forum

toby fox + RichaadEB - MEGALOVANIA ~Dual Mix~

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
The_CJ
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Samstag, 19. August 2017 at 02:36:42

Artist: toby fox + RichaadEB
Title: MEGALOVANIA ~Dual Mix~
Source: Undertale
Tags: death streams, jumps, good, bad time, papyrus, sans, chara, flowey, rpg, dog, -m4x, memes, ending, choices
BPM: 240
Filesize: 8363kb
Play Time: 03:09
Difficulties Available:
  1. Excors (9,43 stars, 1015 notes)
  2. Extra (5,54 stars, 753 notes)
  3. Hard (3,93 stars, 492 notes)
  4. Hyper (4,56 stars, 615 notes)
  5. -M4x's Easy (2,19 stars, 230 notes)
  6. Normal (2,75 stars, 308 notes)
  7. Ultra (7,01 stars, 922 notes)
Download: toby fox + RichaadEB - MEGALOVANIA ~Dual Mix~
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Please help me get this map RANKED, thx <3 (or at least Loved)
Also Take a look at the Storyboard :3

It's a beautiful day outside.
birds are singing,
flowers are blooming...
on days like these,
kids like you...

Should be burning in hell...

*heh heh heh... that's your fault, isn't it?
*You will have a bad time, buddy.

>> Info: I know its crazy to even think about ranking this,
BUT idc, i mean, why not :3 (nothing against the Criteria at least nothing important)
{common take it as the ultimate challenge}

Thanks for modding:
-Xephyr- (Extra Diff.)
Enkrypton (Hard and some Normal)
Cirno-baka9 (M4x Easy, Normal, Hard , Hyper and Extra )
-Levi- (Insane)
Nephroid (Insane)
SkyLifeHope (Insane)
XVoIR (Excors)
Fort (Excors)
aaand much more. thx :3

Guest Diff. by: -M4x

Map Testers:
-Levi-
Blank-
WubWoofWolf
Reimu-Desu
Much more...
Te Amo
Amazing, good job dude
Kamatari_old
My favorite song since I heard it <3
I'd love to ask you to consider making a normal diff instead of the easy one. Easy doesn't seem to work with the map since it's so fast, while all other diffs you did are absolutely unplayable for a casual noob like me. Still, I'd suggest allowing players to do mistakes even in insane. Losing because you lost one beat kinda makes no sense, since it means you won't get an S anyway, so people can just pick "sudden death" in the mods when they want it that way. This means that people that kinda get it can have fun with super-hard diffs to get a B or A.

Another little change I'd suggest is the intro. The spin part is simply boring, you could instead start the song warm-up from it (make it the wait time, instead of sans talking). :)
Topic Starter
The_CJ
ok, i change this.
it makes the map a bit shorter.
Good idea...

..... but i liked the spinner -_-
Topic Starter
The_CJ
BTW.. as i said more diffs. are in work

if someone can make a good easy or normal diff.
pls contact me.
-GriM-
you're using kudosu wrong, dont give kudosu to compliments. give them to real mods.
Topic Starter
The_CJ
emmmm... ok
Kaerulans
Thanks for making the mapset. Had a lot of fun with Insane diff (too bad to play the higher ones), really great job on that one.
Topic Starter
The_CJ
Still working on new one....
But my life sucks right now..... but i try my best
Topic Starter
The_CJ
I HATE MY FUCKING LIFE..... i did a typo on the beatmap commands..... don'e, instead of don't,
welp i fucked up...
Tassadar
nerf hp on excors please :^)
Topic Starter
The_CJ
Nerfed :^3
Topic Starter
The_CJ
i finally changed the Background, its now more SANS like :3
[ Drop ]
Is this for rank ?
Topic Starter
The_CJ

choikapo wrote:

Is this for rank ?
Hell yeah, it is, (hopefully)
-Xephyr-
This is for Genocide.

00:30:991 (1) - This string of notes doesn't fit, seems out of place since the music is not all one note and not just descending. Maybe rearrange it like the string after it or make a little jump at note 4 since that is where the start of the next measure is.

00:47:241 (3) - This part here just seems off from the others. The stressed beats are not placed in the same way as the previous 4 or 5 times that the riff here happens, it might be because you are starting this section off of a slider end, which can throw some stuff off. You didn't start on slider ends on any of the previous iterations of this rhythm, though.

01:08:366 (1) - I noticed this is all of the difficulties that you have done, for some reason you ignore the big hook of the song right here and just let the notes go with the chug rhythm in the background. Maybe this is what you wanted but to me not playing the awesome fanfare part here leaves me wondering why it wasn't mapped. I understand it's fast but the map is already 5.6 stars.

01:27:366 (1) - This slider thing seems out of place, doesn't flow correctly for me.

01:28:366 (1) - If you're going to have this be a thing ONCE in the map I'd say either make it another short reverse slider or make all the short reverse sliders into this kind of stream, it feels really strange doing this only once. This part tripped me up every time and I couldn't understand what it was doing until I went into the editor and saw that it was just a replacement slider.

01:43:741 (1) - This section is a BIT too repetitive. Change it up after slider 4 or 5 maybe.

02:38:366 (1) - Nope, this is not rankable. Sliders under sliders is a no-no, I can't believe I even saw this when I first played the map.

02:09:866 (1) - Spacing is inconsistent with this note, you had a very similar section right before it and it had a better spacing layout.

02:20:866 (7) - I think this stream should start here and maybe even add a blue 6 to go into the red 1. Feels strange to pause here during such a fast song's solo.

02:22:366 (1) - This slider goes on for too long, the purple slider after it should happen on the down-beat, white line instead of the red line.

02:52:241 (1) - These reverse sliders feel much too long, I double checked the first time you mapped this part and there were zero of these. The first time playing this part felt way better than this one, you spend too much time on these sliders for such a fast song. For me it completely killed the flow, I had no clue when it was going to reverse once or twice half the time.

02:59:116 (1,2) - Whatever this is seems extremely unnecessary.

02:59:116 (1,2) - Went a little crazy with the combo button here, haha.

Overall not bad, I might keep modding it just because I enjoy the song so much. Haven't even played Undertale but this remix is very good.
The map is kind of a bit bland sometimes because of the jump limitations of 240bpm, but also because the map doesn't accent a lot of the cool parts of the song. I feel like I'm just playing a chug riff most of the time, which works for some parts of the song but not all of them.

Hope this helps as a quick mod, didn't go too deep into stylistic changes, just stuff that really felt off.
Topic Starter
The_CJ
BronzeXephyr

Thanks, that's really helping me :)
Enkrypton
This is actually my first forum post AND suggestion for a beatmap. So don't be so hard on me pls :3

Since i love undertale so much, im want to help get a undertale map ranked! And yours looks like it has great potential!

Im not so good at the game itself, so i only can test pacifist and neutral out.

Pacifist:
The map was pretty easy to follow and all the single beats were nice.
After the chiptune intro, there is a series of very long sliders. Due to the approach rate the sliders kinda overlap each other for one second and it looks kinda messed up. I tried hard rock, and dt. Those worked really well. Besides that this difficulty was pretty nice, i liked following along to beats.
Modded with DT, and hardrock. no problems on my end.

Neutral:
The first slider was really fast. If you set it on hardrock and nightcore, it was kinda hard for me to get perfect on that. Im not sure if im just bad at the game or use a mouse, but phew, that was really fast and took me a couple tries to do it. This applies so some of the harder levels too.
Modding with nightcore was only to test the beginning.
I modded this difficulty with hardrock and played it thru, i actually did better than playing it without mods .-.
HP recovery seems to be a little TOO rewarding, i went to the red zone and 2 easy sliders brought me back up to almost full.

So yeah, those are my suggestions plus modding. I hope it helps and i hope your map gets ranked!

P.S nice backgrounds i saved those for myself ;)
Topic Starter
The_CJ
Thanks <3
CrescendoV_Leux
For Difficulty [Bad Time], You can try using AR9.7 instead of AR10. HP and OD and be fine tuned a little, but that's up to you.
Sylvette
Just a little mod.
Bold: Unrankable.
Red: Much better if changed.
Orange: Pretty better if changed.
Blue: Of little importance, but still would probably look better.
Important!

