forum

Favourite Anime?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Justykanna

Green Platinum wrote:

No because they all are compete ass. Kancolle especially so.

A boring go nowhere, cute girls doing cute things plot despite being set in WW2 and could easily have featured some proper themes.
Pathetic predictable drama.
Shallow character often completely defined by a singular word they say or cliche. Poi or fine lady for example. While the series has absolutely no drive to develop them.
When it tries for comedy it absolutely sucks too.
Everyone likes different anime for different reasons. Sure, the community may not think much of them, but there's always gonna be people whose favourite is one of your least favourites. That's what opinion is. Not everyone's gonna dislike / like the exact same ones. That's just how it is.
Zafufu

Justykanna wrote:

Everyone likes different anime for different reasons. Sure, the community may not think much of them, but there's always gonna be people whose favourite is one of your least favourites. That's what opinion is. Not everyone's gonna dislike / like the exact same ones. That's just how it is.
I support this. xD Is entertainment, not a contest. lol
Green Platinum

Justykanna wrote:

A naive position to have.
Nobody says X show is good because of horrible art or shallow characters; these things are an objectively bad thing to have. Sure there are series' that mitigate their weaknesses for example Ping Pong with it's terrible art but exemplary direction. If Kantai Collection has one of these I am all ears but from that side of the fence all I hear is crickets.
barteqw
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

My MAL
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/barteqw

You can add me.
-Nya-

Green Platinum wrote:

Justykanna wrote:

A naive position to have.
Nobody says X show is good because of horrible art or shallow characters; these things are an objectively bad thing to have. Sure there are series' that mitigate their weaknesses for example Ping Pong with it's terrible art but exemplary direction. If Kantai Collection has one of these I am all ears but from that side of the fence all I hear is crickets.
Still own opinion, Green Platinum. There will always be people with different tastes in movies/series. If you think a series/movie is absolutely brilliant, then chances are someone else will think it's total trash. Rather not criticise someone else's taste in series too much because I doubt you want someone else to do it to you.
Green Platinum

-Nya- wrote:

Rather not criticise someone else's taste in series too much because I doubt you want someone else to do it to you.
Go ahead.

But please point me to someone who holds the opinion that an undeveloped character is better than a complex one with motivations and aspirations? Otherwise you missed my point.
CodeS
Toradora
Cephus

NoxErinys wrote:

[ Robert ] wrote:

A close tie between NGE and Ping Pong the Animation.
Wow, I see very few people that like Ping Pong the Animation. It was awesome.

As for my favorites: Madoka Magika, Mushishi, Hyouka, Parasyte, Katanagatari. So hard to decide! I change my top 5 very often and usually they are in a tie, but I am sure that Madoka Magika, Hyouka and Mushishi will remain there for a long time.
The Anime Subreddit is basically a Ping Pong circlejerk. However I can't give my own opinion because I haven't yet watched it, it does look good though :)

My favorite would be Hunter x Hunter (2011)
- HellBird -
Haikyuu!!
Rainbow Dream
1. Sailor Moon
2. Madoka Magica
I honestly have watched a ton of anime and it's all pretty good, so I don't have a third or fourth favorite. But those two will probably always remain my favorites.
_mortis
1. Ookiku Furikabutte
2. Mushishi
3. Serial Experiments Lain
[ Pingu ]
It's kinda weird, because I prefer animes that were released years ago, like Lucky Star and Keroro Gunsou. To be honest, they're the only animes that I watch, I just re-watch them over and over again because no other animes really appeal to me.
Zafufu

[ Pingu ] wrote:

It's kinda weird, because I prefer animes that were released years ago, like Lucky Star and Keroro Gunsou. To be honest, they're the only animes that I watch, I just re-watch them over and over again because no other animes really appeal to me.
I love Keroro too, but could never find all the eps. xD Think I reached around 216?
Meguzumika
personally i have 2 animes in first place

Sakourasu No Pet na kanojo
yahari ore no seishun love come wa
R e n g e
Currently my favorite anime is Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy important Machigatteiru.
TTKGunzou
Some of my favorites would be:

Ufotable's Unlimited Blade Works - Epic quality Ufotable animation paired up with Nasu's writing (except the mollusks, of course) is great. Dolphins again though.

