forum

Going from mouse to tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Discovery_old_1
This, by far is the biggest hurdle that I fear is holding me back. I've had a tablet for about a year now but I can't fully commit to using it.

I want to go full tablet because i'm struggling at faster maps with just using my mouse and I don't want to change my DPI since I play all other games on the same DPI and I'm used to it. Anyways, I use a Wacom Intuos and this https://gyazo.com/0584362bfe722a629e005630bd294238 Pen grip. I tried replicating how other popular Osu players use, It's just when I really get going fast, my middle finger starts slipping. Maybe I'm gripping too hard? Not sure , It just feels like the pens almost to small for my hand abd feel like I can't get the accuracy I need without tensing up.

Here's my Mapping for my tablet:
https://gyazo.com/67cd71c88eac77d9ae00dc67394df392 It's pretty small, I know but it seems like it's all I can handle without picking my wrist up off the tablet.

Anyone share the same experiences? Any tips for making the switch?
The Gambler
Usually wrapping the pen with tape helps. Or using a rubber band as finger guides on your pen. Check out Rohulk's vids as one of them shows what I'm talking about
Roxy Lalonde
the way i hold my pen is using my fingers to direct my pen

my wrist doesn't move at all

but then again im a touchscreen player so it's hard to say how legitimate that statement was
Originality
Don't try to replicate other players grip, find something that works for you, and is comfortable. I put a pencil grip on my pen to help with the slipping problem, I also have the habit of putting my thumb right above the button on the pen, it just feels right for it to sit there.

In any case, It takes (at minimum) 21 days to change behavior, so you've got to be consistent with the way you play. Looking at how other people play is a great way to get ideas, but develop a method of holding your pen/tablet area that works for you, and stick with it.
A Medic
Find your own style and just do it.