forum

New Year’s Tournament - 10k to 25k [3on3] 32/32

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Tehron
Burning Lolis vs Sacred Baguette will be streamed on my personal channel! It will also be saved as a vod for people who want to watch it afterwards.

My personal twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/tehrongaming
Suhun
Some really close matches next week :O.
valar
kill me :( *err.. just heartbroken due to loss - thank you for tournament it's really nice
Topic Starter
Tehron
Quarter Finals mappool is here!
Check on the main post for individual maps and links if you don't want to download the map pack!

Quarter Finals Map Pack

Teams advancing to Quarter Finals:
  1. bigsugoioppai
  2. Sliderbroke my life
  3. pls enjoy game
  4. MastErbaters
  5. Burning Lolis
  6. PROpsy
  7. Pantsu Thieves
  8. Merp Rev2
Topic Starter
Tehron
Quarter Finals schedules are now out!
Quarter Finals Schedules
Snowwy
Yo guys, good luck on these intense upcoming weeks. Here's a little something for y'all.

Topic Starter
Tehron

Snowwy wrote:

Yo guys, good luck on these intense upcoming weeks. Here's a little something for y'all.

+1 =w=
Maruyu
in pkk we trust to guide us through our next matches ouob
Phobos
Can I get a rule clarification? Are we not allowed to pick 2 of the same mod in a row, or 2 of any mod in a row?
The wording is a little unclear and we had a small argument about it in our last match.
Topic Starter
Tehron

Phobos wrote:

Can I get a rule clarification? Are we not allowed to pick 2 of the same mod in a row, or 2 of any mod in a row?
The wording is a little unclear and we had a small argument about it in our last match.
You're not allowed to pick 2 maps that are from the same mod pool twice in a row but you can pick 2 different mod maps in a row. So as long as it's not the same mod as your last pick you're free to pick it (with the exception of the map being banned and yes you can pick freemod after hidden or hardrock).

I changed the wording on the original post, I hope it's clearer and easier to understand now.
Esti
A heads up as early as we can give it to the tournament organizers, our team (bigsugoioppai) is unable to play next week Saturday and most of Sunday due to exam scheduling. If possible we would like to request the match against our opponents be postponed until Sunday evening or later if possible. Pending the winner of tomorrow's match to determine our opponents for next week it would be appreciated if we could work something out about the time next weekend.
Topic Starter
Tehron

Esti wrote:

A heads up as early as we can give it to the tournament organizers, our team (bigsugoioppai) is unable to play next week Saturday and most of Sunday due to exam scheduling. If possible we would like to request the match against our opponents be postponed until Sunday evening or later if possible. Pending the winner of tomorrow's match to determine our opponents for next week it would be appreciated if we could work something out about the time next weekend.
I'm sure we can work something out but right now we'll just need to wait and see who your opponent will be and then talk to them.
pkk
If we win tomorrow, mikii and nicole are unable to play sunday evening since that will be early in the morning for them (2-3 AM or something)
xd

edit: i think im @pkk
Giralda
This never gets old

Phobos
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone running the tournament, good luck to Pantsu Theives!
Topic Starter
Tehron
Semi Finals mappool is here!
Check on the main post for individual maps and links if you don't want to download the map pack (Bloodcat link for snow storm is also there)!

Bloodcat link for Yooh - snow storm -euphoria-
Semi Finals Map Pack
Topic Starter
Tehron
Semi Finals schedules are now out!
Semi Finals Schedules

P.S. Figuring out the bigsugoioppai vs pls enjoy game schedule so that's why it's not in the current schedule, will update as soon as possible!
Snowwy
Hi! My team can't make it to the semi finals match at the current schedule, could our match against Pantsu Thieves be held at 16-17 UTC?
verto

Snowwy wrote:

Hi! My team can't make it to the semi finals match at the current schedule, could our match against Pantsu Thieves be held at 16-17 UTC?
In that case we're only able to play at Saturday.
Flower Shop

_verto_ wrote:

Snowwy wrote:

In that case we're only able to play at Saturday.
In that case, Saturday is fine with me as long as it's still 16-17 UTC. Will have to ask rest of team though.
EmeraldStar82
Is there a time for pls enjoy game yet? o.o
verto

dgap wrote:

In that case, Saturday is fine with me as long as it's still 16-17 UTC. Will have to ask rest of team though.
I though Americans use the AM/PM system lol. So 4-5PM UTC right? That should be fine yeah.
Snowwy

_verto_ wrote:

dgap wrote:

I though Americans use the AM/PM system lol. So 4-5PM UTC right? That should be fine yeah.
Is there no way we can play at a later hour on sunday? 7-8 UTC?
I'm kinda busy on saturday.
Snowwy
That awkward moment you try to play Solo Queue Ladder and you find your Osu NYT referee

Esti
So I've been told that there was some dissent/dissatisfaction during our match verus pls enjoy game. First off apologies on behalf of myself (and to a lesser extent my team) towards the staff. I can understand how it would be frustrating to deal with this match in particular since we collectively pulled some rather brazen shenanigans. That being said it's been a rather hectic weekend and whatnot with real life obligations and scheduling conflicts. I'm pretty sure most of us didn't even have time to practice the map pool, so a few of us took some liberty in messing around on the maps during the match. Granted that's not an excuse or meant to be taken as such, but I hope Suhun/Tehron/Bubble don't feel too upset about it especially since I can assure you guys that there are no hard feelings or "disrespect" among us (the participants from both teams).

On a side note since this is the new year's tournament happy lunar new year to those who celebrate it!
Topic Starter
Tehron
With a slight delay, the Finals mappool is here!
Check on the main post for individual maps and links if you don't want to download the map pack!

Finals Map Pack
Snowwy
-= This is my personal opinion, only mine, not the opinion of my team. I did not discuss this topic with anyone but myself. =-

I believe the difficulty of map pool for finals should be lowered because it contains maps that have only been fc'd and completed by players of ranks way higher than ours (#1,000 - #4,000). I'm not saying it should be the same or lower difficulty as semi finals, I would really appreciate the difficulty to be higher than semis but not THIS high. I got a friend of mine who is currently #2,000 (consistent Nomod and HD player) and even himself found difficulty in getting high combos in some of the maps.
Examples of these are:
EOS - Hidden
Haelequin - HR
2010 - Nomod
d:for the DELTA - tiebreaker
Bluemenkranz - DT

If you look at the global rankings for some of these, you will find that, for example, in Bluemenkranz, there are only 7 global fc's with DT, done by players with much more experience than us (#1,000 players). For example "mrspazzameme17" fc'd this with almost 99 accuracy, and he is #845.
Another map is Haelequin which has barely no modded fc's at all, and you are asking us to do it with hr.

I can completely understand why you would make the finals bracket hard and intense, but I personally think this is overdoing it.
This tournament's maximum rank for entrance is 10k and some of these maps can be way out of the league of a #10k player so please, if possible, review the map pool you picked.

PD: Lmao I'm not salty. I just want everyone to have a chance to play a map in which they will do decently good at and not so much rely on luck or smacking the keyboard keys, not saying it should be easy to fc, just possible ;)

Sincerely, Snowwy ~~
Flower Shop
The tiebreaker seems pretty damn extreme
Topic Starter
Tehron

Snowwy wrote:

-= This is my personal opinion, only mine, not the opinion of my team. I did not discuss this topic with anyone but myself. =-

I believe the difficulty of map pool for finals should be lowered because it contains maps that have only been fc'd and completed by players of ranks way higher than ours (#1,000 - #4,000). I'm not saying it should be the same or lower difficulty as semi finals, I would really appreciate the difficulty to be higher than semis but not THIS high. I got a friend of mine who is currently #2,000 (consistent Nomod and HD player) and even himself found difficulty in getting high combos in some of the maps.
Examples of these are:
EOS - Hidden
Haelequin - HR
2010 - Nomod
d:for the DELTA - tiebreaker
Bluemenkranz - DT

If you look at the global rankings for some of these, you will find that, for example, in Bluemenkranz, there are only 7 global fc's with DT, done by players with much more experience than us (#1,000 players). For example "mrspazzameme17" fc'd this with almost 99 accuracy, and he is #845.
Another map is Haelequin which has barely no modded fc's at all, and you are asking us to do it with hr.

I can completely understand why you would make the finals bracket hard and intense, but I personally think this is overdoing it.
This tournament's maximum rank for entrance is 10k and some of these maps can be way out of the league of a #10k player so please, if possible, review the map pool you picked.

PD: Lmao I'm not salty. I just want everyone to have a chance to play a map in which they will do decently good at and not so much rely on luck or smacking the keyboard keys, not saying it should be easy to fc, just possible ;)

Sincerely, Snowwy ~~
I am completely aware of the difficulty of the mappool though I don't feel like it's too hard. I do agree some of the maps are exceptionally hard compared to some others (Blumenkranz and d:for the DELTA for example) but there are reasons these maps are hard and why I picked them. Blumenkranz for example has low AR which makes it harder to read thus has less FCs with DT in global rankings. The reason I picked these maps is to challenge the player in different aspects of the game and yes, the main goal for the tournament is to have fun but I still want to keep the competitive and challenging side of the game in it. Although the maps are hard and challenging, they are also fun and rewarding after a little bit of practice (this is personal opinion and does not apply to everyone).

The global rankings on a map has nothing to do with making a mappool since a map can be recently ranked/qualified or even unranked. To be honest, you can just ignore the rankings on the map and just look at the map itself, see how hard it is to play and read, test it and come to a conclusion based on the information you gathered. I'm not saying this is how it should be done or how everyone else does it, this is just how I personally do it.

dgap wrote:

The tiebreaker seems pretty damn extreme
I acknowledge this and I do agree the map is a borderline pick for the mappool. I could still change it but note that this leaves less time for you and everyone else to practice the map.

With this stated I will not change the mappool other than the tiebreaker, if that is what people want (I would like to know this today since the change will leave you only a couple days to practice the map).

I appreciate the feedback I get from everyone. Most of the time it's helpful and will help me improve the current and/or future tournaments and this is no exception.

I wish the best of luck for everyone in the finals and I hope you will have fun and enjoy despite the flaws in the tournament!
Flower Shop
I don't know about anyone else but I'd be cool with the tiebreaker changing right now
*To clarify, I'm fine with a TB change but am also fine with the current one staying
pkk
lets change TB to dreamless wanderer xd
Topic Starter
Tehron
New Tiebreaker is FELT - Puppet in the Dark!
EmeraldStar82
Map pool is great, now if only the match was at a suitable time for me ._.
Topic Starter
Tehron
Finals schedules are done and now in the google sheet!
Schedules for the Finals
Topic Starter
Tehron
So the tournament is finally over and the winner is pls enjoy game while Burning Lolis takes the 2nd place and bigsugoioppai taking the 3rd place!

It has been a huge pleasure to have people join in on the tournament, watch the streams and help out with organizing. I just want to thank everyone for taking part in making something awesome and fun for the osu! community, I couldn't have done this without you guys. ^^ This was the very first tournament I hosted and it had it's ups and downs, overall it was a great experience and gave me lots of experience for future tournaments, which will come eventually!

Huge thank you to Bubbleman for helping with streaming. I also want to give Giralda a special thank you for helping out with the Round of 16 seeding and match ups.

I will see you soon and maybe with a new tournament! o/