best class
Apex_old
Got a Your Eternal Reward today. Anyone want it? My account's name is "apexe_"
OzzyOzrock

Apex wrote:

Got a Your Eternal Reward today. Anyone want it? My account's name is "apexe_"
lelelel
Epz_old
does anyone play 6v6? ive been playing for a while but just quit comp to keep up with uni so just casual pubbing at the moment.

i have some frag vids :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSOcq_WZGhs
OzzyOzrock
all tools are going up in price damn it

^ i play highlander :c 6v6 is pretty intense though. true comp.

very impressive frags though
Vish024
Some people are trying to get me to comp but I'm not sure whether it's my sorta thing.
Epz_old
hmm try out some pickup games and see if you enjoy the format! maybe highlander might be more your thing, different people enjoy different things. some people dont enjoy comp at all but it cant hurt to try!
OzzyOzrock
if you like teamwork with people that aren't garbage, comp should be fun

unless tf2lobby

still fun
OzzyOzrock
VINTAGE BERETS ARE GOING UP NOOOOO
Vish024
Have literally played nothing else in the last week or so except FIFA. Hooked.

Epz wrote:

hmm try out some pickup games and see if you enjoy the format! maybe highlander might be more your thing, different people enjoy different things. some people dont enjoy comp at all but it cant hurt to try!
I wouldn't mind trying, problem is I don't have any close mates who play the game. and I'm afraid to ask on pub servers Are there any Aus based communities that you could suggest?
0_o
I'd love to give comp a shot, I just can't spare the time commitment.

And I know I say this pretty much every other post I make in this thread, but we should definitely organize a osu!tf2 party sometime (where more than 3 people show up). I'd be up for doing something this weekend if anyone else is.
Frozenemerald
Hi i would change the TF2 characters by K-ON characters how make this?
Flanster
Moved to TF2 thread.

The easiest way to do so would be finding K-ON MMD models and converting them to Source models.
Other than that I doubt there are any K-ON TF2 mods..

I found some L4D2 models
http://l4d2.gamebanana.com/skins/105371

Hope they can be somewhat useful such as porting them to tf2 models.
OzzyOzrock
osu! TF2TEAMU YEAH
ColdTooth
Oh, I haven't played in idk, 1 or 2 months. Still, it probably is going to bed lying there, as an ancient piece of equipment.

OzzyOzrock wrote:

osu! TF2TEAMU YEAH
I need to see this.
OzzyOzrock
IT WILL BE DONE, HIGHLANDER TEAM, WE WILL BE UGC PLATINUM

Scout -
Soldier -
Pyro -
Demo -
Engie -
Heavy -
Medic -
Sniper -
Spy - OzzyOzrock 8-)
Rukario
Scout -
Soldier -
Pyro - Rukario (get rekt scrubs)
Demo -
Engie -
Heavy -
Medic -
Sniper -
Spy - OzzyOzrock
0_o
Assuming anything were to actually come together here, I'd want dibs on soldier.
Backfire
I played Scout for a highlander team a while back.

Not saying I should or would, but it was fun :3 (we lost mostly but almost won a few times)
OzzyOzrock
WE WILL COME TOGETHER

RIGHT NOW

over me

unsuggestively of course
Qplayer
>mfw I'm already on an Iron team

Competitive is a ton of fun. The games actually have meaning, you bond with your teammates, you get to play at a much higher level, and you get to make fun of your medic (me) whenever he drops in a crucial situation and loses the round. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone.

And before Cocktorpedo leaps across dimensions from r/trueTF2, here's his guide to getting into competitive TF2.
OzzyOzrock
I'M UGC PLATINUM
Qplayer
We Team Stabby now?
OzzyOzrock
Yes! I am stabby stabby :B
Vish024
I actually wouldn't mind joining. Could play as heavy.

Also the ping issues from Australia are unbelievable so maybe not.
Apex_old
I can do Scout. Soda popper is the best scattergun.
Rukario

Apex wrote:

I can do Scout. Soda popper is the best scattergun.
It is. At least for gigantic scrublords.
OzzyOzrock
ALL DROPS AND UNLOCKS ARE BETTER THAN STOCK; ALWAYS.
Topic Starter
NoHitter

OzzyOzrock wrote:

ALL DROPS AND UNLOCKS ARE BETTER THAN STOCK; ALWAYS.
Sticky Launcher?
Medigun?

unless you're talking about reskins and Strange weapons.
Galkan
Or unless he was mocking Apex :-P
OzzyOzrock
yup lol
0_o
Apparently there's a league in the works - the Overpowered League - that's geared towards those who wouldn't take part in the TF2 comp scene otherwise, offering flexible schedules, performance-based matchups, etc.

No idea if it'll take off or not, but it certainly seems interesting and I'd definitely be more inclined to give this a shot than any of the current competitive leagues.
OzzyOzrock
I'm more used to scheduled things and whatnot. This seems to attractive to non-serious players. Who knows though.
0_o
I think if anything it has potential to be a nice middle-ground between pubs and competitive. While I do play TF2 a lot, I'd rather not make it a responsibility, so the casual-competitive nature of the league does have some appeal to me.
Kazuo
how the poop i am supposed to play this? i just respawn and die in like 2 seconds
0_o

Kazuo wrote:

how the poop i am supposed to play this? i just respawn and die in like 2 seconds
Might just be that you're finding yourself on servers with good players, but yeah, all you need is practice really. Soldier and Heavy both have fairly low skill floors so starting off with them might not be a bad idea.

Also, CRATE 50 AND PORTAL BOX ITEMS RELEASED.
Kazuo

0_o wrote:

Kazuo wrote:

Might just be that you're finding yourself on servers with good players, but yeah, all you need is practice really. Soldier and Heavy both have fairly low skill floors so starting off with them might not be a bad idea.

Also, CRATE 50 AND PORTAL BOX ITEMS RELEASED.
its fun to fail as spy, running around stabbing the air :(
0_o

Kazuo wrote:

its fun to fail as spy, running around stabbing the air :(
Spy is probably one of the hardest classes to start out with, since it requires a lot of gamesense that that you just don't have as a newbie. I'd definitely recommend tackling the other classes first; one of the key elements of spying is predicting your opponents, and getting experience playing the other 8 classes will help with that.
Rukario
EVERYONE LAUGHED AND POINTED AT ME, BUT THERE YOU HAVE IT! STRANGE F U C K I N G PAN BITCHES! GET YOUR EGGS READY, IT'S ABOUT TO GET LOUD! READY STEADY PAN!
OzzyOzrock
strange invisiwatch

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
show more