forum

Fifty's Tablet Covers

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Fifty

Feiri wrote:

Oh I was just wondering for the time being. Still gotta wait until I start earning money ;-;
Thanks for letting me know tho
Not a problem, glad I could help!

KanoSet wrote:

dat feel when you want one but you don't even use a tablet :|
seems great.. good luck :)
Thanks!
ZenithPhantasm

KanoSet wrote:

dat feel when you want one but you don't even use a tablet :|
seems great.. good luck :)
Maybe he'll print mousepads
dont print mousepads graphics r bad for sensors
Nyderion
That price , just say it clearly if you want broke horo's market ...
Topic Starter
Fifty

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I've considered this, and the issue isn't the tracking. Most modern mice will track fine on just about any surface. The problem is the feel and friction of the material. While the covers work great for tablets, it would give a very unnatural feeling as a mouse pad. I would have to take a long look into the manufacturing process of them, before I could consider selling. It is however, something I will look further into in the future.

Nyderion wrote:

I can't speak for Horo, but from the pictures our covers appear to be quite different. While they inherently serve the same purpose, I believe each of us is offering a unique product.
ZenithPhantasm

Fifty wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I've considered this, and the issue isn't the tracking. Most modern mice will track fine on just about any surface. The problem is the feel and friction of the material. While the covers work great for tablets, it would give a very unnatural feeling as a mouse pad. I would have to take a long look into the manufacturing process of them, before I could consider selling. It is however, something I will look further into in the future.
The problem is when you print images there's no consistent pattern. Most modern sensors have automatic exposure which might have issues with multi colored images. If it was just two shades it would most likely be fine but if you have like a god damn rainbow it won't work properly. For casual play its probably fine but probably not for higher level play.

Fifty wrote:

Nyderion wrote:

I can't speak for Horo, but from the pictures our covers appear to be quite different. While they inherently serve the same purpose, I believe each of us is offering a unique product.
You're both selling what is essentially giant custom stickers for wacom tablets. However yours are reasonably priced while Horo's aren't
KanoSet

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

mousepads graphics r bad for sensors
sadest fact ever
Ene on my mousepad.. the dream that won't come true :cry:
maybein few years from now
deletemyaccount

KanoSet wrote:

sadest fact ever
Ene on my mousepad.. the dream that won't come true :cry:
maybein few years from now
you gotta make sacrifices for ur waifu man
ZenithPhantasm
Nothing will ever replace my Artisan Hayate Otsu unless they make a better version
Pituophis
Got mine yesterday.
Had just a little white on the edges, but I trimmed it off.
This surface is really slick. I barely feel any friction.
I've already noticed some really small scratches, but I can only seem them when I angle it in the light. I have the habit of pushing down on my pen really hard when I play, so I kind of expected this. I just need to lighten my grip a bit.
I'd recommend this to anyone who drags.
Topic Starter
Fifty
Just a quick update here. Holiday sales are now in effect! Receive 10% off all single orders. Buy one, get one 50% off, for the remainder of the month.
Valvalecia

Could've been slightly larger/better cut as there's a white line and it's little short from one side.

Otherwise no complaints, much better surface than my worn tablet and it's only 5$, so go buy one if you haven't already.
Topic Starter
Fifty

Valvalecia wrote:

Could've been slightly larger/better cut as there's a white line and it's little short from one side.

Otherwise no complaints, much better surface than my worn tablet and it's only 5$, so go buy one if you haven't already.

Thanks for the review, and I'm sorry for the poor cutting. I'm still working on getting some of models dimensions down.
Cylux
I really want this, but how do i properly order this?

Should I send you a pm in skype/osu?
Pituophis
Topic Starter
Fifty

Cylux wrote:

I really want this, but how do i properly order this?

Should I send you a pm in skype/osu?
Skype, osu, discord, whatever you prefer to use is fine with me!
Qenomo
Will the adhesive eat away at my tablet? CTL-490 and do you have the dimensions for it? Cheers

edit: was told it wont damage it
Oatmeal
Could I order the cover to fit my whole tablet?
Topic Starter
Fifty

HolyShadowLink wrote:

Could I order the cover to fit my whole tablet?
Absolutely. Keep in mind that I currently can't do cutouts for buttons. If there's enough demand for it, I'll look into patterns, but right now it's not possible for me to do it accurately enough.
Raniemi
I have been using the cover for a little over 2 weeks:

The cover feels very smooth but it does slowly turn a little more rough from dragging.
When it turns rough, it kind of feels like dragging on a piece of paper but it is still smoother than paper.

The looks of the cover is fairly similar to the picture I requested but it does have some faint white spots on it
that is only visible if you look at it from an angle with light reflecting off of it. Over time, your tablet area and scratches are
also going to be fairly visible on the cover but it isn't noticeable if you don't look at it from an angle with light.
Also, the cut on the cover wasn't 100% straight and the width was a tiny bit longer than I requested.
However, that I guess that can be fixed by yourself and I guess it is better to have it been little longer than risking it
to be a little shorter.

