forum

Osu got infected apparently

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nightstar_old_1
My anti virus found osu to be infected right after i download a beatmap from this site. It says appdata local osu!.exe and i just want to know if this website has viruses or not
Aurani
Osu is one big virus when you think about it. It leeches on your life and money for no reason, so in a way, your anti virus program got it right, but unless it has the capability of pondering about the psychological and financial effects of playing Osu every day, then no, it's just a false alarm.
Cleared_old_1
Doesn't really sound right, you possibly downloaded it off of a fake site?
deadbeat
you're using avira...aren't you :/
A Medic
Osu isn't a virus it is likely a false positive made by your antivirus.
Stefan
Put the .exe to the exceptions and make sure you downloaded it from the website here. Don't download it from anywhere but here.
-ryusakihatsue-

Aurani wrote:

Osu is one big virus when you think about it. It leeches on your life and money for no reason, so in a way, your anti virus program got it right, but unless it has the capability of pondering about the psychological and financial effects of playing Osu every day, then no, it's just a false alarm.
Topic Starter
Nightstar_old_1
umm i dont understand how osu leeches on one's life in terms of money. it is free
Kibbleru

Ravenos wrote:

umm i dont understand how osu leeches on one's life in terms of money. it is free
2 things

1. it leeches time and time is money
2. supporter
yeahyeahyeahhh

Ravenos wrote:

My anti virus found osu to be infected right after i download a beatmap from this site. It says appdata local osu!.exe and i just want to know if this website has viruses or not

That's cause you're on it
deadbeat
And we're done here. osu! is fine. Your antivirus is just giving you a false positive. Whitelist osu! and you'll be fine