forum

Renard - I JUST CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT BALLS

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Snaggletooth
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Montag, 09. November 2015 at 21:11:25

Artist: Renard
Title: I JUST CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT BALLS
BPM: 209,2
Filesize: 8423kb
Play Time: 04:07
Difficulties Available:
  1. FAGGOT (5,56 stars, 672 notes)
Download: Renard - I JUST CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT BALLS
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
What have I done.

riktoi
I can't stop thinking about them either
Bonsai
very short mod bc I'm actually busy but I can't hold myself back from pointing out stuff once I've spotted it (and you just went offline) x.x

1. 01:48:953 (1,1,1) - I can't hear anything increasing in any way o: Even it's just some stylistic thing you did, 01:48:666 (2,1) - being only half the sv is especially weird bc it's exactly the same sound but looks like it's only a 1/4-slider and there's no "oh it's a slow slider because this and that" afterwards which leaves the player kinda confused I'd say. asduzfgsd just went through the map again, I mean you did it at 00:26:353 (1,1,1,1) too so I guess it's just a pattern that doesn't really fit but w/e, but the difference is that here in the beginning these sliders represent something different in the music, at the part in the middle of the map it's exactly the same as before so it feels way more out of place
  2. 02:50:617 (8,9) - You start hitsounding claps on red ticks too here, but most of the time they aren't supported by the mapping at all as 95% of them are on slidertails, and they seem pretty random too, I couldn't even recognize if they are mapped to something specific as the one sound that kinda has that rhythm is being left out halft the time so that doesn't make much sense either imo. sadiuzfgsidf again looked through the whole map once more and saw that you already did this passive-hitsounding all over the map - As you're gonna want to keep it I'd just recommend to start putting claps on red tics beginning from 02:45:167 as it's just obviously inconsistent this way but if you do it all the time it wouldn't stick out, I hope you know what you mean
  3. The part starting at 03:21:879 (1) is just some temporary filler right? It's actually 1/3 all the time and its really inconsistent / ignoring a lot of variety in the song so I guess you didn't finish this part, if you did tell me and I'll write all of that stuff down
no kds bc I feel like all of that stuff was unnecessary to point out now lol
didn't find anything else, have a star :D

nice falco-sample at the start :D
Topic Starter
Snaggletooth

Bonsai wrote:

very short mod bc I'm actually busy but I can't hold myself back from pointing out stuff once I've spotted it (and you just went offline) x.x

1. 01:48:953 (1,1,1) - I can't hear anything increasing in any way o: Even it's just some stylistic thing you did, 01:48:666 (2,1) - being only half the sv is especially weird bc it's exactly the same sound but looks like it's only a 1/4-slider and there's no "oh it's a slow slider because this and that" afterwards which leaves the player kinda confused I'd say. asduzfgsd just went through the map again, I mean you did it at 00:26:353 (1,1,1,1) too so I guess it's just a pattern that doesn't really fit but w/e, but the difference is that here in the beginning these sliders represent something different in the music, at the part in the middle of the map it's exactly the same as before so it feels way more out of place It was meant as a way to keep consistency. I thought it would be assumed since we had the same thing at the beginning, that it is a reoccuring pattern. I will however think about this.
  2. 02:50:617 (8,9) - You start hitsounding claps on red ticks too here, but most of the time they aren't supported by the mapping at all as 95% of them are on slidertails, and they seem pretty random too, I couldn't even recognize if they are mapped to something specific as the one sound that kinda has that rhythm is being left out halft the time so that doesn't make much sense either imo. sadiuzfgsidf again looked through the whole map once more and saw that you already did this passive-hitsounding all over the map - As you're gonna want to keep it I'd just recommend to start putting claps on red tics beginning from 02:45:167 as it's just obviously inconsistent this way but if you do it all the time it wouldn't stick out, I hope you know what you mean
    Please listen to the music. The claps are very consistent throughout the song. I chose to each use claps on red ticks on stream parts, aka the parts with more beat-density, and fewer claps on the other parts, that are mostly 1/2.

