forum

Whats your Favorite Game of All Time?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kasada
awp
That is way too hard of a question for me to answer D=

Especially because I'm bad at weighting different genres, and different aspects of games, and all that.

Oh wait, I know:

osu!

(seriously the gravity of that question fucking crushes me)
Spierek
Half-Life 2.

I'm ashamed to say, that I played this first time last year. I can't believe, that I missed release of such a great game. Portal is also nice, but Half-Life 2 was first and it rocked. Truly.
Neo@lex
Osu!

Other that that, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, because of the epicness.
Fun Fact: I've never completed LoZ:OoT.
wiicademan
I haven't beaten OoT either. CAn't get passed the last boss ;_;

Favorite game... I dunno. I can't make a list. I think it's a tie between Portal and Super mario galaxy. My opinion's probably gonna change as soon as I get into another game, probably...
Topic Starter
Kasada
Ya'll found OoT hard? It was too easy to me. The dungeons were sometimes a bit tricky to figure out (I'm looking at you, Water Temple), but they were easy for the most part. As for battles, if you ever had trouble, you could just fill up your bottles with fairies. OoT is a good game though. I played it alot as a kid. Not my favorite though.
MusicFan
Kirby air ride. The one game with which I can be eating something and still play decently simultaneously.
That and it's just plain fun.
Loginer

awp wrote:

That is way too hard of a question for me to answer D=

Especially because I'm bad at weighting different genres, and different aspects of games, and all that.

Oh wait, I know:

osu!

(seriously the gravity of that question fucking crushes me)
This. I've played waaay too many good games to pick a favourite. :/
ForteDante
I find it hard enough just to narrow it down to one favourite game per console, let alone of all time :\ Zelda's pretty cool, but they've never made a difficult game, even moreso for the 3D ones.
adamskii_uk
These are my fav three games in the order of most played:

1) Quake III Arena (7+ years played)
2) StepMania (Almost 3 years played)
3) Osu! (Played since Apr 19, 2008)
NinjaishGuy
A Link To the Past was the definitive Zelda game, gameplay wise, and it's definitely one of my favorite games.
OoT was too easy, but it had a really nice atmosphere that was worked into the level design. I'm not sure which Zelda I like more.

Most non-action RPG's bore me, but I really loved Earthbound. At its core it's a very archaic system, but the mixture of the whole environment, story presentation, and rolling odometers kept me hooked.

Starcraft is my favorite RTS and I'm still playing it (mostly due to the online community) after 3 or so years.
Shirotora_old
LttP is my favorite Zelda game. Second? Twilight Princess... if anything, because I loved being able to run around as a wolf. Plus, most awesome 'sidekick' in a Zelda game so far.

I think that if I have to pick a single game as my nr. 1 top favorite though... it'd be Uniracers / Unirally (depending on location the name is different). Racing with unicycles. Performing tricks for speed boosts. MOST AWESOME MUSIC EVER IN ANY VIDEOGAME. All some of the sweetest 2D ever to come out of the SNES, and one of the fastest games (and one of the last) on the SNES. I am still planning on making a pc version of it with a track editor included...
ROMaster2
This question is impossible to answer to hardcore gamers, but you can say what is one of your Favorite Games.

One of them is Final Fantasy VI for the SNES, one of the Best Games I've EVER played.
altruisticcrono

ROMaster2 wrote:

This question is impossible to answer to hardcore gamers, but you can say what is one of your Favorite Games.

One of them is Final Fantasy VI for the SNES, one of the Best Games I've EVER played.
Thank you. Surprised it took that long for it to appear~

You are correct for hardcore gamers... there's too many memories over the years for the single favorite.

Chrono Trigger / Chrono Cross / FF6 / FF7 / OoT / Beyond Good and Evil

Most are still on my game rotation. Others on that rotation also include Ico/Shadow of the Colossus and Kingdom Hearts.
Mogsy
Final Fantasy Tactics/Advance are two of my all-time favourites. Others include Earthbound, Persona 3, Pop'n Music, The World Ends With You, Phoenix Wright, and Osu!.

Sorry for bumping an (semi-)old thread, it was relevant to my interests. x3
Dark Deception_old
I know I brought it up once and I'm bringing it up again. My favorite games are Codename: Kids Next Door operation: V.I.D.E.O.G.A.M.E and Hamtaro (I'm looking at you Hamham heartbreak and Hamham games). Also, I love Jet set radio future LOTR: the 3rd age (A LOTR RPG), Tron 2.0 killer app and Earthbound (since there are two people here who are hooked by that game.)

