forum

Add an osu!Direct Re-Download option to the Song Select menu

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +53
Topic Starter
Acceptable
Im trying to redownload a load of maps due to me accidentally re-overwriting all of their backgrounds with a blank image. I decided I wanted the BGs back but it means opening the beatmap thread, tabbing out to go to my browser, hitting the osu!Direct download button and then tabbing back in to begin the download. If there was just an option to re DL on the F3 menu on the song select it would make the process way easier.

I'd like to see this.
Danshi_old_1

[unacceptable] wrote:

Im trying to redownload a load of maps due to me accidentally re-overwriting all of their backgrounds with a blank image. I decided I wanted the BGs back but it means opening the beatmap thread, tabbing out to go to my browser, hitting the osu!Direct download button and then tabbing back in to begin the download. If there was just an option to re DL on the F3 menu on the song select it would make the process way easier.

I'd like to see this.
This would be a great idea
as osu!direct already knows what you have downloaded i also think there should be a redownload ALL for users changing computer and may not have access to the old songs on the other computer.
Why did you change all the backgrounds to blank?
Theres dim settings to change the play screen background to black and if you want dim options to automatically dim 100% you can change that through options.. Just search "dim" and change the slider to whatever you want for every map.. saves you doing it every play :)
If you do not like the dim colour as black im sure theres something in the config to change if not then I also think that should be added.
Topic Starter
Acceptable
I was going through a "rrtyui phase" :)

Danshi wrote:

[unacceptable] wrote:

I'd like to see this.
This would be a great idea
as osu!direct already knows what you have downloaded i also think there should be a redownload ALL for users changing computer and may not have access to the old songs on the other computer.
Why did you change all the backgrounds to blank?
Theres dim settings to change the play screen background to black and if you want dim options to automatically dim 100% you can change that through options.. Just search "dim" and change the slider to whatever you want for every map.. saves you doing it every play :)
If you do not like the dim colour as black im sure theres something in the config to change if not then I also think that should be added.
Danshi_old_1

[unacceptable] wrote:

I was going through a "rrtyui phase" :)
Oh haha very true :P
Bara-
Yes
Just Yes
ALL OF MY YESSES <3
Mr HeliX
1. /np the song somewhere (for example to yourself, I remember reading somewhere this is possible)
2. Go to osu! main menu
3. Click the np link
4. osu!direct window pops up
5. Click Download/DL No Vid
6. osu!direct asks for redownload, click yes

Tadah

Nevertheless, a simple redownload button would make things even easier, so still supporting this. But there's an easier way than the one you described, this might make your life easier as long as this redownload button isn't here ;)
Topic Starter
Acceptable

Mr HeliX wrote:

1. /np the song somewhere (for example to yourself, I remember reading somewhere this is possible)
2. Go to osu! main menu
3. Click the np link
4. osu!direct window pops up
5. Click Download/DL No Vid
6. osu!direct asks for redownload, click yes

Tadah

Nevertheless, a simple redownload button would make things even easier, so still supporting this. But there's an easier way than the one you described, this might make your life easier as long as this redownload button isn't here ;)
That's actually an excellent idea, will definitely be doing this until we know if the an actual feature will be added, thanks!
[ Jg ]
I would like to see this! Revive the dead thread!
Shmiklak
Yeah it will be really cool
Pituophis
Really want this feature. I played with grey background in the past but I don't anymore. Would be nice to have an easier way to change the BG back.
-Kyu
bumping this because this needs to happen
Topic Starter
Acceptable

ExKyu wrote:

bumping this because this needs to happen
Thank you I still haven't given up hope!