forum

HR PRACTICE LESSONS [Motivation&Help]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
flevy

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Nice guide but somewhat lacking in depth. @Trosk can we just compile all the guides into one megathread? 2 weeks from now this thread will be on the 2nd page and no one would read it. If we had a megathread of "how to improve at osu!" and had it stickied then everyone's contribution would be for something.

Wales wrote:

Indeed. its a class. not a guide. thanks for reading it properly :^)
Classes are supposed to be interactive. This is just a wall of text or self advertisement.
I will say it again. Thanks for reading it properly. I'm not interested in starting a fight or discussion in here.
You are simply delivering offtopic to my thread, if you feel annoyed by the Thread or offended in any way,
then just leave it.

greetings
Insyni

Wales wrote:

CONDITIONS TO ATTEND THE HR CLASS:
- Be Atleast #20.000 (everything below is Mindless selfforce)
I wish...

Though best of luck with your lessons!
Topic Starter
flevy

Insyni wrote:

Wales wrote:

CONDITIONS TO ATTEND THE HR CLASS:
- Be Atleast #20.000 (everything below is Mindless selfforce)
I wish...

Though best of luck with your lessons!
Thank You very much!
Let me know as soon as you meet our conditions, I'll gladly take you in if I can :)
KanoSet
it's sad that i don't have time and i don't think i'm ready to start hr yet
but such a class seems intresting and should be fun tho
good luck :)
Topic Starter
flevy

KanoSet wrote:

it's sad that i don't have time and i don't think i'm ready to start hr yet
but such a class seems intresting and should be fun tho
good luck :)
A big Thanks to you aswell!
Tell me when you are ready for Hardrock :)

Btw. you are not forced to participate on the classes. you can decide by yourself if you want to participate daily weekly or just when you feel like.
Doesnt matter for us!
Raniemi
Starting to learn HR so I guess I'll attend for fun but I'm going to be a "special" student and won't have a good attendance
Clappy
I'll attend
chainpullz
Am I the only one who finds it ironic that someone who doesn't really have any HR accomplishments is trying to teach others how to play HR?
Multtari
I guess i could give it a go since i'd like meeting people and hopefully getting consistent with HR in the process.
I Give Up
I am always down to multi.
Topic Starter
flevy

chainpullz wrote:

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that someone who doesn't really have any HR accomplishments is trying to teach others how to play HR?
There will probably be more people like you but ill say it again for everyone of you guys.

Thanks for reading my Post properly :)
chainpullz

Wales wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

There will probably be more people like you but ill say it again for everyone of you guys.

Oh, I read it properly in full. That doesn't change the irony of it all.
Topic Starter
flevy

Wales wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

well if that's you way of thinking. fine.
Just leave the Thread if you are not interested :)
Sophia

chainpullz wrote:

Are you sure you did?

At no point is he trying to teach anyone anything. He's just lumping a chunk of people who want to learn HR into a single lobby and playing maps with the HR mod.
He even says so in the opening post:

since I'm working on Hardrock for a long time now too, and i know how depressing it is,
to play something over and over again with some low accuracys like 80-95% that you could actually SS without HR
This is enough for any reader to understand that Wales himself doesn't really have any outstanding HR knowledge or is a good HR player, he's just trying to learn like everyone else that apparently signs up to this class.

There's nothing ironic in it because he's not going to teach anyone anything if you read the post.

What could be defined as ironic is that this is called a "class" when there's no teacher, or anyone teaching, but what you said could not. But even then self-study classes are a thing, even in real, and as such there's nothing wrong with this or his post whatsoever and nothing contradicting or ironic really.

As for feedback about the actual "class", I think that you should just allow freemods. Everyone joining should pick HR anyway, and HDHR is also learning Hard Rock. Plus, some people prefer HDHR over simply HR. Sounds like you're just lumping HD away because you're uncomfortable with it; as long as HR as a mod is being played I don't see the reason to divide classes, more so when neither of them are going to get that much "attendance" regardless. Joining these two should lead for larger lobbies and a nicer environment, at least as I see it.
RaneFire

chainpullz wrote:

I'm of the opinion that it is best to share your experience in learning something new shortly after learning it yourself. This way all the factors involved in starting out are still fresh in your memory. I've encountered this problem before when people have asked me beginner questions, in this game and others. You also change your opinion as you get better... "Maybe I should have learnt it this way first because it makes more sense." Such things can create more problems especially since we so often learn things through many failures, not because we learned it perfectly in the first place.
tecu
Seems like a nice way to improve and meet new people. Sign me up!
I Give Up
Didn't add me RIP
Topic Starter
flevy
#added all current applications

Planning on setting up the first Class at 2 hours from now on. (3:30pm CET)
Topic Starter
flevy

Sophia wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

Are you sure you did?

