forum

How to relax after an osu beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Florrow
Hello guys, are there any ways you can relax your fingers/hands after a tough osu! beatmap ?
like...any hand exercises after the beatmap or some stuff like that :D

Would love to hear your comments, thanks.
-Florrow
Flanster
Are your hands that crippled after playing? .rofl
Just take a break and let em rest!
Topic Starter
Florrow

LoliFlan wrote:

Are your hands that crippled after playing? .rofl
Just take a break and let em rest!
not actually, depends on what beatmap im playing and how many in a row :p
thanks for the advice anyways ^.^
Rilene
play more
play less
relax
Jeffrey
I guess it's good to take a 10-15 minute break to stretch your hand or fling your wrists. Helps every time for me.
Blackheart
I usually relax my fingers by stretching them a bit. Just be careful not to do stupid stretches that could cripple your hand. When talking about middle, ring and small finger, you don't want to stretch one of those without stretching the others at the same time in a similar way, Robert Schumann can attest to that. If you stretch all your fingers (bar perhaps the thump) of one hand at the same time and in the same way, you should have nothing to worry about. After stretching, wait a few minutes and you should be good to go again.

Other than that, you can always try and train your fingers to become stronger. This won't directly help you relax but it will help you to not get tired in the first place.
buny
however you relax in any other position?
chainpullz
I hop on forums and shitpost and/or watch anime when I get tensed up. That's all the forums are really for, right?
neatoneet
smoke
Originality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSrfB7JIzxY

Back when I played I lot of violin I used a lot of these stretches on a regular basis. They make your hands feel fantastic -- I'm guessing they'll work well for osu! too.
Topic Starter
Florrow
Thanks everyone for the replies ^.^
autoteleology
Bauxe
I rest 1 hour for every 5 minutes of osu to ensure no injury.
I Give Up
The tea is good.
XBlade

Bauxe wrote:

How do you possibly improve with such a small amount of playtime? That seems like barely any playing compared to resting..
autoteleology

userxblade wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

How do you possibly improve with such a small amount of playtime? That seems like barely any playing compared to resting..
He spends the rest of the time failing to be funny on the internet
chainpullz
2 hrs of playtime + 24 hrs of rest. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Many people play less.
Bonobo
Go refill your glass of water, walk around for another min or 2 then come back and find a song you want to play
XBlade
I was under the impression that he only played 5 minutes at a time then took an hour break then came back lol.. Guess I misunderstood
I Give Up
You should never get sore fingers from playing easy slow maps unless you are tapping too hard or gripping mouse/pen too hard. Tap it gently - from the wise words of Bob Ross. Even if your acc/aim get worse keep tapping gently and be relaxed you will improve in long run.
Minhtam

chainpullz wrote:

2 hrs of playtime + 24 hrs of rest. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Many people play less.
Pretty much this. Regardless of what map you play, you shouldn't be playing for more than 3 hours straight. If you're going to do a 2 to 3 hour session, you need to make sure you're not playing osu! at least for 4 to 6 hours after that. You're not going to set your best scores if you are worn out.

The last thing you need is an injury from playing too much at once.
autoteleology

KukiMonster wrote:

Tap it gently - from the wise words of Bob Ross.
I feel like Bob Ross was more in the mindset of beating the devil out of it

RIP devil
Bauxe

Philosofikal wrote:

He spends the rest of the time failing to be funny on the internet

chainpullz wrote:

All these months have passed, and you remain to be a complete fucking idiot Philosofikal.
buny
Don't be mean, there are some people that are dumber

only some, though
chainpullz

a loli wrote:

Don't be mean, there are some people that are dumber

only some, though
Stupidity is working as intended.