forum

League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
show more
ItsukiKun

Vulf wrote:

Yes? Problem? I'd rather play normals because it's not as stressful.

Ranked 5's are different because it's with friends. This game is a million times better with friends.
^ I second this. I feel that most people in ranked are just plain retarded.
Sankaritarina

xRa1n wrote:

WHY ELISE SKIN, I JUST BOUGHT THE ELISE SKIN T________________________________________T
It's always the champion they nerfed a lot during the season. I guess only Hecarim got more nerfs than Elise.
Nofool

ItsukiKun wrote:

Vulf wrote:

Yes? Problem? I'd rather play normals because it's not as stressful.

Ranked 5's are different because it's with friends. This game is a million times better with friends.
^ I second this. I feel that most people in ranked are just plain retarded.
I play in ranked at first to improve my skill, im not looking for skilled/smart people... and this is not because i don't enjoy it that i'll stop ,_,
I don't understand why it is funnier to play ranked with friends, you still have to play seriously, troll with friends is funny.
If you are only playing ranked to get something at the end, i don't believe that you'll increase your rank ,_,
Jordan
BrokenArrow
Even Lulu is too sexy for them to handle
maal

BrokenArrow wrote:

Even Lulu is too sexy for them to handle
That tasted purple! 8-)
Vulf

Nofool wrote:

[I play in ranked at first to improve my skill, im not looking for skilled/smart people... and this is not because i don't enjoy it that i'll stop ,_,
I don't understand why it is funnier to play ranked with friends, you still have to play seriously, troll with friends is funny.
If you are only playing ranked to get something at the end, i don't believe that you'll increase your rank ,_,
As I said like a millions before in this thread solo queue is a complete joke and it always will be. I'm pretty much about to hit gold (if i keep going) by only playing Warwick a champion that a majority of this games community considers a troll pick. Some people really make this game harder than it seems.

Also you will learn and improve a ton more from playing premade 5's assuming you are seriously playing and not trolling 24/7.

Sankaritarina wrote:

It's always the champion they nerfed a lot during the season. I guess only Hecarim got more nerfs than Elise.
She is also most banned and most picked for pretty much all tourneys this season. Thresh is pretty close too. Makes sense they chose Elise.
DaDeceptive0ne
those
Pretty victorious. You've already won.
Vulf
That's a custom skin. I saw that on leaguecraft months ago.

http://leaguecraft.com/skins/19733-silv ... ings.xhtml
DaDeceptive0ne
Wow. Thanks a lot Vulf. Thats why I love you so much. You take every fear from me <3
LostinTheEcho_old
i want that dunk darius skin
Kanye West
We need basketball themed dunkmaster skins,

Dunkmaster Yi, jarvan, Darius, and jayce riot pls
Vulf
Don't forget about the hidden dunkmaster Morgana.

Soarezi
dunk squad best squad
tyrael6192

Kanye West wrote:

We need basketball themed dunkmaster skins,

Dunkmaster Yi, jarvan, Darius, and jayce riot pls
how could you forget ziggs

JesusYamato
these rewards are fuck awful
js
getting 3v3 diamond is easier than gold in 5s so everyone can get a diamond border in soloq just by getting diamond 3v3
retarded as fuck
silmarilen
Synchrostar

do jackshit in game except for stealing the majority of kills, that's how i play ad right?
[ Dalliance ]
So uh does anyone want to Duo Queue with me when I get to 30? I know the season is coming to a end so I wanted to start ranked as soon as possible for the rewards since I rarely solo queue and I want to try and get to gold for the skin (km probably bronze 5 Lol)
Icyteru
I really hate ranked. But I really want free elise. Well, I'm on 60LP silver 2 right now, so if all goes well, I only have to play about 30 games
Sankaritarina

Articeo wrote:

So uh does anyone want to Duo Queue with me when I get to 30? I know the season is coming to a end so I wanted to start ranked as soon as possible for the rewards since I rarely solo queue and I want to try and get to gold for the skin (km probably bronze 5 Lol)
The only thing you'll get by rushing to ranked as soon as possible is screwing up your MMR and being placed in Bronze.
Jordan

Sankaritarina wrote:

Articeo wrote:

The only thing you'll get by rushing to ranked as soon as possible is screwing up your MMR and being placed in Bronze.
Spammed ranked the moment I hitted 30 and got placed silver #RARE #TYBG #SWAG
Sankaritarina
Lucky you xD
Although tbh, Silver V isn't much better than Bronze anyway
Kanye West
Yeah its like that between every league,

Bronze 1 is better than silver 5, silver 1 than gold 5 etc

This is purely from an attitude perspective though.
Hika
My friend tells me I sit at Gold V as long as I can win my next 5 placement matches. I just hate playing ranked because I always get stuck with a mid that feeds because they're not passive enough.
maal

Hika wrote:

My friend tells me I sit at Gold V as long as I can win my next 5 placement matches. I just hate playing ranked because I always get stuck with a mid that feeds because they're not passive enough.
win all 10 = gold 2/3
9 out of 10 = gold 5
8 out of 10 = silver 1/2
7 out of 10 = silver 3
6 out of 10 = silver 4
5 out of 10 = silver 5

and i guess you can guess the rest
Jordan

Pros duoing \o/
ItsukiKun

maal wrote:

win all 10 = gold 2/3
9 out of 10 = gold 5
8 out of 10 = silver 1/2
7 out of 10 = silver 3
6 out of 10 = silver 4
5 out of 10 = silver 5

you sure? I got 4 wins and silver 5. Where'd you get that?
maal

ItsukiKun wrote:

maal wrote:

win all 10 = gold 2/3
9 out of 10 = gold 5
8 out of 10 = silver 1/2
7 out of 10 = silver 3
6 out of 10 = silver 4
5 out of 10 = silver 5

it's an estimate; it also depends on how much impact you have on the game
ItsukiKun
I see... Kinda weird since I feel that I'm pretty bad at this game.
maal

ItsukiKun wrote:

I see... Kinda weird since I feel that I'm pretty bad at this game.
only god knows

i won 7 lost 3 and got silver 3, apparently i most've done shitty :DD
DaDeceptive0ne

maal wrote:

Hika wrote:

win all 10 = gold 2/3
9 out of 10 = gold 5
8 out of 10 = silver 1/2
7 out of 10 = silver 3
6 out of 10 = silver 4
5 out of 10 = silver 5

Rly? I won 8 out of 10 and they cheered me up at Gold 3. Dont think your "calculation" is right.
Nofool

ItsukiKun wrote:

maal wrote:

win all 10 = gold 2/3
9 out of 10 = gold 5
8 out of 10 = silver 1/2
7 out of 10 = silver 3
6 out of 10 = silver 4
5 out of 10 = silver 5

i don't think that you can start gold with 10 wins if you were unranked last season or no more than silver, got some friends who won their 10 games but were silver last season and are still silver now. i was gold last season, i won 8 games/10 and then started gold IV. so its all about your last season elo i guess o_o
maal
and my friend got gold 2 because he won all 10

maybe randomized? lmao dunno D:
South
The elo system is still used. But now its hidden and called MMR. Your ranking is determimd by the value of your MMR at the time of placement. By default all players have an elo of 1200 before placing. This value changes drasticaly every match because of the formula used to calculate your mmr. The more games you play the slower this value changes. When matches are created the match making system does its best to match two teams of simar skill. So if you're a brand new player at 1200 duo queueing with a gold 5 player (roughly 1500) it is very likely that u will be matched against a team of silver 2-1's because they range from 1350-1450. If you are winning these games the likelyhood of you being placed into a high division is very likely because when your current rating is increased according to the value of the team you just beat.
This is to be compared to queueing alone or queueing with players that are currently ranked lower than the default elo. Winning these games will increase your MMR at a slower rate because the closer you are to the average skill level of the rest of the players in the match the closer the values are when calculating differences.

TLDR: its all about who you play with when placing. If you really care about where your going to end up make a friend and win some games

Ps: sorry if this is difficult to read, I'm posting it from my phone in class.
Vulf
Your ranking from the previous season has a heavy impact on it as well since it was a soft reset not a hard reset.

I lost 6 out of my 10 games and got put into silver 4, but I retained my MMR from the previous season. Which is why I got like 50-65 lp per win in silver 4 and ended up skipping silver 3 all together when i was promoted.

If you were diamond in season 2 you should have never have been placed anything lower than gold even if you lost all 10 of your placements.
maal
so i'm getting 6 lp per win in silver 1 now

great
Kanye West
where you place in placement matches is entirely dependent on your MMR and others' MMR. You can go 10/0 and still get placed in silver 1. Or you can go 10/0 and get placed into gold 1. I went 6/4 (which is really bad), and got placed into silver 2, because I was duo queueing with my gold 3 friend.
Hika
I actually get carried, I'm currently going 3/2 (lol).

I might have to start playing ranked this weekend, sadly.
show more