forum

Whats your Favorite Game of All Time?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tetsu_old
The Legend of Dragoon. One of the best j-RPG.
FisHie_old
^ I think that I still have that game stashed away somewhere...
DarkDunskin
Oh my gaaaaawd I just played Okami through T-T
Its like the best game I've ever played (right after Taiko though).
Almost cried at the end, it was somewhat moving.
I guess my wish for next christmas is a Okami sequel for PS3 or at least a HD Remake wich would be nice too.

Dunno if Okamiden is as good as the original, couldn't play it even I'd wanted to since I sold my DS few weeks ago :/
787B
This is a really difficult question... but my vote goes for the one that I have enjoyed most part of it with friends, which was on Halo Reach.
tyrael6192
Final Fantasy 8... the only game i've spent over 150 hours on...
Then Final Fantasy 10, which was amazing but i don't think quite as good..
I would say FF9 but i've only played it about a quarter of the way through as of some time ago, so i'm quite uninformed, but i definitely enjoyed what i played of it.

And of course osu!... what a time sink...
Dieathan
Tough question... I'll just narrow it down to some of the games I've played recently and my answer is Xenoblade Chronicles. Best JRPG I've played since Chrono Trigger or Valkyria Chronicles. I spent about 122 hours before I decided to finish the game. There's simply that much to do in the game. But yet again, people say the story takes about 50 hours but whatever, it's still awesome. A must-have for Wii owners.
tyrael6192

Dieathan wrote:

Tough question... I'll just narrow it down to some of the games I've played recently and my answer is Xenoblade Chronicles. Best JRPG I've played since Chrono Trigger or Valkyria Chronicles. I spent about 122 hours before I decided to finish the game. There's simply that much to do in the game. But yet again, people say the story takes about 50 hours but whatever, it's still awesome. A must-have for Wii owners.
I was following the Xenoblade thing a while back where there was debate about importing the game... I dunno what happened but i lost track of it. Is it actually available?

EDIT: OMG TORRENTING GETTING NOW... can't believe i didn't realise :O
Rantai

tyrael6192 wrote:

I was following the Xenoblade thing a while back where there was debate about importing the game... I dunno what happened but i lost track of it. Is it actually available?
I think ozgameshop might have a few copies, I've certainly seen a few copies around here in Australia. Going by that, chances are they'll be somewhere in the UK. But yeah I heard it was discontinued almost instantly : \
tyrael6192
Apparently it's getting a release in the US now too ^^ I've been looking for an RPG to play for a while... Xenoblade looks like a pretty good one :)

Operation Rainfall was the thing i was following... campaigning for the localization of Xenoblade Chronicles, Pandora's Tower and The Last Story. Looks like they got somewhere with Xenoblade :)
eat my soup
Chrono Trigger DS. I really cannot find any problem with it worth mentioning. Gameplay that isn't the standard "I take a hit you take a hit" RPG, story that makes you enjoy analyzing it, and amazing music.

The SNES is good, too, but the script is further from the intended Japanese version and is worse because Soda replaced beer and Frog talks like he's from Shakespeare when nobody else from his time does.
Salvage
the game i had most fun with i'd say it was metal gear solid 3 but idk if it's the best i've played

there are a loot of good games, online no so much but well old games used to be better
thelewa
Final Fantasy IX, finished it for the first time when I was 5 or 6.
Dafydd
Street Fighter 3rd Strike and Street Fighter IV AE.
I like fighting games. :D
Elit3noob
Lego Island 1. For 2 years every single holidays when I was little, I used to always get on the computer, insert the disk, and play that nostalgic game untill the day ended. Good times :")
Skuld
Final Fantasy X, which means a lot to me, though I wouldn't say it's the best one I have ever played. It's more of a personal thingy, I guess...
Mukku
Final Fantasy VII propably. Though I spent the most time playing Tales of Symphonia actually. Diablo 2, Morrowind and Chrono Trigger come close too :x
Drakari_old
Well solely based on the amount of time spent on it, I would say R/L is my favorite game. Though I don't consider that to be a very good measure of a game's quality, it's the only one I can objectively and definitively say for certain.
meiikyuu
fire emblem probably
vizzy
Final Fantasy IX, Tactics is a close second.
-Athena-
the final fantasy series as a whole... on other games i've never spent close to the amount of time i spent on some FF's
favourite final fantasy is 10 probably
Ventusu
Kingdom hearts~! >w< <3
laport

Drakari wrote:

Well solely based on the amount of time spent on it, I would say R/L is my favorite game. Though I don't consider that to be a very good measure of a game's quality, it's the only one I can objectively and definitively say for certain.
what do you do in this game?
Drakari_old

laport wrote:

Drakari wrote:

Lots of minigames mostly, though I'm currently grinding to try and reach a higher level and get more loot.

In general it's a really open MMORPG, with the best graphics I've ever seen (though character design could use some work). It's incredibly addictive, I've spent more than 150,000 hours on it.
laport
wow that's a long time, I'll try it some day, you have my word
Aoko
★ Hmm... rhythm games like Technika,osu! and etc.
★ Also, Tekken Series [especially Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2]
★Oh yeah, FF Series ♥
Drexel13

Ventusu wrote:

Kingdom hearts~! >w< <3
ah~! I love Kingdom Hearts, too... :3
emonite
Super Robot Taisen Z2 Hakai-Hen without a doubt,still waiting for Super Robot Taisen Z2 Saisei-Hen.
silmarilen

Drakari wrote:

laport wrote:

Lots of minigames mostly, though I'm currently grinding to try and reach a higher level and get more loot.

In general it's a really open MMORPG, with the best graphics I've ever seen (though character design could use some work). It's incredibly addictive, I've spent more than 150,000 hours on it.

i've heard it as really good pvp, ever tried it?
Drakari_old

silmarilen wrote:

i've heard it as really good pvp, ever tried it?
Not much, I've never been that into PvP.

But there are occasions where one of the other players is a massive dick and it's nice that I can do something about it. At higher levels there can be some serious consequences for open world PvP though, so it's recommended to participate in the organized kind instead.
silmarilen
so there are like big pvp wars? huge groups of people fighting eachother?
-Athena-
Sorry but I got sick of mmorpg's after maple story orz
Drakari_old

silmarilen wrote:

so there are like big pvp wars? huge groups of people fighting eachother?
They're less common and smaller now, but in the past there was a time pvp wars were REALLY popular among the powerful characters, and there was even a complex system of territory for rewards. That ended with some really massive fights, and the very MOST powerful characters on the server got together and decided to put an end to it, or at least that system. Not a bad plan in my mind since there are huge consequences for taking too much damage and they were starting to force participation.
silmarilen
mhh. sounds like a fun game, very realistic. might try it out some time.
kyrenmearr
Uhh, except from osu!
I really love Kingdom Hearts!
MickX
NiGHTS Into Dreams... (Sega Saturn, 1996)

Wasn't it for this game I probably wouldn't be this close to the fantasy/fictional realm today as I am now. It means a whole lot to me!
YodaSnipe
Probably Kingdom Hearts, or Resonance of Fate, or FFIV
-Athena-
I think someone needs to put (besides osu!) in the title XD
YodaSnipe
osu is my life it's not a game.
DavisWTG
My favorite game of all time? Hard to say, actually. Shin Megami Tensei - Lucifer's Call would be quite close to it, if you look at the fact that I've even bothered to play through that game 6 times in order to see all the endings, although I simply could have saved at each major decision point. So yeah, that one.
SereneMidnight
I've played too many games to count... But there is one that I spent countless hours on, and that's pretty much Fallout 3. Although my actual favorite is Tales of Vesperia for the 360. Shame that it's inferior to the Japanese PS3 version.
show more