forum

Some "HP/AR/OD/CS/Length" search filters changes suggestion

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Ntasuto
So the thing with the search filters mentioned in the topics title is that they ignore the mod(s) you have selected, which with the "star(s)" search filter this is not the case.

To put it simple, if we have a 5star map AR:9 /length 2:00 /CS:4 and we enable the DT mod. It will become a 7star(example) map AR:10.3/length 1:20/CS:4.
By typing stars=7 the map will be in the results along with some other maps probably. However, if you try searching by typing Length=80 or AR>9 the map wont appear in the results because these search filters and the other ones mentioned are only applied to the map's original values.

Having these search filters ignore the selected mods are kinda frustrated cuz for example: you are enabling HR and you want to play AR10 maps ,you have to search AR>=7.2 (cuz if you don't ,maps that have AR7.2 - AR9.9 will not appear in results) which is very confusing and makes no sense. Same goes for the other filters.

Since the "star(s)" filter works with the HR/DT mode then i think it would be a nice to have all search filters work this way.
Bara-
This doesn't exist yet?
Wow, that surprised me
I agree with this
Orion

Baraatje123 wrote:

This doesn't exist yet?
Wow, that surprised me
I agree with this
I actually don't think AR 10.3 shows up either. I think anything over 10 just appears as 10 which I've always found odd
GhostFrog

Orion wrote:

Baraatje123 wrote:

This doesn't exist yet?
Wow, that surprised me
I agree with this
I actually don't think AR 10.3 shows up either. I think anything over 10 just appears as 10 which I've always found odd
AR10.3 shows up as 9. AR values aren't changed to show the new value when you have mods selected and things like that are what this feature request is about.

I'm kind of torn on this request. I feel like most of the time, I'm glad filters don't change when I add mods. If wanting to play cs4+HR, it's easier to type "cs=4" than "cs=5.2" and it involves less math. We're all used to what cs4+HR means. It's inconvenient, however, to have to do separate searches for "cs>=5" nomod and "cs>=3.8" with HR.

I definitely think bpm changing when adding DT or HT would be nice (why no bpm in thread title?). If you have "bpm=210" searched nomod and then turn on DT, it's unlikely that you'll be okay with playing 315 bpm maps and I don't see much benefit from searching "bpm=140" when looking to play 140bpm DT as opposed to just searching for the actual bpm you'll be playing. Well...I guess the benefit is from DT turning integer bpm into non-integer bpm, but that only matters if you want to play one specific bpm and that's probably a lot less common than looking to play a narrow range of them.

AR changing per mod would possibly be useful when searching for "AR>9.5" or "AR=10" and then turning on HR, but not much else. I don't think very many people search for "AR=9", then turn on DT looking for AR7 maps to play at 1.5x speed. The difference between AR9 nomod maps and maps that are AR9 with DT is in general pretty huge.

Length....idk, it's kind of 50-50 to me.

OD would probably be inconvenient to have change (and OD doesn't really change when you turn on DT, so that complicates things). There aren't very many maps that have od>9 nomod, whereas turning on DT or HR will frequently cause that, so you probably wouldn't turn on DT or HR and want to keep the same OD filter anyway.

BPM is the only filter I would really *want* to see changed when turning on mods, but the rest wouldn't be bad for the most part. A more robust search system (that shows results for multiple mod combinations of your choice, for example) would be a much better solution to this, but is less likely to get added because it would be more difficult. Meh. I don't really support this.
Hakj3r
Well, not counting the thing that the changes in AR/OD/HP/BPM while DT is on are caused only because of length, sometimes it really is annoying. Lately I'm learning how to play HDHR and while I want to find maps with specific parameters with those mods on (for example: stars>4 ar<10 bpm<200)... let's just say it's really tiring.

GhostFrog wrote:

AR10.3 shows up as 9. AR values aren't changed to show the new value when you have mods selected and things like that are what this feature request is about.

In my case, if it is over 10 it simply shows 10, nothing lower, nothing higher.

GhostFrog wrote:

OD would probably be inconvenient to have change (and OD doesn't really change when you turn on DT, so that complicates things). There aren't very many maps that have od>9 nomod, whereas turning on DT or HR will frequently cause that, so you probably wouldn't turn on DT or HR and want to keep the same OD filter anyway.

OD does change with DT. Not as much as HR, but still. I wrote about it in first lines.
GhostFrog

vietnam13231 wrote:

GhostFrog wrote:

Are you sure AR>10 gets grouped with AR10 at all? When I search AR=10 with DT on, I only get maps that are AR10 nomod. I don't get AR8.5 maps (which are AR10 with DT) and I don't get AR9 maps, which are AR>10 with DT. And of course there are no maps with nomod AR>10.

GhostFrog wrote:

OD does change with DT. Not as much as HR, but still. I wrote about it in first lines.
Actually, it doesn't. Explanation I posted recently:

GhostFrog wrote:

Technically, DT doesn't change OD. It makes the game's internal clock run 1.5x as fast. This changes the hit window so that the 300 window is the same as it otherwise would be for a different OD (as shown in the table linked by [Taiga]) and it does so in a way that would exactly match the AR change if not for rounding. However, the window for a 100 and the window for a 50 aren't in the same proportion across different OD values as the windows for 300s are, so the hit windows don't exactly match those of any real OD. More specifically, DT decreases the overall hit window for a 100 or a 50 to a value smaller than they would have if it actually changed the OD. The most noticeable effect of this is that notelock is less of an issue.

Also, OD affects how difficult it is to spin spinners and DT doesn't change that.

So the technically correct answer is that DT does not change OD. The real answer is that it does.
In a similar way, AR7+DT isn't the same as AR9 nomod because the animation is different. I would still call it AR9 though because I think "a measure of the time between a circle's appearance and when it's supposed to be hit" is a reasonable definition for approach rate, whereas "a value that determines the 300 hit window" is not an adequate definition for OD.
Hakj3r

GhostFrog wrote:

vietnam13231 wrote:

GhostFrog wrote:

Are you sure AR>10 gets grouped with AR10 at all? When I search AR=10 with DT on, I only get maps that are AR10 nomod. I don't get AR8.5 maps (which are AR10 with DT) and I don't get AR9 maps, which are AR>10 with DT. And of course there are no maps with nomod AR>10.

There is a catch with DT. It doesn't change AR or OD, it speeds up the song. That's why it stays at 10, that's why there is a triangle next to AR/HP/OD, and those + length are in red instead of white.
GhostFrog
Um....I said that same thing more descriptively later in that post? Nice bump though