forum

Halozy - Kanshou no Matenrou

posted
Total Posts
show more
Monstrata
The reason why post-qualification mods are met with such drama is cuz

1. They didn't ask for or want a mod.
2. Anything you say would basically be an attack on their map because you are pointing out stuff that may or may not be an issue for the purpose of drawing attention and calling them out for low quality works etc...

Even if Hula's mod was with good intention, it is done in poor taste. If you don't like a map, you're welcome to say so. But writing out long-winded mods, and especially, mentioning that you only spent x amount of time modding, will make your mod seem like an attack on the mapper. You are basically saying "I only spent x amount of time, and came up with this huge list of errors". It's unnecessary and flat out distasteful.

The overall disqualification process here could have been better. Peppy purposefully had that disqualification message drafted to make the disqualification process less overwhelming and absolute. We should follow it because especially within a global community where English is not everyone's native tongue, passive-aggressive statements can easily be interpreted as personal attacks.

Keada, this disqualification process wasn't handled as well as it could have been. Don't give up please! You have BN's who support your work and would certainly be willing to help with re-qualifying.
Topic Starter
Keada
Ok, maybe I overreacted too much ._.
But sometimes, when I get to much critique, I just give up on things because thats who I am, but seeing all the support I got after this overreacting was, yeah I dont know how to explain it ;-;

Sorry I overreacted, and I will see what I can do later with the spacing issues.
I just want a little break first, since this was too much for me.

Thank you all thats been supporting me <3
Ill go back today when I have had a little break QQ
ac8129464363

monstrata wrote:

The reason why post-qualification mods are met with such drama is cuz

1. They didn't ask for or want a mod.
2. Anything you say would basically be an attack on their map because you are pointing out stuff that may or may not be an issue for the purpose of drawing attention and calling them out for low quality works etc...
I don't agree with this sentiment. You shouldn't expect only mods you've asked for. This is a community-run system, and as such it's important that any opinion can be shared, so long as the person isn't being unreasonably rude about it.

An attack on your ideas isn't a bad thing at all, to be honest. If anything it shows you a different viewpoint, and there's nothing stopping you from defending your ideas, as long as you can come up with a valid, satisfying response.
-Tochi

Keada wrote:

Ok, maybe I overreacted too much ._.
But sometimes, when I get to much critique, I just give up on things because thats who I am, but seeing all the support I got after this overreacting was, yeah I dont know how to explain it ;-;

Sorry I overreacted, and I will see what I can do later with the spacing issues.
I just want a little break first, since this was too much for me.

Thank you all thats been supporting me <3
Ill go back today when I have had a little break QQ
Glad to see you back in osu Keada :)

You really have improved mapping since the first time, it's too early to quit everything.
DQ's are sad, yes, but it won't help the map's state with some text, but with some mods and improvements.
Tbh, first time i saw this map (like 30 min ago) i was like "wow, good map", so please don't make the people who loves your maps cry by leaving us!
This whole DQ might even have improved you by now ;)

Good luck with everything from now on! I can't wait to see your future maps! \(#´▽`)人(´▽`#)ノ
Monstrata
@deetz Hmm true true. Wrote that at 4am lel. I still think the approach here could have been better but i'm glad Keada decided not to give up on the set.
CXu

Hula wrote:

Hula wrote:

This is in no way a personal attack or whatever, take it as a mod. I haven't seen this map ever before and someone thought ti needed more modding and here I am.
This. Read this. I'm not going to pander to your emotions. Nor should anyone else. Mods are a necessary part of the map making process, it is akin to peer-reviewing in the scientific community, it encourages end products of higher quality.
Well, if you know some people might feel like your mod is a personal attack (as you state yourself to not take it as such), then maybe consider wording it differently? Making mappers angry and/or discouraged about their map is quite counterproductive to your goal of improving the map, don't you think?

Yes, it shouldn't matter how you say your criticism, but it does, and wording can go a long way to encourage rather than discourage mappers.
Cherry Blossom
You know, that's just a game. Not your life.
Asfand
rank denne pls.
Vil ha min 90% acc pass
-Tochi

Asfand wrote:

rank denne pls.
Vil ha min 90% acc pass
Jeg vil have min SS pass :^)
Daeymieh

Cherry Blossom wrote:

You know, some people take things like this more serious than other do.
neonat

Daeymieh wrote:

Cherry Blossom wrote:

You know, some people take things like this more serious than other do.
so? lol
Topic Starter
Keada

neonat wrote:

Cherry Blossom wrote:

so? lol
These are the kind of persons thats dragging this community down...just saying

Edit:What's even the reason for these comments?
Daeymieh

neonat wrote:

so? lol
You know, instead of posting stupid comments that are only firing up the whole drama in here you two could maybe think about a way to help to calm everything down. Just an idea.
BrownsterJr
Im no special dude in the osu community but meh whatever, this map was fucking awesome, its so chill :3 its the type of map id play if i didnt care about ranks, i just wanted to listen to a good song and click some circles for fun. I dont really know how else to word it, but its just nice, like a faster version of https://osu.ppy.sh/b/281843 <3
Cherry Blossom
Lol wow, I didn't know you, guys could be offended like that, sorry if i looked agressive. It seems people are overreacting here uuh.
If we could avoid dramas here....

btw

Keada wrote:

uuuh what ?
Yuii-
You are probably the best Call of Duty players I've ever seen in my life. Could you please discuss about the beatmap and only about that?
Holy mother of God this game.
Cherry Blossom
And you're probably the best meme BN, holy mother of god this game.

Some things.
  1. 03:30:326 (5,6,7) - things like this are weird to play, the previous patterns are fast, i mean there is a high spacing between objects. And here, after a kick slider the spacing is kinda confusing, it gives a weird impression when the spacing between 03:30:654 (6,7) - is close.At least, it could be better if you increase the distance between 03:30:654 (6,7) -
    same for 01:45:408 (4,5,6,1) - etc.
  2. 03:32:785 (2,4) - avoid this kind of overlap, it is ugly and it is not difficult to fix to give a better impression on visuals.
no kd.
Trust

Keada wrote:

Keada wrote:

For the 2nd youre saying this is nowhere good enough for rank? Why is this shitmap ranked then?https://osu.ppy.sh/s/350528
This is one of the most horrible maps of this song that Ive seen...I havent seen the mania map, but the Std map looks like shit and it plays like shit..
This thread is baffling.
dqs01733

Trust wrote:

Keada wrote:

Keada wrote:

For the 2nd youre saying this is nowhere good enough for rank? Why is this shitmap ranked then?https://osu.ppy.sh/s/350528
This is one of the most horrible maps of this song that Ive seen...I havent seen the mania map, but the Std map looks like shit and it plays like shit..
This thread is baffling.
Mikii
quit the game

if not

map more
Topic Starter
Keada
Just took a break,
Gonna work on the mods I got soon.
Topic Starter
Keada

Hula wrote:

This is in no way a personal attack or whatever, take it as a mod. I haven't seen this map ever before and someone thought ti needed more modding and here I am.

[General]
I'm gonna try keep away from questioning your spacing too much, since well, it would make the mod much more time consuming for myself, and I only plan to do this for 20-30 mins.
check your blankets too.
The timeline rhythms are fine, but the patterns on the playscreen lack a lot of structure.

Okay, so at the start, already I'm under the impression that you struggle with emphasising with spacing correctly, this is a first impression mind you. You happily space 00:26:555 (2,3) - , which is understandable to a point, but then you won't space this 00:27:375 (6,1) - , musically in every sense this is a stronger beat, it's a louder sound, it's the start of the new bar, it's a downbeat. This should be spaced more. Fixed this

00:35:244 (9,1) - These should not be stacked, these have piano samples landing on the ticks, also it's a downbeat, why would you suddenly stack it like that. true, fixed this as well

In the first kiai, considering this is the type of map you've made, it bewilders me why you would put a 1/1 slider right over the top of that downbeat, I know you wanna get that epic sample mapped, but a 1/2 slider on the red tick ending on the downbeat is a much better compromise, right now you're missing 50% of the strongest beats in the first kiai. This Ill have to say no to, because in this kiai the strong beat starts at 01:05:408 - after what im mapping here
01:11:801 (6) - Should be 1/2 circles instead to emphasise the synth better (let's just call it a synth now), currently it's the only time it's mapped like that and it's odd. I see, fixed to something a little bit different

01:19:998 (1,2,3) - What the hell happened to the spacing here, 2 to 3 should never be that large, there's nothing in the music for that. Fixed
01:20:654 (7,8,9) - Same with this random spacing. ^
01:21:309 (1,2,3,4,5) - Sorry, but what? ^
01:25:244 (1,2) - No 3/4 rhythm hear at all, not even in the vocals, same with basically all of them in this kiai. It is because, you dont hear any music on the red tick here, but its a strong clap on the next white tick, and thats why I mapped thos 3/4s
01:26:228 (5,6) - Why is this spacing as large as the rest in this pattern? it's not even got a drum beat on it, it's got a vocal on it, but it's different. Also this pattern lacks structure, like that 5-6 placement could be way neater and included in some sort of pattern. Fixed this pattern
01:27:539 (5) - Why is this vocal pattern now a slider? but before it was 2.0 ds spacing 1/2 circles. oops fixed
01:32:949 (1) - Why is this spaced less in this pattern, though imo it shouldn't be, but then later on, 01:40:818 (1) - you would do this sort of massive spacing. 01:39:178 (6,1) - I like this spacing though, because of the hold, real cool. oke fixed
02:09:834 (1,2,3,4) - Why did you stop suddenly mapping the piano? That was sudden and unexpected, since you mapped the piano here on the red tick, 02:09:178 (5,6,1) - , it feels broken, especially as in the next bar you map it like this 02:10:982 (5,6,7) - obviously to try include all the piano bits with less intensity. As it stands, it's inconsistent at this part. 02:15:080 (1,2,3) - It works fine here though. Not sure what you mean here? I am mapping after drums and vocal??
02:21:801 (2,5,1) - Spacing? not sure what you mean here??
02:24:014 (6,1) - Ugly as a mangled cat. youre ugly
02:26:719 (1) - I was expecting a spacing increase here, since it's like the ugly as a mangled cat part, with the cymbal landing on the half beat before the downbeat. fixed
02:27:211 (2) - Should be 1/2 circles instead, currently feels wonky that you put the vocals on the end part and then put those batshit crazy 1/4 sliders there. not sure, dont think so tbh its more fitted with a 1/2 slider here, but I fixed the spacing
02:27:539 (3,4,5,6) - This probably shouldn't even be 1/4 sliders here at all. All you can hear is a buzz basically. Rather, you should just map the vocals, making a jump pattern from that. If you are gonna keep the 1/4 sliders, reconsider that spacing and also structure it, it currently lacks it entirely. Fixed the pattern tho

In this part again, these 3/4 things really aren't appropriate for 95% of the time, there is no 3/4, you don't even try to make an effort of reducing the slider end volume to offset the made up rhythm, which could be a workaround, since your hitnormal is very bass heavy and it makes you think you're hitting the drums. I think it sounds way better with 3/4 on those sliders, and if its about hitsounds? then Ill just fix the soft instead on those
02:46:555 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - This spacing seems very extreme to what we've seen mostly in the map, apart from the batshit crazy 1/4 sliders. Especially since this part isn't even that intense. It's spaced more than the next part with the sick saxophone and the kiais. What are you talking about? this is one of the most intense parts of the song? do you have bad ears?

I really like the sax part at 2:51, I like the rhythms chose, maybe not the patterns sooo much, but the rhythms are nice.
02:51:637 (1,2,3) - Nice rhythm, but a missed chance of having structured rhythm here along the y-axis, for no reason whatsoever. fixed it
02:55:244 (6,7) - What's up with the spacing, it's suddenly huge, this is the calmer part of the section, i'd also strictly use sliders for the sax and circles for other things in this part, for emphasis and consistency, if you get me. youre right. fixed it now
02:58:687 (3) - 100% should be 1/2 slider, there's a sound on the red tick, not at all on the blue. true there. fixed it
03:00:654 (5,1) - Why does the spacing reduce here onto the downbeat which has the sax, but the red tick has greater spacing with nothing on it. thats true, no idea why. Fixed
02:55:736 (1) - Same here with the 1/2 slider thing, apply this thing the whole time throughout now. Things I said above ^
03:01:637 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - This lacks structure and any kind of emphasis, there's the jump pattern with the sax, then suddenly the sax comes in and the same sort of thing is going on, no discernible difference, which shouldn't be the case, since this map doesn't have much restrictions on itself. not sure what you meant?? :S
03:04:588 (5) - Delete circle, stack the next (1) on the (4), like you've been doing the whole song so far. Huh? what are you talking about? Im mapping after the music here and there is another rhythm in this timeline???

OKAY. time's up, I will complete the mod if you accept any of this and you want it ofc.
Thanks

Cherry Blossom wrote:

And you're probably the best meme BN, holy mother of god this game.

Some things.
  1. 03:30:326 (5,6,7) - things like this are weird to play, the previous patterns are fast, i mean there is a high spacing between objects. And here, after a kick slider the spacing is kinda confusing, it gives a weird impression when the spacing between 03:30:654 (6,7) - is close.At least, it could be better if you increase the distance between 03:30:654 (6,7) -
    same for 01:45:408 (4,5,6,1) - etc.
  2. 03:32:785 (2,4) - avoid this kind of overlap, it is ugly and it is not difficult to fix to give a better impression on visuals.
no kd.

Fixed the things above here ^
And thanks!
pkhg
u broke rumia's heart

Topic Starter
Keada

pkhg wrote:

u broke rumia's heart

Rip

l1mi

Am I the only one here who thought this map was more fun before a single mod where made? Some parts might look better, but it was more epic before. Didnt have any problem understanding any part of the map either, only aiming it.

Its like every mod kills a bit of creativity and fun.
HiBye
00:59:014 (1) - i think it would be better to start streaming from this point...
Topic Starter
Keada

[ C Y ] wrote:

00:59:014 (1) - i think it would be better to start streaming from this point...
nah, doesnt matter where it starts here
RVMathew
Hi there. I am doing this mod to fulfill my obligation to you.
Obligation
You posted in my queue t/336458/start=30 7 months ago for a NM request on this map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/716576. I do not know whether you will pick that map up again, so as compensation for not modding earlier I am doing this mod for you.

Note that whatever I say is my own opinion so you do not have to follow everything I say. Note that as I am not used to AR9+ some parts will be quite very subjective due to my lack of speed.

Sightread result
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4387319

1) :idea: 00:15:736 - I notice that around here you can hear the sound of the waves, and they are getting louder and quieter. I was thinking of manipulating the spinner volume with timing points to reflect the volume of the waves going up or down. I think it makes the beatmap more interesting but if you think it is tacky and not worthwhile, ignore it.

2) 00:28:523 (5) - I did trip up here, because I was expecting this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4387355. That was on my sightread though so you do not have to change it at all. I just wanted to mention that to you.

3) 00:32:785 From here to the spinner, the music increases in volume. Wouldn't it be better to increase the hitsound volume to reflect the build up in music? More timing points = smoother increase in music.

4) 00:34:752 (6,7,8,9) - I do not know whether you were trying to make a perfect square. If not ignore this. Otherwise I would use ctrl+shift+d as a guide.

5) 00:45:244 (3,4,5) - I do know you are following the back rhythm, but since the vocals are prominent, why not use a 1/2 slider? Note that when I do mods or make maps, I put more emphasis on vocals, so this part is very subjective.

6) 00:57:703 As the rhythm increases in volume, I would again reflect that with timing points; successive timing points have an increase in volume.

7) 01:02:867 I think you should silence the slider end: maybe put it at 10-15% volume to make it less prominent.

8) :idea: 01:14:752 Onwards. You know the trumpet at the back? I was thinking of using hitwhistles to emphasize the trumpet, or if you wanted to go further, maybe keysound the trumpet?

9) 01:29:342 (2,3) - Considering point 2, they are not on the same line. I was thinking of shifting 3 so it looks like this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4387395. This is me being very anal.

10) 01:58:687 (4) - Shift to (240,112) so it is aligned with the previous slider. I am curious as to why you turn to linear mapping? I do like that actually and the simplicity just makes it better.

11) 01:59:342 (1,2,3) - Thanks to the way stacking works, 1 and 3 are aligned properly but 2 and 3 are not aligned properly in the x direction. I recommend making 2 a partial stack so then you can have 1, 2 and 3 on the same x-coordinate.

12) 02:06:555 (1) - Shorten this to a 3/2 slider and add a note at 02:07:211 (2). I know you are following something but I cannot name it. The reason I suggest the change is that at 02:07:211 (2) There is a vocal bit, which also happens to be on the big tick. This indicates that it is a strong beat so it would make sense to have this as a clickable bit.
- Applies to 02:17:047 (1) -

13) 02:28:195 I was thinking this bit could be a kiai area.

14) 03:09:506 (1,2) - Silence the slider ends if you are following vocals.

15) 03:33:113 (3,4,5,6) - For symmetrical reasons, copy one side and reflect it via the y-axis so it looks like this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4387424. I like symmetry at times.

16) 04:44:868: Storyboard inspired by J.J Abrams (what is with the lens flare)?
Final thoughts
I really like this beatmap. I think in terms of rhythm, solid. Jumps: good and thanks to the smaller circle size, it looks less clustered and messy. I was very anal with some things but they may make a huge difference.

Good luck, and PM me via osu website if you want the other map I mentioned early on in the post checked.
Topic Starter
Keada

RVMathew wrote:

Hi there. I am doing this mod to fulfill my obligation to you.
Obligation
You posted in my queue t/336458/start=30 7 months ago for a NM request on this map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/716576. I do not know whether you will pick that map up again, so as compensation for not modding earlier I am doing this mod for you.

Note that whatever I say is my own opinion so you do not have to follow everything I say. Note that as I am not used to AR9+ some parts will be quite very subjective due to my lack of speed.

Sightread result
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4387319

1) :idea: 00:15:736 - I notice that around here you can hear the sound of the waves, and they are getting louder and quieter. I was thinking of manipulating the spinner volume with timing points to reflect the volume of the waves going up or down. I think it makes the beatmap more interesting but if you think it is tacky and not worthwhile, ignore it. I did it

2) 00:28:523 (5) - I did trip up here, because I was expecting this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4387355. That was on my sightread though so you do not have to change it at all. I just wanted to mention that to you. Hmm, Ill think about it

3) 00:32:785 From here to the spinner, the music increases in volume. Wouldn't it be better to increase the hitsound volume to reflect the build up in music? More timing points = smoother increase in music. Tried it a bit

4) 00:34:752 (6,7,8,9) - I do not know whether you were trying to make a perfect square. If not ignore this. Otherwise I would use ctrl+shift+d as a guide. I wasnt going for perfect but I fixed it a bit xd

5) 00:45:244 (3,4,5) - I do know you are following the back rhythm, but since the vocals are prominent, why not use a 1/2 slider? Note that when I do mods or make maps, I put more emphasis on vocals, so this part is very subjective. Im going for back rhythm all the time so, I want to keep it consistent

6) 00:57:703 As the rhythm increases in volume, I would again reflect that with timing points; successive timing points have an increase in volume. did a bit

7) 01:02:867 I think you should silence the slider end: maybe put it at 10-15% volume to make it less prominent. fixed

8) :idea: 01:14:752 Onwards. You know the trumpet at the back? I was thinking of using hitwhistles to emphasize the trumpet, or if you wanted to go further, maybe keysound the trumpet? Good Idea, Ill do it elsewhere I hear it as well

9) 01:29:342 (2,3) - Considering point 2, they are not on the same line. I was thinking of shifting 3 so it looks like this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4387395. This is me being very anal. Being linear isnt very fun D:

10) 01:58:687 (4) - Shift to (240,112) so it is aligned with the previous slider. I am curious as to why you turn to linear mapping? I do like that actually and the simplicity just makes it better. View>stacking, see now

11) 01:59:342 (1,2,3) - Thanks to the way stacking works, 1 and 3 are aligned properly but 2 and 3 are not aligned properly in the x direction. I recommend making 2 a partial stack so then you can have 1, 2 and 3 on the same x-coordinate. huh?

12) 02:06:555 (1) - Shorten this to a 3/2 slider and add a note at 02:07:211 (2). I know you are following something but I cannot name it. The reason I suggest the change is that at 02:07:211 (2) There is a vocal bit, which also happens to be on the big tick. This indicates that it is a strong beat so it would make sense to have this as a clickable bit.
- Applies to 02:17:047 (1) - Fixed it

13) 02:28:195 I was thinking this bit could be a kiai area. Same, why I didnt do it is a good question

14) 03:09:506 (1,2) - Silence the slider ends if you are following vocals. done

15) 03:33:113 (3,4,5,6) - For symmetrical reasons, copy one side and reflect it via the y-axis so it looks like this: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4387424. I like symmetry at times. Fixed

16) 04:44:868: Storyboard inspired by J.J Abrams (what is with the lens flare)?
Final thoughts
I really like this beatmap. I think in terms of rhythm, solid. Jumps: good and thanks to the smaller circle size, it looks less clustered and messy. I was very anal with some things but they may make a huge difference.

Good luck, and PM me via osu website if you want the other map I mentioned early on in the post checked.
Thanks for mod and feedback :D Helps alot, even tho I forgot this map for a while D:
Strategas
queue

[general]

delayed hitsounds ~5 ms soft-hitclap.wav and soft-slidertick.wav

[dff]

01:23:605 - 04:21:965 - probably missed normal addition

01:36:719 (5) - this feels lacking emphasis, move further a bit or something

02:43:932 (1) - it would make more sense if the spacing started bigger but then gradually decreased, because the tone of the music and voice is getting weaker

02:59:178 (5,6,7) - flow is pretty bad here

03:16:719 (1) - this is pretty huge jump, could ctrl g 03:16:391 (5) - and move it a bit closer

03:40:326 (1) - don't it fits that well tbh could try making some long slider in this red combo following vocals

03:49:506 (9) - would make more sense to nc here instead but I suppose you didn't because it looks better like this?

04:23:932 - clap

04:33:605 (8) - it'd be cooler if you made two of these that start on vocals 04:33:441 - 04:33:769 -

04:43:277 - does the sb really need to flash here xd

04:57:375 (5,6) - more spacing on these would make sense

05:05:572 (1,2,4,6,8) - a bit inconsistant overlapping, because it's the only one you do in the whole section

nice map and song, hope to see it ranked again ^^
Topic Starter
Keada

Strategas wrote:

queue

[general]

delayed hitsounds ~5 ms soft-hitclap.wav and soft-slidertick.wav Fixed Earlier

[dff]

01:23:605 - 04:21:965 - probably missed normal addition fixed them

01:36:719 (5) - this feels lacking emphasis, move further a bit or something fixed

02:43:932 (1) - it would make more sense if the spacing started bigger but then gradually decreased, because the tone of the music and voice is getting weaker I like this more the way it is now, as it fits as well

02:59:178 (5,6,7) - flow is pretty bad here Fixed

03:16:719 (1) - this is pretty huge jump, could ctrl g 03:16:391 (5) - and move it a bit closer Good suggestion, fixed

03:40:326 (1) - don't it fits that well tbh could try making some long slider in this red combo following vocals it fits well imo o.O the rhythm in the bg as well and I end the slider when vocal is changing

03:49:506 (9) - would make more sense to nc here instead but I suppose you didn't because it looks better like this? And I keep it consisten as in here 03:48:195 (1) -

04:23:932 - clap oopsie, added

04:33:605 (8) - it'd be cooler if you made two of these that start on vocals 04:33:441 - 04:33:769 - true, fixed it

04:43:277 - does the sb really need to flash here xd I dont know ask the sber xd

04:57:375 (5,6) - more spacing on these would make sense fixed

05:05:572 (1,2,4,6,8) - a bit inconsistant overlapping, because it's the only one you do in the whole section tried to make a pattern of it lmao

nice map and song, hope to see it ranked again ^^ thanks :3
Thanks for the mod, changed actually alot.
Updated
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.