forum

League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vulf
That's a valid argument, but the player base didn't increase that much to reflect those stats. That's even including the possibility of elo boosters.

Remember in season 2 pro players like SaintV, The Oddone and Reginald were stuck in plat for like 4 months? lol

The elo system rewarded and punished you accordingly. This new one rewards you, but slightly punishes you for winning/losing games. Then there is the whole never dropping out of the bottom of a division thing (which is being removed next season btw).

Edit: I couldn't find any hard stats I was just going off what I remember which was an estimate and apparently I was wrong at that as well. Diamond in season 2 was around 600 players according to this post on the league forums.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/bo ... ?t=3151591

TL;DR It's much easier to climb this season compared to the previous ones.
Justykanna

Vulf wrote:

The elo system rewarded and punished you accordingly. This new one rewards you, but slightly punishes you for winning/losing games.
How does it not reward/punish you accordingly?
I know a post on the League site said that, assuming you go 50/50 in games, you generally 'gain' more LP than you lose, but I find that you gain/lose roughly the same amount. ~12-18 LP per game. Failed my promotion and got knocked down to 66 LP (I actually thought it only dropped you to roughly 75-85).

Vulf wrote:

Then there is the whole never dropping out of the bottom of a division thing (which is being removed next season btw).
A good idea imo.
Higher ranks would be inflated with people who got there by luck.
Where did you see that anyway? Forums?
Blaziken

Won two 4v5 games in a row because I am just THAT TOXIC!

This is the best thing I have read in forever. Call me blessed but I have never had lag issues on EUW.
GeeNX
I'm happy of the performance of our team on this Goes4LoL, we lost at quarterfinals and we lost vs the team that won last 3 Goes, we played really well imo
Kanye West
nice hopefully you guys get to semis next time
BrokenArrow
Am I the only one exeriencing framerate drops in ARAMs? On any other map I constantly get ~120fps even in teamfights but on the ARAM map I hardly reach 40fps without lowering the graphic settings. :/
Ralfzz
This game was so much fun :D also tryndamere username lol
PyaKura
OP botlane is OP.

Angeir is my bro. That score D:
Kanye West

BrokenArrow wrote:

Where did you get those stats from? You also have to consider that there are a lot more LoL players out there than in Season 2
Won my first promotion game btw, had to play support. I was SO lucky that the only support I own is Taric and their team was full AD. I stacked around 300 armor until the end of the game, lol
The playerbase size doesn't matter. Just look at the percentage distribution in each league in season 2 compared to season 3.

S1 was something like:
Unranked: bottom 75%
Bronze: top 25%
Silver: top 10%
Gold: top 3%
Platinum: top 0.2%

S2 was something like this:
Bronze: bottom 50%
Silver: top 50%
Gold: top 10%
Platinum: top 1%
Diamond: top 0.1%

And S3:
Bronze: bottom 32-34%
Silver: top 66-68%
Gold: top 14-16%
Platinum: top 5-6%
Diamond: top 2%
Challenger: top 0.005%

When you have 6 times the percentage of plat players and 20 times as many diamond players between season 2 and season 3, you know there are issues with the system.

There's a reason why the only diamond players that play competitively or are well known are either very high diamond 1 or challenger, its because the skill difference between D1 0 LP and D1 100 LP is bigger than the difference between a silver 5 and plat 1 player. In season 2 the vast majority of diamond players were well known streamers, played competitively, or something else. Even high plat players fell into this category. Which shows how much differently distributed the ranked system is between seasons.
GeeNX

Kanye West wrote:

nice hopefully you guys get to semis next time
Thank you, also we lost to this guys
tyrael6192
speaking of elo inflation

tiper
Hika

BrokenArrow wrote:

Am I the only one exeriencing framerate drops in ARAMs? On any other map I constantly get ~120fps even in teamfights but on the ARAM map I hardly reach 40fps without lowering the graphic settings. :/
I have horrible fps when I'm playing ARAMs. I have to lower the graphic settings in order to get past having 10 fps. >____<
Navizel

orz
Devalix_old
My friend hit diamond last night.

Teach me pls
BrokenArrow
Got promoted. \:D/
Just once more and I'll be in Gold, need to hurry
maal

tyrael6192 wrote:

speaking of elo inflation

you are making me more and more bitter omg
f i z i k

Kanye West wrote:

BrokenArrow wrote:

Where did you get those stats from? You also have to consider that there are a lot more LoL players out there than in Season 2
Won my first promotion game btw, had to play support. I was SO lucky that the only support I own is Taric and their team was full AD. I stacked around 300 armor until the end of the game, lol
The playerbase size doesn't matter. Just look at the percentage distribution in each league in season 2 compared to season 3.

