Team Fortress 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rukario

Galkan wrote:

Quality Unboxing / Quality English

I sooo hoped for an unusual hat with new effect :V
It can't always be like last year's halloween.
Galkan
Yeah, it could have been even better :D I'll save some robocrates for later, in 2 months time the price will skyrocket to salvaged level.
0_o

Galkan wrote:

Yeah, it could have been even better :D I'll save some robocrates for later, in 2 months time the price will skyrocket to salvaged level.
I really don't think they'll go that high tbh (any time soon, at least). When they become rare they'll have had 5 weeks as very common drops. By then, the hype about the robo-hats will die down (there are really only a few that people really want) and people just won't care that much about them anymore.

I'm planning on selling mine the day they're made rare while everyone's freaking out about them.
Vish024
So I've played some casual scrims here with a few randoms and friends, enjoyed it. Might consider getting into the competitive scene once I land a better pc.
Galkan
Contrastion

Galkan wrote:

I laughed at this. It's great.
Apex_old
Anyone want trade for an Your Eternal Reward? My acount is called apexe_
Galkan

Apex wrote:

Anyone want trade for an Your Eternal Reward? My acount is called apexe_
http://scrap.tf/ unless you mean strange variant.
0_o
I just found myself on a server with Tobias Funke, a popular spy on Youtube, on the other team.

SO PARANOID
Vish024
Another season, another crate. And another godamn key I'm probably gonna have to buy. WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME VALVE?
Chokladboll
Am I the only one in this world who thinks the majoity of the tf2 community are a bunch of immature fucks?
Rukario

SmashPixel wrote:

Am I the only one in this world who thinks the majoity of the world are a bunch of immature fucks?
Fixed that for you.
Vish024
That stuff exists in every community, everyone makes a song and dance about it but it's not gonna change anything.
0_o
Holy crap.

This has the potential to be the greatest update of all time.
Rukario
Lilac
To be honest, I hope they could get new weapons in along with these sorts of changes to existing weapons.

I could see why they also stopped the set bonuses as they definitely got too good for their own measure but removing them out right would feel like people would be extremely cheated.

Nevertheless, I agree with the picture above.
0_o
Well the post says that the sets will be giving a different kind of bonus that doesn't affect gameplay. So maybe a particle effect or something? Either way, the ones who own the set will be compensated somehow.

I am a bit worried about the Sniper and Scout sets, though. Headshot protection is a pretty big deal; I suppose it would be ok if they put it on the Sleeper, but I hope they make it headshot resistance instead.

As for scout, I feel like the +25hp bonus would only be balanced on the Shortstop, but that would mean you could equip the Pocket Pistol and be at 165 hp, which would be ridiculous. The only way I could see it working is if they removed the hp bonus from the Pocket Pistol.
Galkan
Vish024
Yay they finally fixed Egypt, now it might actually be possible to cap the second stage for the blu team when red has about 10 engies with stuff all on top of those godamn arches. The best way to fix Hydro would be to remove it from the game according to me. Only thing I'm slightly worried about is the marked for death on the escape plan, I love pulling it out when in a sticky situation and just fleeing, and also the changes made to the glorious wrangler "slightly" reducing its accuracy. All things considered this is a huge update, might have the potential to piss a lot of people off.
Apex_old
Jarate is one of the most overrated weapon in TF2. Long recharge(24 goddamn seconds), and what's the function? Fire extinguisher and Mini-crit inducer for 8 seconds? We can't really hit the enemy and the change of getting lit by fire is actually quite small as we would be dead before we were extinguished, or after the fire is extinguished, we get lit again.
0_o
a) Against a flamethrower, sure, but it's great for dealing with distant flare shots.
b) You're only considering the jarate's use to you. If your team's around, you can easily turn the tide of an incoming assault just by looking at the crowd and pressing M1.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
*throws Jarate*
*brings out Bushwacka*

^ That's why I use Jarate.

And don't underestimate the minicrits. I can two noscope hit a Scout under Jarate, as opposed to three which may be all it takes to survive or not.
Apex_old
I tried your tactic and I got backstabbed 12 times in 20 minutes.
Jinxy
That might be attributed to you instead of jarate just saying

But seriously, 12 times? Did he get you unaware or did you get into melee with him and lose

12 times

when he was jarated and could be OHKO'd with Bushwacka
Apex_old
Chinese servers.

OH, what a big mistake I made.
Vish024
Jarate can turn a game around if you use it correctly. If you see the entire enemy team or at least most of 'em hanging in a pack just launch it at them and your teammates will have it easy finishing them off. It's useful for exposing spies and as for putting out fires, don't try and put it out the moment you've been lit. Only put it out when you're clear of the pyro.
GenoClysm

they call me the trumpster
though im living in a dumpste
Lilac
Street passed AyesDyef yesterday.

I kinda cried when I found out 5 hours later.
0_o
Huh, well that's interesting.Apparently Jarate (and Mad Milk) was actually nerfed in the balance update.

The explosion radius is smaller, and it doesn't pierce enemies.

Might be a bug, though.
Shirai Kuroko
I don't know why but i always drop Wings . I have about 24 wings i think.And the most annoying thing about it is i hate scout
Josh The Biker
1. Go to Video or wherever you change your game's settings.
2. Most games here will have things such as "Model quality, texture quality, shadow quality, etc." Lower these as you please (preferably to medium) and then click on Advanced Settings.
3. Set antialiasing mode to None. If None is not available, change it to the lowest setting. If this messes things up, change it back to a low setting.
4. Change filtering to None (if available) or Bilinear.
5. Set wait for vertical sync to disabled. If this messes things up, again, change it back.
6. Disable Motion Blur.
7. Lower the FOV to a nice setting where you can still see well but don't see too much so the game doesn't have to process too much on screen.
8. Turn off Multicore Rendering.
9. Turn off High Dynamic Range or lower it and uncheck "Use bloom effect when available. Again, if this makes things look poor change it back.
10.Turn Water reflections to Simple reflections.
11. Turn off Color Correction. If this messes things up, change it back. I don't have much experience with this but you can probably leave it alone, I got my slow TF2 to run just fine without modifying this setting.
Mara
Lowering the settings not helping? Try following guide where we will lower the settings. Might as well just go for maxfpsconfig.
Flanster
I think every gamer with a lower-end pc knows how to speed up games.
Thanks for the TF2 optimisation guide.
Josh The Biker

Mara wrote:

Lowering the settings not helping? Try following guide where we will lower the settings. Might as well just go for maxfpsconfig.
It's definitely where we lower the settings, but in a more advanced way.
Mara
Nope, this is the most basic way. :|
DaddyCoolVipper

Josh The Biker wrote:

Lower these as you please (preferably to medium)

Josh The Biker wrote:

(preferably to medium)

Josh The Biker wrote:

medium
Topic Starter
NoHitter
Merged.
0_o
So I thought I would craft some of my old cheap hats for a shot at the new items.

First craft: Deadliest Duckling. Which, if you notice my Steam username, is AWESOME. Already had one that I wear with everyone, but now I've got one with my name on it.

Then later..
Which I was happy about, but I don't care for the hat itself much.

Got a few random hats that I liked, but eventually told myself I had to stop as I was really cleaning out my backpack (and TF2WH credits)

Then I noticed I had exactly 2 more cheap hats that I never wore...

I went, "oh screw it."

And this happened.

So yeah, I'd say it was a success.
Jarby
Anyone else still play? I finally got around to playing the other day and I'm quite enjoying it.
Sapphiire_old_1
Those face's :') :

show more