forum

League of Legends

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kanye West
Garen is hilarious in treeline. Tons of damage, becomes unkillable wall.
boat
I think I've reached rock bottom mmr wise. Nevertheless, this is way more fun than the crybaby tryhard tier, I don't get why people strave to get higher, all of my last games have been hilarious and nobody is really talking crap because they don't even understand what's going on.

I'm pretty sure I can lock in jungle zilean and nobody will even complain.

:-D
Hika
Zilean actually hurts, people. When you let him farm, it's like hell when he throws bombs. His ult is completely annoying, especially in team fights. After ADC is dead, he's like "MUST REVIVE" and my team gets even more fucked afterward.

Most boring champ that I've ever played was Irelia, she's just so boring to me in Summoner's Rift. I mean she's all tanky and does a lot of damage and all but I never seem to be able to kill with her because DAT ULT.
maal

Hika wrote:

Zilean actually hurts, people. When you let him farm, it's like hell when he throws bombs. His ult is completely annoying, especially in team fights. After ADC is dead, he's like "MUST REVIVE" and my team gets even more fucked afterward.

Most boring champ that I've ever played was Irelia, she's just so boring to me in Summoner's Rift. I mean she's all tanky and does a lot of damage and all but I never seem to be able to kill with her because DAT ULT.
you need to learn the irelia mechanics i guess

your ult is mostly useful for anyone running away with below 200~ hp or if you're getting chased with low health and you need health, you shoot them at enemies to get lifesteal. that is how her ult works.

zilean is only good in the low elo games, shutting down an early zilean is crucial. taking out zilean early in a teamfight is not a bad idea either, but make sure someone deals with the adc as well.
Vulf
Zilean has been picked a couple of times in some major tournaments. He has retained his niche pick status unlike some other champions. Hardly a low elo champion.

He is boring to play is all. Going to be kinda shitty when he loses his global passive. :(
Justykanna

boat wrote:

I'm pretty sure I can lock in jungle zilean and nobody will even complain.
Do it, that'd be hilarious. xD

Vulf wrote:

He is boring to play is all. Going to be kinda shitty when he loses his global passive.
What're they changing? Just his passive?
Vulf
All global passives are getting removed from the game. Twisted Fate, Janna and Zilean.

The TF change is already on PBE.
Tenshi

Vulf wrote:

All global passives are getting removed from the game. Twisted Fate, Janna and Zilean.

The TF change is already on PBE.
What's the reasoning behind it?
Justykanna

Tenshi wrote:

What's the reasoning behind it?
I'd also like to know what they're being replaced by. If they're staying the same but only as an aura / to the champion themself, I feel it'll be a little underpower.

Teemo started out 0/8/_ and sold all his items at about the 28:00 mark. Then came back and got a few kills and assists.
Their Wukong couldn't do anything. Way too reliant on his invis., and I'd just Q/E him when he did it.
They couldn't win a teamfight to save their life. Mundo and I would go in and pop our AoEs (with a Nami Ultimate) and they'd melt.
Lux claimed Darius was drunk, lol. He didn't gank very effectively...
Apparently your tanks are suppose to have the most damage dealt, right? We couldn't die at all, lol.

Vulf
Here is one of the threads if you want to read. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/sho ... ?t=3680771

TL;DR: Global passives give too much power blah blah... Riot hates free stats.

Janna and Zilean will definitely get completely new passives because they are terrible for themselves only. TF's is basically the same except it has a chance to give more gold, and of course it's now for him only.
Justykanna

Vulf wrote:

Here is one of the threads if you want to read. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/sho ... ?t=3680771

TL;DR: Global passives give too much power blah blah... Riot hates free stats.

Janna and Zilean will definitely get completely new passives because they are terrible for themselves only. TF's is basically the same except it has a chance to give more gold, and of course it's now for him only.
I'll read the thread in more detail later.
They don't like passive game play - the fact that something is there and gives free stuff. The Bulkwark was to deal with AoE heavy teams but in the end, it's just a good item (which I recall being nerfed once and I could see again if they're that hard against it)... apparently.
They like temporary AoE buffs though (ex: Jarvan's flag) because it involves more skill though?

I honestly don't like their reasoning why they like temporary stuff and not auras (at least, that's what I'm getting from the thread).... but hey, that's just me.
Vulf
Bulwark is being removed next patch. Aegis is getting nerfed along with locket.

Honestly I want burst mages like Annie and Brand to come back into the competitive scene. This means carries and melee assassins would actually have to position extremely well or be one-shotted, but nope according to riot that's not fun to play against.
DaDeceptive0ne
Vulf. I love you. It's like, you can read my mind. I can remember the times I played Annie or Brand.
The funny thing is, they dont care about you. The "AP Nuke" is kinda gone. They replayed it by all of the AD Burst and Offtanks.

