forum

The new Hidden mod layout

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aes_
somehow i'm disturbed in these changes it caused me a lot of trouble :o
Kirami_01
I know right... It became harder. I wish they'd change back HD mod back to the way it was before.
TheDragonXD
My question is, why was it changed? It was fine before and making it harder just means older scores had an advantage. If they were going to make the change, they should of at least upgraded the x bonus by 0.2 so it's 1.08 instead of 1.06. It's not a HUGE deal because I'm sure I'll get used to it, but it just makes it even harder to do FL and HD when before it was much easier, making it so those scores are going to be MUCH harder to tackle :cry:

Edit: Oh, I just read that Peppy changed it exclusively for Osu World Cup, so he said not to use it for now, so it's probably not a permanent change. All is reassured!
Endaris

TheDragonXD wrote:

My question is, why was it changed? It was fine before and making it harder just means older scores had an advantage. If they were going to make the change, they should of at least upgraded the x bonus by 0.2 so it's 1.08 instead of 1.06. It's not a HUGE deal because I'm sure I'll get used to it, but it just makes it even harder to do FL and HD when before it was much easier, making it so those scores are going to be MUCH harder to tackle :cry:

Edit: Oh, I just read that Peppy changed it exclusively for Osu World Cup, so he said not to use it for now, so it's probably not a permanent change. All is reassured!
sigh
1. It didn't really become harder. Some patterns are even easier to read now.
2. HD was always considered easier than HR on the majority of maps so it shouldn't give a higher multiplier than HR.
3. HDFL is really the only thing slightly affected but only at high bpm as the sliderfade is so slow that it barely matters.
4. The change will go to stable as soon as OWC is over.
Topic Starter
aes_

Endaris wrote:

TheDragonXD wrote:

sigh
1. It didn't really become harder. Some patterns are even easier to read now.
2. HD was always considered easier than HR on the majority of maps so it shouldn't give a higher multiplier than HR.
3. HDFL is really the only thing slightly affected but only at high bpm as the sliderfade is so slow that it barely matters.
4. The change will go to stable as soon as OWC is over.
It is true but to think that the x bonus is still at 0.6.... :?
They should've have it higher on a limited time too
just like the time that the OWC ends
Bara-
From t/383485, page 3

peppy wrote:

Prepare yourselves for more changes. I am not interested in maintaining status quo just to keep people happy. Going forward we will be making more changes to mods and gameplay in general!

p.s. if you're going to continue this conversation, then please don't use the words "harder", "easier" or "difficulty". Instead use the words "visually more appropriate", "cool" or "ugly".
From a request to revert it
Prejudgedkiller
Hoping the change is reverted, I learnt Osu with hidden due to the circles distracting me in normal. This new layout totally throws me off.
Yauxo
The new HD changes are perfectly fine and reasonable. If youve played Hidden before, you should be able to easily adapt. If you didnt, why are you complaining.
DubSteppinNinja
In Terms of appearance it looks awesome, in terms of playing it its ugly, higher bpm like 280 make sliders seem weird. I love hidden an wish it would stay way it was i can't adapt to this new hidden, would rather play hr or not at all. :cry:
Lay

Yauxo wrote:

The new HD changes are perfectly fine and reasonable. If youve played Hidden before, you should be able to easily adapt. If you didnt, why are you complaining.
*Shots fired* But seriously, AMEN As a previous HD player and hell, since going back to standard I guess a new one too! (ctb player xD) i really like the new HD, sure it really does make HDFL a mission and one hell of a ragefest for the 1xMissers like myself, I thoroughly enjoy it, its a thrill seeing the slider dissapear and forgetting where you are!
tecu
As someone who was played Hidden exclusively for a long time, I can barely notice the difference.
lustmode
not if its on flashlight....
Lay

lustmode wrote:

not if its on flashlight....
I only use HDFL on like easys, and I will admit, i find it hard, its so odd, but then again learning HD to begin with was odd, so if its really that hard, its just about adapting again and re-learning HD
Electovoid
The new hidden is easier IMO - If you are struggling, hidden takes time to learn in the first place; I'm sure it wont take long to learn the new version too..

It doesn't make sense for sliders to not disappear with hidden - the whole point of hidden is that you cannot see the notes, sliders shouldn't be an exception ;;