I have Earthbound on my ZSENS emulator on my dad's laptop and only play it Monday thru Friday, as well as a few Super Mario World romhacks that are by name: Brutal Mario, The Ninji Saga and the New Super Mario Bros. SMW romhack. You could download it on http://www.isuckballs.lulz, but only if you got the ZSNES emulator.

I know! I'm suck a nerd! :D
Slain087
I have trouble deciding between Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille Zur Macht, Shadow of the Colossus, and Final Fantasy IV. But if I have to choose one of the three, I'd have to say Shadow of the Colossus. It's epic, but without the thirty-minute cutscenes of Xenosaga, and battles which make the struggle against Zeromus seem small.
Loginer

Dark Deception wrote:

You could download it on...
It's a trap. And of course, my mom HAD to be in the same room. Die in a fire.
Dark Deception_old

Loginer wrote:

Dark Deception wrote:

You could download it on...
It's a trap. And of course, my mom HAD to be in the same room. Die in a fire.
*scoffs* Your a jerk!
adam2046
Sorry but I have to choose 2.
Timesplitters 2. (Can you say rebounding lasers 7 times fast?)
Rez. (UNFUNFUNF DUNDUNDUN PEWPEWPEW)
Behon
I'm always juggling a Top 3 in no particular order: Donkey Kong Country 2 (It's beyond me why this trilogy is so often dumped on, DKC2 is one of the best platformers I've ever played), Grim Fandango, and Ocarina of Time. Others in no particular include Elite Beat Agents and Amplitude for music, Super Mario Galaxy for the current generation of consoles, Final Fantasy 6, Ratchet and Clank, and Conker's Bad Fur Day (The N64 original, not the glitchy and censored Xbox remake).
awp

Behonkiss wrote:

Grim Fandango
awesome

I really need to get me some Grim Fandango.
Kuronus
I will always love Chrono Cross, It's filled with great People, with a great story line, and its a good sequel to chrono trigger, I could never find it to buy untel I beat it, and as such it took me 7 years to beat it
0-0. But when I finnaly won It was such a feeling of loss but I got stronger from it, it will always be my favorite.
Chaoz_old
My favorite game of all time is.....METAL GEAR SOLID!!!!!!!
no doubt!
LimeGreenTeknii
Osu! Besides that? Pong: The next level.
Gamechamp
My top 3:

1) Metal Gear 2
2) Sonic Adventure 2
3) Beyond Good and Evil

Metal Gear 2, I was just completely blown away by. Of course, being the not-living-in-Japan kinda guy I am, I first played it back when MGS3: Subsistence was released. I played through MGS3 again, new camera was fun. Then I went through the original Metal Gear. It kinda sucked. Then Metal Gear 2. It was just AWESOME. The puzzles are awesome and clever. Especially the final boss. You've been stripped of all your weapons and you have to fight the most legendary soldier in all of ever. So what do you do? You run away like the scaredy cat you are, grab some hair spray and make a FLAMETHROWER. It's epic. And you can walk on acid as long as you're holding some chocolate. It makes so much sense that I love it. And you know those lame moral decision choices that are forced on you in so many other games? Well, Metal Gear 2 executes the system perfectly: if you punch a little kid, you lose HP! This game surely saved thousands of lives from child abuse.

Sonic Adventure 2. This is the best game ever made. No, really, the best. Except Metal Gear 2. But Metal Gear 2 cheated with the chocolate. Sonic Adventure 2 hbas something that I can't quite grasp, but it's just plain awesome. The story was amazing, something you'd never have expected from a Sonic game. It looks beautiful. I'd love it even if put to today's standards. And then it's just plain fun and awesome. And then the chao. I LOVE THE CHAO. I spent days and days of nonstop playing, trying to get those chao strong enough to win the karate tournament and save the orphanage! Oh, and did I mention Karate entirely consists of standing in place for a few seconds and slowly crawling over to your opponent and just blindly bopping them on the head? It's awesome like that and SA2 captured it beautifully.

Beyond Good and Evil was awesome. Seriously. Seriously, a combination of Metal Gear and Pokemon Snap? THAT'S THE BEST GAME EVER. Seriously. Pokemon Snap was the best game ever, and making a game combining it with Metal Gear is the best game ever, because Metal Gear 2 was the best game ever. Not to mention everybody is like an animal for some reason. That's like Sonic kinda. Sonic Adventure 2 was the best game ever. This is the best game ever. Except for Metal Gear 2. It cheated with fighting child abuse. Oh, and the story in Beyond Good and Evil pwned. CLIFFHANGER ENDING WHAT WHERE'S THAT DARNED SEQUEL oh wait there it is.
show more