posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DooM
Firgured we should have a cooking thread

We post videos, speak, discuss, recipes all about cooking 8-) :P

I'll start this off

Rilene
Try mix egg and water to 1:1 ratio, stir them nicely and add some seasonings to your preference then microwave it on 800W for 2-3 minute (or alternatively steam it for a better texture)
Vuelo Eluko
Virgin boy eggs or "tong zi dan" Chinese: 童子尿煮鸡蛋; pinyin: Tóngzǐ Niào Zhǔ Jīdàn[1]) are a traditional delicacy of Dongyang, China made by cooking eggs in urine collected from young boys.[2] Every year in early spring time, the urine of prepubescent school boys preferably under 10 years is collected and boiled with eggs and sold for 1.50 yuan,[3] around twice the price of a regular boiled egg.[4] In 2008, Dongyang recognized the eggs as "local intangible cultural heritage."[5]

Urine is collected from school toilets[2][6] or boys urinate directly into collection buckets set out by vendors.[5] The eggs are soaked and boiled in the urine.[2] The shells are cracked and cooked more on low heat like tea eggs. Cooking takes all day.[2][5][6]
Rilene
Eww, cooking eggs in urine.
Topic Starter
DooM

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

Virgin boy eggs or "tong zi dan" Chinese: 童子尿煮鸡蛋; pinyin: Tóngzǐ Niào Zhǔ Jīdàn[1]) are a traditional delicacy of Dongyang, China made by cooking eggs in urine collected from young boys.[2] Every year in early spring time, the urine of prepubescent school boys preferably under 10 years is collected and boiled with eggs and sold for 1.50 yuan,[3] around twice the price of a regular boiled egg.[4] In 2008, Dongyang recognized the eggs as "local intangible cultural heritage."[5]

Urine is collected from school toilets[2][6] or boys urinate directly into collection buckets set out by vendors.[5] The eggs are soaked and boiled in the urine.[2] The shells are cracked and cooked more on low heat like tea eggs. Cooking takes all day.[2][5][6]

Nasty af fam, if you treat me i'll try tho, real talk
Emayecue
Who can say "Cooking Thread" without Epic Meal Time?

Topic Starter
DooM
abraker
I have a theory these food threads are here just to satisfy Rilene
Rilene

abraker wrote:

I have a theory these food threads are here just to satisfy Rilene
Not the main reason of the thread but I still like this thread.
Jordan
Tfw the only thing I can cook are scrambled eggs.

That's definitely more than enough though.

also

A Medic
I can teach you the art of making foods in your college dorm room w/o a stove
Topic Starter
DooM

A Medic wrote:

I can teach you the art of making foods in your college dorm room w/o a stove
That would be awsome man
Rilene
You guys didn't post a simple & easy recipe here.
Green Platinum
This ended up how I expected it too.
Does anyone have any good mushroom sauce recipes for meats (or pasta I guess)? Ideally with a White or Verloute sauce base. I've just been repurposing a carbonara recipe atm.
Rilene

Green Platinum wrote:

This ended up how I expected it too.
Does anyone have any good mushroom sauce recipes for meats (or pasta I guess)? Ideally with a White or Verloute sauce base. I've just been repurposing a carbonara recipe atm.
I wish I can make a proper pasta sauce.
Maybe try search the recipe in internet if possible?

Though carbonara with salty mushroom and cheese goes well somehow, at least in my taste.
Emayecue

Green Platinum wrote:

Does anyone have any good mushroom sauce recipes for meats....
Here's mine, I am not sure if you'll like it tho

Green Platinum
I don't consider heating something from a can cooking. The skill and effort required to make something from scratch is much more satisfying.
Rilene

Emayecue wrote:

Canned food is good but the quality and taste isn't the same compared to handmade foods.

Though it looks tasty.
Emayecue

Rilene wrote:

Canned food is good but the quality and taste isn't the same compared to handmade foods.

Though it looks tasty.
Yea I know, it was kinda intended as a joke. Although handmade stuff is indeed always superior, sometime the difference in cost/taste makes it illogical to make it from scratch.

For instance, I buy these cans at about 1.49$ each, and they are plenty delicious enough. I could maybe up the quality a notch, but it would cost at least 3X or 4X that's without counting the work involved, so it's all a question of balance :)
Rilene
Yeah but in general, canned food is lot cheaper compared to handmade which involves cleaning, time, preparation, electricity/fuel and ingredients which could ultimately cost money but that is the main advantage of canned food over handmade food.

Emayecue wrote:

Yea I know, it was kinda intended as a joke.
Oh lol, didn't know that.
Emayecue

Rilene wrote:

It's okay,

I really, really do, forgive you with all my heart :)
Rilene

Rilene wrote:

Emayecue wrote:

It's okay,

I really, really do, forgive you with all my heart :)
I'm pretty sure there is no need for such a thing which isn't a problem, lol.

Though, I'm hungry now.
Topic Starter
DooM

This is god
The Gambler
Obligatory shitpost:

Emayecue

The Gambler wrote:

Obligatory shitpost:

That's just awesome lol, what a brilliant idea! haha
Rilene

DooM wrote: