forum

[resolved] osu! crashes my monitor whenever I open it or something

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Soul Stealer
Problem Details:
WHY?!?!? All I did was turn on my computer, open osu!, but it says it's corrupted and it needs to reinstall. Ok, I'll just need to set my settings back. No big deal. Then I actually go to my settings.I first go to the resolution/screen size thingy and click Fullscreen. Then, my monitor goes black, then a blue message appears saying, "Out of range". I can't even take a screenshot of it, because it's only doing that on the monitor itself, not on the computer, so it just takes a screenshot of what I have on the computer, not the black screen or the message. So (as always when it comes to this crap computer and all it's crap), It just has to go from not too good, to bad, to worse-case senario. WTF!!!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Unable to provide screenshot, as this problem affects the monitor, not the computer itself.

osu! version: 20151026.3 (latest)
TheVileOne
What resolution are you choosing? Try a different resolution.
Topic Starter
Soul Stealer
I would change the solution, but I can't. I can't see anything on the screen the second I open osu! to the second I exit it. And I've tried using muscle memory to try and guess where it is a lot... doesn't work.
Edit- I guess it's more of a technical problem then an osu! based problem (even though it affects osu!) but idk what else to do
Trosk-
Hold Shift while opening osu! and don't release it until a config window pops up, then change the resolution and disable Fullscreen on that window and start osu!
Topic Starter
Soul Stealer
Huh. No idea what you mean but I'll try that. XD Also, idk if this changes something, but when I turned my computer on this morning, the computer went to a bluescreen type screen for a sec, then started telling me about how it was terminating all the corrupt files. Those corrupt files turned out to be osu!. >.< I don't think that changes something because I can just "download osu!" to get a shortcut and open it and I still have the same problem with the monitor. I'll try that though, Trosk
Topic Starter
Soul Stealer

The Arrival wrote:

Huh. No idea what you mean but I'll try that. XD Also, idk if this changes something, but when I turned my computer on this morning, the computer went to a bluescreen type screen for a sec, then started telling me about how it was terminating all the corrupt files. Those corrupt files turned out to be osu!. >.< I don't think that changes something because I can just "download osu!" to get a shortcut and open it and I still have the same problem with the monitor. I'll try that though, Trosk
WOW. Uh.... I have no idea why it was on 1920x1440 (idk who's monitor could ever use that) but thanks!!!!!!!!! *hugs Trosk-*

And another save by the Support Team XD