forum

toby fox + RichaadEB - MEGALOVANIA ~Dual Mix~

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
The_CJ
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Samstag, 19. August 2017 at 02:36:42

Artist: toby fox + RichaadEB
Title: MEGALOVANIA ~Dual Mix~
Source: Undertale
Tags: death streams, jumps, good, bad time, papyrus, sans, chara, flowey, rpg, dog, -m4x, memes, ending, choices
BPM: 240
Filesize: 8363kb
Play Time: 03:09
Difficulties Available:
  1. Excors (9,43 stars, 1015 notes)
  2. Extra (5,54 stars, 753 notes)
  3. Hard (3,93 stars, 492 notes)
  4. Hyper (4,56 stars, 615 notes)
  5. -M4x's Easy (2,19 stars, 230 notes)
  6. Normal (2,75 stars, 308 notes)
  7. Ultra (7,01 stars, 922 notes)
Download: toby fox + RichaadEB - MEGALOVANIA ~Dual Mix~
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Please help me get this map RANKED, thx <3 (or at least Loved)
Also Take a look at the Storyboard :3

It's a beautiful day outside.
birds are singing,
flowers are blooming...
on days like these,
kids like you...

Should be burning in hell...

*heh heh heh... that's your fault, isn't it?
*You will have a bad time, buddy.

>> Info: I know its crazy to even think about ranking this,
BUT idc, i mean, why not :3 (nothing against the Criteria at least nothing important)
{common take it as the ultimate challenge}

Thanks for modding:
-Xephyr- (Extra Diff.)
Enkrypton (Hard and some Normal)
Cirno-baka9 (M4x Easy, Normal, Hard , Hyper and Extra )
-Levi- (Insane)
Nephroid (Insane)
SkyLifeHope (Insane)
XVoIR (Excors)
Fort (Excors)
aaand much more. thx :3

Guest Diff. by: -M4x

Map Testers:
-Levi-
Blank-
WubWoofWolf
Reimu-Desu
Much more...
Te Amo
Amazing, good job dude
Kamatari_old
My favorite song since I heard it <3
I'd love to ask you to consider making a normal diff instead of the easy one. Easy doesn't seem to work with the map since it's so fast, while all other diffs you did are absolutely unplayable for a casual noob like me. Still, I'd suggest allowing players to do mistakes even in insane. Losing because you lost one beat kinda makes no sense, since it means you won't get an S anyway, so people can just pick "sudden death" in the mods when they want it that way. This means that people that kinda get it can have fun with super-hard diffs to get a B or A.

Another little change I'd suggest is the intro. The spin part is simply boring, you could instead start the song warm-up from it (make it the wait time, instead of sans talking). :)
Topic Starter
The_CJ
ok, i change this.
it makes the map a bit shorter.
Good idea...

..... but i liked the spinner -_-
Topic Starter
The_CJ
BTW.. as i said more diffs. are in work

if someone can make a good easy or normal diff.
pls contact me.
-GriM-
you're using kudosu wrong, dont give kudosu to compliments. give them to real mods.
Topic Starter
The_CJ
emmmm... ok
Kaerulans
Thanks for making the mapset. Had a lot of fun with Insane diff (too bad to play the higher ones), really great job on that one.
Topic Starter
The_CJ
Still working on new one....
But my life sucks right now..... but i try my best
Topic Starter
The_CJ
I HATE MY FUCKING LIFE..... i did a typo on the beatmap commands..... don'e, instead of don't,
welp i fucked up...
Tassadar
nerf hp on excors please :^)
Topic Starter
The_CJ
Nerfed :^3
Topic Starter
The_CJ
i finally changed the Background, its now more SANS like :3
[ Drop ]
Is this for rank ?
Topic Starter
The_CJ

choikapo wrote:

Is this for rank ?
Hell yeah, it is, (hopefully)
-Xephyr-
This is for Genocide.

00:30:991 (1) - This string of notes doesn't fit, seems out of place since the music is not all one note and not just descending. Maybe rearrange it like the string after it or make a little jump at note 4 since that is where the start of the next measure is.