3. The part starting at 03:21:879 (1) is just some temporary filler right? It's actually 1/3 all the time and its really inconsistent / ignoring a lot of variety in the song so I guess you didn't finish this part, if you did tell me and I'll write all of that stuff down
no kds bc I feel like all of that stuff was unnecessary to point out now lol

I didnt even realize that it's a 1/3 rhythm, lol. Remapped this part. Altho i'm gonna keep my windmill since I really like the idea of just having every thing in there.
didn't find anything else, have a star :D

nice falco-sample at the start :D what
thanks a lot <3
Zectro
o/

[General]
  1. Check dat aimodddd
  2. You can probably use HP7
  3. Background dimensions are more than allowed maximum
  4. Mp3 bitrate is more than allowed maximum (192Kbps):
    renard - full techno jackass - 45 i just can't stop thinking about balls.mp3 : 252kbps
    You can use a site like http://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp3 to easily convert it to 192kbps (The Change Audio Bitrate dropdown box)

[fag]
  5. Useless green line over red (no SV changes):
    00:09:145 -
  6. Inherit (green) timing line is unsnapped:
    01:40:920 -
  7. 00:11:439 (1,3) - Look at the distance between 00:11:439 (1) - sliderend and 00:12:013 (3) - , now use the same distance for 00:12:013 (3,1) - \o/ apply to any other things you see, not going to mention any more since it's such a basic thing
  8. 00:25:779 (3) - Could be more visually appealing
  9. 01:45:512 - to 01:47:519 - is incredibly difficult compared to everything before, specially since 01:45:798 (4,5) - 01:46:372 (4,5) - 01:46:946 (4,5) - is a bitch to hit
  10. 02:50:760 (9,10) - Put these closer to 02:50:904 (1) - please, it's SO aids to hit them
  11. 03:01:372 (2,3) - ^, not going to mention any future ones
  12. 03:21:879 - From here on the spacing is incredibly misleading, with that I obviously mean all these kinds of things 03:22:166 (2,3,4,5) - , I know it's hard to change since you made a whole pattern outta it already and stuff but it's necessary imo unless you have a good explination
  13. 03:40:234 (1) - Try x54y23
Pretty straight forward map, just the same patterns over and over throughout the biggest part of it, which is normal since the song doesn't vary that much
Some people may find it a bit boring though so maybe you can try to make it a little more interesing idk

Good luck with it
Topic Starter
Snaggletooth

Zectro wrote:

o/

[General]
  1. Check dat aimodddd
  2. You can probably use HP7
  3. Background dimensions are more than allowed maximum
  4. Mp3 bitrate is more than allowed maximum (192Kbps):
    renard - full techno jackass - 45 i just can't stop thinking about balls.mp3 : 252kbps
    You can use a site like http://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp3 to easily convert it to 192kbps (The Change Audio Bitrate dropdown box)

[fag]
  5. Useless green line over red (no SV changes):
    00:09:145 -
  6. Inherit (green) timing line is unsnapped:
    01:40:920 -
  7. 00:11:439 (1,3) - Look at the distance between 00:11:439 (1) - sliderend and 00:12:013 (3) - , now use the same distance for 00:12:013 (3,1) - \o/ apply to any other things you see, not going to mention any more since it's such a basic thing I think you missed something calld music. There's a big key-drop here which justifies the spacing. But even if it wasnt there, the diffrense in spacing is so incredibly small that you wouldn't notice it
    while playing anyways.
  8. 00:25:779 (3) - Could be more visually appealing matter of taste
  9. 01:45:512 - to 01:47:519 - is incredibly difficult compared to everything before, specially since 01:45:798 (4,5) - 01:46:372 (4,5) - 01:46:946 (4,5) - is a bitch to hit It's hittable. If you bring enough speed, this is completely playable. The only reason why it's so hard is
    because I chose to only use circles.
  10. 02:50:760 (9,10) - Put these closer to 02:50:904 (1) - please, it's SO aids to hit them http://puu.sh/ly4Q5/3f8b288642.jpg It flows rather well tho.
  11. 03:01:372 (2,3) - ^, not going to mention any future ones
  12. 03:21:879 - From here on the spacing is incredibly misleading, with that I obviously mean all these kinds of things 03:22:166 (2,3,4,5) - , I know it's hard to change since you made a whole pattern outta it already and stuff but it's necessary imo unless you have a good explination
    The explanation is the music. The jumps between 03:22:644 (4,5) - is underlined by a fast-paced musical tone, so it does work.
    Even while playing, once you realized that, it plays extremely well imo.
  13. 03:40:234 (1) - Try x54y23
Pretty straight forward map, just the same patterns over and over throughout the biggest part of it, which is normal since the song doesn't vary that much
Some people may find it a bit boring though so maybe you can try to make it a little more interesing idk Consistencies a bitch, isn't it? lol

Good luck with it
Thanks for the mod
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.