forum

DT is magically transforms our brain?

posted
Total Posts
show more
chainpullz
There are techniques for clicking circles? I've always just clicked circles and that's been plenty enough to play a variety of maps/mods/difficulties.
ZenithPhantasm
What's reading? I thought this game was about mindlessly clicking circles. 8-)
-sev
yes
Pituophis

lmpIicates wrote:

Do not even touch the mods until you reach 5 stars or under 10,000
That seems a bit hypocritical looking at you Top Performances...
Topic Starter
Vesrand
It's simple.
1st technique: when i'm about to click circle i focus on next one and keep in mind my next move while looking on all other objects with peripheral vision and trying to keep in mind sequence at which they appeared. Only simple patterns in mind. I used it as default technique but now its broken for me.
2nd technique: focusing on circle i'm about to click while looking on other objects with peripheral vision trying to keep in mind sequence at which they appeared. No patterns in mind at all (all moves between notes as separate actions). I use this technique when patterns are hard to read (low AR and little fast sliders) and when my aim is broken (because it easier to aim when you focus at circle you want to click).
3rd technique: Not focusing on anything. Thinking about all notes on screen or at least large group of notes as one pattern. I use it for high bpm patterns. Now this technique allowed me to play DT much better then before but i just cant switch between this technique and 1st technique. It also useful for fast streams because its impossible to read every note in fast stream separately.
4th technique: Focus on last appeared note while memorizing all paths between all other notes on screen. Its like playing with hidden without actually activating hidden. Since i suck at HD i cant normally play with this technique but it's still usefull for AR10+

I already posted about it t/364977&start=0
So i think i can say that 1st and 2nd are direct-reading. And 3rd and 4th are side-reading.
I still cant decide what should i use.
chainpullz

Vesrand wrote:

It's simple.
1st technique: when i'm about to click circle i focus on next one and keep in mind my next move while looking on all other objects with peripheral vision and trying to keep in mind sequence at which they appeared. Only simple patterns in mind. I used it as default technique but now its broken for me.
2nd technique: focusing on circle i'm about to click while looking on other objects with peripheral vision trying to keep in mind sequence at which they appeared. No patterns in mind at all (all moves between notes as separate actions). I use this technique when patterns are hard to read (low AR and little fast sliders) and when my aim is broken (because it easier to aim when you focus at circle you want to click).
3rd technique: Not focusing on anything. Thinking about all notes on screen or at least large group of notes as one pattern. I use it for high bpm patterns. Now this technique allowed me to play DT much better then before but i just cant switch between this technique and 1st technique. It also useful for fast streams because its impossible to read every note in fast stream separately.
4rd technique: Focus on last appeared note while memorizing all paths between all other notes on screen. Its like playing with hidden without actually activating hidden. Since i suck at HD i cant normally play with this technique but it's still usefull for AR10+
I don't think anyone who actually is any good at this game pays much attention to anything. They just play the map. You're overthinking this. Maybe that's why your reading sucks?
otoed1
Howabout we all just play the game. Thats how you l2play. We can't game the system aside from a few obvious things like acceleration.
Topic Starter
Vesrand
Well it's not like i'm not improving. For last 3 month i improved a lot. I just want to know how pro are playing and play the same way. Because i'm afraid that i can choose playstyle that has no potential to bring me to good players.
Like mushing buttons. We all know that one wont became good by mushing buttons no matter how much he plays.
chainpullz

Vesrand wrote:

Well it's not like i'm not improving. For last 3 month i improved a lot. I just want to know how pro are playing and play the same way. Because i'm afraid that i can choose playstyle that has no potential to bring me to good players.
Like mushing buttons. We all know that one wont became good by mushing buttons no matter how much he plays.
I'm not even lieing when I say most top players don't think about these things. They just play and try to have fun (or farm pp depending on who we are talking about).

There's no secret to reading. This idea that there are "multiple techniques to read" is your primary failing. You should read everything the same and it should be whatever is most comfortable.
Endaris

chainpullz wrote:

You should read everything the same and it should be whatever is most comfortable.
I disagree.
Depending on note density, patterning and mods used it can be very efficient if you focus on certain visuals.
These can be followpoints(Jumps, HD, FL, very high AR caused by HR/HRDT), approachcircles(stacks with varying spacing, streams, EZ, partially FL), numbers(EZ, EZHD, partially FL), colors(rhythmic deviations considering spacing, EZ, FL on higher *), hitcircles(stacks, back+forth patterns).
While this doesn't sound like a thing as you usually got all of these on screen the skill of utilizing each of these visual indicators to figure out how the map has to be played is what I would consider "reading" along with some rhythmic skill to anticipate how tricky rhythmic patterns will sound like.
Of course you don't think about it during gameplay but thinking about how you utilize the tools given to you might be not that bad.
The Gambler
But I play HR... It's just as bad as DT mashing, only at normal speeds
Endaris

The Gambler wrote:

mashing...It's just bad
ftfy, stop mashing
chainpullz

a loli wrote:

haha reminds of that time i accidentally clicked United and got 600pp
Remember that time you accidentally turned on DT and won two OWC maps?
sottovoce

lmpIicates wrote:

Do not even touch the mods until you reach 5 stars or under 10,000
Nice advice from a qualified player
The Gambler

Yes, it magically does :)
Roxy Lalonde

chainpullz wrote:

I'm not even lieing when I say most top players don't think about these things. They just play and try to have fun (or farm pp depending on who we are talking about).

There's no secret to reading. This idea that there are "multiple techniques to read" is your primary failing. You should read everything the same and it should be whatever is most comfortable.
osu!'s a pretty simple game and if you spend the time and effort you CAN figure out "multiple techniques" for pretty much about everything. it's not a hard game to decode.

with that being said, your mental state and motivation are far more important than any "special techniques" that may offer you trivial amounts of reward in comparison with playing in the right way (right way I mean, you know how manage your mental state and when to quit for now or push through).
based god lil b
you poofters read into this game way too much. there's no special/multiple techniques to playing this game. just play the fucking game and it'll just all come together. if you guys spent the time you spend on the forums actually playing the game, you might be decent at this game lmao. pce
Pituophis
ZenithPhantasm
He's basically saying play more except he used way too many words. Dale y do u even go on the forums?!?
Sh0keR
you were soaked into the DT realm world, now you can't escape
based god lil b

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

He's basically saying play more except he used way too many words. Dale y do u even go on the forums?!?
to preach the word of the based god