forum

Higher accuracy for no reason?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kyou-nyan
Whenever I stop paying attention to the beatmap, I find myself getting near perfect accuracy on the songs I'm attempting to HD, or SS.

It's like the second I start looking at the screen consciously I start dropping left and right.

Also whenever I drop a combo (meaning I can't get the FC anymore) I start to play with very high accuracy too (SS quality accuracy).

wtf is this and how can I fix it... it's like the harder I try the worse I play -.-?
buny
nerves
chainpullz

Kyou-nyan wrote:

Whenever I stop paying attention to the beatmap, I find myself getting near perfect accuracy on the songs I'm attempting to HD, or SS.

It's like the second I start looking at the screen consciously I start dropping left and right.

Also whenever I drop a combo (meaning I can't get the FC anymore) I start to play with very high accuracy too (SS quality accuracy).

wtf is this and how can I fix it... it's like the harder I try the worse I play -.-?
If you stop caring about pp and just play maps (that would give pp) once to the end without retrying and do this for a bunch of maps every day you'll probably actually end up getting more pp than if you tried really hard to fc stuff. A lot of top plays that many people have just kind of happened on the first couple of plays when they weren't even consciously trying for a fc. If you try too hard, as buny pointed out, nerves will start to get the better of you.

TL;DR: If your goal is pp you should play for pp without caring for pp. :P
Karuta-_old_1
it really depends on what you focus on, you will naturally get higher acc if you focus on listening to the song rather than looking at the 100's and combo

if you don't then you probably got kind of bored of the song
KanoSet

a loli wrote:

nerves