forum

Team Fortress 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
0_o
aww

well they seem to be going for around 1.66 refined right now, but I got all mine for 1.33 with a bit of patience, so if you wanna go the trading route it's not tooo bad.
Drakari_old
I'm willing to buy tickets for myself, though I don't have any right now.
0_o
Well if not enough people wanna get tickets we don't have to; lets just do a boot camp session.

I'm free all day tomorrow, so if there's a particular time that works for you guys..?
Drakari_old
I don't have any particularly time-sensitive plans this weekend.
rust45
Same here, except the Kartparty in the evening.

EDIT: If we get enough people willing to get tickets, I'll get a ticket. I can shell out the 1 buck.
Galkan

NoHitter wrote:

Scattergun + Milk scout.
Upgrade +25 HP first.
Then go for Bullet/Blast resistance.

I was able to take Giant Heavies head on with that.
Extended commentary, but here we have movement Scout instead of resists:

0_o wrote:

I just finished a round as bison-only soldier. Holy crap is that thing awesome when it's fully upgraded. Tears through crowds like butter, huge clip, super fast reload, no ammo to worry about, it KILLS tanks, and it crits like a beast. I was shocked at how viable I actually was without using my rocket launcher. Try it out on decoy or coaltown, it's super fun.
I am fully confirming it, I played a couple of rounds with Righteous Bison and that is a superior weapon in MVM, even when you don't have strong team. I only wonder whether Cow Mangler 5000 is that overpowered either.
0_o
If anyone who wants to join hasn't added me yet, please do so ^_^
0_o
How does exactly 4 hours from this post sound to you guys?
Drakari_old
I should be able to make that.
rust45
Already told you I'd be able to make that.
0_o
OK so we have me, Rukario, drakari, rust, and rust's friend. theo hasn't responded so I'm assuming he's asleep, so we have one more spot. Any takers?

Starting in 20 mins.
Drakari_old
So did we decide Mann Up or no?
0_o
We're just doing boot camp for now. We can do Mann Up another time.
theowest
I won't be able to play. Sorry.
0_o
Next time we'll time it reasonably for you people on the other side of the ocean :P

But yeah, we did pretty well overall. The two Normal missions we did we beat flawlessly, and we made decent progress on some of the advanced missions but the stupid server had a time limit so it cut us off :( Hopefully we can get in a full advanced mission next time.
Alex311360
If you guys want, I can host a Mann Up or Tour of Duty party, your pick.
If we're doing Mann Up, I will give away 1 of my tickets to one person. If you don't have a ticket, please buy one in order to play. Vouchers would be nice too. :)
My steam name is: Alex311360
or check out my page at: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nintendoplayer311/

thanx! In a party waiting, just add me!
Alex311360
well, guess since no one would like to join going into my own match. sorry :<
0_o
You should probably plan those things more in advance; not everyone checks the forums every minute of the day :P
Drakari_old
Most of us do try to check at least ONCE each day though, so 24 hours notice should be plenty.

Not that everybody will always be able to make every time.
OzzyOzrock
I'll implore you all to add me yet again for the hell of it

I recently reached the 1000 hour milestone, woop! And 200 hours of Spy at the same time.
Drakari_old

OzzyOzrock wrote:

I recently reached the 1000 hour milestone, woop! And 200 hours of Spy at the same time.
*Looks at own 84 hour total*

Not really that surprising since I've been playing for less than 2 months I guess...
OzzyOzrock
I should join you in a game to contiunously stomp you! :OOOOO
Drakari_old
Well one of us is gonna need to post our profile then.
Rukario
Anyone who wants to play with me can add me. I'm Rukarioman on Steam.
rust45
I guess I'll post my Steam ID in here. http://steamcommunity.com/id/rust45 I play a lot of TF2, but not too much.
Topic Starter
NoHitter

OzzyOzrock wrote:

I play too much. :(
Drakari_old
Well that depends on whether you've had the game since it was released 5 years ago. If you have then that's less than 2 hours each day on average.
Galkan
I started playing TF2 in late January this year and I'm nearing the one thousand hours mark. How much do I play daily? Calculate yourself ^^
OzzyOzrock
My mom caught me capping. Bonus time and everything.
Professor Prinny
Hmm. Do you guys have a life outside of tf2? (only joking) but seriously you don't exactly need to play the game for hours on end.
0_o

Professor Prinny wrote:

Hmm. Do you guys have a life outside of tf2? (only joking) but seriously you don't exactly need to play the game for hours on end.
You don't NEED to play any game for hours on end.

It just happens to be really really fun.
OzzyOzrock

0_o wrote:

Professor Prinny wrote:

You don't NEED to play any game for hours on end.

It just happens to be really really fun.
I used to play osu! as much as I play tf2, now I play tf2 as much as I play tf2
Galkan
Yo, time to sell some items, both clean!

White Cosa Nostra Cap for 5.33 ref / 2 keys / 2 fall keys / clean Team Captain / offers
Surgeon's Stethoscope for a 2.66 ref / key / fall key

If you don't have me added, my id is Galkan.

OzzyOzrock
Selling clean Last Breath, actually themed Zecora's Death Potion. 4 keys 2 ref

What class do you guys main/ how many hours?
Spy-220+
Galkan

OzzyOzrock wrote:

What class do you guys main/ how many hours?
Spy-220+
I have about 230 hours of playtime as Medic and about 100h on both Scout and Engineer.
Someone kit me out with Strange Medigun, please :V

Also, selling some other stuff!
1 : Pyrotechnic Tote for 1.66 ref (or 1.33 ref + any cheap Vintage weapon besides Dead Ringer and Frontier Justice)
2 : Strange Natascha for 0.66 ref
3 : Strange Part: Soldiers Killed for 1 ref
0_o
I used to main Pyro, with 77 hours currently.

Then I started watching pro Spies on youtube, which influenced me to play a lotttt of Spy (122 hours)

Then I decided to learn how to rocket jump. Then I learned how ridiculously fun it is once you get it down. I can now safely call myself a (gunboats) Soldier main with 145 hours. I'm not sure exactly how many of those hours were spent with the Rocket Jumper + Mantreads + Market Gardener combo, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was at least a quarter of them.
Drakari_old
My highest switches between soldier and demoman, both at around 10 hours. Scout's pretty high, but I'm terrible at aiming the scattergun. Spy and Sniper are the lowest because I'm not very good at them and there usually isn't a huge need for them since they're fairly popular.

Interestingly enough, Demoman actually used to be one of my least played classes until I got the Chargin' Targe.
0_o

Drakari wrote:

Interestingly enough, Demoman actually used to be one of my least played classes until I got the Chargin' Targe.
I'm a terrible Demoman, but I love playing Demoknight. I don't care if I'm giving up the most powerful weapon in the game, it's a freakin' blast.
Drakari_old
I'm fine with the grenade launcher, and even the loch 'n load, but using stickies for anything more than really basic sticky jumping... I just can't do it right. My best setup is standard launcher, Chargin' Targe, Half-Zatoichi. It has so much longevity and damage if you can get the direct grenade hits.
Professor Prinny
Demoman is my best class along with Engineer.
Sticky jumping takes you way further than what rocket jumping can do and it takes more damage depending on your loadout.
Also I prefer using the Splendid Screen than the Chargin' Targe.

Sidenote: Selling Taunt: Schadenfreude (clean) for 4 ref, Strange Flamethrower for 0.66 ref.
Steam name (if you don't have me) is: Professor Prinny Layton
show more