forum

Team Fortress 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Copter-kun

OzzyOzrock wrote:

God damn, I wish I had luck.

So I'm thinking of making an osu! loadout. I had some huge plans in mind, but then I gave up and decided that a spy loadout with a pink balloonicorn named pippy and a pink hat (of peppy's choice) named Herbert's Happy Hat + a pink turtleneck would be good enough yeah
The pink battle bob, or a pink hero's tail would be the closest to making it look like pippy.

The pink paint in general is terrible though.
Galkan
Last day of the event, last chance to open Eerie Crates, very last minutes... and what have I found?

This.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHA
0_o

Galkan wrote:

Last day of the event, last chance to open Eerie Crates, very last minutes... and what have I found?

This.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHA
HOT DAMN

Holy crapnuts, congrats.
OzzyOzrock
Yeah sure, I open a crate and get my profits halved, you get an unusual
Alex311360
I uncrated a unusual
Traded it for another better one
Trade it away for 2 games (Borderlands GOTY, L4D2)
OzzyOzrock

Copter-kun wrote:

OzzyOzrock wrote:

God damn, I wish I had luck.

So I'm thinking of making an osu! loadout. I had some huge plans in mind, but then I gave up and decided that a spy loadout with a pink balloonicorn named pippy and a pink hat (of peppy's choice) named Herbert's Happy Hat + a pink turtleneck would be good enough yeah
The pink battle bob, or a pink hero's tail would be the closest to making it look like pippy.

The pink paint in general is terrible though.
I mean a real spy loadout to play with, not just putting items together to make pippy lol
Rukario
VelperK
I just downloaded this game and it's so good o-o
theowest

I hope you don't mind my intrusion.
Vish024
Drakari_old
1 weapon short of having every weapon in the game (not counting reskins, though I have some of those too). Unfortunately, it seems that most people keep the Huo-Long Heaters they find so they don't show up on scrap.tf very often (and get picked up right away if they do).

Update: Now I have every weapon in the game. The question now is, should I next try for stranges of my favorites or see if I can get the hats for those set bonuses.
OzzyOzrock
sell them all for a ridiculous price yeah
Lybydose
Scout hat for set bonus because +25 health is OP
0_o

Lybydose wrote:

Scout hat for set bonus because +25 health is OP
It requires you to actually be decent with the Shortstop though, which is why you really don't see it used very often.

I would definitely recommend the Attendant though, as well as the Familiar Fez.
Rukario
I frind it weird that only the Polycount set got bonuses, when all the other specified sets are just kinda there.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
Honestly, the Polycount sets (except the Pyro) are not so good.
1) Scout's primary weapon replaced with one that's difficult to use, and the removal of the secondary weapon. (It was fine before they nerfed Shortstop.)
2) Soldier's primary got reduced clip size + no damaging secondary weapon.
3) Sniper's set is only useful against other snipers/Ambassador spies while removing your damage dealing headshot.
4) Spy removes your disguise and increases the time it takes to go out of cloak. It may be silent, but unless your opponents aren't really paying attention, you can't backstab them.

Pyro's movement speed upgrade and Powerjack is a less reliable puff and sting method, but doable enough. The bullet and melee vulnerability is limiting though.
Elisha_old
force-a-nature is my weapon of choice (and the huntsman, and natasha)
0_o

NoHitter wrote:

4) Spy removes your disguise and increases the time it takes to go out of cloak. It may be silent, but unless your opponents aren't really paying attention, you can't backstab them.
It doesn't reduce the time it takes to uncloak - it makes it so your outline appears longer after you bump into someone or take damage while cloaked.

The YER is viable even without the set, particularly on Payload defense. And yes, while it is less effective against a communicating team, the silent decloak makes it MUCH easier to use and more than makes up for the lack of disguises on-demand. They even backlisted the set in this season of UGC Highlander because the silent decloak was deemed too powerful.

Kiosk14 wrote:

force-a-nature is my weapon of choice (and the huntsman, and natasha)
Just so you're aware, the force-a-nature and natascha are considered the worst primaries of those classes. Just saying :P
OzzyOzrock
Saharan with DR is a very good choice, if you're good with it, it doesn't matter that you can't walk amongst the other team, you can decloak anywhere you'd like and never give your location away. No blink nerf.
Rukario
I feel so bad for saying this, but I have had so much fun in the last few days with the Phlogistinator.

Alright now that you all stopped booing, it's just a weird combo when you use it with the Scorch Shot. While you play you feel like the worst person because you can not help your burning teammates at all. But then it is so easy to load your Phlog with the Scorch shot just vroom that Pyrocar through some people. it's so stupidly fun. Gotta press that W.
Other than that, I'm just silently (and by silently I mean, I tell everyone this everyday) waiting for the Strange Part for Snipers Killed. My Scattergun is thirsty for counting some sniper kills.
Drakari_old

NoHitter wrote:

Honestly, the Polycount sets (except the Pyro) are not so good.
1) Scout's primary weapon replaced with one that's difficult to use, and the removal of the secondary weapon. (It was fine before they nerfed Shortstop.)
2) Soldier's primary got reduced clip size + no damaging secondary weapon.
3) Sniper's set is only useful against other snipers/Ambassador spies while removing your damage dealing headshot.

