forum

Are video games a waste of time?

posted
Total Posts
show more
theowest
I often feel that way. But I just don't find myself doing anything more productive most of the time.

Ended up spending 25 hours to create this giant-ass rubik's cube in Fallout 4:
Waste? Maybe, but at least I got a lot of publicity from it. :o
Railey2
now solve it
balldoowell
Playing osu! makes me better at osu!

Weight lifting makes me better at weight lifting AND anything else that requires strength.

So yeah games are pretty useless
theowest

Railey2 wrote:

now solve it
Karuta-_old_1
people already spent ages discussing about pointless stuff, so why is game a waste of time again
Railey2

theowest wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

now solve it
10/10
chaee
Yes, now keep wasting your time doing what you love.
leepdesu
I leik kliking sircurls
Endie-

-LeeP- wrote:

I leik kliking sircurls
Witch Mercy
technically anything can be a waste of time if you don't enjoy it imo
Julia_1439
I agree with you on the "all hobbies are a waste of time" thing. We all need an escape somehow, and what better way to do it than doing what you love?
Rilene

Sliceofpie wrote:

I agree with you on the "all hobbies are a waste of time" thing. We all need an escape somehow, and what better way to do it than doing what you love?
There's nothing we do that doesn't waste time.
Sanxu_old
"waste - noun"
"1. an act or instance of using or expending something carelessly, extravagantly, or to no purpose."

Well OP, if you want me to answer that question, you'll first have to answer me what the purpose of life is.
kaiske
mom says, game cannot bring food to the dinner
Qiyana
Tell your parents they wasted your time even telling you that.
IppE
Yes, videogames are a waste of time, in the same way watching television is.

But boy it sure is a fun waste of time.
RBRat3
The only time that is wasted is your own so you first have to ask what is your time worth to you?

Sadly I've fallen out of playing games unlike my peers, I just dont enjoy them as much as I did in my youth :(
I get more gratification working on them where there is something tangible at the end not a score or game over...
A Medic

kaiske wrote:

mom says, game cannot bring food to the dinner

If you become a pro it can.
Hith0
Hmm this is tough to respond to.
On one hand video games provide you with fun and enjoyment and can help reduce the stress you feel from life.
On the other unless you join the .001% that become pro gamers, there's no way for it to become a productive part of your life.
I guess you could call it a compromise. Sacrificing productivity for enjoyment and honest fun. But that's just how I view it.
GSG95

RBRat3 wrote:

The only time that is wasted is your own so you first have to ask what is your time worth to you?
This is the real answer.