Whats your Favorite Game of All Time?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mashley

Larto wrote:

Shellghost wrote:

i haven't played the Metroid Prime trilogy
I thought that kind of stuff was obligatory for anyone who calls himself a gamer who is alive. =(
I haven't either. Nearly bought the wii port, but I didn't have enough money and now it's out of production.
Lunah_old
Metal Gear .. Ever and Forever
Yoichi Sturmhimmel
I really like:

Golden Sun: The Lost Age (unfortunately never played 1)
Final Fantasy III DS
Dragon Quest Monsters (great premise, and a sequel is coming!)
Dragon Quest IX (so far 145 hours)
Disgaea:Afternoon/Hour of Darkness (a very good and addictive game, 175 hours so far!)
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow & Portrait of Ruin DS

Um... Can't think of any more at the moment.
Damo900
Nearly everything has already been typed in this thread, such as Donkey Kong Country 2 and Earthbound. So I'm going to just say Spanky's Quest. That game is amazingly fun. I mean, just the gist of it sounds amazing(Your a monkey throwing bubbles that pop into balls to kill enemies which are fruit).
Xyrenus
Counter Strike, Red Alert, Starcraft =DD
ISolvePractical
Paper Mario
Final Fantasy IV DS
Metal Gear Solid 3
Mara
MDK, 1997.
Elaine Spencer
This is a hard one... I suppose it would depend on genre though.
Role Playing wise... Shadow Hearts, hands down. Step Rhythm wise, Pump It Up! Exceed, and survival horror gets Clock Tower: The First Fear.
Susanoo980
Legend of legaia!!!!
James
^
omg i leveled all 3 to 99 before, grinding spreeeeeeee

On Topic:

I say Megaman/Rockman 3.
Kensei Akio
DotA ... :)
accompanied me to walk for three years
the most fun in dota is teamwork, it also dominate a game
if you go to any internet cafe in Melbourne, you can see lots of people playing DotA. :roll:
DjKniteX
Hmm, RPG that I would come back too... probably Final Fantasy VII, favorite Online RPG: This is either between Diablo II or Phantasy Star

but my all time favorite game would be....

Zelda: Wind Waker... and it's also my favorite Zelda game
SargentPie
My most favorite game of all time? of ALL TIME???
Well, without question, it is Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Closely followed up by Counter-Strike 1.6 and Super Mario 64, This masterpiece of a game contains a great fight system with over 25 characters to choose from, all with their unique and talented abilities. In addition, there is a 4player fighting mode, A 64-player tournament mode, A complete first-player mode, a boss rush, a fighting rush with all the characters in the game, challenges, home-run mode and a online multiplayer to boot.
I cannot to even BEGIN to explain how many hours I have poured into this great craftmenship of a video game.
MoodyRPG
Super Mario RPG
Tony Hawk American Wasteland (1.5 Record ^^)
roxlo100
Right now, Team Fortress 2.

Left 4 dead comes in second.
Rantai
Valkyria Chronicles.

Conquest: Frontier Wars as a close second, oh nostalgia.
Wassaaaa

^that

it's too nostalgic =,(
Pandemoniusz
Silent Hill 2, awesome soundtrack, great story and atmosphere. For sure my favourite game. I like also Unreal series and Disciples 2 ;3
Mastodonio
I can't name just one game,so sorry..FF 8,9,10. Legend of Dragoon. Chrono Trigger.
Posse
Final Fantasy VII, the only game I played from beginning to end more than 5 times (I start it again every 2 years I think, in fact I won it again 2 weeks ago).
icy_rose
osu! :D
other : Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds and Pokemon

btw, does tumblr count? 8D
Locher
With friends? -> Super Smash Bros Brawl [I am still awaiting a new SSB for Nintendo 3DS with Paper Mario!]
Alone? -> Megaman Zero series [I am still not over it, that ending ._.]
Hinanawi-sama
paper mario, Zelda: OoT and Twilight Princess, WoW (PRIVATE SERVER ONLY, retail sux ballz), Twisted Metal Series, Medal of Honor Series (except the recent one), COD Series, CNC Series, SW: EAW, Sup Com 2, Lost Planet 2, TrackMania United, Borderlands

i consider a game a fav when, regardless of how old or overrated it is, you will still come back to play it
silmarilen
uhm not really a single game that is my favourite, but id say i like guild wars alot
other games i like are golden sun, rollercoaster tycoon, age of empires 2. maybe some others i cant come up with right now.
Rantai
I just dug up an old favourite that I can't believe I forgot.