S1 was something like:
Unranked: bottom 75%
Bronze: top 25%
Silver: top 10%
Gold: top 3%
Platinum: top 0.2%

S2 was something like this:
Bronze: bottom 50%
Silver: top 50%
Gold: top 10%
Platinum: top 1%
Diamond: top 0.1%

And S3:
Bronze: bottom 32-34%
Silver: top 66-68%
Gold: top 14-16%
Platinum: top 5-6%
Diamond: top 2%
Challenger: top 0.005%

When you have 6 times the percentage of plat players and 20 times as many diamond players between season 2 and season 3, you know there are issues with the system.

There's a reason why the only diamond players that play competitively or are well known are either very high diamond 1 or challenger, its because the skill difference between D1 0 LP and D1 100 LP is bigger than the difference between a silver 5 and plat 1 player. In season 2 the vast majority of diamond players were well known streamers, played competitively, or something else. Even high plat players fell into this category. Which shows how much differently distributed the ranked system is between seasons.
This is so true,I was about 2,3 in s2 and I got hr same people again after I hit like 70-80ish LP in d1. Sadly,the dreams of elo being brouht back wont ever be true :( well,the idea of leagues is good but it was just executed badly :/
GeeNX

plat I again, letsseehowthisgoes
La Volpe
I should play Sona more and those were all ranked games lol.
tyrael6192
i've lost like 6 games in a row and i still haven't dropped to plat 2 what the hell
Kanye West
Because your MMR is still plat1.
ItsukiKun
I'm pretty sure there's a period in which you can't get demoted right after promoted to another division.
BrokenArrow

haha oh man Dominion is fun
GeeNX
I lost 1 game in platinum I 0 LP, I am sure if I lose this one I am getting demoted.

Meh, I hate watching profiles of people that wins 7 games as top , mid, jungle or adc and finishes almost negative in all of them, then I watch my loses....

I feel like I have to go all try hard to win a game
maal
back to gold 3 yeeeeeeep
Vulf

ItsukiKun wrote:

I'm pretty sure there's a period in which you can't get demoted right after promoted to another division.

There is it's called a grace period and it's like 3-5 losses then it goes off your MMR. You can pretty much lose like 10 games in a row and not get demoted. This is what I mean when I say the new ranked system is babied down.

Bring elo back 2014!
BrokenArrow
Why do so few people play Annie mid lane?
I honestly can't see what's not awesome about her. She might get countered by high range early game, but that's pretty much irrelevant when you stay on top of them in teamfights mid- to lategame. I just build her tanky with RoA, Liandry's and Rylai's and rip them apart. I honestly can't see any mage who can somehow compete with her kit, survivability and aoe damage output. Anything I forgot about her? Why would people play her support when she's such a great mid laner?
maal

BrokenArrow wrote:

I honestly can't see what's not awesome about her. She might get countered by high range early game, but that's pretty much irrelevant when you stay on top of them in teamfights mid- to lategame. I just build her tanky with RoA, Liandry's and Rylai's and rip them apart. I honestly can't see any mage who can somehow compete with her kit, survivability and aoe damage output. Anything I forgot about her? Why would people play her support when she's such a great mid laner?
because the meta says otherwise, assassins control the game atm

she scales bad into lategame

"countered by high range"???? annie has one of the highest ranges
BrokenArrow
her spells don't
GeeNX
She doesn't scale bad into lategame, now the meta is about assasins with mobility. Mobility is what she lack of
maal

BrokenArrow wrote:

her spells don't
*her E doesnt
Jordan

BrokenArrow wrote:

5 people bear-stun op
Kanye West

BrokenArrow wrote:

She has no mobility so she has to rely on a carry making a positional error or her flash being up in order to get a good initiation. She can be kited if she doesn't have a flash up. She's not very good with her ult down. Her lategame scaling isn't that good. She gets destroyed by bruisers unless you're really fed. etc. Sure she can 100-0 a carry and aoe stun but there are others that do her job better.
Vulf
I really miss when high burst mages like Annie and Brand were played all the time. Then all the adc mains started bitching about being one shotted and they got nerfed. Then the mobility creep happened.
maal
fucking tyrael gonna beat you up soon
Navizel
smurfs + scumbag adc combined

supporting and warding everywhere and this is what I get. this is why i don't support that much
Kanye West
Supports that don't make big plays are basically vision bots.

Make big plays. Be god.
Navizel
I used all of my skills to help him get a kill tho
ityka
Then you steal the kill and carry :D
show more