forum

Toby Fox - Megalovania

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Enkidu
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Invert Tails Prower
Hey there, random modding on what you got :U

For starters I am loving what you already have now and I hope to see more of this map from you.

Some style questions though:

00:08:096 (1) - The previous 3 sequences of this segment has this first note llocated now at (x:128 y:336) would have been close to the last note, you may want to consider moving it closer, my suggestion would be to (x:288 y:240) if you want to keep your style fluid.

Everything else looks smooth from here.
I do want t o mention i kinda am working on an undertale beatmap too and i am willing to share my skinning resources with anyone else making one. Mainly a health bar and a few sounds and maybe a custom cursor.

Not to intrude with it though i do like how it would look to have the health bar on your map at least.

Keep up the good work.
Topic Starter
Enkidu

Invert Tails Prower wrote:

Hey there, random modding on what you got :U

For starters I am loving what you already have now and I hope to see more of this map from you.

Some style questions though:

00:08:096 (1) - The previous 3 sequences of this segment has this first note llocated now at (x:128 y:336) would have been close to the last note, you may want to consider moving it closer, my suggestion would be to (x:288 y:240) if you want to keep your style fluid.
Totally didn't expect to go anywhere with this map but now I kind of have to - thanks, done!

I'd love to use that health bar, actually, it looks amazing, thank you!
Bites
I don't have time to do an in-depth review of individual portions of the map - but more importantly, I really think the whole thing needs to be revised.

It appears as though you disabled grid, enabled distance snapping, and went ham - no meaningful or appealing patterns, just hand-wrecking jumps without rest. It's not fun or readable. It's fine to have huge jumps - they're a part of any difficult map... but goodness, have some control. It didn't even lose its pace during the calmer second portion of the song... it just got harder?? It's an important part to have the difficulty of the patterns appropriately scaled with the music, relative to the rest of the song. If you have crazy ass jumps in the frantic beginning, then tone it down a bit when the song gets calmer so that you can create more interesting patterns to look at and play, instead of just using as much screen space as possible.