community forum

League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
14,939
show more
Nofool
I always play adc, but I'm never like Doublelift
#vayne dying 1v4
BrokenArrow
The first 2 games I played Caitlyn in ranked I stole a dragon with my Q without having it warded. Felt so good :D
At the same time those were the first dragon steals I've ever done. Still lost the game :/
tyrael6192

psKirika wrote:

tyrael6192 wrote:

i find people are a lot more concerned with lane counters at lower elo, and then as you get higher people gradually start to give 0 fucks and play whatever

matchups aren't exactly the same thing iirc? it's more the dynamic of how one champion works against another and it's just something you learn through playing vs everyone
This is so true and so wrong at the same time. Picking the right/wrong champions can win/lose the lane straight. I ALWAYS chose an adc by our teamcomp / their bot lane. While others might not and get crushed in lane by first picking and insta-locking Vayne.
a skilled and practiced vayne destroys a championselect.net hero who plays a mediocre caitlyn

but the point is if you're climbing and playing one champion you're good at you will inadvertently come up against your counters and 50%+ of the time you will beat them anyway because they prioritize "lol counter them easy gg" over knowing a champion

this applies less to bot lane because of weird synergies and shit but solo lanes? always
maal

Nofool wrote:

I always play adc, but I'm never like Doublelift
#vayne dying 1v4
no ur the #vayne killing 1v4



anyway what tyrael says is somewhat true

thing is championselect.net and all these websites only take LANING phase into account


caitlyn vayne's hardest counter? ask them when they both have full items at 40 min mark

a bad vayne can even kill a mediocre caitlyn
Kanye West

maal wrote:

Nofool wrote:

I always play adc, but I'm never like Doublelift
#vayne dying 1v4
no ur the #vayne killing 1v4



anyway what tyrael says is somewhat true

thing is championselect.net and all these websites only take LANING phase into account


caitlyn vayne's hardest counter? ask them when they both have full items at 40 min mark

a bad vayne can even kill a mediocre caitlyn
But see, by your logic, Nasus counters every toplaner. Vayne obviously scales harder than Cait, but that's not what we're discussing.

I wouldn't say Cait is Vayne's hardest counter but in a Cait and Vayne matchup of equal skill and equally competent supports, the Cait should have a pretty sizable CS lead coming out of laning phase.

The hardest counter to Vayne is team coordination, gapclosers, CC, AS reduction, and oracles/pink wards. Same as any AD Carry actually. The reason Vayne is so strong in solo queue is that nobody has any coordination so you can skirmish your way to win. Whereas, in competitive play, when Vayne is picked, there needs to be a team comp built around her.
maal
when did i say nasus counters everyone

i didnt talk about cs stacks

tell me someone who can counter nasus late game who has infinite stacks? noone
GeeNX
Veigar with infinite stacks
Kanye West
My point being, we were talking about the laning phase and you were talking about lategame scaling.

Lategame scaling is irrelevant if you can never get there.
maal
.
psKirika
@tyrael

Yeyeye i get your point.

Just saying, I'm not a medicore caitlyn. Plus, If both are equally skilled, caitlyn will have a noticeably large cs lead. As Kayne said.

On phone, to lazy to argument
tyrael6192
i'm not arguing for anything i know nothing about this game

i think the general point i wanna make to justykanna is don't force yourself to play a champion you're not familiar with just to counter someone in a solo lane because the majority of the time you'll contribute more to the game by playing someone you know and understand

obviously if we take this to "i know every champion in the game because i am diamond" level then yeah counter away because you're more or less equally reliable no matter what champ you play and you're not sacrificing anything by picking a counter
Justykanna

Kanye West wrote:

Why does every vayne player think they're doublelift lol
Doublelift the name of a player I'm guessing?

Otonashi07 wrote:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/c ... out-sheath

any thoughts?
I'm actually really excited to see that one. I've never been overly excited for a new champion, but this one sounds cool. =)

Kanye West wrote:

But see, by your logic, Nasus counters every toplaner.
I actually didn't see Nasus get any (litterally) banned votes in ranked until two weeks ago, and then EVERY game had a him banned. Anyone know why? =/ I don't get it! lol.

tyrael6192 wrote:

i think the general point i wanna make to justykanna is don't force yourself to play a champion you're not familiar with just to counter someone in a solo lane because the majority of the time you'll contribute more to the game by playing someone you know and understand
Thank you for clarifying! =)
Hika
I don't know why but every time I see an Ezreal player, I like to assume they're all dicks. Don't know why, but Ezreal seems like a real huge dick.

Like his champion picture.. his smug, prick face. too good.
Kanye West

Justykanna wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

Why does every vayne player think they're doublelift lol
Doublelift the name of a player I'm guessing?
justykanna pls

Vulf
If you don't know how to play the champion that counters something and you pick it expecting to have an auto win in lane you are going to have a bad time. I've picked Warwick into horrible things before and still won my lane because I was simply better than the other person and vice-versa.

There was a hidden nasus nerf on pbe. Life Steal is now 10% instead of 14% early game. Keep em coming. probably won't be nerfed more until after they make money from his new skin though.
Justykanna

Kanye West wrote:

justykanna pls
Please what?

Vulf wrote:

There was a hidden nasus nerf on pbe. Life Steal is now 10% instead of 14% early game. Keep em coming. probably won't be nerfed more until after they make money from his new skin though.
How does that explain why he's been getting banned left and right, now?
Vulf
Nasus will get nerfed for the same reason Warwick got nerfed (actually gutted) in season 2. He is immovable in lane and that is stupid and not fun to play against. He is a very strong late game champion that has probably the easiest early game to get there and that is a problem. Everything that used to straight up destroy him in lane has been nerfed. Also the new dorans shield made a lot of stuff with built in sustain really strong.

Nerfing his early game sustain is a step in the right direction, but he needs to be nerfed a little more.
Sapphiire
@ Vulf can u post me ure lolking ? i want to see how u build ure Warwick
maal

Vulf wrote:

Nasus will get nerfed for the same reason Warwick got nerfed (actually gutted) in season 2. He is immovable in lane and that is stupid and not fun to play against. He is a very strong late game champion that has probably the easiest early game to get there and that is a problem. Everything that used to straight up destroy him in lane has been nerfed. Also the new dorans shield made a lot of stuff with built in sustain really strong.

Nerfing his early game sustain is a step in the right direction, but he needs to be nerfed a little more.
forget the shield

double dorans ring is way stronger on him

9 mana after each kill + 6 mana regen and his q only costs 20 mana


thats a nasus thatll never feel the need to come out of lane
Sapphiire

maal wrote:

Vulf wrote:

Nasus will get nerfed for the same reason Warwick got nerfed (actually gutted) in season 2. He is immovable in lane and that is stupid and not fun to play against. He is a very strong late game champion that has probably the easiest early game to get there and that is a problem. Everything that used to straight up destroy him in lane has been nerfed. Also the new dorans shield made a lot of stuff with built in sustain really strong.

Nerfing his early game sustain is a step in the right direction, but he needs to be nerfed a little more.
forget the shield

double dorans ring is way stronger on him

9 mana after each kill + 6 mana regen and his q only costs 20 mana


thats a nasus thatll never feel the need to come out of lane
Wow actually thats a pretty good idea , i wonder why i never see pro players do that :/
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply