show more
Raiden
sp...

whereRE
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
In yer buttcheeks
Raiden
put hp4 on loveless for a more linear spread?

also more linear SV?

kantan 0,70
futsuu 0,90
muzu 1,10
oni 1,3
inner & loveless 1,4

on Futsuu
00:02:144 (8,9) - do like previous pattern, sounds much better, delete one and put the other on 00:02:251 -
02:11:359 (389) - 02:13:073 (395) - delete notes like this after the 3/2 patterns for the sake of technical correctness
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun

Raiden wrote:

put hp4 on loveless for a more linear spread? no, even though you have a point on linearity, this diff is far more demanding than inner oni.

also more linear SV?

kantan 0,70
futsuu 0,90
muzu 1,10
oni 1,3
inner & loveless 1,4 idk tbh, im putting 1.05 on muzu fuk it

on Futsuu
00:02:144 (8,9) - do like previous pattern, sounds much better, delete one and put the other on 00:02:251 -
02:11:359 (389) - 02:13:073 (395) - delete notes like this after the 3/2 patterns for the sake of technical correctness I prefer the original way for pattern formation consistency
Grimbow
(∩`-´)⊃━.*・。゚ in place of a promised mod for now i'm afk, sorry, go on w/o me
ManP
This mapset looks having 12 priorities o:
I'm just noob modder,I wish helping you a bit

[Kanatan]
  1. Disable widescreen support and countdown (all difficulties too)
  2. 00:43:287 (63) - change to d? I like this lower background sound so I wanna accentuate it by using d
[Muzu]
  1. 00:41:573 (195,196) - ctrl g? for pitch
  2. 01:57:859 (556) - move to 01:58:073 - ? (move back 1/1)
  3. 01:59:573 (564) - move back 1/1? same as ^ (I like better same as these patterns 02:00:644 (568,569,570,571,572,573,574,575,576,577,578,579) -
..........I have no more suggestion o:....;w; looks already good (no kds me) :?
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun

ManP wrote:

This mapset looks having 12 priorities o:
I'm just noob modder,I wish helping you a bit

[Kanatan]
  1. Disable widescreen support and countdown (all difficulties too) it's something i'm deliberately not paying attention to because it's got no sb
  2. 00:43:287 (63) - change to d? I like this lower background sound so I wanna accentuate it by using d keeping k so the triplet is easier to hit (including big note)
[Muzu]
  1. 00:41:573 (195,196) - ctrl g? for pitch changed the pattern in the end because yo ujwwkwnchbgfj
  2. 01:57:859 (556) - move to 01:58:073 - ? (move back 1/1)
  3. 01:59:573 (564) - move back 1/1? same as ^ (I like better same as these patterns 02:00:644 (568,569,570,571,572,573,574,575,576,577,578,579) - both suggestions are slightly wonky, the pattern you gave as example has 1/8 glitches which is not the case for these exact ones.)
..........I have no more suggestion o:....;w; looks already good (no kds me) :?
i feel like you've asked me something in twitter now
Raiden
disabled countdown for good reasons

let the chaos begin
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
eat my rotten heart
Surono
dem..
Raiden
fuck your hp settings
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun

Raiden wrote:

fuck retarded sr
ftfy you loveless-crying-furryfuckface-piece of fuck
Ayyri
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun

_Gezo_ wrote:

Loveless Oni
thats probably why
Ayyri

are you trying to send me a virus
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
stuckinbubbledforevercore
tasuke912
[ General]
  1. High difficulties HP settings seem too low. You should keep at least 5.0 even if it's very hard map, unless long song like galaxy.
  2. Hitsound volume can be +10~20%
  3. I'm worried difficulty gap between Lower diffs (Kantan-Oni) and Higher diffs (Oni-Loveless). It would be great for players if Muzukashii and Oni will be harder.
[ Kantan]
  1. Consider setting SV0.8, 0.7 (=140 bpm) seems too slow for the fast song.
  2. I feel the diff is random a little. I think you can make consistent patterns and rhythms so that beginners plays easily.
[ Futsuu]
  1. This difficulty also looks random a little...
  2. 00:04:501 - Add kat here for the consistency, or delete 00:06:216 (19) - if you wanna make breaks.
  3. 00:12:644 - How about making 5-plet here?
  4. 00:13:287 (41) - Consider removing it, break would work nicely imo
  5. 01:49:716 (324) - Why kats are too continuous? it looks out of place. Please try to make some d.
[ Muzukashii]
  1. 01:49:716 - Same as Futsuu.
[ Oni]
  1. 01:49:716 - Same as Futsuu.
Hard diffs are good, but lower diffs are questionable to me. i'd like to know more modders or BNs opinions.
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun

tasuke912 wrote:

[ General]
  1. High difficulties HP settings seem too low. You should keep at least 5.0 even if it's very hard map, unless long song like galaxy. Except this is not about length this time, it's more about note amount. Inner was originally 5 until I realized the star rating for it was completely out of place (5.44 for something that plays like 6.2); and LLOni is going to 3.5 (~2.3k notes needs a lower HP than 5, else it's purely cruel)
  2. Hitsound volume can be +10~20% how was that 50 lmao
  3. I'm worried difficulty gap between Lower diffs (Kantan-Oni) and Higher diffs (Oni-Loveless). It would be great for players if Muzukashii and Oni will be harder. Except I decided to make the main spread as 140 BPM mapping, while the two last are more of a bonus challenge for higher players. The spread as is was designed with 6 diffs (1-2-3-4-6-8)
[ Kantan]
  1. Consider setting SV0.8, 0.7 (=140 bpm) seems too slow for the fast song.
  2. I feel the diff is random a little. I think you can make consistent patterns and rhythms so that beginners plays easily. Chaotic song can't allow for pure consistency, sadly. The song is not really designed to be charted on lower than hard due to some patterns overflowing onto another measure, the general pace of the song and whatnot. The K&F diffs were designed from Oni downwards.

Hard diffs are good, but lower diffs are questionable to me. i'd like to know more modders or BNs opinions. lol rip loveless oni 2014-2016 you won't be remembered
Applied the rest, and LLOni is now OD9 (for now, subject to change)
Okoratu
Gezo wants this locked. Poke me or any other GMT/QAT if you change your mind.

Edit: unlocked upon Gezo's request, gl~
Also a slap was requested and denied by Nwolf, Nwolf may slap Gezo with a mod instead.
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
Posting this from my post in r/osugame to reach some more people:

Lustcore 3, the densest map ever been thrown to pending and legitimately aimed for rank. Topping at a average of 13.77 notes per second. The highest star rating that does not rely on 1/6+1/4 abuse, like Last Time or Rock'n'Roll does. Well, I want it ranked in a different fashion than Lawn Wake IV did: this song has a deep meaning that a few people know about around here. And this story, as much as this map's story, gives me mental breakdowns as long as they are happening.

However, now, I finally hit the point where I just can't listen to the song anymore and all I want is just to finish off what's been started. At first glance, it sounds ridiculous that I want to give up ranking this map, and retroactively doing that so I quit, because other people look up to me. But, it is the case.

Earlier in the month I wanted to have my head off this for some time, explaining the lock I requested to Okorin. However, I got it unlocked and I already can't take it anymore. Getting mods is painful enough for hard maps. Getting quality mods, even harder. This is because Loveless has a construction that will throw people off, and is only aimed at roughly 50 to 150 players - which are basically those who can pass Galaxy Collapse.

Even more, Inner Oni makes stuff even rougher to deal with, due to the massive gap caused by the star rating being a terrible difficulty rating system. While most people don't care about the value nowadays, it is still crucial as it can cause disqualifications or refusal to bubble. The current gap between Inner Oni and Loveless Oni is 2.99 stars, nearly two whole icons, should they exist after the level X.

Getting BN mods is worse than that, because it all ends up being luck as there aren't many people who can judge a map to its playability. I'd say in fact, there is only one who can at this level. And he already dropped a mod. It makes me kind of out of luck now - as most BNs have their queues closed and others will want to badly nerf Loveless to be mind-numbing easy.

And that's where it's blocking. The song is too chaotic, there will be too many changes to do for easier difficulties.
If not, there will be too many complains about Loveless Oni, by the people who are not part of the target audience.

There were some people arguing on how it should NEVER be ranked because of its ungodly density. There are people who reported the map to QAT because it got bubbled despite few mods. On the other hand, there is a small group of people who defend this map.

I'm also dreading the hater who wants to make all the hard work getting that to qualified (if it ever does) completely null by posting a hate mod.

Due to that, I don't find many people who are going to mod - unless I do M4M. This is a thing I've always wanted to avoid, due to how unreliable that is.

I'm sick of all of it. I've ended up slamming my fist against the desk, or punching a wall just because of one tiny thing in a diff that I can't seem to make work. It's just not fun anymore. It affects me, I've drastically changed in the past months. I've never been so easily frustrated at anything. It made me put aside my speedrunning projects. It made me just completely snap out.

I'm now down to two options: Give up, or die trying until it gets ranked...

What to do?
ziin
As someone who has ranked an impossible to rank map, I simply let it rot in "bubble" status for about a year until someone had the balls to approve it. I also happened to get a job around that time and went into mapping/modding stagnation so it bothered me less to have to worry about it.

I don't think you need to be limited to 2 options. There is a 3rd option, which you are essentially already taking: Relax and take it slow.

Being bubbled means 1) it doesn't get graved, 2) it gets mods from people who look at bubbled maps, 3) it will gather high quality mods from high quality modders.

I am a big fan (hi kappadar!) of really difficult maps that push the boundaries of the game. Difficulties that are actually difficult provide players with a challenge, and remember that everything is rankable as long as it doesn't break the rules. I worry a bit about the QATs pushing their idea of quality as "making a map FCable by at least the top 100 players" because when I see clearly difficult maps in standard that introduce new and ridiculous difficulty, it gets shit on or effectively nuked. I personally hate short jump sliders (are these kick sliders?) but they've become a huge part of the mapping meta and now people are good at playing them. The same will happen to this map.

Please be patient, take a break from this map until the next mod, and then re-mod it yourself in a month or two when you have a fresh set of eyes. Taiko (and all modes) need content creators such as yourself to push the boundaries of the game. Even if this map doesn't get ranked, it is made, it is difficult, and you should be proud of the work you put into it.
Ascendance
Good luck!
_yu68
offset +14ms
Hanjamon

_yu68 wrote:

offset +14ms
the taiko god has talked, just do it Gezo
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun

_Gezo_ wrote:

abandoned project.
Dainesl
It's unfortunate that this had to happen, but I'm not surprised at this point. If all else fails, at least you have another option to look forward to in the future.

Goodbye, Gezo. I'll miss you, and hopefully this mode may die peacefully. I know it seems sort of dramatic to say the mode's dying but if you saw our talks in #taiko it's very probable that this is going to happen.

I...I'm kind of upset now, to be honest, but so be it, if we must, we will.