Shipping took about 3 business days (5 counting weekends) and it came on the same day that Fifty estimated
it to come. Fifty also replied back to me fairly quickly after I contacted him and everything went pretty smoothly.

Overall, I do recommend Fifty's tablet cover especially if you drag all the time on it like me :)
Pituophis
Had mine for my 420 for a month. Worked well and scratches didn't seem to have a negative effect.
Getting one for my CTL480
S[u]nD[e]Yz
Could it replace an older cover or is a problem? I mean will it stick to the surface normally?
Topic Starter
Fifty

S[u]nD[e]Yz wrote:

Could it replace an older cover or is a problem? I mean will it stick to the surface normally?
Absolutely. Although the adhesive is fairly strong (so it doesn't move around when you're playing) they are designed to be removable.
Acuiasa
Just started using a tablet, I should pick up one of these.
Osukaa
Meanwhile I'm still waiting for mine 3 weeks and counting... QQ
Topic Starter
Fifty

Osukaa wrote:

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for mine 3 weeks and counting... QQ
I'm sorry about that. Message me your info please. I'll figure out what went wrong.
SmallerMoonstar

Pituophis wrote:

Had mine for my 420 for a month. Worked well and scratches didn't seem to have a negative effect.
Getting one for my CTL480
So, as a consumer of this product, was the quality of the picture very high? There's only been one review since Fifty has gotten his new printer and idk how the quality is now, heard his previous printer kinda washed out the colors. Care to share?
Topic Starter
Fifty

SmallerMoonstar wrote:

So, as a consumer of this product, was the quality of the picture very high? There's only been one review since Fifty has gotten his new printer and idk how the quality is now, heard his previous printer kinda washed out the colors. Care to share?
You can view many pictures on Discord. http://hnng.moe/35t The quality has greatly improved in comparison to my old printer.
Mahogany
Hey Fifty, I've been wondering whether you've had any more thoughts on expanding onto mousepad covers? I recently got a new mousepad and the material feels slightly unpleasant when it's cold, and I was thinking I might benefit from trying a mousepad cover.
KanoSet

Mahogany wrote:

Hey Fifty, I've been wondering whether you've had any more thoughts on expanding onto mousepad covers? I recently got a new mousepad and the material feels slightly unpleasant when it's cold, and I was thinking I might benefit from trying a mousepad cover.
unless they make a perfect sensor that trakes perfectly fine with every surface and every color, that isn't a good idea for competitve gaming.. but if you just want a good looking mouse pad for.. i dunno.. anything that doesn't require fast/accurate movement and fifty got a nice surface for it that would be neat

tl;dr: a mouse pad with a pic on it is a bad idea for osu or compitive gaming in general
there was a talk about that few pages backward
Mahogany
I'd be willing to at least give it a shot and see how it works out for me. I tend to take everything Zenny says as an exaggeration because of how super OCD he is about his mice, and I'm unsure if I'd even notice the difference.

And yeah, I'm not super-competitive or anything in the first place, though you can probably tell
KanoSet

Mahogany wrote:

I'd be willing to at least give it a shot and see how it works out for me. I tend to take everything Zenny says as an exaggeration because of how super OCD he is about his mice, and I'm unsure if I'd even notice the difference.

And yeah, I'm not super-competitive or anything in the first place, though you can probably tell
ye i would like to give it a shot as well
but it would hard to find a proper mat and it will take much effort than it would propaply worth
it's up to fifty tho
i want Ene on my mousepad <3
ZenithPhantasm

Mahogany wrote:

How is it exaggeration when I have proof for my claims? Its a well known fact mice perform suboptimally on different colored mousepads.
ZenithPhantasm
Tbh if Fifty is making these mousepads happen I wont mind buying one for use with my HTPC but you definitely wont catch me playing osu with it.
Mahogany

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

How is it exaggeration when I have proof for my claims? Its a well known fact mice perform suboptimally on different colored mousepads.
Because you'd notice any difference no matter how tiny, when it's something that I might not even notice at all
Topic Starter
Fifty

Mahogany wrote:

I have in fact thought some more about this. I've got two strawpolls here, and on discord, that will help determine if this is viable or not.

http://strawpoll.me/6609040

http://strawpoll.me/6609048
ZenithPhantasm
Rubber mousepads are best. Washable, durable, consistent, and stable.
Tho I prefer polyester cloth surfaces
KanoSet

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Rubber mousepads are best. Washable, durable, consistent, and stable.
rubber mat with 15$ would be neat
/poll
ZenithPhantasm
Glass mousepad would be nice too since no one makes them anymore. Never forget SS Icemat
Topic Starter
Fifty

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Glass mousepad would be nice too since no one makes them anymore. Never forget SS Icemat
Glass would be difficult to ship at a reasonable price.

In other news, custom rubber mousepads will be available soon, as the most voted for option.
Mahogany
\:D/
show more