A difficulty's name must indicate its level of difficulty, with the exception of the hardest level of difficulty in a set. This means you need to change Pacifist to Light Hard, Neutral to Light Insane, Determination to Insane, Genocide to Expert, and Bad Time to Extra. I'd also recommend Excors to be renamed "Bad Time" as it fits more. Also, you need to add a map in between pacifist and neutral to have a good difficulty spread.
The map needs changed combo colors, don't use default.
Also, you need a normal that is below 2 stars to be rankable (I think).
Pacifist (Light Hard)
00:12:554 (1,2) - Meet these two in the center and make a stack, it looks better.
00:27:366 (1) - Should have a bigger curve in my opinion.
02:14:366 (7) - ^
02:51:366 (1) - Should end earlier, not well timed there.
02:53:366 (1) - ^
Sorry for the bad mod, not good at modding maps this easy.
Neutral (Light Insane)
00:26:991 (1,2,3) - Looks really messy, might look better like this.
00:28:241 (1) - Not much of a reason to put a new combo there.
00:37:366 (1) - Overmapped, and doesn't look well compared to the rest of the combo.
00:43:366 (1) - ^^
00:47:616 (2) - This feels like it could use a curve here.
01:17:616 (2) - Looks better if X:336 and Y:160.
01:14:366 (4) - This overmap really bothers me.
01:19:366 (1) - ^
01:21:366 (1) - ^
01:35:366 (1) - ^
01:37:366 (1) - ^ (yes, in orange)
02:15:366 (1) - ^ (red again)
02:17:366 (1) - ^
02:38:366 (4) - ^
01:24:866 (2) - Could use more of a curve here.
02:37:866 (3) - ^
Determination (Insane)
00:12:554 (1,2) - Meet these two in the center and make a stack, it looks better.
00:22:241 (1) - Could use more of a curve.
00:24:241 (1) - ^
01:24:116 (4) - ^
01:07:366 (1,2,3,4) - This part looks pretty bad in my opinion.
01:19:366 (1,1,2,3,4,1,1) - This overmap really bothers me.
01:35:366 (1,1,2,3,4,1,2) - ^
02:15:366 (1,2,3,4) - ^
02:18:366 (1) - ^
02:21:366 (1,1,1) - ^
02:47:366 (1,1,2,3,4,5,6) - ^
01:24:616 (2,3,4,5,6) - I dislike this pattern, please change.
01:27:741 (1,2,3,4,5) - ^
02:52:866 (1,2,3,4) - ^
02:53:866 (3,4,5,6) - ^
01:41:366 (1,1,1) - Should be changed to just one spinner.
02:02:991 (1,2,3) - These sliders look horrible.
Genocide (Expert)
00:30:491 (2) - Slider doesn't look good here without a curve.
00:32:491 (2) - ^
00:36:366 (1,2,3) - Pattern doesn't make sense.
00:40:616 (2) - Use CTRL+> 2 times on the one before this, and put it where this was. It looks horrible mixed with the ones before it.
00:44:241 (1) - You know how I say many of your sliders need more of a curve, but this one actually needs less of a curve.
00:45:866 (6) - ^
01:51:616 (1,2,3,4,5) - ^
01:19:366 (1,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,1) - Overmap bothers me just a little bit.
01:35:366 (1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - ^
02:15:366 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,1) - ^
02:23:366 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,1,2,3,4,1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - ^
01:44:366 (1) - Needs more of a curve.
02:57:866 (1) - ^
02:10:991 (1) - Oh god, this overmap... ._. (it might actually qualify as a hold slider, which is unrankable. Huge emphasis on the might.)
Too lazy to mod the rest, sorry. :(
Topic Starter
The_CJ
Im currently out for one week, because pf work.
Im back on 7.2.16. Then take all modes together.
Thanks anyways :)

Also must beatmaps diff. Namens really always the same lame ?
Sylvette

The_CJ wrote:

Also must beatmaps diff. Namens really always the same lame ?
Because of bad grammar, I didn't exactly understand what you tried to say, but I think answer is yes.
Topic Starter
The_CJ
-_- #bestGrammar
Sry dude. It was 11:50 pm for me as wrote that.
Byside that, m grammar is always Bad + im sending all reply's from my phone, because i don't have internet during this week
I do my best (...mostly) :P
-Xephyr-
There are plenty of ranked maps that do not follow the Beginner, Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane, Extra difficulty rule, especially those that use other game's terms like Exhaust. I'm sure there are ways to work around it so I would only change the difficulty names if explicitly asked to by someone who actually has power when it comes to ranking maps.
Enkrypton
Difficulty names doesn't really matter, some people use words like "hyper" or "another" instead of "insane" and "extra" or "intermediate" and "expert" and so on. I use to look at 3.5 stars and be like: oooh thats insane, now im like, psssh, its easy. "Difficulty names" go almost by the players experience.

Adding on. Some elctro, non jap songs, tend to use "Standard" "Hyper" "Another" and more typical osu songs use the regular "normal" "easy" "hard" like the song "Highscore" for example. There is so many variations of difficulty names i don't think it matters anymore.

There was many times i had a higher rank friend tell me, even tho the diff is called insane, that map should be a normal.
On the other hand, this map with unique difficulty names didn't create such controversy.

Also, Cirno-baka9, i have hardly ever seen the term of "Light" Hard and "Light insane"

Just some of my own info to add on, not sure if all if it is correct, but i guess it can help.
Also, The_CJ, im playing your map everyone once a while, its getting better each time, keep up the good work!
Topic Starter
The_CJ
Mmmm.. OK then. I keep the namens for now.
Im gonna ask a bit around, if thats ok,.

Whatever. Thanks for all the support. :]
Sylvette
Read the ranking criteria before posting things like this. https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Ranking_Criteria

BronzeXephyr wrote:

There are plenty of ranked maps that do not follow the Beginner, Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane, Extra difficulty rule, especially those that use other game's terms like Exhaust. I'm sure there are ways to work around it so I would only change the difficulty names if explicitly asked to by someone who actually has power when it comes to ranking maps.
Exhaust is actually a valid name for insane difficulties according to the rules. Any ranked maps that don't use Beginner, Easy, Standard, Normal, Hyper, Hard, Another, Insane, Exhaust, Extra, etc is either old or marathon. There is ways of working around it, but only if the difficulty names are based off of the actual difficulty.

Enkrypton wrote:

Difficulty names doesn't really matter, some people use words like "hyper" or "another" instead of "insane" and "extra" or "intermediate" and "expert" and so on. I use to look at 3.5 stars and be like: oooh thats insane, now im like, psssh, its easy. "Difficulty names" go almost by the players experience.
Like I said, hyper and another are proper difficulty names according to ranking criteria. Also, difficulty names do not go by the player's experience.
Below 1.50: Easy
1.50-2.25: Normal
2.25-3.75: Hard
3.75-5.25: Insane
Above 5.25: Expert

-Ranking Criteria

Enkrypton wrote:

Adding on. Some elctro, non jap songs, tend to use "Standard" "Hyper" "Another" and more typical osu songs use the regular "normal" "easy" "hard" like the song "Highscore" for example. There is so many variations of difficulty names i don't think it matters anymore.
Not true. it does matter.

Enkrypton wrote:

There was many times i had a higher rank friend tell me, even tho the diff is called insane, that map should be a normal.
On the other hand, this map with unique difficulty names didn't create such controversy.
It doesn't matter about what your friend says. If it's between 3.75 and 5.25, it's an insane. Your friend has no say in this.

Enkrypton wrote:

Also, Cirno-baka9, i have hardly ever seen the term of "Light" Hard and "Light insane"
Just because you haven't ever heard of it doesn't mean that you can't use it. Also, it is rankable according to ranking criteria.

Enkrypton wrote:

Just some of my own info to add on, not sure if all if it is correct, It isn't. but i guess it can help.
Also, The_CJ, im playing your map everyone once a while, its getting better each time, keep up the good work!
Don't try to continue this argument, the ranking criteria proves I am right.
Topic Starter
The_CJ
-_-...

