UPDATED EVERYTHING
Xinnoh

MIDAS wrote:

Ascendance wrote:

Oh yeah, also, "poidose" is pretty comprehensible for anyone who
A) Plays this level of difficulty
and B) has half of a brain

Just more scenarios where we overexaggerate things for little to no reason

Hello, I'd like to point out that it wasn't clear to me what Poidose was, and I am capable of playing overdoses.
By your implications that I do not have half of a brain, I am heavily offended.
Hence, I request a formal apology from you regarding your ignorance in your immature statement.
Please understand that proper conduct is the first step to a smooth conversation between human beings. You seem to lack that skill and should keep that in mind.
see ascendance was right
Ascendance

Sinnoh wrote:

MIDAS wrote:

Hello, I'd like to point out that it wasn't clear to me what Poidose was, and I am capable of playing overdoses.
By your implications that I do not have half of a brain, I am heavily offended.
Hence, I request a formal apology from you regarding your ignorance in your immature statement.
Please understand that proper conduct is the first step to a smooth conversation between human beings. You seem to lack that skill and should keep that in mind.
see ascendance was right
lolol

In any case, I still think the 1/4 is better here. You shouldn't have to feel pressured into making it 1/6 and changing how you wanted to emphasize things just because it got DQ'd.
CLSW
http://puu.sh/v39av/03a9c1d531.zip Fixed with advanced flow issues and tried to add 1/6 patterns just before the kiai
Topic Starter
walaowey

CLSW wrote:

http://puu.sh/v39av/03a9c1d531.zip Fixed with advanced flow issues and tried to add 1/6 patterns just before the kiai
UPDATED
Kagari
uhhhhhh
CLSW
#savechino
#rankchino
Kagari
pls dont let the discussion dies out in an instance :<

i want to raise my concern on one of zirox's mod on clsw's captivation, which is this :-

ZiRoX wrote:

[Crystal's Captivation]
  1. 00:15:594 (1,1,1,1,2) - I'm not sure the slidertails are snapped to something right now. To me, it should be a 1/6 snap, but other person said 1/4 was more fitting. Get this double-checked with someone else. Another alternative would be to replace them with circles. Additionally, while I think the idea is nice, I think it's overdone a bit, and I'd reduce the strenght of the HDashes a bit while keeping the idea. As example, I think x:304 for 00:15:784 (2) - and x:208 for 00:16:354 (2) - is nice, and a similar reduction in HDash strenght would be nice for 00:16:924 (2) - and 00:17:873 (1) -
the reason i want to point this out is because no one checked the snapping of the mentioned sliderends except xinely. although it's not really a major issue and I believed that clsw has a better understanding with the usage of the 1/8 slider in the gameplay, i also would like to hear other modders' opinion on this matter as well. i really want to know whether its fine or not to have 1/8 snap on the sliderends.

i believe that this part has much more serious issue than the ones that you guys discussed it before in which i've fixed it already
Topic Starter
walaowey

Kagari wrote:

pls dont let the discussion dies out in an instance :<
:( :( :(
ffstar

ffstar0716 wrote:

gratz walaowey, now BN notice your map :D
i was wrong :(
Ascendance

ffstar0716 wrote:

ffstar0716 wrote:

gratz walaowey, now BN notice your map :D
i was wrong :(
:(
CLSW
It's really not good to see how a single BN DQ and runaway
ZiRoX

CLSW wrote:

It's always easier to put the blame on others. Some self-criticism would do you good.

I consider some of your responses insufficient (and Kagari knows this since he approached me about this map and I told him that). In particular:

1. 00:15:594 (1,1,1,1,2) - Xinely backed me up that some of these are actually wrongly snapped, and Kagari also acknowledged it as an issue. Keeping something at the wrong snap for the sake of your pattern is completely wrong: had you put it at the correct snap from the beginning, the pattern would have been different and wouldn't play bad.
  2. 01:03:442 (1,2,3) - "Someone will think that it's overemphasis, but that's just players can't play well with that pattern. It's now too much easy thing in CtB 2017, and we should not stuck in the old things." How is "players can't play well" and "oh, it's hard because there's too much easy stuff" an actual reason?
  3. 01:18:822 (1,2,3) - "I intended to make it hard" isn't an actual reason. Not really fond of it, but an HDash between (1,2) would be much more fitting than (2,3) because 01:19:012 - is a drum + vocal combination.
  4. 01:24:708 (1,2) - 01:25:088 (1,2) - "Perfect triplet key-input experience like the other game do, it's my own invention to convert its input to CtB. Even it's hard but this is the very end of kiai and deserved to be hard, also the key input fits perfectly well with its rhythm so why not. Also that's why I added new combo between these to get better clear-able" What other games or gamemodes do is irrelevant (and I don't even know what game you're talking about). I'm checking the latest pending version and this part isn't in the Kiai, so your reasoning of "this is the very end of the kiai and deserved to the hard" isn't valid.
CLSW
Whatever you came here because my words worked as impetus to let you recheck, nice to see. Thank you!

00:15:594 (1,1,1,1,2) - Give me the actual snapping that which should be 1/4 and which should be 1/6 and 1/8. In this version I've converted them all to 1/6 first
01:03:442 (1,2,3) - I can do well. And the testers which I've requested can do well. Probably it's because of my bad english but I did my best to explain how it works with its vocal emphasis. It's not good to force people who's not good at english to let 'detail' explanation which just because you cannot agree and the mapper likes it. It will hurt the whole game's creativity. Don't you think the patterns are fun?
01:18:822 (1,2,3) - You also didn't say the actual reason. 'more fitting' is the word which is just your perspective. If I think the flow I've used is 'more fitting' then will you accept it? I would say it will be much more fitting than your suggestions because of its drum + vocal combination. The fundamental concept of 'more fitting' is relative and more like an abstract concept so it should be avoided from the reasoning if you don't own this map. I think just you don't want to try to respect each other's differences on mapping style and make every ranked maps as same style due to your post. If it's true don't do that again.
Oops my bad okay fixed
01:24:708 (1,2) - 01:25:088 (1,2) - Correction. The very end of the 'song' not kiai. Okay now?

http://puu.sh/vqwx2/369737cae1.zip
Topic Starter
walaowey
Updated ;w;
Ascendance
CLSW asked me about 1/8 vs. 1/6 in that section, and I think 1/6 sounds much better. Just gonna post here to clarify my stance
ffstar

ZiRoX wrote:

CLSW wrote:

It's always easier to put the blame on others. Some self-criticism would do you good.
It's always good to show some responsibility if you decide to make the map become better and DQ it.
I understand every BN have their own jobs irl, but at least, i mean please, take some of your precious time to recheck what the mapper response.
The mappers are trying their best to fix those critical issues you mentioned, and from what you said:

ZiRoX wrote:

Most of the stuff I pointed was minor and not DQ worth on its own. But the 1/6 thing was DQ worth. So yeah, I should have separated the actual unrankable issue from the rest of the suggestions, my bad there.
The only unrankable stuff was already fixed by the mappers (based on what they replied), so please take some time to push the map forward, at least some ACTIVE discussion will be good as the mappers know what to do, and this map was DQ because of you started the discussion here, so I think you have the responsibility to continue the discussion.

Please stop killing mappers' effort :(
ZiRoX
Kagari has approached me about this mapset a couple of times and all of them I've told him that I don't agree with the responses. In fact, I don't take "there's too much easy stuff on ranked so I made something hard for the sake of being hard" and "english is not my native language so don't make me explain things" as proper responses. Furthermore, CLSW has made some changes that he didn't point out - not even summarize.

Also, it is not my primary responsibility to get the discussion going - the main interested party in getting this ranked are the mappers themselves. And just for your information, I'm in no way obliged to qualify this mapset after the issues are fixed.
Kagari
I don't want to be rude towards you, CLSW... but as one of the GDers in this mapset, please respond to those mods properly. Saying that English language is not your native language is kinda stupid since most of us here are not even a native English speakers in the first place. Heck, even I also have some difficulties in writing stuff in English, not to mention speaking in English too. And yet I still tried to talk and write so that at least they can understand what the heck I'm saying.

I'm sorry but saying that english is not your native language really pissed me off for some reason, maybe because i'm not an english native speaker too.

And also I only have two three options in my hand:
1) Tell CLSW to find two or more mods and find a BN to check the osu!catch diff before telling walaowey to find a BN to push this mapset back to qualified state;

or

2) Force walaowey to remove my GDs on this mapset so that there will be less hassle for this mapset to get re-qualified.

or

3) tried my best to get this re-qualified

I tried to work with other people, but unfortunately it's not as easy as I think.

So calvin, skrg kau tau knape susah sngt nk rank benda jadah ni... bkn sbb BN x nk tolong tp sbb org tu. Jadikan ni sebagai pengajaran utk masa akan datang.
ffstar
Thanks ZiRoX for pointing out the issues.

Hopefully CLSW can give some proper response next time (or if can, at least for those after DQ) so that we can push this mapset forward together.
Topic Starter
walaowey

ZiRoX wrote:

Furthermore, CLSW has made some changes that he didn't point out - not even summarize.
btw, CLSW if u did made changes. please clarify it properly.
we need a proper response from u before this mapset can move any further.

@kagari , yer mmg dri awal lagi bn tolak request sbb diorg x nak deal ngan budak tu, mmg problem die kat situ je
CLSW
There's no definition of 'proper' reason, it's just a difference of point of view on people because 'proper' is an abstract word.
You don't think it's not a proper reason, but I think it's proper reason.

01:03:442 (1,2,3) - While I kinda think the HDashes themselves are acceptable, the quick direction changes feel a bit too much for me. I'd go for normal flow instead for this pattern.
Didn't you poke this part without proper reason? I don't think 'a bit too much for me' is enough to be reasonable. And then don't expect to get 'proper' reason from me.

It's really unfair that modder is able to write suggestions without proper reason and mapper must write responses with proper reason? :thinking:

Please don't make a delay on ranking progress with non-unrankable issue and just opinions to show your power abuse of BN, it's really a bad attitude to mapper. You already know, the unrankable issues were already discussed and done iirc

But I'm a good guy, so I would like to make better reason for here

01:03:442 (1,2,3) - Vocal emphasis, that's what I wanted to talk about. The 1/4 movement with strong vocal fits well for gameplaying and feeling in my sight. They aren't really intense, and also they aren't really calm. It's a common ground of both side. Also if I use normal flow then it has no differentiated shape anymore compared with 01:12:367 (3,4,1) - (drum only, vertical sliders) 01:21:670 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - (keyboard, piano only, pp stream), which is having a weaker sounds, so I think it's my finest one to make actual difference with the others and also good gameplaying.
JBHyperion

CLSW wrote:

There's no definition of 'proper' reason, it's just a difference of point of view on people because 'proper' is an abstract word.
You don't think it's not a proper reason, but I think it's proper reason.
Unfortunately, you don't decide when a map is fit to be qualified or not, the nominator does. Therefore it is the nominator's definition of "proper" that we shall follow.

CLSW wrote:

Please don't make a delay on ranking progress with non-unrankable issue and just opinions to show your power abuse of BN, it's really a bad attitude to mapper. You already know, the unrankable issues were already discussed and done iirc
Maps are not necessarily fit to be qualified simply because they present no unrankable issues. BNs may exercise their right to nominate whatever they deem to be of "suitable quality for ranking" - if their personal quality standards happen to be above the bare minimum required for rankability, and they wish to help push your map towards this higher quality, that is fine. How you come to the conclusion that someone giving up their time to improve your map is an "abuse of power" is beyond me.

It looks like you managed to justify your reasons perfectly fine at the end of your last post - had you done this from the start the map could probably have been pushed forward much quicker than it has been and most of this could have been avoided.
Absolute Zero
Quick mod, as requested.

[Kagari's Rain]
00:23:759 (4,5,6) - Make this a 1/2 repeat slider instead to indicate that the voice has a held note.
00:36:860 (1) - Why is this a 1/1 slider? You appear to be following the voice, and this is the only beat you miss in the phrase on 00:37:050.
01:00:974 (7,1) - An underwhelming jump for the introduction to the kiai. It feels like the jump before it in a weaker pattern and I would at least increase spacing.
01:01:734 (3) - This works better as a 1/1 slider. I can't hear what the repeat slider is following strongly enough.
01:11:607 (6) - A 1/2 repeat slider would work nicely here because it also holds the main beat, like you've done before.

[Kagari's Overdose]
00:04:961 (1,2) - This jump is a little unexpectedly long. You might want to move (2) to x=480 or so.
00:36:291 (6,7,8) - I don't quite see the point of putting these hypers here. I would lower some distances except (8,1) and (6,7).
01:08:284 - Add a hitcircle here. If you're going to follow the other offbeat note, you might as well follow this one as well.
01:16:354 (1,2,3) - Weirdly low spacing here. Are you sure you don't want a kind of ">" shape (each hitcircle being a point on that ">")?
01:26:037 (2,3,1) - These jumps seem excessive for the ending. I would lower distancing a little bit, at least.

[Crystal's Captivation]
00:15:594 (1), 00:16:164 (1), and 00:16:734 (1) - Listening to this on 50% shows that these are 1/4, not 1/6. Preserving the patterns shouldn't be as much of a hassle if you also follow the comment below.
00:15:783 (2), 00:16:353 (2), and 00:16:923 (2) - I don't hear what these slider ends hit--there's total silence here. Please make these hitcircles instead.
00:17:303 (1) - I don't get what the end of this slider hits--it feels like you've put an end here without a particular sound, rather to fit the patterning.
00:23:759 (4,5) - A more minor thing--perhaps you just want to make this a 1/2 repeat slider instead to accent the voice's prolonged hit.
00:59:075 (2,1) - Honestly, I'd rather you follow the guidelines here and lower distance (it's wall-to-wall hyperdashing).
01:00:405 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - This pattern is a HUGE difficulty spike compared to the stuff around it. 01:00:784 (1,2,3) feels really unnatural compared to the combo before it because it forces the player to go in the same direction sharply twice.
01:10:088 (1,2) - This antiflow is really strange to play coming from 01:09:708 (4,1), because I was expecting flow since it's no longer a strong beat it's leading to. Flip (2) around its tail.
01:15:594 (1,2,3,4) - A bit of inconsistency here-- 1/4 dashes at the part 01:03:442 (1,2,3), but you stick with a 1/2 beat here, despite it being a similar call-response line.
01:19:392 (1,2,3,4) - These patterns feel out of place, and the rhythms feel strange partly because 01:19:772 (2,3) is a vocal group, but you've grouped it so 01:19:392 (1,2) seems like the phrase.
CLSW
There's a possibility that a single BN pretends himself to be a helper of map and inversely do a filibuster mod because he personally hates the mapper. I've seen some cases that some BNs tried like that so the map couldn't be ranked forever. Also me and ZiRoX are not friendly with each other, so I needed to have doubts on his action. To solve this, I need a personal talk with him seriously.

Let's just finish this shit over, get on the topic. The others will be welcomed for ingame PM or something more recommended.

00:15:594 (1) from 00:17:683 (2) - In the latest discussion we've tried to keep them as 1/6, take a look at it. Well ofc I'm not sure about it so need more opinions though
00:17:303 (1) - This one meant to be less inertia between 00:17:303 (1,2) - , if it's just a single circle it shall be really hard to catch after that antiflow HDash. This was made for better gameplaying so if you have concern please try to give me the actual common ground like 1/16 snap.
00:23:759 (4,5) - Due to the vocal pitch I wanna keep this
01:00:405 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - It doesn't like leftrightleftrightleftright, it has almost 1-way key input for white tick to next white tick so I don't think it has really huge difficulty spike
01:15:594 (1,2,3,4) - Chorus difference made an actual difference, it's completely different that onegai is 1/4 and dame is 1/2.

Rest of them were fixed, was really helpful mod. Thank you!

http://puu.sh/vLf03/50e25746ad.zip
Kagari

- Magic Meat - wrote:

Quick mod, as requested.

[Kagari's Rain]
00:23:759 (4,5,6) - Make this a 1/2 repeat slider instead to indicate that the voice has a held note. - nah i feel the previous one compared to 1/2 repeating slider okay tried the 1/2 slider and it fits perfectly lol xP
00:36:860 (1) - Why is this a 1/1 slider? You appear to be following the voice, and this is the only beat you miss in the phrase on 00:37:050. - oh shit i missed that... fixed
01:00:974 (7,1) - An underwhelming jump for the introduction to the kiai. It feels like the jump before it in a weaker pattern and I would at least increase spacing. - ok
01:01:734 (3) - This works better as a 1/1 slider. I can't hear what the repeat slider is following strongly enough. - did you mean 1/2 slider?
even still, i prefer the repeat slider... it's more fitting to the vocal imo

01:11:607 (6) - A 1/2 repeat slider would work nicely here because it also holds the main beat, like you've done before. - i would like to but there's no distinctive sound at here 01:11:797 so it's kinda impossible to make it a repeat slider

[Kagari's Overdose]
00:04:961 (1,2) - This jump is a little unexpectedly long. You might want to move (2) to x=480 or so. - ok
00:36:291 (6,7,8) - I don't quite see the point of putting these hypers here. I would lower some distances except (8,1) and (6,7). - tbh i personally liked this hdash pattern a lot coz it fits the vocals perfectly imo... no change
01:08:284 - Add a hitcircle here. If you're going to follow the other offbeat note, you might as well follow this one as well. - ok
01:16:354 (1,2,3) - Weirdly low spacing here. Are you sure you don't want a kind of ">" shape (each hitcircle being a point on that ">")? - the long vocal here is much more fitting for a small flow movement (inb4 i make (1) and (2) as a 1/2 slider to make my point clear)
01:26:037 (2,3,1) - These jumps seem excessive for the ending. I would lower distancing a little bit, at least. - okay
additionally, i resnapped the notes to 1/6 here 01:00:215 (3,4,5,6) - in Rain diff to avoid being sniped for unsnapped notes lol

thanks for the mod!

http://puu.sh/vLrKT/1cb3b178ab.zip
Topic Starter
walaowey
Updated!
JBHyperion
Kagari asked me to take a look at catch diffs

Rain
  1. 00:33:063 (3,4) - Changing this to a 1/1 slider and circle would follow the vocal better and provide a little variety from the monotonous 1/2 spam
  2. 00:44:265 (8,1) - 00:45:784 (8,1) - Even though (1) is a downbeat it's still weak compared to the previous vocal, so dash after hyper feels excessive. Compare this to the small distance you used for 00:47:303 (8,1) - which is the same idea, I would reduce these a little
  3. 00:56:037 (3,4,1) - Kinda weird antiflow dash into hyper considering the past two vocal sounds had normal flow. I'd either remove the antiflow, or at least reduce the distance between (3,4) so the cymbal (with hyper) is more emphasised
  4. 01:02:113 (4,1) - Really unexpected edge dash considering you didn't use any prior to this, think you probably meant for this to be a hyper based on 01:05:151 (4,1) - etc.
  5. 01:18:632 (4,5,6) - Personally looks a bit ugly to me, I'd give these equal spacing if you're not going to put a clear jump on (6)

Overdose
  1. 00:05:911 (4,5,6,7) - Try and make a tighter curve on this for better aesthetic, it looks a bit squashed and flat atm, (5) at x-288 and (6) at x-336 looks a bit nicer
  2. 00:44:265 (7,1) - 00:45:784 (7,1) - Sounds better as slider + circle to follow the vocal phrasing, currently you have a huge jump to the weak downbeat with no vocal and it feels really forced. Switching this will provide variety and a better match to the rhythm
  3. 01:01:101 (6,1) - Not a fan of this 1/6 hyper into antiflow, very snappy and really easy to miss right at the start of the kiai and fail. If you could make at least the start of the slider a bit more vertical it would be more lenient, and/or perhaps try reducing the hyper strength a bit
  4. 01:07:620 (3,4) - Quite unexpected high spacing going into hyper, I'd reduce this a little bit
  5. 01:08:284 (6,7) - Weird place to put a regular 1/4 dash considering you didn't have any elsewhere in the diff. Personally this sounds and plays better if you remove 01:08:284 (6) - and stick to a simpler 1/2 dash, keeping 1/4 on the clearer triplet at 01:08:569 (7,8,1) - for contrast

Captivation
  1. 00:11:607 (2,3,1) - Unexpectedly harsh double antiflow pattern, considering how calm the music on (3) is making that repeat slider face right instead feels better to play and gives (1) more emphasis in comparison
  2. 00:15:025 (1,2,3) - Not sure why you want to force an antiflowing hyper and dash here, the drums are really not strong at all compared to the surrounding music. The sound that's actually strong, the vocal on the head of (1) which is the same strength as 00:14:075 (1,4) - , doesn't even have a hyper. If you really want to emphasise the drum there, you don't need an antiflow kickback to do it. 00:15:215 (2,3) - could even be combined into the same slider considering how weak (3) is)
  3. 00:17:873 (1,1,2) - Since (1,2) are just weak kick drum sounds, the amount of movement here is really quite excessive, no? I don't really mind the antiflow as such, but 00:18:253 (1) - at x-320 would be more fitting in such a calm section
  4. 00:48:537 (6,7,8) - Doesn't make much sense to have 1/4 dash to strong vocal on (7), then a double hyper when (8) is a really weak note. By the logic of your previous patterns, (6,7) should be a 1/4 hyper and (7,8) should probably be walkable, or maybe a small dash - certainly not a hyper
  5. 01:01:037 (3,1) - As I said in Kagari's diff, this 1/6 hyper into antiflow is a real pain and so easy to overshoot. I get that this isn't supposed to be an easy diff, but this is just not a fair or expectable pattern at all. Please consider either reducing the hyper strength, making (1) initially vertical e.g. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8117209 or a combination of both
  6. 01:19:202 (3,1) - Given the level of antiflow usage prior to this, and the fact that the vocal here is considerably calmer than 01:17:683 (1,1) - for example, I feel this would be much better with normal flow with (1) being Ctrl+H-ed and moved to x-32
  7. 01:24:708 (1,2,1,2) - Intensity of this pattern is excessive considering the calmness of the music. You should be saving your intense spacings for the much stronger 01:25:468 (1,2,3,4,1) - rather than making them feel watered down by putting a spicy antiflow pattern right before it where it's unnecessary. You probably still want to keep it though, so try 01:24:708 (1) - at x-368 and 01:25:088 (1) - at x-128 for a bit more leniency and better emphasis
  8. 01:27:177 (2,3,4,5) - Personally would prefer more of a curve here, given the previous patterns' intensity this presents as a bit of a flowbreaker
Diffs are generally decent, just tried to tidy up some inconsistencies and weird stuff. I personally wouldn't have gone for such an antiflow-heavy approach on the top diff, but I guess it can work so I just tried to cut out the unexpectedly harsh parts.

Hope this helps, good luck! (:
Kagari

JBHyperion wrote:

Kagari asked me to take a look at catch diffs

Rain
  1. 00:33:063 (3,4) - Changing this to a 1/1 slider and circle would follow the vocal better and provide a little variety from the monotonous 1/2 spam - i couldnt agree with this part but i did change the two sliders before the ones you've mentioned into 4 circles to justify the variety
  2. 00:44:265 (8,1) - 00:45:784 (8,1) - Even though (1) is a downbeat it's still weak compared to the previous vocal, so dash after hyper feels excessive. Compare this to the small distance you used for 00:47:303 (8,1) - which is the same idea, I would reduce these a little - i tried reduce the space but i still feel that the downbeat is still prominent no matter how much i changed the distance to the said downbeat... no change
  3. 00:56:037 (3,4,1) - Kinda weird antiflow dash into hyper considering the past two vocal sounds had normal flow. I'd either remove the antiflow, or at least reduce the distance between (3,4) so the cymbal (with hyper) is more emphasised - removed the antiflow and make it normal flow instead
  4. 01:02:113 (4,1) - Really unexpected edge dash considering you didn't use any prior to this, think you probably meant for this to be a hyper based on 01:05:151 (4,1) - etc. - oops missed this one lmao kill me pls
  5. 01:18:632 (4,5,6) - Personally looks a bit ugly to me, I'd give these equal spacing if you're not going to put a clear jump on (6) - sure

Overdose
  1. 00:05:911 (4,5,6,7) - Try and make a tighter curve on this for better aesthetic, it looks a bit squashed and flat atm, (5) at x-288 and (6) at x-336 looks a bit nicer - okay
  2. 00:44:265 (7,1) - 00:45:784 (7,1) - Sounds better as slider + circle to follow the vocal phrasing, currently you have a huge jump to the weak downbeat with no vocal and it feels really forced. Switching this will provide variety and a better match to the rhythm - i still like this pattern a lot even tho i tried change it a lot (the same reason as rain). no change
  3. 01:01:101 (6,1) - Not a fan of this 1/6 hyper into antiflow, very snappy and really easy to miss right at the start of the kiai and fail. If you could make at least the start of the slider a bit more vertical it would be more lenient, and/or perhaps try reducing the hyper strength a bit - reduced and made the slider a lil bit more vertical
  4. 01:07:620 (3,4) - Quite unexpected high spacing going into hyper, I'd reduce this a little bit - reduced
  5. 01:08:284 (6,7) - Weird place to put a regular 1/4 dash considering you didn't have any elsewhere in the diff. Personally this sounds and plays better if you remove 01:08:284 (6) - and stick to a simpler 1/2 dash, keeping 1/4 on the clearer triplet at 01:08:569 (7,8,1) - for contrast - auck fz

Hope this helps, good luck! (:
thx a lot for the mods jbabe <3

http://puu.sh/vW5ms/e73da2c81b.zip
CLSW
01:19:202 (3,1) - It's still weak enough because 01:18:822 (1,2) - has HDash but 01:19:012 (2,3) - isn't, I think it's enough to make sense
01:24:708 (1,2,1,2) - 01:24:329 (1)'s length is actually longer than your suggestion. The jump distances on 01:24:329 (1) - , 01:24:708 (1,2) - , and 01:25:088 (1,2) - increased by 1 space in grid level 2, it means the longest distance has total 6 spaces and I don't think the 1/2 jump with 6 spaces isn't that long even it has 1/4 hyperantiflow. If its bpm was higher like 160~170 I'd consider but generally it's Overdose+ difficulty so players who play Overdose+ usually can take that inertia very well imo. Same reason goes with the atmosphere of the song, but reduced a bit

Rest of them were fixed, thank you!

http://puu.sh/vYsJf/e027dda9e9.zip
Topic Starter
walaowey
Updated!
Benita
requested by walaowey

Kagari's Rain
  1. haha one thing i notice in both your diffs is that literally all patterns have like inverted patterns like this 00:20:531 (2,3,4) - if you understand what I mean xD Would be nice to see some variation and maybe change some sliders so they point outwards so it doesn't feel so repetitive but I guess it's your style so it's up to you lol
  2. 00:04:961 (1,2) - I don't think this is fitting as the first hyper of the map, kinda ruins the mood on 00:05:911 (4,1) -
  3. 00:30:405 (3,4,5,6) - More like a personal thing, but would be nice if the streams had a nicer curve by moving 5 like two grids or so to the left, same applies here 01:21:670 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - for 2 and 6 xd
Kagari's Poidose
  1. Yeah, as I said in Rain, generally would be nice to see less inverted slider patterns etcetc
  2. 00:03:253 (5,1) - is hyper needed here, I get it's a downbeat and all but I don't feel like the beat stands out enough
  3. 00:21:575 - Could spice up the rhythm a bit by adding a note here as the violin or whatever it is has been mapped a lot later in the song
  4. 00:24:329 (5,6) - same sound as 00:27:367 (5,6,7,8) - so why not a stream
  5. 00:33:727 - same as before
  6. 00:36:480 (7,8) - and again, can add a stream
  7. 00:39:518 (6,7,8,9) - same as in rain, could try smoothing out the curve by moving 7 to the right, same here 01:12:556 (4,5,6,7) -
  8. 00:45:405 (5,6,7,1) - Why so many hypers in a row? Like this one is fine 00:43:886 (5,6,7,1) - cause it's just a double hyper but the music doesn't change to the second pattern so maybe remove at least one hyper
Crystal's Captivation
  1. This difficulty feels a bit overdone to me, has a lot of strong antiflow that just doesn't fit the music imo. The song isn't this intense ): also i don't like the extended sliders.... 01:01:164 (1,2) - 01:01:734 (3,4) - like these can easily be 1/1 sliders instead, there's no beat on the slider tail and the antiflow is just not fitting.
  2. 00:11:607 (2,3) - why antiflow here? I'd rather remove a repeat and put a single note with a dash to it
  3. 00:15:025 (1) - same here, also nc isn't needed
  4. 00:15:594 (1,1,1,2) - make these 1/4 and this 00:17:303 (1) - 3/4 slider to catch the vocals, this weird snapping doesn't fit at all
  5. 00:17:873 (1,1) - I expected this to be a dash looking at the previous patterns, also you can remove nc on the second note there
  6. 00:59:455 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4) - this is like 4 antiflow patterns in a row, try reducing the amount of antiflow
  7. 01:03:442 (1,2) - the fact that there's no beat on the slider ends and it's this antiflowy doesn't fit very well
  8. 01:17:683 (1,1,1,2,1,2,3,1) - wwwwww all the antiflow
  9. 01:24:329 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - saaameee
My main issue here is crystal's diff being a bit overdone with antiflow but let's see after he applies my mod
Kagari

Benny- wrote:

requested by walaowey - calvin mah boiii <3

Kagari's Rain
  1. haha one thing i notice in both your diffs is that literally all patterns have like inverted patterns like this 00:20:531 (2,3,4) - if you understand what I mean xD Would be nice to see some variation and maybe change some sliders so they point outwards so it doesn't feel so repetitive but I guess it's your style so it's up to you lol - i get what you mean but when I mapped this song i kinda felt that the inverted pattern works well with some of the sections. i do try experimenting them before by making it outwards like you've suggested but it feels kinda odd so i stick to the previous pattern in the end
  2. 00:04:961 (1,2) - I don't think this is fitting as the first hyper of the map, kinda ruins the mood on 00:05:911 (4,1) - - removed the hyper
  3. 00:30:405 (3,4,5,6) - More like a personal thing, but would be nice if the streams had a nicer curve by moving 5 like two grids or so to the left, same applies here 01:21:670 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - for 2 and 6 xd - ay moved them by a grid
Kagari's Poidose
  1. Yeah, as I said in Rain, generally would be nice to see less inverted slider patterns etcetc - same as what i've mention in rain
  2. 00:03:253 (5,1) - is hyper needed here, I get it's a downbeat and all but I don't feel like the beat stands out enough - i'm trying to emphasize the vocal here with the hyper
  3. 00:21:575 - Could spice up the rhythm a bit by adding a note here as the violin or whatever it is has been mapped a lot later in the song - ay
  4. 00:24:329 (5,6) - same sound as 00:27:367 (5,6,7,8) - so why not a stream - trying to focus on the vocals on 5 and 6 there and emphasize abit, so it's kinda weird to have the part stream instead imo.
  5. 00:33:727 - same as before - ay
  6. 00:36:480 (7,8) - and again, can add a stream - same as above, trying to emphasize the vocals more imo
  7. 00:39:518 (6,7,8,9) - same as in rain, could try smoothing out the curve by moving 7 to the right, same here 01:12:556 (4,5,6,7) - - okey~
  8. 00:45:405 (5,6,7,1) - Why so many hypers in a row? Like this one is fine 00:43:886 (5,6,7,1) - cause it's just a double hyper but the music doesn't change to the second pattern so maybe remove at least one hyper - i kinda want to emphasize the vocals here by making a row of hyperdashes (also i can feel that this 00:45:405 (5,6) - has a lil bit more emphasis than this 00:43:886 (5,6) - in terms of vocal)
thanks for the mod benny~ <3
requalifying no poi, one step at a time
CLSW
00:11:987 (3) - Drum sounds are pretty strong compared with the others imo, so I think antiflow works well for here
01:03:442 (1,2) - Vocal says "Onegai" with 1/4 and the pitch increases at 'gai' which is antiflow on 01:03:632 (2) , so this is why I think it's justified
01:24:329 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - Decreased every antiflow sliders' distances a bit
I've tried to change some extended sliders like 01:01:164 (1,2) - to straight flow, but it was too boring with just one-way movement. It's completely not my favorite and I really need more accent movements on every sliders' tail so I really really wanna keep them but just only one part I've fixed into straight flow is 01:04:202 (1,2,3,4) - , this has lower tense compared with the other kiai parts

Others were fixed, thanks for checking!

http://puu.sh/wk1v7/570c85023a.zip
Topic Starter
walaowey
Updated!
-Sh1n1-

I'm here because Benny- #Let'sRankMoreCtbMaps2k17

Minato Yukina's Overdose

1. Before nominate this, add video to your diff please >.<
  2. 00:17:683 - 01:00:215 - they have a purpose or they are unnecessary? (I mean, timing points)
  3. 00:26:797 (2,3) - vs 00:38:949 (3,4) - you can keep hyperdash or remove but keep consistency, up to you bro.
  4. 00:30:215 - 00:30:310 - 00:30:405 - I just want to point out if you skip such prominent vocal in 1/4 on purpose or you didn't notice? I took a look to many of your replies and you are always saying that you don't want to change 01:03:442 (1,2) - cause you are following vocals, so the question is: why not follow vocal here too? is very noticeable at playing cause there isn't enough movement at this part.
  5. 01:18:442 - and 01:18:632 - are stronger than 01:18:822 - but there is only hyper dash between 01:18:632 (2,1) -
  6. 01:21:954 (4,5) - will be more interesting if you add hyper dash here too, such part is intense enough to support it imo.
  7. 01:25:468 (1,2,3,4) - I like this tbh, but I think that it shouldn't be a mirrored pattern for the following reason: the sound of 01:25:848 - is not the same as 01:26:417 -, for me 01:26:037 (3,4) - should be a hyper dash between such notes.
  8. 01:27:746 (5,6,7) - is the ending of the song and intensity decreased a lot, such vocal doesn't deserve hyper dash tbh, it's overenphasized, in the other hand 01:28:316 - is the strongest sound of this section, the hyper dash should be between 01:28:126 (7,1) - only.

That's all, ctb and taiko is ready to go imo, best of lucks guys, benny will re-check so I'll leave it to her, cya.
CLSW
Added HDash on 01:27:177 (2) - and everything has been removed, still I think this one is good enough with HDash since its vocal pitch deserves

Others were fixed! Thanks a lot!

http://puu.sh/wkTnL/c6c1cb4137.zip

@walaowey don't forget to add 'Minato Yukina' on tags
Topic Starter
walaowey

-Sh1n1- wrote:

Minato Yukina's Overdose

1. Before nominate this, add video to your diff please >.<
added video, thanks for the check xD

added Minato Yukina into tags

All updated!
Topic Starter