It's not always like this, but most of the games is going to be full AD or offtank-mania.

Cheerz, Back from holidayz <3
tiper
God, Diana is so strong. I don't really like to play assasins because they are so squishy, but Diana isn't squishy like other ones.
DaDeceptive0ne
It's her main stats and her shield. She is one of the champions who can snowball so hardc0re and she got nerfed/buffed/buffed/nerfed.
Her Ultimate is rly strong, the cooldown reduction is perfect to nuke the enemy "whatever"-carry. And it's awesome because it's a gapecloser, you can use it twice during a short time or you can use it every 6 Seconds (without CR).

Cheerio~
Hika
I love Ashe so much, not a lot of people can play her right. She's so fun though, I got 2 pentas on bots with her ;____;
GeeNX
I was lvling up my smurf on EUW, funny the games because if we are 10, 8 are smurf, and 2 poor new players...

Btw if someone low lv on EU want to play with me, say it and I add u on my smurf
Azer

Hika wrote:

bots
maal

Vulf wrote:

Zilean has been picked a couple of times in some major tournaments. He has retained his niche pick status unlike some other champions. Hardly a low elo champion.

He is boring to play is all. Going to be kinda shitty when he loses his global passive. :(
i don't think you understand what i am writing
Jordan

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
GeeNX
WTF, who bans talon xD
Jordan

xRa1n wrote:

WTF, who bans talon xD
My main ;_;
Effy
Talon needs to be banned, op champ :(
DaDeceptive0ne
Keep it up. Everyone who haz a main, needs at least one or two side champs.
tyrael6192

madlife pls
Vulf

maal wrote:

I'm fairly sure I got it. Care to elaborate more on the subject though.
Backfire

Who needs boots?
maal

Vulf wrote:

maal wrote:

I'm fairly sure I got it. Care to elaborate more on the subject though.
but you didn't

what i meant was people are too dumb to know how to handle a zilean in low elo games, which is why you can silently climb to high elo with zilean, and zilean only by letting others carry you.
Kanye West

xRa1n wrote:

WTF, who bans talon xD
lol, i ban things like lee sin, lux, orianna and jarvan all the time to piss people off. banning things you don't like to play against is a good strategy.

banning things like blitz and amumu are a waste; they're easy to play against. imo things like jarvan and lee sin are harder to play against.
Vulf

maal wrote:

what i meant was people are too dumb to know how to handle a zilean in low elo games, which is why you can silently climb to high elo with zilean, and zilean only by letting others carry you.
What? With that logic you can play anything and "let others carry you". That's like saying every single support, tank, and utility mage main that is diamond was carried there. It's not like some of these champions have game changing abilities or anything. =\

You don't have to be a carry to carry games.
Naoki N

Kanye West wrote:

xRa1n wrote:

WTF, who bans talon xD
lol, i ban things like lee sin, lux, orianna and jarvan all the time to piss people off. banning things you don't like to play against is a good strategy.

banning things like blitz and amumu are a waste; they're easy to play against. imo things like jarvan and lee sin are harder to play against.
What about Twisted Fate?
Jordan

DaDeceptive0ne wrote:

Keep it up. Everyone who haz a main, needs at least one or two side champs.
I didn't say I can only play him, just I pick him whenever I can given good circumstances :p
Hika
I'd say banning TF is just as worthless as banning someone like Shen, Thresh or Blitzcrank because he's not that hard to kill off.
Vulf
I ban blitz because I know my bottom lane can't handle it, and I don't want to play against it. Only takes one decent grab to turn the whole game around.
Kanye West
yeah but if you ward properly, it's blatantly obvious when a blitz is going for a grab and you can counterplay it. plus if someone picks blitz, go support zyra, block every grab with plants, and poke him down. he can't do anything in lane against you.

plus, many people are terrible with him and will be useless all game anyways.

Hika wrote:

I'd say banning TF is just as worthless as banning someone like Shen, Thresh or Blitzcrank because he's not that hard to kill off.
you must play against really, really bad TF players then
Vulf
That would require me to play bottom lane and I'm a top lane and jungle main. Problem is you are taking that risk of trusting people in solo queue and from my experience you can't trust anyone with anything. Better off removing the risk by banning it.
those
But you can't ban everything you don't trust. And there are much riskier champions than Blitzcrank (imo).
Vulf
Except that I can because Blitz is one of the few champions I don't trust on either side so it doesn't really matter. I don't want to play against it so I ban it and I don't trust anyone ever to play it properly or have a brain to lane against one.
Kanye West
haha that's true, blitz is one of those champions that your teammate is always useless at playing but when the enemy gets him, they instawin unless you counterpick him
those
Shaco too. And Riven.
show more