forum

Cringiest slip-ups

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
neatoneet
So I just managed to FC some map and well... I have this habit of skipping right to the score screen with my side mouse buttons. Problem is when I press them too early it's just the menu that comes up and my muscle memory clicks retry without any hesitation at all.

Not sure if I should cry or laugh, since this isn't the first time this is happening to me. It only happens when I score well, btw.

How to stop this?
Should I play less?
Need yr advice, plz help u guyz. Thx
KanoSet
if your mouse has a program to.. y'know program the buttons then use it to change what it does
if not try to control your self god damn it
or cut your thump
ZenithPhantasm
Calm down and play more.
otoed1
How about... stop pushing that button. Crazy idea eh?
Endaris

neatoneet wrote:

So I just managed to FC some map and well... I have this habit of skipping right to the score screen with my side mouse buttons. Problem is when I press them too early it's just the menu that comes up and my muscle memory clicks retry without any hesitation at all.

Not sure if I should cry or laugh, since this isn't the first time this is happening to me. It only happens when I score well, btw.

How to stop this?
Should I play less?
Need yr advice, plz help u guyz. Thx
You can use a different key than ESC to skip the Outro. Check out your Tastenbelegung. Also try to get better accuracy overall.
Topic Starter
neatoneet
Even though I was only being slightly serious with asking for help, I actually didn't know there is an extra key-binding for skipping intro and outro, sweet! Seems like I won't have to cut my thumb after all :D

Endaris wrote:

[...]Also try to get better accuracy overall.
Now I know it is considered shameful to have an acc below 99% and I really wonder how you might get there, considering I would have to play difficulties, that I just find boring. To me the game is at its most rewarding when I feel there is an actual challenge, so I play maps with patterns i find a bit difficult at my current skill level. I also admit enjoying to watch my pp rise. Any tips?
chainpullz
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/2614511
^not shameful at all
Cookiedipp
For tips on accuracy, I think it would be good to play maps slightly below the star difficulties you play now. Simply passing a map with an A or B isn't going to do much for you when it comes to your accuracy. A good goal would be to play maps where you can FC with 98% or higher. When you can consistantly FC maps with good accuracy, you can move up in star difficulty. It's always fun to challenge yourself every now again with maps just outside your comfort zone. But it's also important to build up your basic skills.
Endaris
99% is not required but sub90% always looks kind of...unskilled. If you asked me(which you didnt) I would tell you that you should strive for 95%+ weighted accuracy, better 97%+, anything above revolves around how you want to play the game.
osu! consists of tapping and aiming in equal parts. If aim is the only part of osu! you find appealing/challenging you might want to play Relax+other mods instead of pretending to play a rhythm game.
Topic Starter
neatoneet
I was exaggerating a bit when I was talking about 99%, ok? No need to be so harsh with your response :o
Well, there is songs where it just "clicks" and others where I don't really get the flow. Mostly when there are streams and lots of stacks involved. I might follow your advice and play something which I'm a bit more comfortable with and then come back to the maps I got <90% accuracy on. Anyways, thanks for the advice!
KanoSet

neatoneet wrote:

Now I know it is considered shameful to have an acc below 99% and I really wonder how you might get there, considering I would have to play difficulties, that I just find boring. To me the game is at its most rewarding when I feel there is an actual challenge, so I play maps with patterns i find a bit difficult at my current skill level. I also admit enjoying to watch my pp rise. Any tips?
one of my best plays is B with 92%.. but ye pp wise less than 98% isn't that good anymore.
i cri

why not playing things that you can get pp from AND songs are slightly harder AND things that is way harder.. seems more fun
just do not play crazy stuff mainly cuz it will mess you up.. foucos on bassics and build your way slowly
sottovoce
It's nothing to do with looking unskilled, it's just recommended to learn accuracy because generally it's easier to learn high OD acc than it is to learn aim/speed and therefore you'll have an easier time getting pp that way. Global acc is a meaningless stat - even if you do put stock in it, how do you compare a player with 100% acc on OD5 single tap maps to a player with 95% but only OD10 stream map scores?

Back on topic, I've done a similar thing to OP more times than I'd like to admit - during a long map might pause for a few seconds during the break, when returning my muscle memory clicks retry. 8-)
The Gambler
Snapped too hard... so no FC
Infevo
change your button layout on a regular basis to make yourself think what you press.
imitch5
Played while a window in my room was open. This was late at night during the summer, and much to my neighbors displeasure, I have am mx blue switch keyboard. I was told by the father of the family that I would either close the windoe, or he would yell loud enough to wake up MY parents.