forum

Team Fortress 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mara
Good job.
Jinxy
I found a gift in its transparent mode which meant I can't pick it yet, so I waited there, and then suddenly Headless Horseless Horsemann OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE.

Also, good spies are fucking scary.

I was chasing and flaming one down a corridor, then the second we get out of the corridor, he turns right a little, and when I do too, he turns hard left and sidestabs me.

I also killed the same guy by my flamethrower, not sure if its just an afterburn slightly too far from my flamethrower, then I flamed around the area for a bit because I knew he was a DR, and when I thought he had already run, he somehow hands me my fucking eternal reward without getting hit by my flames for the past 5 seconds.

I was so paranoid after that, I was looking back every 2 seconds while heading to the enemy's fort in doublecross. ;_;
Gens
Great bump of justice.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/23/valve ... lay-title/

I'll be able to finally play it, if that ever happens. It does seem factible with the huge amount of microtransactions. Already playing in this free week, and loving it. \o/

Steam ID is GensHaze, add me because I for some reason can't add you guys (???).

Edit like message: it's official now!
adam2046
zsr123

Gens wrote:

add me because I for some reason can't add you guys (???).
you need to purchase one game on steam ...
Tatsuo
In honor of Team Fortress 2 being free to play forever, I have brought up a server for people to mess around in. This server is located on the West Coast of the US.

There's no password, and it's a brand new server. Gather some friends and blow each other up. Enjoy if you play on it.

Edit: I turned this server into a trade server. Derp.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
akjsghakjsdhkjasdhjkashdkjahsdkjshdkjahsdkjasdh

TF2 is free.

asudgjasgdyiasgdyisagdiusahbdojsahdouisahduahsiudhsaijdisdhid

WHAT A WASTE OF $20.

asjdgauisgduisahdiksamdopsdvlcsfjboidsfjnopsdgjsadpofjsadpo
Doomsday
Oh Sweet. Shame I already bought it ages ago but at least this should mean there'll always be plenty of people to play with.

Speaking of that, perhaps I should start playing it again.
adam2046
I don't see why people seem to have a problem with it going free...
Remco32

adam2046 wrote:

I don't see why people seem to have a problem with it going free...
It'll attract the free2play games crowd. That's pretty much the only complaint I can come up with.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
I spent my $20.00 for a game which turns out free in the end.
Even if you say that all the free hat is worth $5, and all my items I got are worth $10, I still have a $5.00 deficit.
At least what valve can do is refund at least one dollar, or at least give away a key or something.
adam2046

NoHItter wrote:

I spent my $20.00 for a game which turns out free in the end.
Even if you say that all the free hat is worth $5, and all my items I got are worth $10, I still have a $5.00 deficit.
At least what valve can do is refund at least one dollar, or at least give away a key or something.
I'm sorry, did all your playtime and the time you spent owning the game suddenly magically disappear?
The answer is no, no it didn't.

If you get a cupcake one day for 2 bucks, but the next day cupcakes are free and you can't have any because you already had your cupcake (But they gave you some sprinkles for free).
Do you complain? Do you want your money back? No, you had your damn cupcake and it was good.

People who complain about other people getting things for free are the worst kinds of people. Right after Hitler.
Gens

zsr123 wrote:

Gens wrote:

add me because I for some reason can't add you guys (???).
you need to purchase one game on steam ...
Yeah, figured yesterday I should find out the reason by clicking the "Visit Steam Support for more information" link.

Someone gift me something!
Topic Starter
NoHitter

adam2046 wrote:

I'm sorry, did all your playtime and the time you spent owning the game suddenly magically disappear?
The answer is no, no it didn't.

If you get a cupcake one day for 2 bucks, but the next day cupcakes are free and you can't have any because you already had your cupcake (But they gave you some sprinkles for free).
Do you complain? Do you want your money back? No, you had your damn cupcake and it was good.

People who complain about other people getting things for free are the worst kinds of people. Right after Hitler.
Perhaps I overreacted.
I'm also worried that the updates won't be as common anymore.
Remco32

Gens wrote:

Yeah, figured yesterday I should find out the reason by clicking the "Visit Steam Support for more information" link.

Someone gift me something!
Buy a random dirtcheap Steam deal! And get your wallet ready for the inevitable summersale while you're at it.

NoHItter wrote:

Perhaps I overreacted.
I'm also worried that the updates won't be as common anymore.
Why would that happen? Valve didn't make any direct money from an update, only from the Mann.co sales that might've followed from those updates. And now that even more people are playing, they will make even more money that way.
Leader

adam2046 wrote:

Best "Meet the" ever made.
awp
wow people actually didn't have TF2? It came free with the Orange Box, which has been 20 bux for years

I thought everyone had this game
WhoAteFred

PedoLead wrote:

Best "Meet the" ever made.
Also, free tf2, what?
Randy96
Downloading now, done in about 2 hours lol
-Mantis-
The F2P concept will ruin the whole game. It will be even more casual as it was before.
I don't really understand why Valve did this, it's completely useless to make it free.

WhoAteFred
TBH, other than tourney play, was TF2 anything but a casual game for, well, a long time?
adam2046

-Mantis- wrote:

It will be even more casual as it was before.
It's the same game.
jjrocks

adam2046 wrote:

Youtube video
I saw this and laughed so hard. Makes me wonder if these guys will ever get into making movies or longer versions of these videos.
Remco32

-Mantis- wrote:

I don't really understand why Valve did this, it's completely useless to make it free.
To make money? Any potential buyer bought TF2 by now.
WhoAteFred
Standard F2P MMO logic. More players=more people wanting to buy useless overpriced stuff.
-Mantis-

adam2046 wrote:

It's the same game.
But not the same players.
Casuals will flood tf2 and hardcore players will play something else.

adam2046

-Mantis- wrote:

Pffthahaha
Remco32

-Mantis- wrote:

adam2046 wrote:

It's the same game.
But not the same players.
[attachment=0:c4dd5]Cirno wat klein.png[/attachment:c4dd5]
If you mean with casuals players who are having fun and hardcore tourneyfags, don't we all benefit?
-Mantis-

Remco32 wrote:

If you mean with casuals players who are having fun and hardcore tourneyfags, don't we all benefit?
I don't said that being a casual or a hardcore gamer is something bad, i just mean that the game will getting worse because of alle this people who are just like "hurr durr, a free game, must play, derp". These people are likely to play it for some days, doing some shit in this time and leave it after that period to never play it again. And after some time the game will only have this players because others will get tired of their misbehavior. I don't say it will be that extreme, but the game will definetly suffer from a loss of quality.

WhoAteFred
Honestly, all it takes are admins on servers to kick/ban unwanted players. All this makes it so more idiots come in. Also, the tf2 community wasn't exactly superb before this.
Remco32

-Mantis- wrote:

Remco32 wrote:

I don't said that being a casual or a hardcore gamer is something bad, i just mean that the game will getting worse because of alle this people who are just like "hurr durr, a free game, must play, derp". These people are likely to play it for some days, doing some shit in this time and leave it after that period to never play it again. And after some time the game will only have this players because others will get tired of their misbehavior. I don't say it will be that extreme, but the game will definetly suffer from a loss of quality.
[attachment=0:8cc5e]1294356359001 klein.png[/attachment:8cc5e]
I don't think the premium folks will quit. And only now there will be a massive amount of new players due to it just getting F2P. After a while, the influx of new players will be significantly lower, and people will be less bothered by newbies not knowing the ropes yet.
Also, stop posting random reactionimages at the end of each post. It's really annoying and unfitting on an internetforum. Go spam /v/ if you really have some kind of quota of reactionimages you must post.

WhoAteFred wrote:

Honestly, all it takes are admins on servers to kick/ban unwanted players. All this makes it so more idiots come in. Also, the tf2 community wasn't exactly superb before this.
I never experienced the TF2 community to be as bad as CS:S. I mostly play on European servers, so that might affect my opinion on the community.
-Mantis-

Remco32 wrote:

Also, stop posting random reactionimages at the end of each post. It's really annoying and unfitting on an internetforum. Go spam /v/ if you really have some kind of quota of reactionimages you must post.
I don't see any rules which forbid posting reaction images and I always keep them really small, so where is your problem? As long as i don't post huge images which disturb and distract everyone from reading the thread, it's not a problem in my opinion.
Deal with it 8-)

Remco32

-Mantis- wrote:

Remco32 wrote:

I don't see any rules which forbid posting reaction images and I always keep them really small, so where is your problem? As long as i don't post huge images which disturb and distract everyone from reading the thread, it's not a problem in my opinion.
There's no rule against it, but it's fucking annoying.
Deal with it 8-)
XDXDXDXD!
-Mantis-

Remco32 wrote:

There's no rule against it, but it's fucking annoying.

Because it fits so well here. :3
Randy96
Spy is hard ;_;, but getting that one back-stab after countless deaths is pretty invigorating
WhoAteFred

Remco32 wrote:

WhoAteFred wrote:

I never experienced the TF2 community to be as bad as CS:S. I mostly play on European servers, so that might affect my opinion on the community.
I was mostly reffering to the TF2 forums, where everyone complains all the time. Obviously, each server would have it's own community.
Remco32

WhoAteFred wrote:

I was mostly reffering to the TF2 forums, where everyone complains all the time. Obviously, each server would have it's own community.
Ah, that would be the Tourneyfags complaining about weapons they will ban from their tournaments anyway. Since they are too full of themselves to play with the regular crowd (pubs), they only play with other tourneyfags. It's not really a problem you'll encounter during the game itself.
awp
There's a rule along the lines of "don't be a dick" and there's a rule against spamming (in this case, worthless images that consume bandwidth)

it doesn't add substance to the post, so don't do it often
-Mantis-

awp wrote:

There's a rule along the lines of "don't be a dick" and there's a rule against spamming (in this case, worthless images that consume bandwidth)
Being a dick was never my intention, i just like posting pictures with my post.
Also it's not my plan to spam them, if i post pics, i keep them small like 50-150 kb.

awp wrote:

it doesn't add substance to the post, so don't do it often
I will think about it, before i post one, but don't get mad at me, when i do :3

awp
No, what I meant was, stop doing it.

The bandwidth issue is especially sensitive to mobile phones, where service providers have a particularly high data rate (such as a dollar a MB). The other half about it being completely unnecessary and pointless is more of an appeal for decency.

I am tempted to say "do it again and your posting privs will be suspended", but on the other hand I might make it interesting and flip a coin for each post you attach a pointless image to, so there's a 50% chance you get away with it. I'd sweeten the deal with a die roll but I don't have one
show more