forum

[invalid] New diff icon

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
vitail
i like that idea, because people can see the maps with hard diff, like Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane, Expert, and other diff to 6,5 or 7 stars up, and the name can be Hell or something, because the Expert maps is 5,4 or 5,5 stars to up and people can't see in the page what maps are very difficult (about 7 stars) and difficult (expert maps)
Faustas156

vitail wrote:

i like that idea, because people can see the maps with hard diff, like Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane, Expert, and other diff to 6,5 or 7 stars up, and the name can be Hell or something, because the Expert maps is 5,4 or 5,5 stars to up and people can't see in the page what maps are very difficult (about 7 stars) and difficult (expert maps)
???

a star with a letter h ? nah, not a good idea :P
Bara-
Uhm no
Not needed, and will only encourage people to make it even harder if they are close to "H" icon
I see no need in it, it'll get used so rarely
GhostFrog

Baraatje123 wrote:

Uhm no
Not needed, and will only encourage people to make it even harder if they are close to "H" icon
Current diff icons probably do this too, especially the X one. I don't think adding a new icon would make it any worse and shitmaps will be shitmaps.

Also, H is already used for Hard. I do think Extra covers a HUGE difficulty range even among playable maps, but Braatje might be right about a potential new icon seeing little enough use (especially among ranked maps) to not be warranted as of yet. The lowest value I could see being used as a threshold for a new icon is 6 stars and even that would probably be stepping on Extra's toes a little. Would be useful for unranked maps, but there just aren't that many ranked maps that are so hard that they need their own classification.
Trosk-

Baraatje123 wrote:

Uhm no
^This.
abraker

GhostFrog wrote:

The lowest value I could see being used as a threshold for a new icon is 6 stars and even that would probably be stepping on Extra's toes a little. Would be useful for unranked maps, but there just aren't that many ranked maps that are so hard that they need their own classification.
Would be useful for future hardcore maps. Top ranks in mania can do up to 12 star maps.

Trosk- wrote:

Baraatje123 wrote:

Uhm no
^This.
I think it's 50/50 in any case, as GhostFrog said, shitmaps will be shitmaps.

How about a black color and "O" icon for overkill?
RepHurricane340
Maybe a black moon with a black N for Nightmare? like in Beatstream.
Or use a GOLD CROWN WITH A L for LEGENDARY.
Yauxo

lmz123 wrote:

Maybe a black moon with a black N for Nightmare? like in Beatstream.
Or use a GOLD CROWN WITH A L for LEGENDARY.
Legendary sounds like it'd encourage new mappers to shitmap everything just to have a fancy "Legendary Difficulty"
Okoratu
Since Extra =/= Extra having sth to differentiate between extras would actually make a bit of sense imo

But assigning a certain name to them seems dumb
FrzR
Reminds me of the "Light Insane" or "Hard+" diffs on some mapsets with the same icon but yes, this doesn't need an extra addition and it is good the way it is now.
Stefan
Anything above 5.25 stars is more than enough, we don't want to encourage people having for the future.