At no point is he trying to teach anyone anything. He's just lumping a chunk of people who want to learn HR into a single lobby and playing maps with the HR mod.
He even says so in the opening post:

since I'm working on Hardrock for a long time now too, and i know how depressing it is,
to play something over and over again with some low accuracys like 80-95% that you could actually SS without HR
This is enough for any reader to understand that Wales himself doesn't really have any outstanding HR knowledge or is a good HR player, he's just trying to learn like everyone else that apparently signs up to this class.

There's nothing ironic in it because he's not going to teach anyone anything if you read the post.

What could be defined as ironic is that this is called a "class" when there's no teacher, or anyone teaching, but what you said could not. But even then self-study classes are a thing, even in real, and as such there's nothing wrong with this or his post whatsoever and nothing contradicting or ironic really.

As for feedback about the actual "class", I think that you should just allow freemods. Everyone joining should pick HR anyway, and HDHR is also learning Hard Rock. Plus, some people prefer HDHR over simply HR. Sounds like you're just lumping HD away because you're uncomfortable with it; as long as HR as a mod is being played I don't see the reason to divide classes, more so when neither of them are going to get that much "attendance" regardless. Joining these two should lead for larger lobbies and a nicer environment, at least as I see it.

Seems like a valid reason for me didn't think about the fact of the amount of people participating. I'll probably take that HDHR idea in,
i was simply told hd hr is really different to hr and should be learned separately. and its not a joke that hr learning is quicker if you only hr :D
But im comfortable with HD just to randomly throw that sentence off :D Thanks for advice, gonna take hd hr & hr in on 1 class.
buny

KukiMonster wrote:

Didn't add me RIP
cuz ur shit m8
Multtari
Invite to all online participants when lobby is up would be nice.
The Gambler
Bummer, I wanted to attend this class but apparently I'm >20k so apparently I suck...

I'm wondering if you took rank decay into consideration...

EDIT: I might not be 20k, but how about a portfolio?

buny

The Gambler wrote:

Bummer, I wanted to attend this class but apparently I'm >20k so apparently I suck...
You include your videos in nearly every post you make, seriously stop.
E m i

a loli wrote:

The Gambler wrote:

his aim is better than mine let him participate xd
The Gambler

a loli wrote:

I don't really post that much videos until recently, but to sate your request I cleaned up a bit. Just not in this thread.
Topic Starter
flevy
I gotta remove the ranklimit and let everyone who wants join.
We'll see in Multiplayer if it's worth or not, and after all the more we are the higher the motivationbar gets :3
Every Participant can add me on Osu! :)

Sadly i couldn't get that class work yesterday since my internet connection just said no.
Seems like a bad sign since last this happened to me was a long time ago. but yeah gonna
setup a new practice for tomorrow with the following data:

Multilobbyname: HR_Practice : 1st_Class_Wales
Password: Kappa
Date: 17.11.2015
Time: 2 pm CET

See you all tomorrow. Sorry again for yesterday!
Risa
Rmb to plz enjoy game
Halfslashed
I'm in, this looks like fun (And I could use some acc...).
I Give Up

a loli wrote:

KukiMonster wrote:

Didn't add me RIP
cuz ur shit m8
That hurt :(

Now I put in profile ;p
Topic Starter
flevy
Practice starts in 40 minutes.
buny
are people even awake? I'd imagine it'd be quite late for most people
Topic Starter
flevy

a loli wrote:

are people even awake? I'd imagine it'd be quite late for most people
funfact. as in the post described, the timezones will make some problems, but i can't fix them right now.

just sayin. how you wanna change it? want me to stay up all night to get the lobby together? im working.

Lobby is open now.
buny
Probably would have better success creating a table so that people could fill in what times they're free.

It wouldn't matter if you're just going to create a public lobby, though. Judging from what I've seen in the past, players don't tend to commit very well to community handled events.
The Gambler
I would go if I didn't have class right now
Topic Starter
flevy

a loli wrote:

Probably would have better success creating a table so that people could fill in what times they're free.

It wouldn't matter if you're just going to create a public lobby, though. Judging from what I've seen in the past, players don't tend to commit very well to community handled events.

well. that timetable isnt a bad idea. i'm gonna consider that in the future.
But in fact, i chose a good time i think. i had 80% of my participants join the practice.
tecu
Haven't been able to join any of the sessions so far because of work. I'll try to do better in the future.

The timetable thing seems like a good idea.
Vuelo Eluko

a loli wrote:

The Gambler wrote:

my turn

the 4k mmr plays x'd
The Gambler

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

-snip-
Damn man, I just said I cleaned up most of my posts. Except for this thread
Your video isn't even osu-related.
Vuelo Eluko
my username in video is Delrio, of course it's osu! related
leepdesu
HR is a pain but hey, never give up guys!1!
show more