So, after the tournament i sent a survey for all the players and most of you answered. I'd quickly like to answer few of the requests that came up in there.
- 4-5 stars maps and do ranking 150k-80k A: There were maybe 3 players in the tournament that could barely pass a map of 4.7*, let alone do that constantly in tournament setting. No.
- Add maps that are longer A: While going through the mappool for next tournament this has been taken into consideration. There is still a problem though, if we had all maps in the pool at 3-4mins (what i regard as good lenght to measure skill/consistency) the matches would become too long. Not for all pools but definately looking into it.
- Retries if there was a problem from a server/computer side A: There is no saying if there ever was an internet/computer problem, players could start and abuse it (unpluging routers after dropping ie.), it's unfortunate but there is no 100% way of saying that it truly was an internet issue or other that player cant do anything about. Other tournaments (including OWC for example) don't allow resets in this situation either.
- More HoneyWorks. More Bakunananananan*Testroyer A: Oh god no. We will see...
- Variety for tiebreaker (maybe make 3?) A: Having multiple tiebreakers is not a good idea in a tournament setting. Maybe if it was a league, but in tournament setting a better player should win in tiebreaker, always. Guys you played tb only 8 times, not too much to get bored of 1 map.