Fate/Zero - Urobutcher's writing strikes again- this time in glorious Ufotable animation. No dolphins.

Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio - The anime-original end + CG animation weren't the best incentives out there, but the upcoming movies show some great potential. At least they did the original end better than some shows... (looking at you, AgK.) This choice might have some manga reading-bias added in. Heh.

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou/ NichiBros - I have to admit, I simply laughed a lot in this show. Good comedy, sitcom-style moments, it's a shame the manga had to end.

Gintama - Comedy that'll make you laugh out loud even in the middle of the night and serious arcs that make you want to beg for more. Never ceases to amaze me.
Edz
Obvious answer lol. Hajime no ippo and Berserk. 8-)
Williemeister
Hajime no Ippo, no doubt. Best anime ever
u s a g i
There's so many so I had to put into a personal top 5.

5. Kuroshitsuji
4. Steins;Gate
3. Nisekoi
2. Tantai Opera Milky Holmes
1. Seraph Of The End
QuinnVH
I just love Fairy Tail :3
elliwz
Higurashi no naku koro ni/ naruto
Hikona
Guilty crown
Mizukashii
I think mine is Noragami
for reasons
EneT

Mizukashii wrote:

I think mine is Noragami
for reasons
That are clearly not good enough to state.
-Nya-

QuinnVH wrote:

I just love Fairy Tail :3
I love Fairy Tail too! NaLu Hype!~~~~~

EneT wrote:

Mizukashii wrote:

I think mine is Noragami
for reasons
That are clearly not good enough to state.
Of course Noragami can be a favourite. I don't understand why not. It was quite interesting and the Yato character was funny too, but serious when he needs to be. This anime can easily make a person's fav list if this kind of storyline or genre entertains them.
meii18
Hetalia,Amnesia,DRAMAtical Murder
FoxFastBuchi
No Game No Life
Nicola
#1: Madoka Magica
#2: Another
well who cares about the rest you asked for the one favorite
Renevant
Probably Toradora
Hikona

FoxFastBuchi wrote:

No Game No Life
Note
roloi
This is a really hard question for me, since I love a lot of anime out there despite what people say about every damn small details they have. My favourites can change, but for sure..

3. A bunch of other anime
2. Gintama (lol)
1. Code Geass

Currently rewatching 2013-2015 anime while waiting for the current+upcoming series finish airing
weihe123
Hm... Favorite animes... K-on or The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya. Moe too infectious to me... .______.
(Not Moe would probably be Full Metal Alchemist or Code Geass. Voice acting plus story makes an impression on me!)
N0thingSpecial
Fav:
FMAB
Ergo Proxy
Shinsekai Yori
Mawaru Penguindrum
Monogatari series

Honorable mentions:
Paracyte
Shingeki no bahamut
The world god only knows
Berserk (not my taste but very good)
White album 2

Guilty Pleasure:
Nisekoi

Pikabutt wrote:

Mawaru Penguindrum
Finally found someone who likes this anime ;-;
[ Bloodfallen ]
Clannad omg clannad ♥
wajinshu
Shingeki no bahamut
Gintama
Fairy Tail
Amnesia
-Potato-
No Game No Life.
Shiro is bae <3
-Kurasuki
It's really hard to pick one, but if i had to choose it would probably be one of those 3 :

Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai

Sakurasou no pet na kanojo

Clannad

But honestly it's really hard to pick one :s
ShutaStella
Black Rock Shooter or Stein:Gate
Cephus
Hunter x Hunter
FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Madoka Magica
Monster
Gintama

No order - Monster and Gintama are shows I've only just started but from first-ish impressions I know that they will be shows I like enough for me to consider them favourites.
Dafteon
1.Monogatari Series (I really love this show)
2.Tengen toppa gurren lagann (so epic)
3.Rainbow
4.Code geass
5.Nichijou (just best comedy anime ever)
show more