forum

Team Fortress 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
0_o
So I realize I'm being a broken record on this thread, but HEY GUYS. LETS PLAY TF2 SOMETIME.

Particularly people on this side of the globe, but hey, I'll settle for some 250 ping madness. I'll probably be on tomorrow night, so if anyone is interested in doing something, post (and/or add me)!

Also, the new guillotine and sapper look awesome.
Galkan
I mean the range of backstab, which is currently 180°, making even sidestabs absolutely legal. When I turn to Spy, he still sees me rotating and on HIS screen everything is legit. The second case (which also happens every often) is when you run backwards and facing the Spy, game will register the hit as a backstab, despite both players are facing themselves. As a Medic player, I suffer the most from it and it irks me to the point I have almost completely dropped the game. What's funnier, those things happen on ping 30 and less.

Picture related

Taken from my Xfire (I was explaining game mechanincs to newbie friend). Seriously... how is that a backstab?

Edit: Maybe new items look cool, but they are either almost useless (sapper) or overpowered a bit (minigun).
0_o
I'll admit I may be biased, as Spy is one my of favourite classes, but really, reducing the backstab angle would be a huge nerf. Spies have it hard enough as it is with the massive number of anti-spy unlocks; getting rid of sidestabs (and thus, several trickstabs) would drive the spy into the ground.

He's already one of the hardest classes to be effective with against good players, I don't think his job needs to be made any more difficult.

Regarding the sapper, I could see it being a great harassment tool. If you sap before killing the engie, the engie will have a real dilemma over whether to remove the sapper (and risk getting stabbed/killed in the process), or gunning you down first (and reducing his sentry to level 1/2).

All it takes is for the engie to be a few seconds away from the building when you sap it, and whether or not he destroys the sapper your effort will actually be worth something.
Baron Nefarious

0_o wrote:

So I realize I'm being a broken record on this thread, but HEY GUYS. LETS PLAY TF2 SOMETIME.

Particularly people on this side of the globe, but hey, I'll settle for some 250 ping madness. I'll probably be on tomorrow night, so if anyone is interested in doing something, post (and/or add me)!

I added you, but I don't play seriously and I don't play most maps. If you're playing dustbowl, goldrush, badwater or turbine then I'll join you. I assume you don't play 2fort, but I totally do all the time.

I pretty much only play with melee. Scout 90%, and heavy or medic for the other 10%.
0_o

Baron Nefarious wrote:

0_o wrote:

I added you, but I don't play seriously and I don't play most maps. If you're playing dustbowl, goldrush, badwater or turbine then I'll join you. I assume you don't play 2fort, but I totally do all the time.

I pretty much only play with melee. Scout 90%, and heavy or medic for the other 10%.
I goof off in 2fort/turbine every now and then as shotgun/steak heavy (occasionally RJ/Mantreads/MG soldier on turbine), and badwater is one of my favourite maps. So I will see you around!
theowest
Looks like I just discovered my new home.

'sup guys
Jinxy
Galkan
Are they just putting Killing Floor in this game?
Nharox

Galkan wrote:

Nope.
theowest

Nharox wrote:

Galkan wrote:

Nope.
it actually sounds a lot like it.

yeahyeahyeahhh
Just a litttttttle bit longer @_@
theowest
So my TF2 just finished updating.

but it's too late to play...
Jinxy
To get the "incredible loot" you have to do missions apparently

And to do missions you need a ticket for $0.99
Tenshi-nyan
Copter-kun
MvM was terribly disappointing sadly, I was expecting much more things from it.
theowest
Add me on steam if you need someone to play with.
theowest
Topic Starter
NoHitter
/joins MvM Coop

Waiting time: 56 minutes

30 min later -> Waiting time: 40 minutes

1 hr later -> Waiting time: About 1 min.

2 min later -> Waiting time: ?

1 min later -> Waiting time: 8 minutes

Mara
It's Valve. Nothing works perfectly on the first day.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
>> Connects to server FINALLY!

>> Connection failed after 4 retries.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
theowest
Search for the server manually, it's easier that way.

So if you use plugins such as !radio on a server, the server will crash.
That's what we did when all of my friends wanted to join my game. c;
Alex311360
Anyone wanna play with me on it?
I got a Squad Surplus voucher (only 1 though :<) so we can all use it on Mann Up
Alex311360
Alex311360
so I went and looked at the prices of every mann vs machine item

ok, now I know I'm collecting all of them and then selling them all 8-) (Golden weapons will prob be worth keys too, maybe even more)
yeahyeahyeahhh
yeah, I traded a buncha items for keys and those keys for dota 2 keys lol
Failed
MvM is boriiiiiiiiing
0_o
Well I've been loving it. Haven't done any Manning Up yet since I'm waiting for the trading price of the tickets to go down, but it'd be awesome if we could do a TEAM OSU! TOUR OF DUTY some time.
Jinxy
then SB the tour into an EBA style map!
theowest

0_o wrote:

Well I've been loving it. Haven't done any Manning Up yet since I'm waiting for the trading price of the tickets to go down, but it'd be awesome if we could do a TEAM OSU! TOUR OF DUTY some time.
sign me up.
Drakari_old
I'll join in on that.
Rukario
I'd be in
Alex311360
In.
Very horrible PC though, and I have a squad surplus ticket too
0_o
Dunno how much ping we'd have with some of you if we played together.. though if there's enough people then we could always have two groups.

Anyway, any particularly fun/effective builds you guys have tried yet?

I just finished a round as bison-only soldier. Holy crap is that thing awesome when it's fully upgraded. Tears through crowds like butter, huge clip, super fast reload, no ammo to worry about, it KILLS tanks, and it crits like a beast. I was shocked at how viable I actually was without using my rocket launcher. Try it out on decoy or coaltown, it's super fun.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
Scattergun + Milk scout.
Upgrade +25 HP first.
Then go for Bullet/Blast resistance.

I was able to take Giant Heavies head on with that.
Drakari_old
Maxed damage Phlogistinator. Mmmph charges up in an instant.
Rukario
Maxed Liberty Launcher Soldier, the rockets fly so fast you barely see them and the reload is fast. And don't foget the buff banner to kill Tanks in mere seconds.
Still gotta try more with Pyro and Demo. Engi is a pretty standard deal. Heavy with maxed Brass Best or Huo-Long Heater is pretty good too.
rust45
MvM's great fun, but all I've really done is just messing around with different sets. Direct Hit's pretty great for soldier though, it already has great damage and upgrading the projectile speed makes them go really fast. Sure you have less splash with it, but for taking down giants and tanks, it's great.
0_o
Who else has tickets? I've just acquired 6, so I would be up for giving Mann Up a go this weekend if you guys are.
rust45
Sorry, no tickets, unless you were willing to give one of those, which I doubt you would.
theowest

rust45 wrote:

Sorry, no tickets, unless you were willing to give one of those, which I doubt you would.
0_o
aww

well they seem to be going for around 1.66 refined right now, but I got all mine for 1.33 with a bit of patience, so if you wanna go the trading route it's not tooo bad.
Drakari_old
I'm willing to buy tickets for myself, though I don't have any right now.
show more