Pyro's movement speed upgrade and Powerjack is a less reliable puff and sting method, but doable enough. The bullet and melee vulnerability is limiting though.
1) I actually like the shortstop, and it has longer range than other scout primaries so lacking an offensive secondary isn't such a big deal. With the health boost and self-heal, combined with the scout's normal evasion, it's more of an endurance loadout than regular scout. Definitely less reliable though.

2) Similar to the scout, the soldier loadout increases longevity with the self-heal and damage resistance. The reduced primary clip size isn't a huge deal considering how quickly you can reload and the soldier already has high burst damage so you can do just as well if you're good at aiming and don't take on too many enemies at once. The Black Box is the best primary for the Batallion's Backup since the healing helps reach the damage required to activate it. All that said, neither is all that good and the bonus would be much better served on a set that was better at taking out sentries.

3) Sniper's bonus sucks, but the equips are decent on their own. The Bushwacka is probably the most popular melee for sniper, the danger shield is significantly less useful than Jarate, but better than most of the other secondary slots for the Sniper, and the Sleeper is good if you have neither the patience to charge or the skill to headshot. None of them work all that well together though, and that bonus is worthless.

4) Unless you're playing against really attentive players, the set bonuses are ONLY good with the Dead Ringer (which doesn't have blink and normally makes a very loud decloak sound), and equipping the DR with the Eternal Reward means you have no active stealth abilities. Playing with this set gives a very large change to the way Spy plays, but it's not necessarily worse.

5) The set bonus would be better with the Degreaser and Axestinguisher, though that would probably be extremely overpowered. It's nice to have your choice of secondary weapon though, the Pyro has a lot of good options there.

Anyways, I guess I'd most like to get the pyro set, scout and spy I'm interested in. Soldier and Sniper not so much.
Rukario
Watch me make a ridiculous trade.

We start at my All Father, that I crafted with 3 ref a few weeks back.
So I get the offer of S. Mantreads and 2 ref. At first I'm like hell no, but then I check out post and see that some is making a 1:1 of a #40 and the Treads.
I had to add the 2 ref too, because there already was one that made an offer and added 2 rec, but the trader was offline, so I had a chance to 1-up him.
So I got me that #40 and had conveniently a key at my service too.
Get ready to piss your pants as I make a great profit, when I uncrate a S. Huntsman.

Story time over. :P
Rukario
Predictions for this year's Aussie Christmas?

Go.
adam2046
Hats.
OzzyOzrock

adam2046 wrote:

Hats.
Xgor
Drakari_old
A new weapon that actually has unique stats.

... Just kidding.
Rukario

Drakari wrote:

A new weapon that actually has unique stats.
And then I almost believed you. Tbh I would really love some new weapons that aren't reskins.

Also, let's have a crate #50 discussion. Any predictions when it will come? What will be in it?

My guesses are somewhere along the lines of spycicle, phlog, guillotine, etc
OzzyOzrock
A wrap assassin will be in it I'm sure.

I had a trading adventure eventually leading to me winning.
- Buy Dashin Hashashin for 2 keys
- Sell for 3
- Buy for 2
- Sell for 3
- Sell double-cross comm 5 keys
- Buy white one for 5 keys
- Buy signed vintage kunai for 4 keys
- Sell for 8 keys

uhh, pretty confusing, but I now have 2 bills worth after beginning with 2 from buy low sell high + luck yay
Galkan
I'm still richer than you.
0_o

Galkan wrote:

I WIN

But yeah, nice one ozzy
Alex311360

0_o wrote:

Galkan wrote:

I WIN

But yeah, nice one ozzy
You don't have an unusual. Your life is not complete if you do not have a unusual. And I'm talking about high/god/medium tier unusuals. Not crappy massed flies stuff.

Sadly, I don't have one, but I"m destined to get one if they make holiday hats + new unusual effects. They did it with the halloween hats for unusuals + new effects, they should do it if they have new hats during the Smissmas update.
Drakari_old

0_o wrote:

Galkan wrote:

I WIN

But yeah, nice one ozzy
$378 backpack...

Mine's worth $16.
0_o

sHaDoWsN1pEr13 wrote:

You don't have an unusual. Your life is not complete if you do not have a unusual. And I'm talking about high/god/medium tier unusuals. Not crappy massed flies stuff.

Sadly, I don't have one, but I"m destined to get one if they make holiday hats + new unusual effects. They did it with the halloween hats for unusuals + new effects, they should do it if they have new hats during the Smissmas update.
Meh, I just see unusuals as giant targets above your head and an expectation to live up to when you have it on.
Alex311360
WHY DO I KEEP GETTING CRATE #45
WHY

My BP is only worth 9$ ;-;
OzzyOzrock
with my calculations i'll only take me... 1 2 3 a really long time to be rich with buy low sell high, but it's the best way for patient anti-risk people like me
Drakari_old
Patient anti-risk? Sounds like people who aren't me.

Everything I own I got through scrap.tf, random drops, or store purchases (specifically I bought the cheapest thing I could find in order to get premium, then some keys).
0_o
HOLY BALLS

Official support for buying and selling items for money.

http://steamcommunity.com/market/
OzzyOzrock
HOLY SHIT!!!! this may destroy the market a bit
Drakari_old
Selling a bunch of crate 44 at $0.01 each... Maybe that will get them out of my inventory.

Probably not.

Also, it seems to only be "tool" type items, so no hats or weapons or anything.
show more