forum

[resolved] an option to disable the 'disconnected' graphic in-game

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
or whatever that little broken rectangle at the bottom right is

sometimes it shows up no matter what particularly when bancho is having issues as my connection is really good and stable, it can't even be avoided by signing out of osu! to play. It is incredibly distracting, like I can't even play right now.
peppy
Treat it as an added challenge.
Bauxe
I swear some people would get distracted by having a single blue pixel in the bottom left of the osu! window.
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko

Bauxe wrote:

I swear some people would get distracted by having a single blue pixel in the bottom left of the osu! window.

peppy wrote:

Treat it as an added challenge.
im sure i could easily get used to it given the time but it happens rarely enough that it's hard. it'll go away before i'm acclimated to it and then come back as a fresh nuisance, people with third world internet probably don't even mind because they're used to it.

anyway i guess it's not going to happen, our overlord has spoken. this can be invalidated.
GhostFrog
It would be nice if it somehow gave more of an indication of what it means. It doesn't matter to me because I've gotten used to it but I know I used to get confused as to what it meant and look back over at it constantly to see if it had gone away (which of course caused some silly misses). Also I forgot what it meant at least once and went through that phase again but that's just me being an idiot.
Bara-
YES PLEASE
Let it only appear in breaks or such
Especcially when your internet is not that great and you thus DC a lot >__>
Bauxe

Baraatje123 wrote:

YES PLEASE
Let it only appear in breaks or such
Especcially when your internet is not that great and you thus DC a lot >__>
Only showing it during breaks isn't the purpose. It's purpose is to show when you lost connection. Not showing it 80% of the time kinda... Defeats the point of it?
Flanster

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

it can't even be avoided by signing out
It doesn't show anything when not signed in iirc?
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko

LoliFlan wrote:

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

it can't even be avoided by signing out
It doesn't show anything when not signed in iirc?
it does, as far as i can tell osu! tries to connect and send stuff regardless of being logged in or not, I think that's how people get banned for cheating offline

maybe if i unplug my ethernet it will stop but that's a pretty major thing to have to do.
Yauxo
Somewhat related and an actual problem:

Whenever I disconnect and reconnect (because internet derp), bancho decides to push ALL TEH THINGS into my face (Who's online, Who has messaged me, That my Mousebuttons are off, etc) and the client laggs for maybe half a second in-game. (Yes, I have all the popup and all the shit blocked while playing)
Killed one or two plays already :v
Bara-
^^
This
Lex TheGayOtter

Bauxe wrote:

I'd like to add that this caused a small lag spike whenever it happened when I played on cutting edge
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
holy shit
Yauxo
Did really noone notice this yet?

VeilStar
/me marks resovled
Mahogany
Whoa nice, I'm glad this got fixed, it really bothered me.
Bara-
Niceee
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
i did a thing yay
Mahogany
And it only took you 4,600 posts
Bara-
Even less, 4595 \:D/