Yeah...

Eeeeeee... Idk what i should say...

As i said, when im back, i gonna ask some other mapper or a contributor about the Name stuff.
Well then, cya.
Topic Starter
The_CJ
Btw. Is there anything thats need to be modded? (Byside the names)
Something like, OD, AR or anoying sliders?
-Xephyr-
I was going to wait until the changes from Cirno-Baka9's mod were done before going back to Genocide again for more suggestions so I don't repeat anything. I can do Determination if you need it but I'm not touching Bad Time or Excors. I can't play them competently enough to know how they actually feel or play.
Topic Starter
The_CJ
I changed all mods :]
xDololow
Hi. I have "cool" undertail hitsounds. Maybe use it?
http://puu.sh/n0fTW.7z

all undertail sounds: http://puu.sh/n0foJ.7z
Topic Starter
The_CJ
i'm out for work again,
for now it seems like i can only update the map during weekend,
but please, keep posting mods,
-Xephyr-
Genocide again. I've played this map quite a bit now, so I'm going to give mostly opinion based change advice. The ones in Red are global changes that I think everyone would agree on, not just me.

00:12:554 (1) - The countdown needs to go. Not only do maps not really use it more, but the high BPM makes it seem like the countdown doesn't go with anything.

00:39:366 (3) - This big downbeat here seems lost since it is within a combo and does not start a new section.
00:41:366 (3) - Same thing as above here.
00:43:366 (3) - And here as well. After playing this map a lot I noticed that it lacked "kick", for a lack of a better term. The map overall didn't feel SATISFYING when you hit the big beats, and I couldn't understand why until now. You're not accenting big downbeats in the song.
There are MANY occasions where this is the case, so I'm going to stop pointing them out, I can point them out in another post if you need me to.

00:38:366 (1,1,1) - Not sure why these have their own combo color, just because they are somewhat stacked? I'm probably in the wrong here for saying they should be all one combo, though.

00:48:991 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - These double taps kind of come out of nowhere and are, to me, annoying to play. It kind of messes with the flow since the rest of the map before it has been constant cursor motion and there's nothing really in the music to suggest double-tapping.

00:51:866 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - These should probably be all one combo, but again I could not know something about this.

00:58:116 (1) - You lose an important beat in this slider, feels weird not to hit it.

01:05:991 (1) - This spinner REALLY messes with the flow. Again, it doesn't feel satisfying to spin past a cool part in the song and it kind of comes out of nowhere.

01:09:366 (1) - Still don't know why you're not mapping the fast fanfare part here, instead of this longer slider it's the perfect part for 16ths or a small reverse slider so the player feels like they're playing that awesome little rhythm that's really unique to the song.

01:30:366 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This pattern seems a little smashed together and kind of awkwardly spaced, but I don't know how you would really fix it.

01:46:116 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - This part is pretty unimaginative. The interesting thing about this map is that it goes from high speed jumps to this kind of stuff extremely quickly, which isn't really a good thing. The map seems to change styles at every section sometime. You have a very flow-y map with very little sharp directional changes except for a couple places, so the "jumps" of the map come out of nowhere when this kind of pattern is the usual style.

02:18:366 (1,2,3,4,5) - There's zero reason why these sliders change speed. Makes this stream section that much more confusing.

02:23:366 (1) - Starting right here I would much rather just stream this normally, with circles instead of sliders. The sliders are incredibly annoying and difficulty to deal with when trying to combo, since at 240BPM it's very easy to let go too early and get a slider-break. If the player has been able to stream 240BPM for the first 3/4's of the song, I'd say they can stream 2 more sets and not feel too bad about it.

03:03:366 (7) - This should start a new combo.

03:04:366 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Like I said in that last big paragraph about jumps, this pattern here comes out of nowhere. I'm partially complaining because I can never hit it because I'm bad, but at the same time these jumpy parts come out of nowhere in an otherwise very linear map that is more about speed and dealing with the 240BPM and streaming rather than jumps.

That's my two cents again, feel free to message me in-game if you have any questions regarding any of this. Again most of this is my opinion so don't take it as fact.
show more