forum

Team Fortress 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Konei

OzzyOzrock wrote:

This is pretty great, since it's an easier way to pay real money without paypal.
0_o
So Rukario and I spent last night bargain hunting for crates in the market last night. I did a bit more this morning

I may have got a bit carried away.

In case you aren't aware, the low-end pricing on backpack.tf for these crates are:
#1 = 2.44 ref
#13,14 = 1 ref
#19 = 3 ref
#21 = 1.66 ref

The rest are worth 2 scrap or more. I probably spent 3 cents on average for each of these.

My backpack has increased by about $40 in the last 14 hours.
OzzyOzrock
Oh my god you genius
0_o
As a disclaimer, it was Rukario's idea :P He said he was going to try it. I didn't think it would work. It totally did. So I joined in.
Rukario
Brilliant ideas are a gift. Also, this year's batch of Nice and Naughty Crates have arrived.
And still no #50.
So guys, speculations what will be inside each one?
I'll make a guess that instead of festives from last year, there will be like sort of frozen weapons in this one.
Added Naughty Winter Crate 2012 (Series 52) and Nice Winter Crate 2012 (Series 53)
0_o
I'm guessing festive versions of unlocks.
Copter-kun

0_o wrote:

You never know, they could re-release the default festives.
0_o

Copter-kun wrote:

0_o wrote:

You never know, they could re-release the default festives.
Nope.

"ONLY AVAILABLE in the Naughty Crates for the duration of the Holiday Update."

Also. Valve knows they won't sell as many keys if it's just the same stuff as last year.
Drakari_old
Woo, sold 15 crates at $0.01 each. I'll probably sell another 5 later, keep 5 just in case something in it goes up in value significantly.
Rukario
http://www.teamfortress.com/mechaupdate/

GEAR UP GUYS. We will be heading for Big Rock this weekend. So get your Tour of Duty tickets ready. We'll be fighting for GLORY and botkillers.

Let's go, hype for the new Medigun and the new EXPLOSIVE Demo weapon.
OzzyOzrock
FESTIVE AMBASSADOR!?!?!/1/11/1/1/11 ,mop festive unlocks you were right
Copter-kun
So, are you guys crafting after the update?

Rukario

Yeah I lost about 50 refined because of hat crafting and got 0 out of it. I'm basically starting trading at point 0 again.
0_o
Nice one, Copter.

Didn't do any hat crafting, but I did craft the Loose Cannon and Vaccinator. The Loose Cannon is fun, but I'm actually really impressed with the Vaccinator. It adds a whole new dimension to medic gameplay, and while it may be too early to call regarding balance, it's actually a lot of fun to use, and this is coming from someone who isn't huge on medic.
Remco32
I got a #936 Clan Pride
Does that increase the price of it?
0_o

Remco32 wrote:

I got a #936 Clan Pride
Does that increase the price of it?
Unless someone has some particular love of that number, nope.
Remco32
Damnit
Sold off my most valuable item today, the treasure hat thingy. Earned me 12 keys, sold 6 on the market and made €7,50 so far. Time to buy some games on sale
Dekonare

Remco32 wrote:

Damnit
Sold off my most valuable item today, the treasure hat thingy. Earned me 12 keys, sold 6 on the market and made €7,50 so far. Time to buy some games on sale
I should sell my keys also ;_;
Topic Starter
NoHitter
Dear god that market is fast. I listed my crate 40 for $16 and it was bought right off the bat.
Rukario
Autpost thread.

Sold the Blaster for a key shortly after.
Bought a Strange Part + F. Ambassador.
Icyteru
I've got 1 tf2 key from almost 2 years ago, and I haven't touched the game. Anyone want to trade the key for dota 2 items?
Copter-kun

Rukario wrote:

Autpost thread.

Sold the Blaster for a key shortly after.
Bought a Strange Part + F. Ambassador.
Stop lurking in tf2g

New items are easy to jew with on autpost. They always come up with ridiculous prices

Rukario
I'm pretty sure I saw you posting on tf2g as well Copter. Btw, add me on steam^^ Id is Rukarioman.

Also, I'm quite aware of that:
OzzyOzrock
ANY OF YOU PROS WANNA MGE SOMETIME

HIT ME UP

What would you guys price a #103 Wanga Prick? I've had it up for a ref, people are accepting that.
Cropzy
POOT
blueasian_old
New update. The 1st 9 hats in Tf2 will be discontinued in drop, craft and store on Jan 24,2013. You can still uncrate them after that but they will have a 0% chance of being an unusual. They cost $5 in the Mann Co. store so if you want to invest in hats, you might as well do it now.
Professor Prinny

blueasian wrote:

New update. The 1st 9 hats in Tf2 will be discontinued in drop, craft and store on Jan 24,2013. You can still uncrate them after that but they will have a 0% chance of being an unusual. They cost $5 in the Mann Co. store so if you want to invest in hats, you might as well do it now.
The fact that this will happen, will cause the prices of those hats to soar a bit and possibly some 10 year old kid pricing them ridiculously. Although again that will depend on demand after their retirement.
0_o
Just sold my Uncraftable Treasure Hat for 3 buds.

8-)
OzzyOzrock

0_o wrote:

Just sold my Uncraftable Treasure Hat for 3 buds.

8-)
hot damn, nice
Hatsune Scratch
I traded most of page 4 of my BP for gold painted Vintage Fancy Fedora :D
OzzyOzrock
which should be priced at 1.5 keys
Copter-kun

Hatsune Scratch wrote:

I traded most of page 4 of my BP for gold painted Vintage Fancy Fedora :D
You got jewed m8
Hatsune Scratch
I know, but I really wanted it, and all I had were items
And I do stupid trades like this all the time
Lv100 Kringle Collection for Silver Rocket Launcher Botkiller MK. II
Salvaged Crate #40 for Demoman Soul
0_o
Uh, guys, the fancy fedora was vintage. That's 4-5 keys right there, plus a little extra for the pai-

Dude.

DUUUUUUUDE.
OzzyOzrock
No, the Vintage fedora is 1 key.

NOT EVEN FOR GABEN'S SOUL MAN WHYYY
0_o

OzzyOzrock wrote:

No, the Vintage fedora is 1 key.
The price skyrocketed after the fedora was retired, check it out.

Disclaimer: All my info comes from backpack.tf. Wasn't aware of the previous price at the time of my last post.
Hatsune Scratch

0_o wrote:

Uh, guys, the fancy fedora was vintage. That's 4-5 keys right there, plus a little extra for the pai-

Dude.

DUUUUUUUDE.
Yes
BECAUSE I IZ BAST TRAITOR EVAR
ColdTooth

Hatsune Scratch wrote:

Yes
BECAUSE I IZ BAST TRAITOR EVAR

Are you sure? Hmmm.. I shall use my winter crate on y-

Oh wait, it's finally gone. Damn you valve.
OzzyOzrock
The amount of vintage fedoras has stayed the same since 2010. There is no reason for the price to change.
Galkan

OzzyOzrock wrote:

The amount of vintage fedoras has stayed the same since 2010. There is no reason for the price to change.
Welcome to the Jew Fortress community.
show more