forum

Whats your Favorite Game of All Time?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kinrinjin7
Maplestory <3 long time didn't play it.
Anyway, my favorite game would be Monster hunter freedom on PSP, even though the beginning was kind of annoying.
Xenoblade Hero
Difficult.
I can't come up with a favourite game of all time. My gaming taste tends to switch between different games constantly.
However, the best gaming series' has to be either Guitar Hero or Pokemon. I am still addicted to both of them. ^^
-Athena-
Oh god maple.. I wasted so much cash on it orz. And nice sig xenoblade, jack krauser :3
Dafydd

SereneMidnight wrote:

Fallout 3.
Oyea. In fact, I'm playing that right now and I like it. :D
Marifune-kun
osu! and Dota
hillaryzx
All type of Pokemon Game (GBA or NDS one) or
All Megaman games (regardless of platform, but I don't have any Playstation, and other console that connected to TV, except, computers)
PaiYuri
I wouldn't say that I hava a single favorite game of all time. But genre-wise, Doom and Doom 2 are my favorite FPS, Final Fantasy VI my favorite JRPG, the Thief games my favorite stealth games and Yume Nikki my favorite whatever-genre-it-is-but-I-put-it-under-Survival-Horror-for-now.
Soulclenz
Favorite game's would have to be American Mcgee's Alice, and the sequel Alice: Madness Returns, those two games are just genius. However, my most played game would be Dota2, i love and hate the game with a passion.
Dafydd
Damn, I shouldn't be playing Mass Effect 3 by now. In fact I haven't played the first 2. I don't really know what the heck is going on.
Pizzicato

Marifune-kun wrote:

osu! and Dota
Aoriki
Disgaea series (Still need to finish 3 to move on to 4) Final Fantasy 6, Pokemon Series, Blaz Blue and Harvest Moon (Silly I know but I can waste my life with it...)
Boom
Pokemon series & osu!
KittenBorn
Can't really say but all Final Fantasy games are my all time favourites are Final Fantasy VI and Tactics/Advance but you can't choose just one over the years being a gamer.
Ramena
I would say Final Fantasy IV for the GBA. I love it C:
timothygoo
DISGAEA
Magicphoenix
DotA & DotA 2
Stefan
0blivionkeeper
Kingdom Hearts, the original one. As well as getting me into RPG's as a kid, it has got to have one of the most amazing storylines ever! I still play it like once a year.
NexGnP
Disgaea.
Takaichi
Monster Hunter (all of the series)
Pokemon
And of course osu! :D
Sanae Kochiya
1. Mass Effect 2/3
2. Osu!
3. Fallout 3
Aoriki
1. Final Fantasy 6
2. Tales of [Insert what ever game you want: Vesperia, Symphonia, Phantasia]
3. Disgaea Series
4. Pokemon
5. Harvest Moon (shut up....)
eIohim
Radiata Stories. It was so awesome..
loqueses57
shadow of the colossus was great!!! mmm but now im addicted with project diva 2nd and extend =D osu is great too xD
Drakari_old

eIohim wrote:

Radiata Stories. It was so awesome..
Interestingly enough, you mentioned this JUST as I was trying to remember what that was called. I remember liking it, but couldn't think of the name.
KilladeKill
Fallout3 and FF10
SinDemonDragon13
Yume Nikki
Yarissa
osu! isn't an original answer here. Not really too suprised

Metroid Fusion for the GBA. Ocarina of Time for the N64. Twilight Princess for the Gamecube. Add a few other miscellaneous titles that I'm too tired to think of right now and bam, you got my list.
AlisaSanWaifu
1.Tekken
2.Diablo 2
3.Fear series. ;]
-Athena-

loqueses57 wrote:

shadow of the colossus was great!!! mmm but now im addicted with project diva 2nd and extend =D osu is great too xD
I don't mean to offend, but I really don't see why shadow of the colossus is such a legendary game. I mean, it has great graphics, sounds and music, very realistic gameplay(though I myself find it sloppy,sort of like the uncanny valley effect where when something becomes too realistic you tend to notice its flaws, but that's a personal opinion, i can't deny they put a lot of work into gameplay and it worked out quite well).

These three are enough to place the game in the category of good, but what else does it have? Let's see it gives you beautiful, large environments that were an achievement for that time, the catch? It fills them with nothing, absolutely nothing noteworthy except you and the 16 colossi. I understand they wanted to give you a feel of hopelessness and loneliness, but that just isn't the right way to do it because it just makes it boring and bland. Next is the story, wait did I forget to mention there's almost none of it at all? They open the game with a cutscene or some other stuff that doesn't give you much info about the world and it's backstory at all, tell you that you need to defeat the 16 colossi to save your princess, then nothing, no more just you and the world.

This is why I believe the game only deserves a 6, maximum 7 out of 10, perhaps I'm just weird since so many others like it, but to give you an example of a game this style done right, look at dark souls. Ye it was a game from last year not very fair comparing it to a ps2 game, but what I'll compare here is only story an immersion, which doesn't depend on hardware at all. In my opinion dark souls did everything sotc did wrong correctly, the loneliness is still there, I would say even more so than in sotc because of the amount of immersion, though there are much more npc's in dark souls. The environments actually matter, the whole world and you all seem connected. Next comes the story, I know dark souls didn't do really excellently in this department, in fact it's the game's only downfall besides technical issues, but it certainly did better than sotc, this time you actually have something detailed explaining the backstory and world around you, and that world actually matters, and affects you as much as you affect it. Unlike sotc where only you, your horse and the 16 bastards actually matter.

/end of rant and personal opinion
Please don't flame me just for expressing it <3
Note L
Warcraft III (DoTA)..
- Rikkukun -
Pikmin 2.
eIohim

-A t H e N a- wrote:

...there are much more npc's in dark souls...

Why would I want npc in my huge empty game?
Yoshi_old
1st. Tales series
2nd. .hack//GU
3rd. Osu
fairuz117
Osu!, Battlefield series, Call of duty series, DMC series. etc
-Athena-

eIohim wrote:

-A t H e N a- wrote:

...there are much more npc's in dark souls...

Why would I want npc in my huge empty game?
I don't mean in a traditional sense, at least stuff to interact with, it doesn't detract from the experience at all unlike having nothing in the world, which doesn't make it lonely, just boring.
But of course I realize this is just personal preference

Too explain in more detail, dark souls has some npc's, though FAR fewer than traditional rpg's and action adventure, they are there and they matter, wether human or otherwise.
This means that when you're fighting all by yourself, it's total joy when you stumble upon an npc, and it strengthtens the loneliness you feel in this vast world once you're forced to leave them to continue exploring. This is what I call a good gaming experience, you actually feel a lot from playing the game rather than an empty world where everything good quickly wears out and boringness starts stepping in.
Dusalty
C&C series, Halo 2 and SWBF.
Ivalset

-A t H e N a- wrote:

I don't mean to offend, but I really don't see why shadow of the colossus is such a legendary game.
It's an artistic game. Nearly everything you criticize about the game was done purposefully, so the obvious conclusion is that it's just not a game suited for your tastes.

The only problem with that game was its framerate issues, and those were resolved in the hd remake.
-Athena-
Oh well I guess I really am weird because thousands all around the world seem to love this artistic game
And wait wha!!??? There was a hd remake??? Lol never knew that
Drakari_old
It's Shadow of the Colossus and Ico, which was the first entry in the series, and is available for PS3.
show more