forum

League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sapphiire_old_1

Vulf wrote:

SoG Tava wrote:

For the players that dont know what masteries to take after the changes this will help http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1r4lvi/season_4_mastery_survival_guide/

Note: there may be better options this is a basic to start with
Couple of those setups are kinda bad. That bruiser page made me cringe so hard.

Offensive tree is only really good if you invest a lot of points into it. Defensive tree is still OP. Utility tree is extremely good for supports maybe some junglers.

The double edge sword mastery is a noob trap. I would never run that on anything except maybe an extremely high burst assassin.
Yeah like i said it are just basic ideas ofcourse there a better ways :)
those

Still strong as ever
Vulf
If nothing gets severely nerfed during the pre-season 2-1-2 lanes will be meta and junglers won't exist. Not sure how I feel about this, but at least it's something new. :)
those
League of Targon
Kanye West
I think the whole Targon top thing is just a solo queue gimmick, won't be picked up in competitive play. Junglers bring too much to the game with regards to objective control and lane pressure.

If you run 2 top, then you don't have smite to secure objectives, or you take smite and it'll be useless for laning. You also lose dragon control and pressure on mid and bot lanes. It isn't really worth stomping toplane if midlane and botlane can play like the jungler doesn't exist.

The real reason Oddone and Xpecial won that first game was because they first blooded the enemy jungler and he was really behind. This effectively negated the early jungle pressure he would have brought and his mid and bot couldn't get ahead.
Vulf
You don't just sit top all laning phase. lol

You take your jungle buffs go top zone hard get your top laner ahead with the double targon w/e in gold and then roam and gank. It's very similar to the roaming style of season 1.
tyrael6192
it was weird as hell i played against a 2-1-2 as solo bot trist while we had double bruiser top

i don't know what's going on with this meta anymore
BrokenArrow

this is waaaay too fun
Soarezi

BrokenArrow wrote:

this is waaaay too fun
5x champs back?
BrokenArrow

Soarezi wrote:

5x champs back?

Looks like it (sorry for German client)
Soarezi

BrokenArrow wrote:

Soarezi wrote:

5x champs back?

Looks like it (sorry for German client)
WAAAAAAAT :DDDDD
Blaziken

I swear to god I hate this game.
It's never me playing good..
I can miss every skillshot and win because I get carried 24/7.
Justykanna
So I played a few normals today and my first match since 3.14 hit was with someone who wanted to duo-top lane.
The other two I had were just 1-1-2 then a jungler.

I really hope the game doesn't turn into 2-1-2. =/ Junglers add so much and... yeah... it's my second role...

Also, do supports change in how they build now? I know some supports have kits that encourage AP. Though I know Sona had some AP ratios reduced, Nami and Lulu had some AP in their kits. As a few examples anyway.
Vulf
Relic shield has already been nerfed on PBE. 2-1-2 will still be optional against some matchups but it's not going to be broken anymore.

I was excited for a new meta, but at the same time I don't think a role should be removed from viability even though the support changes pretty much removed about half of the support role champion pool from the game.
Navizel
so fun lawl
finally a somehow decent game

game way too long cause they push and we kill
Kanye West
The new jungle is still shit tier bad though.
those

Pretty fair
BrokenArrow
Oh god Syndra is by far the most broken champion in One For All.
Balls.. everywhere..

Rukario
Nofool
stupid mode really... if you'r countered you can just afk, there is no way to do something in summoner's rift to win if the other team take the advantage, the aram place is way better (lvl/gold/tf etc). I played 5 zed against 5 panth yesterday (I was in the zed's team), it was over after 5 minutes ,_,
SiFly_old
One thing that riot has done well is the initial matchmaking. I get directly placed with other plat players with an occasional diamond/gold player in my games, for all my 5 one for all games. This makes the games much more fun, gamemodes like aram in which you had to play 20 games going 18-2 or something to start getting more decent players was a terrible time and not too much fun involved vs players that don't understand the game that well.
Aoriki
I somewhat enjoy the new One for all rounds. It's kinda funny when someone decided to vote to use Lulu and we go against a full Lux team...yeeah, that didn't end pretty but I still enjoyed the laugh of turning people into cupcakes.
Rukario
Kanye West

Aoriki wrote:

I somewhat enjoy the new One for all rounds. It's kinda funny when someone decided to vote to use Lulu and we go against a full Lux team...yeeah, that didn't end pretty but I still enjoyed the laugh of turning people into cupcakes.
I don't really like 5 Lulu haha. But, it'd be pretty awesome if her ults stacked.
tyrael6192
mega-mega-mega-mega-mega-lulu
SiFly_old
Does Q still shoot from every pixie? In the previous 5x vs 5y mode Lulu was the most broken champion, since if someone planted pixie on an enemy you could just Q the enemy + enemies close 5 times every few seconds.
tiper

Well, Nau became stronger than he was before. Gonna test it on my main acc.
Top and mid lost their lanes so hard, botlane did not win so hard(~500-700g and one level advantage, but we were stronger at teamfighting, because enemy jungler was outfarmed(even if he was 3\0\1 at 10th) and outleveled.
Vulf
Sona, Nasus, and Shyvana were diamond 1 btw. Our Jinx was bronze 2. lol

Support Warwick was actually really fun. Kinda sad the relic shield line is going to get nerfed. :(
Justykanna

Vulf wrote:

Sona, Nasus, and Shyvana were diamond 1 btw. Our Jinx was bronze 2. lol

Support Warwick was actually really fun. Kinda sad the relic shield line is going to get nerfed. :(
Yeah, I'm Bronze and I've been getting matched up with Golds and a Plat every now and then...
'Least in ranked, I got to face high Bronzes and low Silvers at best.
Vulf
Well my normal MMR is pretty much diamond so I'm not surprised when I get matched against them. I just thought it was funny that a bronze 2 pretty much carried a bunch of golds/plats against a team that consisted of 3 diamond 1 players. lol

Then again it was a premade 5 blind pick game. =\
Justykanna

Vulf wrote:

Well my normal MMR is pretty much diamond so I'm not surprised when I get matched against them. I just thought it was funny that a bronze 2 pretty much carried a bunch of golds/plats against a team that consisted of 3 diamond 1 players. lol

Then again it was a premade 5 blind pick game. =\
Ah, I didn't notice that.
My normal MMR can't be gold-silver (or platinum) level though. =/ There's no way I'm that level in normals.
Did they change the way they match people in normals at all?

Heh, yeah, premade 5, that might explain it.

Edit:
Yeah... making no sense...
SiFly_old
Normal MMR is different than the ranked MMR. As you can see the ryze has 500 wins in normal games, 2000 ranked games played previous season. He might have started playing some normals and maybe was silver skill level. Afterwards he spammed 2k ranked games and improved to reach diamond (should be quite easy with 2k games..). His normal game MMR is still unchanged and at the old silver mmr skill level.
maal
and how can you even have "diamond normal mmr" hahahahaha that is the best joke i've ever heard
Vulf
The same way you do in ranked. By winning more games than you lose. duh.
Yes there is MMR for normals believe it or not. There has to be or else it would be way worse for players like Justykanna than it already is.

There is even a site that tells your teams average MMR during games and mine averages between high plat and diamond all the time.
http://quickfind.kassad.in/

SiFly is correct. Ranked MMR and normal MMR is not the same. They are working on a solution to this problem with being paired with gold/plat/diamonds who just troll in normals or just don't play normals enough to have a good MMR so you get matched with them this way as well. They want to make your MMR in normals go off your ranked MMR for the most part, but the problem is they don't want to punish people who rarely play ranked (like me). It's a little complicated so it probably won't be done anytime soon.
GeeNX

maal wrote:

and how can you even have "diamond normal mmr" hahahahaha that is the best joke i've ever heard
It's actually truth, but I believe that soloQ maybe it's in the formula of the "normal mmr" , but my friend had a smurf, unranked, and he got lv30 with much more wins than loses, and he got paired with high diamonds and even challengers playing normal games, and when he played with his other account , platinum one, he got matched with, like everything golds, silvers, and that stuff. I don't know if it's 100% , but well
SiFly_old

GeeNX wrote:

maal wrote:

It's actually truth, but I believe that soloQ maybe it's in the formula of the "normal mmr" , but my friend had a smurf, unranked, and he got lv30 with much more wins than loses, and he got paired with high diamonds and even challengers playing normal games, and when he played with his other account , platinum one, he got matched with, like everything golds, silvers, and that stuff. I don't know if it's 100% , but well
It kinda works like that with smurfs. Only when you hit lvl 30, you'll get matched with the other lvl 30 players. This means you can get quite easily get 80% winrate in normal games towards lvl 30 if you play your normal champs.
GeeNX

GG, the final will be amazing
Justykanna

Vulf wrote:

SiFly is correct. Ranked MMR and normal MMR is not the same. They are working on a solution to this problem with being paired with gold/plat/diamonds who just troll in normals or just don't play normals enough to have a good MMR so you get matched with them this way as well. They want to make your MMR in normals go off your ranked MMR for the most part, but the problem is they don't want to punish people who rarely play ranked (like me). It's a little complicated so it probably won't be done anytime soon.
Yeah but then you punish people who've been generally avoiding normals as of late. o_O It completely discourages playing them.

So they didn't change the matchmaking for normals recently? Because I wasn't getting matched with these sorta people with 3.12.

SiFly wrote:

Normal MMR is different than the ranked MMR. As you can see the ryze has 500 wins in normal games, 2000 ranked games played previous season. He might have started playing some normals and maybe was silver skill level. Afterwards he spammed 2k ranked games and improved to reach diamond (should be quite easy with 2k games..). His normal game MMR is still unchanged and at the old silver mmr skill level.
Thanks for the clarification.
Vulf
The last time they changed normal MM was when they adjusted it to take your total games into consideration along with win percentage and went off the average of the 2. They changed it because people who had like 8000 games or an extremely high win rate in normals would have to sit in queue for an hour otherwise. They changed this a long time ago so it's not recent.

The only reason I can think of why you are getting matched with higher rated players often is because it's the pre-season and people don't want to play ranked at this time. Only thing I can say is you are going to have to deal with it until they come up with a solution.

Simply changing it to reflect your ranked MMR is not a good idea because it would just encourage people to troll more because "HURR DURR IT'S JUST NORMALS" mentality people have. Having to play ranked to get decent players in normals is counter intuitive to the problem.

They are working on it just going to have to wait a bit.
maal

Vulf wrote:

The same way you do in ranked. By winning more games than you lose. duh.
Yes there is MMR for normals believe it or not. There has to be or else it would be way worse for players like Justykanna than it already is.

There is even a site that tells your teams average MMR during games and mine averages between high plat and diamond all the time.
http://quickfind.kassad.in/

i dont think you get my joke

can you stop being so fucking serious and an anti-fun person all the fucking time
show more