forum

how much do supporters help with funds

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-ryusakihatsue-
i wonder if anyone actually knows how much osu gets(earns) from supporters/and/or from the store
if not, care to take a guess and explain why... ?

i've just been awfully curious about this
abraker
With a rough estimate of 1000 supporters at $4 per month, that's $4000 per month minimum.
Rilene
Enough to satify the needs of several families per month.
A Medic
Well peppy still has costs (server space, services, food etc...) but likely with the raw amount of players that osu gets he likely makes enough to live quite comfortably in whatever location he currently resides at.

edit: so Tl;dr he makes enough.
Green Platinum
No amount of money could make me put up with the shit this community gives him every month though.
Topic Starter
-ryusakihatsue-

Green Platinum wrote:

No amount of money could make me put up with the shit this community gives him every month though.
i get where you come from

good job handling all of that peppy.. thanks for all you've done for this game
Wuxo
4$ keeps osu's servers alive for just 6minutes.
You will know that if you actually have read the email you got after buying it
Railey2

abraker wrote:

With a rough estimate of 1000 supporters at $4 per month, that's $4000 per month minimum.
You mean maximum. Don't forget that you get discount on buying supporter for more than a month. And theres probably taxes to be considered as well.
Topic Starter
-ryusakihatsue-

Droplet wrote:

4$ keeps osu's servers alive for just 6minutes.
You will know that if you actually have read the email you got after buying it
i've only been gifted supporter before, so i'm not sure
nice to know though
abraker

Railey2 wrote:

abraker wrote:

You mean maximum. Don't forget that you get discount on buying supporter for more than a month. And theres probably taxes to be considered as well.
Oh haven't considered that. Good catch.

not being financially independent yet, I tend to not think about taxes.
Annadine

If 4 dollars keep osu running for 6.3 mins, that means peppy needs to pay... $914.3 per day :o
That is the same as $27,428.6 per month =.=
Also, I don't think there are only 1,000 supporters out of 7 million osu! players...
Stefan

Annadine wrote:

If 4 dollars keep osu running for 6.3 mins, that means peppy needs to pay... $914.3 per day :o
Also, I don't think there are only 1,000 supporters out of 7 million osu! players...
There is also the store with the tablets, the banners, etc.
Railey2

Annadine wrote:

According to this, .23% of all accounts are active supporters, so approximately one out of 400.
If they pay an average of $3 a month, peppy gets 48090.75 USD a month, gross. I have no idea how much taxes there are to pay on that, I also don't know if he pays flyte for working on osu!next's design, and how much he gets through the merchandise he sells. But it should be enough to pay for the server-cost and make a decent living on the side. So fear not, osu will probably keep going for a while
abraker
Wow interesring blog post. I guess it's case closed.
FrzR
It's gradually saving up to finally get peppy his own private jet.