00:47:241 (3) - This part here just seems off from the others. The stressed beats are not placed in the same way as the previous 4 or 5 times that the riff here happens, it might be because you are starting this section off of a slider end, which can throw some stuff off. You didn't start on slider ends on any of the previous iterations of this rhythm, though.

01:08:366 (1) - I noticed this is all of the difficulties that you have done, for some reason you ignore the big hook of the song right here and just let the notes go with the chug rhythm in the background. Maybe this is what you wanted but to me not playing the awesome fanfare part here leaves me wondering why it wasn't mapped. I understand it's fast but the map is already 5.6 stars.

01:27:366 (1) - This slider thing seems out of place, doesn't flow correctly for me.

01:28:366 (1) - If you're going to have this be a thing ONCE in the map I'd say either make it another short reverse slider or make all the short reverse sliders into this kind of stream, it feels really strange doing this only once. This part tripped me up every time and I couldn't understand what it was doing until I went into the editor and saw that it was just a replacement slider.

01:43:741 (1) - This section is a BIT too repetitive. Change it up after slider 4 or 5 maybe.

02:38:366 (1) - Nope, this is not rankable. Sliders under sliders is a no-no, I can't believe I even saw this when I first played the map.

02:09:866 (1) - Spacing is inconsistent with this note, you had a very similar section right before it and it had a better spacing layout.

02:20:866 (7) - I think this stream should start here and maybe even add a blue 6 to go into the red 1. Feels strange to pause here during such a fast song's solo.

02:22:366 (1) - This slider goes on for too long, the purple slider after it should happen on the down-beat, white line instead of the red line.

02:52:241 (1) - These reverse sliders feel much too long, I double checked the first time you mapped this part and there were zero of these. The first time playing this part felt way better than this one, you spend too much time on these sliders for such a fast song. For me it completely killed the flow, I had no clue when it was going to reverse once or twice half the time.

02:59:116 (1,2) - Whatever this is seems extremely unnecessary.

02:59:116 (1,2) - Went a little crazy with the combo button here, haha.

Overall not bad, I might keep modding it just because I enjoy the song so much. Haven't even played Undertale but this remix is very good.
The map is kind of a bit bland sometimes because of the jump limitations of 240bpm, but also because the map doesn't accent a lot of the cool parts of the song. I feel like I'm just playing a chug riff most of the time, which works for some parts of the song but not all of them.

Hope this helps as a quick mod, didn't go too deep into stylistic changes, just stuff that really felt off.
Topic Starter
The_CJ
BronzeXephyr

Thanks, that's really helping me :)
Enkrypton
This is actually my first forum post AND suggestion for a beatmap. So don't be so hard on me pls :3

Since i love undertale so much, im want to help get a undertale map ranked! And yours looks like it has great potential!

Im not so good at the game itself, so i only can test pacifist and neutral out.

Pacifist:
The map was pretty easy to follow and all the single beats were nice.
After the chiptune intro, there is a series of very long sliders. Due to the approach rate the sliders kinda overlap each other for one second and it looks kinda messed up. I tried hard rock, and dt. Those worked really well. Besides that this difficulty was pretty nice, i liked following along to beats.
Modded with DT, and hardrock. no problems on my end.

Neutral:
The first slider was really fast. If you set it on hardrock and nightcore, it was kinda hard for me to get perfect on that. Im not sure if im just bad at the game or use a mouse, but phew, that was really fast and took me a couple tries to do it. This applies so some of the harder levels too.
Modding with nightcore was only to test the beginning.
I modded this difficulty with hardrock and played it thru, i actually did better than playing it without mods .-.
HP recovery seems to be a little TOO rewarding, i went to the red zone and 2 easy sliders brought me back up to almost full.

So yeah, those are my suggestions plus modding. I hope it helps and i hope your map gets ranked!

P.S nice backgrounds i saved those for myself ;)
Topic Starter
The_CJ
Thanks <3
CrescendoV_Leux
For Difficulty [Bad Time], You can try using AR9.7 instead of AR10. HP and OD and be fine tuned a little, but that's up to you.
show more