show more
0_o
Monday.
Mr Gaddy
Doomsday
Update page is live!

Day 1 gives us a new game mode. Sounds cool. cheers for the namedrop, Valve
Tenshi-nyan
I haven't been this excited in quite a while now.
Introducing a new gamemode to TF2 sounds like a good idea, but I can't get a straight idea about what this new mode exactly is about :/

But I guess I'll hardly have time to play the new map because I'm starting with a new team in the competetive scene :>
Remco32
It sounds a bit like scavenge from L4D2
Mashley

Hello
Galkan
All I can say, is... I was expecting something in the old, fanmade MTP style, not this... this is just... weak... lame... come on, I don't even have words to comment that movie.
Bestelle
http://store.valvesoftware.com/product.php?i=ATF005T Oh boy!

Movie is okay, but I already knew Pyro was a maniac.
RandomJibberish
I thought it was great. If you expected it to have an unmasking or some big reveal, you are silly. The pyro's entire character is made of mystery, the curiosity of what might reside within the suit - unmasking him/her/it would ruin that feeling and never live up to the fun of not knowing.

The movie was funny and gave us an insight into what makes the pyro who it is, which is all that a meet the team video sets out to do, right.
0_o
It was bizarre, disturbing, horrifying, and hilarious.

Yep, that's pretty much everything I could ask for from Meet the Pyro.
OzzyOzrock
I'd like the weapons to release soon. Maybe it's in TWO MINUTES
adam2046
Q: What is the Pyro about?

A: Burning stuff.

As a Pyro, I think the short was spot on.
OzzyOzrock
The short did everything Valve wanted to do. This involved ignoring the community who only wants direct answers.
0_o
Holy CRAP this update is awesome. All of the new unlocks are actually unique and interesting, TONS of overdue balance tweaks, and a pretty fun new game mode to boot. Definitely my favourite update so far.

The only thing I could say is a little disappointing is the lack of (unique) Pyro unlocks. I was really hoping the Scorch Shot would be a solid Flare jumper, but its jumps are weaker than the Detonator, which wasn't that great to begin with. Hopefully it'll get a buff. EDIT: Also the Scout pistol looks kinda OP (140 HP Scattergun Scouts? *shudder*), but we'll see

I can't wait to try out the Baby Face's Blaster though, it looks like a blast.
Galkan
http://www.teamfortress.com/triad/

More items!
...I wonder when will Valve fix stab system instead :x
0_o

Galkan wrote:

More items!
Fix stab system? What do you mean?

Most "facestabs" are just a product of lag; in most cases they appear fine from the point of view of the spy. Geniune facestabs I've found are pretty rare.
Baron Nefarious

0_o wrote:

Galkan wrote:

More items!
Fix stab system? What do you mean?

Most "facestabs" are just a product of lag; in most cases they appear fine from the point of view of the spy. Geniune facestabs I've found are pretty rare.
Bring back backpedal facestabs plx.
0_o
So I realize I'm being a broken record on this thread, but HEY GUYS. LETS PLAY TF2 SOMETIME.

Particularly people on this side of the globe, but hey, I'll settle for some 250 ping madness. I'll probably be on tomorrow night, so if anyone is interested in doing something, post (and/or add me)!

Also, the new guillotine and sapper look awesome.
Galkan
I mean the range of backstab, which is currently 180°, making even sidestabs absolutely legal. When I turn to Spy, he still sees me rotating and on HIS screen everything is legit. The second case (which also happens every often) is when you run backwards and facing the Spy, game will register the hit as a backstab, despite both players are facing themselves. As a Medic player, I suffer the most from it and it irks me to the point I have almost completely dropped the game. What's funnier, those things happen on ping 30 and less.

Picture related

Taken from my Xfire (I was explaining game mechanincs to newbie friend). Seriously... how is that a backstab?

Edit: Maybe new items look cool, but they are either almost useless (sapper) or overpowered a bit (minigun).
0_o
I'll admit I may be biased, as Spy is one my of favourite classes, but really, reducing the backstab angle would be a huge nerf. Spies have it hard enough as it is with the massive number of anti-spy unlocks; getting rid of sidestabs (and thus, several trickstabs) would drive the spy into the ground.

He's already one of the hardest classes to be effective with against good players, I don't think his job needs to be made any more difficult.

Regarding the sapper, I could see it being a great harassment tool. If you sap before killing the engie, the engie will have a real dilemma over whether to remove the sapper (and risk getting stabbed/killed in the process), or gunning you down first (and reducing his sentry to level 1/2).

All it takes is for the engie to be a few seconds away from the building when you sap it, and whether or not he destroys the sapper your effort will actually be worth something.
Baron Nefarious

0_o wrote:

So I realize I'm being a broken record on this thread, but HEY GUYS. LETS PLAY TF2 SOMETIME.

Particularly people on this side of the globe, but hey, I'll settle for some 250 ping madness. I'll probably be on tomorrow night, so if anyone is interested in doing something, post (and/or add me)!

I added you, but I don't play seriously and I don't play most maps. If you're playing dustbowl, goldrush, badwater or turbine then I'll join you. I assume you don't play 2fort, but I totally do all the time.

I pretty much only play with melee. Scout 90%, and heavy or medic for the other 10%.
0_o

Baron Nefarious wrote:

0_o wrote:

I added you, but I don't play seriously and I don't play most maps. If you're playing dustbowl, goldrush, badwater or turbine then I'll join you. I assume you don't play 2fort, but I totally do all the time.

I pretty much only play with melee. Scout 90%, and heavy or medic for the other 10%.
I goof off in 2fort/turbine every now and then as shotgun/steak heavy (occasionally RJ/Mantreads/MG soldier on turbine), and badwater is one of my favourite maps. So I will see you around!
theowest
Looks like I just discovered my new home.

'sup guys
Jinxy
Galkan
Are they just putting Killing Floor in this game?
Nharox

Galkan wrote:

Nope.
theowest

Nharox wrote:

Galkan wrote:

Nope.
it actually sounds a lot like it.

yeahyeahyeahhh
Just a litttttttle bit longer @_@
theowest
So my TF2 just finished updating.

but it's too late to play...
Jinxy
To get the "incredible loot" you have to do missions apparently

And to do missions you need a ticket for $0.99
Tenshi-nyan
Copter-kun
MvM was terribly disappointing sadly, I was expecting much more things from it.
theowest
Add me on steam if you need someone to play with.
theowest
Topic Starter
NoHitter
/joins MvM Coop

Waiting time: 56 minutes

30 min later -> Waiting time: 40 minutes

1 hr later -> Waiting time: About 1 min.

2 min later -> Waiting time: ?

1 min later -> Waiting time: 8 minutes

Mara
It's Valve. Nothing works perfectly on the first day.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
>> Connects to server FINALLY!

>> Connection failed after 4 retries.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
theowest
Search for the server manually, it's easier that way.

So if you use plugins such as !radio on a server, the server will crash.
That's what we did when all of my friends wanted to join my game. c;
Alex311360
Anyone wanna play with me on it?
I got a Squad Surplus voucher (only 1 though :<) so we can all use it on Mann Up
Alex311360
Alex311360
so I went and looked at the prices of every mann vs machine item

ok, now I know I'm collecting all of them and then selling them all 8-) (Golden weapons will prob be worth keys too, maybe even more)
yeahyeahyeahhh
yeah, I traded a buncha items for keys and those keys for dota 2 keys lol
show more