Maokai - high cooldowns, not a lategame threat because he has no damage. Why play Maokai when you can play Vi or J4.
Kayle - not a bad champion, but situational just like Galio. Needs to deal damage over time so needs a very specific team comp.

Basically, power creep and mobility creep are ridiculous
Justykanna

Kanye West wrote:

I'll explain why all of those are bad.

Gangplank - high mana cost of skills, no hard cc, no mobility, crappy RNG ult. Almost every top laner is better than him.
Galio - needs flash to get good ults, no mobility. He's very situational in mid lane and gets shit on in top lane.
Garen - no cc, can potentially get kited. There are other top laners that do just as much damage as him. Why play Garen when you can play Renekton Rengar or Riven.
Maokai - high cooldowns, not a lategame threat because he has no damage. Why play Maokai when you can play Vi or J4.
Kayle - not a bad champion, but situational just like Galio. Needs to deal damage over time so needs a very specific team comp.
Yeah but if you do well - and I'm not saying I am amazing with all five - why does it matter?
Pro players =/= who the community needs to use. If that were the case, why not just take them out of the game?

Gangplank can farm at a distance and has high natural movement speed.
Galio, like I said, walls off APCs. I don't use him top lane and I don't use him against AD champions, since I only play draft pick.
I love Garen's kit - a movement speed buff (for escape), defensive ability (Courage) and an ultimate that can burst without missing. Renekton doesn't fit my playing style AT ALL because I'm an incredibly passive player. He's more for aggressive players. Or so I've been told. Rengar has no escape unless you wanna pop his ultimate and Riven's too squishy for my purposes of a bruiser/tank.
Maokai just works well for me. He reduces damage teammates get, he can easily jump to an enemy without missing, and he's beefy. Vi and Jarvan IV are AD... I use Xin Zhao for AD jungling (I'm just gonna guess now that he's not used either).
Kayle's my mid because I dispise mages and she's all I really have for AP damage vs an AD.

Kanye West wrote:

Basically, power creep and mobility creep are ridiculous
Explain?
SiFly_old
Every champion that is picked nowadays has mobility in his/her kit.

Mid:
Ahri, Kassadin, Fizz, Gragas, Orianna, Zed, Kha'zix, Ziggs etc.

Marksmen:
Ezreal, Corki, Lucian, Sivir, Vayne (Graves, but no need to take him over others)
Sapphiire_old_1
Lucian jokes
Inb4 racism

Passive: Natural Athleticism: Dunks higher than Darius.

+1 gold from the pickpocket mastery

How to counter Lucian: black cleaver

Nocturne's ult makes him invisible

Ryze met lucian in a rune prison

Lucian's health potions are grape flavored.

Hidden passive: Lucian is immune to Tryndamere's chicken shout

Lucian stole my bike.
9/0/21. Get Weapon expertise, Nimble and Pickpocket

+15% movement speed when chasing Caitlyn
Nofool

SoG Tava wrote:

Lucian jokes
Inb4 racism

Passive: Natural Athleticism: Dunks higher than Darius.

+1 gold from the pickpocket mastery

How to counter Lucian: black cleaver

Nocturne's ult makes him invisible

Ryze met lucian in a rune prison

Lucian's health potions are grape flavored.

Hidden passive: Lucian is immune to Tryndamere's chicken shout

Lucian stole my bike.
9/0/21. Get Weapon expertise, Nimble and Pickpocket

+15% movement speed when chasing Caitlyn
xd

edit : what about karma ?
Sapphiire_old_1
- m i r a i
Dollhouse - Euw :-)
Sapphiire_old_1

- m i r a i wrote:

Dollhouse - Euw :-)

Post it here : http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/136144/start=120
Miyu

quinn so fun to play with xD
BrokenArrow
Quinn remains a top laner for me.. in my heart :v
Miyu

BrokenArrow wrote:

Yeah but i played her bot QQ
Sapphiire_old_1

Miyu wrote:

BrokenArrow wrote:

Yeah but i played her bot QQ

I also see here alot Mid recently
maal
quinn can basically any lane, and is in fact a pretty good adc, she just has a special kit.
Aoriki
...I saw Quinn as a jungler not too long ago. And that failed pretty hard.
Sapphiire_old_1
TL;DR:u can play Quinn top , mid and adc

No Jungle and supp
Miyu
i really like quinn QQ have to save up for her plus since she can do the lanes i enjoy playing.
BrokenArrow
3.15 patch notes are out, yay!
Riven is still broken, Taric got fixed and Fiddle fear duration has been nerfed. The small Lucian nerf was neccessary imo, Sivir got hit a bit too hard tho.
I still feel like the jungle needs more work, but overall it sounds like a first step in the right direction.
maal

SoG Tava wrote:

TL;DR:u can play Quinn top , mid and adc

No Jungle and supp
quinn can be jungled yes, her blind makes it viable.
Justykanna

SiFly wrote:

Every champion that is picked nowadays has mobility in his/her kit.

Mid:
Ahri, Kassadin, Fizz, Gragas, Orianna, Zed, Kha'zix, Ziggs etc.
I don't use any of those mids, lol.
I do like mobility for escape purposes though...

BrokenArrow wrote:

3.15 patch notes are out, yay!
Riven is still broken, Taric got fixed and Fiddle fear duration has been nerfed. The small Lucian nerf was neccessary imo, Sivir got hit a bit too hard tho.
I still feel like the jungle needs more work, but overall it sounds like a first step in the right direction.
I was wondering when they'd lower Fiddlestick's fear...
That Sivir one's gonna be hard on me, I'm overly dependent on those speed buffs. =s
Hika
i think all the quinn's that are my elo in bot lane were like really bad
like really really bad

guess you have to have a certain mindset to play her or something but i really like her ult
tyrael6192
quinn is a niche champ and from what i've seen you either do really well or really badly

having said that, she's a pretty good split pusher with her ult, and if you put her top she can essentially do a nidalee and harass you out of lane with autoattacks while getting 2x your farm
PyaKura

Hika wrote:

i think all the quinn's that are my elo in bot lane were like really bad
like really really bad

guess you have to have a certain mindset to play her or something but i really like her ult
Her ult is what is making me reluctant to play her in the botlane. I consider her like a top laner due to her gap-closing abilitie and short range compared to other carries (well Sivir and Graves have got the same range but I don't really like those two)
Kanye West
Lol enemy team picks quinn adc = free win, pick thresh or J4 and dunk her all day erryday
Cyclohexane

rip my favorite jungler
let's just fucking gut him again
Miyu

tyrael6192 wrote:

quinn is a niche champ and from what i've seen you either do really well or really badly

having said that, she's a pretty good split pusher with her ult, and if you put her top she can essentially do a nidalee and harass you out of lane with autoattacks while getting 2x your farm
im quite new to her but i have been doing decent just i don't get much her ult since everyone is talking about it
i usually use it for escaping or when it comes to these times of really really need to chase and hit but i didn't noticed much dmg when she's on her ult..
any advices and what not?
Nofool
it looks like everyone is thinking that quinn is op õ_o a lot of others adc are way stronger than her, bot or top... maybe you can outfarm the enemy toplaner (if he's bad...) but you'll still be useless in tf

Miyu wrote:

im quite new to her but i have been doing decent just i don't get much her ult since everyone is talking about it
i usually use it for escaping or when it comes to these times of really really need to chase and hit but i didn't noticed much dmg when she's on her ult..
any advices and what not?
use her ult to escape or chase if you can get a kill and survive. she's viable top in 1vs1 thanks to her ult i guess, bot too if the other botlane has no cc x) so use your ult to fight if you can (never in tf).
show more