The original Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles on the Gamecube, just so much fun that scales with the number of players you can get.
Clashway
Probably not my favorite game of all time, but seeing this topic made me think about the final boss fight from Earthbound. It just turned that game from a trippy and colorful adventure to an absolute nightmare of a fight. It even broke the 4th wall in the greatest possible way that I don't think will ever be able to be recreated in a game ever again. Not even Psycho Mantis from Metal Gear Solid was able to do it as well, and Psycho Mantis was cool as hell.

Earthbound is definitely somewhere at the top of the best games ever, I would say.
DaceGiga
DotA like games. Team work! Strategy! That adrenaline you get with kill streaks! The game's use of line of sight! The heroes! Overall, it's like a lovechild of all RTS games.
Ikillforpies
Idk. I like the tales series a lot
eddieee
All Zelda's and everything from blizzard:)
laport
My favorite game series are: GTA, battlefield, COD and Mafia.
starcraft 2 is of course a great game.

over 10 years ago I played a lot of counterstrike, and I still do every now and then.

I've spent a lot of time on these car games: LFS, GT4 on ps2, NFS5 (porsche 2000), TM
daphna_old
For all the times...ofc its WC III Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne
ommmm
Kanade_old
Probably Super Smash Bros. Melee, I played it every day all afternoon with a friend, we got really good at it and eventually started organising tournaments. We were pretty young so we came up with stupid ideas like the other contestants having to fight and then we would be the ''final bosses'' you had to defeat to win the tournament. Ofcourse after months of nonstop ''training'' no one stood a chance :P It never really got boring and the only reason we quit was cause the Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl released, but it never gave us the same feel so we just quit the whole thing. Sort of a shame.

I would pick Ocarina of Time, but during that time I was too young and scared to leave Kokiri Forest so I basically let an older friend of mine finish the entire game for me in which I did nothing else but have my own little roleplay sessions in Kokiri forest, pretending I was ''sword training''.
Pizzicato
DotA/HoN
[DG2L]YungYeezy
Ocarina of time= Played the whole damn thing. It was intense, brutal, and cost me a lot of time.
Backfire
No more heroes
Super Meat Boy
Deathsmiles
Trouble Witches
Disgaea
The Orange Box
Deadly Premonition
:)
TheHarlequin
Resident Evil Series 8-)

although everything came crashing down after Code Veronica

and then

Assassins Creed Series 8-)
mathexpert
for me its probably ninja gaiden for xbox, mostly for nostalgic reasons. ahh~ good times...
Maliciousness_old
star ocean
xenosaga
persona 3, 4
ff9
kingdom hearts 1, 2, 358/2days
tales series (exept legendia, innocence, tempest, symphonia2)
tekken

etc : D
ddrXero64
Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSone (the remake for PSP is awesome too). It is the strangest game on my list ompared to my usual favored games, and I've never liked any other final fantasy. But so many hours put into it when I was younger, and I played it over and over with different strategies.

Second favorite game of all time: Pokemon Emerald. Original Battle Frontier, finally a way to prove to someone I'm better than them at pokemon lolol
ThunderTopaz
--]] to boring to just put in one game so I'll make a list. --[[
[sadly have not played Persona/Persona2 yet.... but I plan on it]
[The order has nothing to do with how much I like them]

shin megami tensei: Persona 3 PSP
shin megami tensei: Persona 4
shin megami tensei: Imagine [ONLINE]

White Knight Chronicles

Disgaea
Disgaea 2
Disgaea 3
Phantom Brave